Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jam tomorrow? - Preview 22:29 - Oct 6 with 2757 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/61030
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 22:34 - Oct 6 with 2716 viewscolinallcars

Thanks Clive - I was about to go up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire but this preview will detain me !
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 00:16 - Oct 7 with 2480 viewsWD99

As an American, I have always been fascinated by the churn and burn through managers in English football. Obviously the threat of relegation raises the stakes substantially and I understand the pressure to make changes, but I do think the inability to build continuity sometimes causes more harm than just sticking with the manager a bit longer…

With that said, as Clive’s writing points out, even those that want to give GA a longer leash appear at the end of their rope. If the Warnock relationship with the board isn’t totally shot from his last stint, I say appoint him for the rest of the season, get the DoF position filled, and enter the summer with a new manager and vision. Presumably we have a bit more money to work with once we clear the final Warbs season from FFP calculation?
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 07:41 - Oct 7 with 2196 viewsdistortR

I'm sorry, but there's too much nonsense going on, on the pitch at the moment.
The long throw tactic, when you haven't got players who can throw the ball a long way, is, quite frankly, utterly moronic.
The 'tactics', if you will, were too basic on Wednesday night.
We need to find a way to keep the ball from set pieces - throw in's, free kicks, corners, and from the goalkeeper releasing it. Begovic generally hands the ball straight to the opposition, this has gone on long enough. This needs to be sorted out on the training ground, but it does appear that GA puts more emphasis on winning the ball back then on retaining possession. But, from opposition set pieces, too often we don't win 'first ball'.
The talking the club down, I really dislike. We are in the same division as Leeds on merit.
I also feel that the deficiencies in the first team, for this division, are over-stated. That team put out on Wednesday was capable of so much more than it delivered. Today, if Colback etc are out, not so much. Which is one reason it has been so disappointing to see us dropping so many points when we have had near enough our first eleven out.
Oh, and I was astounded when Dykes went in goal for the last few minutes for a game we were, kind of, chasing.
Too much that is going on on the pitch looks like a lack of forethought.
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 08:16 - Oct 7 with 2133 viewsQPROslo

Warburton is the "Jam" I guess. We seem to be sadly lacking the tactical clarity he displays in that analysis clip of a previous win against Blackburn; his ability, again seemingly, to get the best out of Chair and Willock and from players with arguably no greater talent than we used at Leeds. I thought Dobson was our tactics guy now, nothing much on view currently whoever it is, and yes our dead ball stats are terrible for what GA and Dobson were supposed to be good at, with admittedly big lumps to hit at Wycombe.

I doubt we can afford to replace GA with Warburton now due the FFP situation, and our top brass probably won't want to admit to a mistake by bringing him back even if he has the slightest interest in rejoining us, but if it were on I'd take him back as Head Coach with no hesitation. Reckon he'd do a good job as DoF to come to that.
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 08:45 - Oct 7 with 2059 viewsGaryBannister86

Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 08:16 - Oct 7 by QPROslo

Warburton is the "Jam" I guess. We seem to be sadly lacking the tactical clarity he displays in that analysis clip of a previous win against Blackburn; his ability, again seemingly, to get the best out of Chair and Willock and from players with arguably no greater talent than we used at Leeds. I thought Dobson was our tactics guy now, nothing much on view currently whoever it is, and yes our dead ball stats are terrible for what GA and Dobson were supposed to be good at, with admittedly big lumps to hit at Wycombe.

I doubt we can afford to replace GA with Warburton now due the FFP situation, and our top brass probably won't want to admit to a mistake by bringing him back even if he has the slightest interest in rejoining us, but if it were on I'd take him back as Head Coach with no hesitation. Reckon he'd do a good job as DoF to come to that.

I wish Warbs is our jam tomorrow. I know he wasn't flawless, but he always had a plan. I am fed up with everything that Clive talks about in this excellent piece. What is the point in Ainsworth as manager if we can't even do aggression and bombast properly?

Nice guy, fond memories as a player, but regardless of today I want to see him gone. I am never a fan of changing the manager, and wouldn't even have sacked Critchley, but there is now a building up of evidence against GA that not only does he have no idea how to get out of this, it is going to be one awful watch anyway.

I actually think Warbs will struggle at first, but at least we might see some football. See good players like Chair, Willock and Dykes playing to their strengths.

At the end of most regimes there is a moment of disastrous clarity. I think putting Dykes in goal with minutes to go at 1-0 down was it. Rank stupidity.

The thought that bridges may be burnt with Warbs, perhaps. But there is an excellent, proven coach out there and I would much rather we got him than Warnock.

The board is easily swayed by the fans. Easily, and long been proven. A bit of discontent and "Warburton's blue and white army" and the wheels will be greased, I say.

It's another board error. I said it at the time, if GA keeps us up last season, shake his hand and say thanks for a great job. Legend status assured, now go back to League One and build another Crazy Gang somewhere else.

Bored of it.
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 09:15 - Oct 7 with 1988 viewsstevec

As I said before, we should have gone down last season.

That wouldn’t have been pretty either but it would have flushed out these owners once and for all. Free of FFP restrictions which they are able to hide behind, we’d have all finally found out whether they are true to their words that they’d love to spend some money if only they could.

Having run out of track after 10 years or more of floating the idea of a new stadium they’ve finally dropped that one and are now spinning us on the idea of a redevelopment of LR. I’m still amused that anyone believes a word they say.

We’ve gone from blind anger that Arsenal away was called a bonus game to a stupefying acceptance that every single home game is now a bonus game.

It’s a mess but getting rid of GA doesn’t change the underlying problem.
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 09:35 - Oct 7 with 1904 viewsDeanoMD

Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 09:15 - Oct 7 by stevec

As I said before, we should have gone down last season.

That wouldn’t have been pretty either but it would have flushed out these owners once and for all. Free of FFP restrictions which they are able to hide behind, we’d have all finally found out whether they are true to their words that they’d love to spend some money if only they could.

Having run out of track after 10 years or more of floating the idea of a new stadium they’ve finally dropped that one and are now spinning us on the idea of a redevelopment of LR. I’m still amused that anyone believes a word they say.

We’ve gone from blind anger that Arsenal away was called a bonus game to a stupefying acceptance that every single home game is now a bonus game.

It’s a mess but getting rid of GA doesn’t change the underlying problem.

Spot on....
Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 09:57 - Oct 7 with 1831 viewsNorthantsHoop

Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 08:45 - Oct 7 by GaryBannister86

I wish Warbs is our jam tomorrow. I know he wasn't flawless, but he always had a plan. I am fed up with everything that Clive talks about in this excellent piece. What is the point in Ainsworth as manager if we can't even do aggression and bombast properly?

Nice guy, fond memories as a player, but regardless of today I want to see him gone. I am never a fan of changing the manager, and wouldn't even have sacked Critchley, but there is now a building up of evidence against GA that not only does he have no idea how to get out of this, it is going to be one awful watch anyway.

I actually think Warbs will struggle at first, but at least we might see some football. See good players like Chair, Willock and Dykes playing to their strengths.

At the end of most regimes there is a moment of disastrous clarity. I think putting Dykes in goal with minutes to go at 1-0 down was it. Rank stupidity.

The thought that bridges may be burnt with Warbs, perhaps. But there is an excellent, proven coach out there and I would much rather we got him than Warnock.

The board is easily swayed by the fans. Easily, and long been proven. A bit of discontent and "Warburton's blue and white army" and the wheels will be greased, I say.

It's another board error. I said it at the time, if GA keeps us up last season, shake his hand and say thanks for a great job. Legend status assured, now go back to League One and build another Crazy Gang somewhere else.

Bored of it.

The letting go of Warburton and Eustace in my opinion has led to all this chaos, and to me it does seem chaotic both on and off the field again. But I think the worst aspect is the visible apathy amongst some of the players. I do wonder whether they actually see Ainsworth as a bit of a joke character and can't quite believe what they are witnessing from the touchline, but that is just my assumption. Another thing I find galling is his continual reference to the boys, if I was a professional top level player and be referred to as a boy rather smacks of an academy or school team out there and some of what is happening i.e. foul throws, naff passing and sulking rather smacks of this. It is so sad to see footballing standards slip so low that even the oppo fans are calling it out. Where do we go from here, who knows but League 1 would be a disaster for QPR not sure we would get out of there for many years.
Login to get fewer ads

Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 12:02 - Oct 7 with 1537 viewsEastR

Quite from MW in that clip:

We're a poor team when our number 9 is isolated up too with no one in support within 10 or 15 yds

Sums it up

We've been ground down to accepting below mediocracy as our current standard. Those home stats are appalling, we deserve better than that.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Jam tomorrow? - Preview on 13:58 - Oct 7 with 1329 viewsQPRConor2000

I think today feels like one of them games where if we lose, then GA will have to be moved on.

A loss today would mean 1 win in 21 games, and that would break all sorts of unwanted records.

Its a must win game today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024