Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bottle jobs! 14:24 - Nov 21 with 4961 viewsRangersDave

Typically in my venture to avoid any of the world cup thingy, my milkman (yup i still have one) tells me that England have bottled wearing an armband thingy for fear of what he thinks is the threat of a red card.

Well, boo hoo hoo....... fcuk em, go out and all wear an armband, then the manager, trainers, staff all there, wearing it and being proud too! What are fifa going to do? fine us? feck em! ban us? feck em!

The stand needed all players minimum to wear it, to show a stance, a message. But no, we didnt'.

So yes, they are bottle jobs when they had a chance to give a great message that would travel worldwide, and be enduring, they dumbed down so as not to cause a problem

To all those involved in the team out there, i say you are spineless, overpaid thick fcuks, and you must never protest again about anything, as your 'value' as an ambassador for all that could be right and equal within sport and society is gone.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 15:15]

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bottle jobs! on 14:43 - Nov 21 with 2600 viewsRangersw12

Shut up you mug
Bottle jobs! on 14:50 - Nov 21 with 2577 viewsboysfromthebush

Absolute sausage
Bottle jobs! on 14:55 - Nov 21 with 2554 viewsHayesender

Bottle jobs! on 14:50 - Nov 21 by boysfromthebush

Absolute sausage

Do milkmen deliver sausages now?

Mmmm, I quite fancy a sausage sandwich

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Bottle jobs! on 15:13 - Nov 21 with 2516 viewsRangersDave

Well, this thread is off to a great start, lol

So far, i take it that your all happy at the stance we have taken, and nothing is wrong at all?

To be honest, i welcome another contrary opinion, so if you think its ok to 'rubber stamp' outmoded attitudes because its another country, one that oppresses certain parts of their society, one that arrests visitors that might have a difference sexual preference to yourself, etc then feel free to expound, i am truly interested in where i've gone wrong here.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 15:14]

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Bottle jobs! on 15:17 - Nov 21 with 2494 viewsRangersw12

Bottle jobs! on 15:13 - Nov 21 by RangersDave

Well, this thread is off to a great start, lol

So far, i take it that your all happy at the stance we have taken, and nothing is wrong at all?

To be honest, i welcome another contrary opinion, so if you think its ok to 'rubber stamp' outmoded attitudes because its another country, one that oppresses certain parts of their society, one that arrests visitors that might have a difference sexual preference to yourself, etc then feel free to expound, i am truly interested in where i've gone wrong here.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 15:14]

I'm just not gonna take anyone seriously calling out human rights etc when they have a picture of a women with her tits out in their avatar
Bottle jobs! on 15:32 - Nov 21 with 2452 viewsRangersDave

Does that model not have any 'rights' to how she poses, who she poses for, how she earns a very good wage, or where her photograph is portrayed if she approves? Hmmmmmmmmm

Bottle jobs! on 15:41 - Nov 21 with 2414 viewsRangers67

I make you dead right Rangersdave
Bottle jobs! on 15:44 - Nov 21 with 2397 viewsdaveB

Do you feel the same about Holland, Wales, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland who all agreed to do the same and were all like England forced by FIFA to not do it today
Login to get fewer ads

Bottle jobs! on 15:54 - Nov 21 with 2371 viewsRangers67

Bottle jobs! on 15:44 - Nov 21 by daveB

Do you feel the same about Holland, Wales, Belgium, Germany and Switzerland who all agreed to do the same and were all like England forced by FIFA to not do it today

Yep, but I wouldn,t have allowed the team to attend anyway so maybe a moot point
Bottle jobs! on 16:04 - Nov 21 with 2351 viewsRangersDave

Bottle jobs! on 15:54 - Nov 21 by Rangers67

Yep, but I wouldn,t have allowed the team to attend anyway so maybe a moot point

Same here mate.

Bottle jobs! on 16:06 - Nov 21 with 2347 viewsdaveB

Bottle jobs! on 15:54 - Nov 21 by Rangers67

Well yeah thats a different issue and several years too late for anyone to pull out

On the armband I think they should have been allowed to wear it but once FIFA started threatening suspensions for players there was nothing they could do especially when dropped on them so late. Anger should be at FIFA rather than the countires invovled. They are a disgrace
Bottle jobs! on 16:16 - Nov 21 with 2289 viewssilverbirch

Are you and your milkman currently wearing armbands?
Bottle jobs! on 16:19 - Nov 21 with 2272 viewsRangersw12

Bottle jobs! on 15:32 - Nov 21 by RangersDave

Does that model not have any 'rights' to how she poses, who she poses for, how she earns a very good wage, or where her photograph is portrayed if she approves? Hmmmmmmmmm

I don't remember you being this outraged when Russia held it in 2018

I wonder why that is....... 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
[Post edited 21 Nov 2022 16:28]
Bottle jobs! on 16:20 - Nov 21 with 2265 viewsRangers67

Bottle jobs! on 16:06 - Nov 21 by daveB

Well yeah thats a different issue and several years too late for anyone to pull out

On the armband I think they should have been allowed to wear it but once FIFA started threatening suspensions for players there was nothing they could do especially when dropped on them so late. Anger should be at FIFA rather than the countires invovled. They are a disgrace

I would respectfully argue it isn,t a different issue. The treatment of the migrant workers in that country has been an issue for many years plus the treatment of the LGBT community etc etc. No doubt FIFA is to blame for a lot of this and is corrupt . But I would have left it to the last possible moment when it would have been impossible for them to find a replacement team and pulled out. How,s that for a statement of support for minorities
Bottle jobs! on 16:37 - Nov 21 with 2209 viewsdaveB

Bottle jobs! on 16:20 - Nov 21 by Rangers67

I would respectfully argue it isn,t a different issue. The treatment of the migrant workers in that country has been an issue for many years plus the treatment of the LGBT community etc etc. No doubt FIFA is to blame for a lot of this and is corrupt . But I would have left it to the last possible moment when it would have been impossible for them to find a replacement team and pulled out. How,s that for a statement of support for minorities

it would have been far from impossible, they'd have just put Italy in or Ukraine or one of the many other countires who didn't qualify

The mad decsion to put this World Cup in Qatar was made when most of the players were school children, Jude Bellingham was 7 years old. Why should it be the players who have to made a stand? As a country we're happy for Qatar and other middle eastern countires to fund our banks, buisiness, govertnment etc but we suddenly want to make a stand because a football tournament is going on. Liverpool played out there in the world club cup the other year with no loud calls for them to pull out.

It's laughable that you have senior journalists in this country comedians and politicians all attacking footballers and pundits for going but have said f ck all about what happens out there until now and will say nothing about it again when this ends next month.
Bottle jobs! on 16:58 - Nov 21 with 2155 viewsRangers67

Bottle jobs! on 16:37 - Nov 21 by daveB

it would have been far from impossible, they'd have just put Italy in or Ukraine or one of the many other countires who didn't qualify

The mad decsion to put this World Cup in Qatar was made when most of the players were school children, Jude Bellingham was 7 years old. Why should it be the players who have to made a stand? As a country we're happy for Qatar and other middle eastern countires to fund our banks, buisiness, govertnment etc but we suddenly want to make a stand because a football tournament is going on. Liverpool played out there in the world club cup the other year with no loud calls for them to pull out.

It's laughable that you have senior journalists in this country comedians and politicians all attacking footballers and pundits for going but have said f ck all about what happens out there until now and will say nothing about it again when this ends next month.

Like I said I would have left it to the last possible moment to pull out leaving them with no option of getting another team in. If people like Jude Bellingham who I am sure is a nice guy want to see progress then this would be an ideal way to do it. Imagine the positive publicity generated by an action like this and it would shine an even brighter light on these horrendous regimes and FIFA I am only to aware of how the £ and $ rule the world and please don,t include me in being happy for the petro dollar to fund the banks ,businesses and government. Long gone are the days of sport being separate from politics I,m afraid
Bottle jobs! on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 2119 viewsdaveB

Bottle jobs! on 16:58 - Nov 21 by Rangers67

Like I said I would have left it to the last possible moment to pull out leaving them with no option of getting another team in. If people like Jude Bellingham who I am sure is a nice guy want to see progress then this would be an ideal way to do it. Imagine the positive publicity generated by an action like this and it would shine an even brighter light on these horrendous regimes and FIFA I am only to aware of how the £ and $ rule the world and please don,t include me in being happy for the petro dollar to fund the banks ,businesses and government. Long gone are the days of sport being separate from politics I,m afraid

Of course they could get another team in or just give the 3 points to the other teams. It would have made no difference whatsoever, the only people affected would have been the players missing out
Bottle jobs! on 09:48 - Nov 22 with 1795 viewsRangers67

Bottle jobs! on 17:13 - Nov 21 by daveB

Of course they could get another team in or just give the 3 points to the other teams. It would have made no difference whatsoever, the only people affected would have been the players missing out

Well let me explain, if England left it until 2 or 3 hours before kick off then got on their coach back to the airport and boarded a plane for home that in my view would send a powerful message to all the bung takers , sycophants and people who want to look the other way plus the countless greedy media people taking the tainted petro dollar whilst trying to justify their attendance by mouthing meaningless platitudes. What don,t you get about up to 6000 people mainly from the Asian sub continent dying during the construction phase of this ? Ask yourself this, how many people have died during the construction of HS2 in a similar period Thats leaving aside the bungs that have gone on and the LGBT issues. The gutlessness of the FA in not making a stand on the armbands and in not telling FIFA where to stick their world cup is astounding. True courage was shown by the Iranian team yesterday
Bottle jobs! on 10:05 - Nov 22 with 1765 viewsessextaxiboy

Bottle jobs! on 16:20 - Nov 21 by Rangers67

FIFA was corrupt ..it isnt now . They are just trying to make a fist of of the sh'tshow they were handed by Blatter and co .

The football associations sign contracts before the tournament regarding what logos players and staff can wear . I remember a fuss during a recent rugby world cup when players had unlicensed logos on their gum shields . Of course this is a worthy message but to allow it sets a precedent . If the USA team all love hunting can they wear an NRA armband or the Swiss "Dignitas" .

This WC has been 10 years in the pipe , The FA could have announced their wishes on the armband any time but didnt . Again ...its an important message but this last minute stuff is just virtue signalling IMO .
Bottle jobs! on 10:09 - Nov 22 with 1759 viewsRangersw12

Bottle jobs! on 10:05 - Nov 22 by essextaxiboy

FIFA was corrupt ..it isnt now . They are just trying to make a fist of of the sh'tshow they were handed by Blatter and co .

The football associations sign contracts before the tournament regarding what logos players and staff can wear . I remember a fuss during a recent rugby world cup when players had unlicensed logos on their gum shields . Of course this is a worthy message but to allow it sets a precedent . If the USA team all love hunting can they wear an NRA armband or the Swiss "Dignitas" .

This WC has been 10 years in the pipe , The FA could have announced their wishes on the armband any time but didnt . Again ...its an important message but this last minute stuff is just virtue signalling IMO .

Is there actually any evidence to suggest Fifa isn't corrupt now?
Bottle jobs! on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 1747 viewsRangers67

Bottle jobs! on 10:09 - Nov 22 by Rangersw12

No
Bottle jobs! on 10:21 - Nov 22 with 1744 viewsessextaxiboy

Bottle jobs! on 10:09 - Nov 22 by Rangersw12

What sort of evidence would convince you ?
Bottle jobs! on 10:27 - Nov 22 with 1725 viewsPunteR

Football shouldn't get involved with all the politics and making statements involving human rights etc. It should just stick to football IMHO.
Having said that if the players really felt strongly about making a statement and wearing an armband then it should have been agreed with the organisers of the competition beforehand. Or couldn't the players interviewed after the game just wear the band then?
I'm done with all the posterioring from football though tbh. Maybe that's not the right way to feel but thats where I am with it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bottle jobs! on 10:31 - Nov 22 with 1720 viewsRangersw12

Bottle jobs! on 10:21 - Nov 22 by essextaxiboy

What sort of evidence would convince you ?

Good question!

Maybe a independent investigation/report?

I just think with an organisation with so much money sloshing around it's impossible for there not to be corruption
[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 10:36]
Bottle jobs! on 10:34 - Nov 22 with 1711 viewsNorthernr

Bottle jobs! on 10:27 - Nov 22 by PunteR

Football shouldn't get involved with all the politics and making statements involving human rights etc. It should just stick to football IMHO.
Having said that if the players really felt strongly about making a statement and wearing an armband then it should have been agreed with the organisers of the competition beforehand. Or couldn't the players interviewed after the game just wear the band then?
I'm done with all the posterioring from football though tbh. Maybe that's not the right way to feel but thats where I am with it.

I get a bit tired of football and its gestures over action as well but the eight teams that decided to wear these armbands said they were going to two months ago I believe, Fifa decided to tell them on the day of the game they'd be booked for doing so. Same as Fifa deflected negative pre-tournament press by saying of course you'll be able to wear what you like to a game, and then people had t-shirts and hats taken off them yesterday under threat of not being allowed into the game. Same as organisers said of course there'll be beer in the stadium, and then withdrew it (unless you pay £20k for a box of course) two days before the first game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024