Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
World Cup yawn 14:57 - Nov 20 with 2450 viewsconnell10

I'm personally not interested in it, so many things wrong with it... First time I've ever felt like this!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

World Cup yawn on 15:08 - Nov 20 with 2413 viewsqpr_1968

totally agree con.

yet Lineker has just kicked off bbc 1 and gave an opening speech about the human rights surrounding quatar, yet instead of boycotting being involved with it, because thats what he's doing, should have said , you know what, not for me.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

World Cup yawn on 15:57 - Nov 20 with 2316 viewsbosh67

I will watch the match tomorrow. Really don't care about the tournament though.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

World Cup yawn on 16:50 - Nov 20 with 2268 viewsBushRanger82

Yep, following hot on the heels of the shittest pandemic in history, and currently the shittest war in history, comes what will no doubt be, the shittest world cup in history.
World Cup yawn on 17:13 - Nov 20 with 2239 viewsRangersw12

Yay let's have another thread about people boycotting it 😴

We get it you're morally superior, your Blue Peter badge is in the post 👏👏
World Cup yawn on 17:40 - Nov 20 with 2173 viewsBucksRanger

Watching the game now. Qatar playing in the current laid back QPR style and they've just brought on their equivalent of Sinclair Armstrong - Mohammed Muntari.
World Cup yawn on 17:45 - Nov 20 with 2154 viewsToast_R

World Cup yawn on 17:40 - Nov 20 by BucksRanger

Watching the game now. Qatar playing in the current laid back QPR style and they've just brought on their equivalent of Sinclair Armstrong - Mohammed Muntari.

I reckon even bent officials will struggle to get this lot through. Qatar have been shit..
World Cup yawn on 18:24 - Nov 20 with 2087 viewsdaveB

I've lost count of the number of posts of people not interested in the world cup but still talking about it. I get all the problems with them hosting it similar to the country that hosted it 4 years ago but football wise I regularly watch mid table dire championship football so a chance to watch the best in the world up against each other is always exciting.

Looking forward to the games tomorrow, England in action and hopefully off to a good start, Holland v Senegal should be a good one and Wales v USA should be a good game
World Cup yawn on 08:29 - Nov 21 with 1899 viewsconnell10

World Cup yawn on 18:24 - Nov 20 by daveB

I've lost count of the number of posts of people not interested in the world cup but still talking about it. I get all the problems with them hosting it similar to the country that hosted it 4 years ago but football wise I regularly watch mid table dire championship football so a chance to watch the best in the world up against each other is always exciting.

Looking forward to the games tomorrow, England in action and hopefully off to a good start, Holland v Senegal should be a good one and Wales v USA should be a good game

Im just stating how i feel, maybe i will get into as it goes along but at the moment i really do feel numb towards it ...first time ever!

Login to get fewer ads

World Cup yawn on 09:28 - Nov 21 with 1813 viewsbosh67

World Cup yawn on 08:29 - Nov 21 by connell10

Im just stating how i feel, maybe i will get into as it goes along but at the moment i really do feel numb towards it ...first time ever!

I agree Connell but everyone to their own I guess.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

World Cup yawn on 09:58 - Nov 21 with 1749 viewsfrancisbowles

I agree as well Connell.

I shall just watch the highlights, even when England are playing, until the knock out stages.
World Cup yawn on 10:08 - Nov 21 with 1725 viewsdaveB

It's not meant as a dig mate I just find it amusing how many people are saying they won't watch somethig but still talk about it. I completly get why many are not feeling it and don't blame you and others for it.

Ultimatley it's just very sad that fans are being made to feel like this over a tournament that should bring people together
World Cup yawn on 18:16 - Nov 21 with 1594 viewsDTIG

World Cup yawn on 16:50 - Nov 20 by BushRanger82

Yep, following hot on the heels of the shittest pandemic in history, and currently the shittest war in history, comes what will no doubt be, the shittest world cup in history.

Er....I might give you the world cup but....Spanish Flu 50,000,000 deaths (more than covid) and WW2....40-50,000,000 deaths....few more than the Ukraine war.

Just saying :-)
World Cup yawn on 08:10 - Nov 22 with 1451 viewstraininvain

World Cup yawn on 10:08 - Nov 21 by daveB

It's not meant as a dig mate I just find it amusing how many people are saying they won't watch somethig but still talk about it. I completly get why many are not feeling it and don't blame you and others for it.

Ultimatley it's just very sad that fans are being made to feel like this over a tournament that should bring people together

And that’s why this tournament will forever have an asterisk next to it. It’s divided people and even those watching (like me) know it isn’t right what’s going on in Qatar. Sod’s law that England will go on to win the tournament!

People were told for the past 10 years that everyone would be welcome to attend the Qatar World Cup. But what a surprise that any fans with rainbow hats, t shirts etc were refused entry yesterday.

Fair play to the Iran team for having the balls to stage a meaningful protest by not singing their national anthem. Risking their lives in the process. Quite an incredible statement.

I love this England team and I’ll continue to support them but how can they lecture anyone on inclusivity when they didn’t even have the bottle to take a yellow card by wearing the rainbow armband (ditto other European sides).
World Cup yawn on 08:14 - Nov 22 with 1445 viewsconnell10

World Cup yawn on 08:10 - Nov 22 by traininvain

And that’s why this tournament will forever have an asterisk next to it. It’s divided people and even those watching (like me) know it isn’t right what’s going on in Qatar. Sod’s law that England will go on to win the tournament!

People were told for the past 10 years that everyone would be welcome to attend the Qatar World Cup. But what a surprise that any fans with rainbow hats, t shirts etc were refused entry yesterday.

Fair play to the Iran team for having the balls to stage a meaningful protest by not singing their national anthem. Risking their lives in the process. Quite an incredible statement.

I love this England team and I’ll continue to support them but how can they lecture anyone on inclusivity when they didn’t even have the bottle to take a yellow card by wearing the rainbow armband (ditto other European sides).

Agree , what Iran team did took some bolllox!

World Cup yawn on 12:31 - Nov 22 with 1338 viewsfrancisbowles

World Cup yawn on 08:10 - Nov 22 by traininvain

Just as well Bale didn't wear the rainbow armband. He'd have been off for his brilliant tackle.
World Cup yawn on 12:41 - Nov 22 with 1300 viewsngbqpr

World Cup yawn on 17:13 - Nov 20 by Rangersw12

Yay let's have another thread about people boycotting it 😴

We get it you're morally superior, your Blue Peter badge is in the post 👏👏

Bit uncalled for

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

World Cup yawn on 13:06 - Nov 22 with 1267 viewsCLAREMAN1995

World Cup yawn on 09:28 - Nov 21 by bosh67

I agree Connell but everyone to their own I guess.

Apart from the disgusting human rights issues and all the proven financial fraud the game times just do not work over here in the US
Today Messi and Co were playing at 4am, there is a game right now at 7am (Denmark V Tunisia ) and a game later at 1pm meaning I will miss every game live until Saturday / Sunday.
Of course there is full replays etc but watching live is what its all about.
World Cup yawn on 15:23 - Nov 22 with 1166 viewsterryb

World Cup yawn on 13:06 - Nov 22 by CLAREMAN1995

Apart from the disgusting human rights issues and all the proven financial fraud the game times just do not work over here in the US
Today Messi and Co were playing at 4am, there is a game right now at 7am (Denmark V Tunisia ) and a game later at 1pm meaning I will miss every game live until Saturday / Sunday.
Of course there is full replays etc but watching live is what its all about.

And in four years time the kick off times won't work for most of the world!

*Edited as I thought that the second paragraph was an over rection!
[Post edited 22 Nov 2022 16:50]
World Cup yawn on 16:06 - Nov 22 with 1120 viewsRangersw12

World Cup yawn on 12:41 - Nov 22 by ngbqpr

Bit uncalled for

I didn't really think another thread on this subject was called for as in last few weeks as we already had massive thread about it
World Cup yawn on 10:47 - Nov 23 with 972 viewsSheffieldHoop

World Cup yawn on 16:06 - Nov 22 by Rangersw12

I didn't really think another thread on this subject was called for as in last few weeks as we already had massive thread about it

When it's all finished, I'm going to write a book summarising these threads. I'm going to call it "Qatarphobia: Understanding Anti-Qatar Sentiment in the West"

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

World Cup yawn on 11:55 - Nov 23 with 910 viewsngbqpr

World Cup yawn on 16:06 - Nov 22 by Rangersw12

That's your first line.

It's your second that seems uncalled for.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024