Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West London Sport podcast 16:18 - Sep 21 with 4652 viewsconnell10

They love Ainsworth ....I don't think!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

West London Sport podcast on 16:31 - Sep 21 with 3340 viewssdm1508

Yeah that Ian guy put something on Twitter (sorry X) talking about the tactics during the Sunderland game and got put in his place by Steve Cook. Although some valid points just a bit bad when he is then super chummy with Ainsworth during the weekly interview. Although Gallen was a good player for us sometimes what he says makes sense but it also comes with a hint of bitterness at time and not overly constructive
West London Sport podcast on 16:34 - Sep 21 with 3325 viewsconnell10

I just don't think either of them rate Anisworth but won't come out and directly say it . Weird.

West London Sport podcast on 16:43 - Sep 21 with 3268 viewssdm1508

Ian kind of did in his Tweet and then got a digital slap from Cook lol
West London Sport podcast on 16:45 - Sep 21 with 3242 viewsnumptydumpty

West London Sport podcast on 16:34 - Sep 21 by connell10

I just don't think either of them rate Anisworth but won't come out and directly say it . Weird.

They are the best for reliably reporting news

When they say something about a transfer I tend to believe it and it mostly happens as they say.

Many others are extremely unreliable about the truth. Massively misplaced speculation, in general.

Podcast is OK.

But probably was better when Dan Bennett hosted and he came across as a Rangers fan, but Blackpool apparently.

As a rule I to listen to the Paul Finney podcast that Clive is often on.

Fifteen years ago, I would have been, what's a podcast !!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

West London Sport podcast on 16:48 - Sep 21 with 3239 viewsdaveB

I found Cook's response about what do you know you've never managed a game to be piss poor. Ian was right with what he said

Always enjoy their podcast, Gallen comes across far better on that than he does on twitter
West London Sport podcast on 16:50 - Sep 21 with 3221 viewssdm1508

West London Sport podcast on 16:45 - Sep 21 by numptydumpty

They are the best for reliably reporting news

When they say something about a transfer I tend to believe it and it mostly happens as they say.

Many others are extremely unreliable about the truth. Massively misplaced speculation, in general.

Podcast is OK.

But probably was better when Dan Bennett hosted and he came across as a Rangers fan, but Blackpool apparently.

As a rule I to listen to the Paul Finney podcast that Clive is often on.

Fifteen years ago, I would have been, what's a podcast !!

The Open all R's Podcast is very good. Think it use to be even better when David Fraser was presenting it. Finney is a good guy it seems but goes a bit all over the place and sometimes feels it loses direction a bit. Bit like some of his twitter action. Gets to emotionally involved and worked up. Pretty much every Podcast brings Chelsea into it. Don't know why really. Yes they were a rival previously but couldn't care less about them now, until we play them either one day in the prem or a cup game
West London Sport podcast on 16:58 - Sep 21 with 3165 viewsconnell10

West London Sport podcast on 16:48 - Sep 21 by daveB

I found Cook's response about what do you know you've never managed a game to be piss poor. Ian was right with what he said

Always enjoy their podcast, Gallen comes across far better on that than he does on twitter

Fair enough but neither of them rate Anisworth , it is obvious, I wish they both come out and say it.

West London Sport podcast on 16:58 - Sep 21 with 3157 viewsdmm

A mate of mine was chatting with Ian McCullough at half time last Saturday and said to me that McCullough hates Ainsworth and doesn't think he's very intelligent.
Login to get fewer ads

West London Sport podcast on 17:03 - Sep 21 with 3139 viewsdaveB

West London Sport podcast on 16:58 - Sep 21 by connell10

Fair enough but neither of them rate Anisworth , it is obvious, I wish they both come out and say it.

So what if they don't rate him, they are not alone with that opinion
West London Sport podcast on 17:04 - Sep 21 with 3134 viewsconnell10

West London Sport podcast on 16:58 - Sep 21 by dmm

A mate of mine was chatting with Ian McCullough at half time last Saturday and said to me that McCullough hates Ainsworth and doesn't think he's very intelligent.

Blimey . I was more he don't like Anisworth tactics not his intelligence.

West London Sport podcast on 17:06 - Sep 21 with 3127 viewsconnell10

West London Sport podcast on 17:03 - Sep 21 by daveB

So what if they don't rate him, they are not alone with that opinion

Yes but they skirt around it, like they are scared I find aggravateing.

West London Sport podcast on 17:23 - Sep 21 with 3064 viewsGaryBannister86

West London Sport podcast on 17:06 - Sep 21 by connell10

Yes but they skirt around it, like they are scared I find aggravateing.

WLS has always been the same, an undercurrent of personal beliefs - but so what? They are easily the most in the know of any online publication about the Rs.

Dave Mc, for those who remember, hated Gerry Francis with an absolute passion. Not sure what happened between them, but WLS / Dave Mc would regularly point out Gerry's managerial misdemeanors ("found Nigel Martyn in a factory" or something).

He / they still credit Don Howe with Gerry's outstanding 90s side rather than give Gerry any credit. Which I think is grossly unfair.

For what it's worth, I enjoy Ian Mc's tweets and journalism about Rangers. I pretty much have the same misgivings about Ainsworth. I didn't mind his tweet, and no problem with Cook replying to it but to play the "how many games have you played" trope was pretty ordinary. Millions of players have no idea about tactics or management.
West London Sport podcast on 17:25 - Sep 21 with 3040 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

We’re doing above expectations under Ainsworth.

If that relative success is going under the radar then fcking great.
West London Sport podcast on 17:31 - Sep 21 with 3017 viewskensalriser

Those expectations were pretty low, to be fair.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

West London Sport podcast on 22:06 - Sep 21 with 2604 viewsHoopsie

When a player came in and “defended” his manager against his critics, that shows a lot

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

West London Sport podcast on 23:42 - Sep 21 with 2438 viewssdm1508

West London Sport podcast on 22:06 - Sep 21 by Hoopsie

When a player came in and “defended” his manager against his critics, that shows a lot

In some ways I don't care what Cook said but the fact he was backing his manager and his team. Showed a level of leadership and quite liked him coming out and showing some fight
West London Sport podcast on 01:24 - Sep 22 with 2362 viewsSydneyRs

West London Sport podcast on 16:31 - Sep 21 by sdm1508

Yeah that Ian guy put something on Twitter (sorry X) talking about the tactics during the Sunderland game and got put in his place by Steve Cook. Although some valid points just a bit bad when he is then super chummy with Ainsworth during the weekly interview. Although Gallen was a good player for us sometimes what he says makes sense but it also comes with a hint of bitterness at time and not overly constructive

Gallen was a very good footballer but isn't the smartest tool in the shed.
West London Sport podcast on 02:34 - Sep 22 with 2330 viewsnumptydumpty

West London Sport podcast on 01:24 - Sep 22 by SydneyRs

They are Rangers fans.

When did logic and reason ever come into play when fans chat about the team.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

West London Sport podcast on 06:41 - Sep 22 with 2237 viewsPlanetHonneywood

West London Sport podcast on 01:24 - Sep 22 by SydneyRs

I'll say one thing for McCullough, he's the perfect antidote to insomnia!

I'm sure someone on here once wrote: he should write down his questions first, and then read them out.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West London Sport podcast on 07:22 - Sep 22 with 2184 viewsLoftgirl

West London Sport podcast on 06:41 - Sep 22 by PlanetHonneywood

I'll say one thing for McCullough, he's the perfect antidote to insomnia!

I'm sure someone on here once wrote: he should write down his questions first, and then read them out.

I agree. I find him amateurish at best.
West London Sport podcast on 07:30 - Sep 22 with 2156 viewsPlanetHonneywood

West London Sport podcast on 07:22 - Sep 22 by Loftgirl

I agree. I find him amateurish at best.

I can't watch or listen to it, but the couple of times I have in the past, I left with the distinct feeling that when it comes to all things QPR: McCullough's default position is one of misery.

To be fair, QPR can do that to you!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

West London Sport podcast on 08:09 - Sep 22 with 2099 viewsNorthernr

The McCulliugh v Cook row is discussed on this week's Open All R's podcast, which I'm on for the first time this season...

West London Sport podcast on 08:36 - Sep 22 with 2040 viewsdmm

I used to watch this regularly but not so much now. I miss Ben Kosky who I found far more insightful than either McCullough or Gallen. For some reason he's stopped appearing on it.
West London Sport podcast on 08:50 - Sep 22 with 2009 viewsDejR_vu

West London Sport podcast on 08:36 - Sep 22 by dmm

I used to watch this regularly but not so much now. I miss Ben Kosky who I found far more insightful than either McCullough or Gallen. For some reason he's stopped appearing on it.

The last time I remember him on it, IM pretty much ignored him and put almost every question to KG. He had to chip in a couple of times to remind them he was there; gooseberry.

I started watching it when Dan Bennett was hosting and he/it was excellent. Not quite IM’s bag but he does a decent job imo.

I do think it’s a cringey thought, when he interviews GA, starts calling him mate, after he’s been airing his views.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

West London Sport podcast on 09:17 - Sep 22 with 1944 viewsEsox_Lucius

In my mind, Gallen and Ian remind me a lot of some of the fans we have, they fell in love with QPR many years ago and can't cope with the current team not being the team they fell in love with so resort to undermining the current regime at every opportunity.
If todays team isn't one you can get behind because they are not the team you fell in love with, perhaps it's time to find a club that you CAN fall in love with and support as life is too short and unpredictable to waste your emotions on negativity and toxicity.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024