Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sean Derry . 17:35 - Jan 19 with 1575 viewsPommyhoop

Wasnt very good. Go on have another look.We really could do with Mvia whatever his name is or even our own Ale .The typed word cannot describe how much we missed Faurlin today

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sean Derry . on 17:39 - Jan 19 with 1330 viewsTHEBUSH

Although didn't give the ball away in a dangerous situation, which Ale is more likely to do.
But agree Derry is just a stop gap, we must get younger version of him, quickly.
Sean Derry . on 17:42 - Jan 19 with 1302 viewsdanehoop

Sean Derry . on 17:39 - Jan 19 by THEBUSH

Although didn't give the ball away in a dangerous situation, which Ale is more likely to do.
But agree Derry is just a stop gap, we must get younger version of him, quickly.

or, and here is a radical thought, he is a bit tired having played so much recently.

Never knowingly understood

Sean Derry . on 17:42 - Jan 19 with 1300 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Ffs pommey he isn't in the side to look good or do anything special . He is there to clean up battle get the loose balls and feed simple passes to the more gifted players. I am sorry but Fraulin isn't as good as Derry in doing this. It wasn't one of his better games to be fair but he was still valuable to the team battling to gain a worthy point and we havnt lost since he has been a first choice player I rest my case.
Sean Derry . on 17:44 - Jan 19 with 1285 viewsNov77

He gave the ball away a lot, but he's there to win tackles and break up play, didnt see him do that at all today. Thought this was the sort of game that was made for him, very poor.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Sean Derry . on 17:45 - Jan 19 with 1270 viewsBklynRanger

SD is the man in a 4-1-4-1 set-up, as the one; but in today's formation I do think it invites pressure onto us.

He deals very well with that pressure but we really need two big young physical midfielders who can boss things.

Which means the move for M'Villa makes sense to me but yes, I'd love to see Ale get a chance at it.
Sean Derry . on 17:51 - Jan 19 with 1242 viewsPhilmyRs

Sean Derry . on 17:45 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

SD is the man in a 4-1-4-1 set-up, as the one; but in today's formation I do think it invites pressure onto us.

He deals very well with that pressure but we really need two big young physical midfielders who can boss things.

Which means the move for M'Villa makes sense to me but yes, I'd love to see Ale get a chance at it.

Agree. Derry is fine in the right formation. Leave him with not many in close proximity like today and I worry. Point gained in my opinion.
Sean Derry . on 17:55 - Jan 19 with 1220 viewsPommyhoop

Sean Derry . on 17:45 - Jan 19 by BklynRanger

This ^^
Ale is the best tackler in history ( apperently, look at the stats) And we all know he can pass a ball.Come on H ,if you dont like him ,coach him ,motivate him..
I love Derry but he's not going to manage these relegation battles v West Ham, Reading and Norwich(YES NORWICH HA HA !!

Sean Derry . on 17:58 - Jan 19 with 1182 viewswaveydave

Sean Derry . on 17:39 - Jan 19 by THEBUSH

is such a thing even possible? His attributes are his experience, character and work-ethic

you won't find a 20-25yo with his experience and I doubt any have the same character or work-ethic as today the game is so different to what Derry experienced in his younger years
Login to get fewer ads

Sean Derry . on 17:59 - Jan 19 with 1176 viewsHollowayRanger

diakite was surpossed to be the main enforcer in midfield

faurlin has been a shadow of his former self

derry never gives less than 100% granted he is limited

granero hasnt the fight in him

mbia has been vital but if he takes over from nelsen then thats another bloody great hole in midfield that needs filling

mvia has if rumours true choice of staying where he is or going to russia maybe everton or spurs or us where would you rank us in his his of choices

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Sean Derry . on 18:00 - Jan 19 with 1168 viewsCambsHoop

Derry was shocking today. Gave the ball away way too many times. Need midfield players like him to hold the ball to give defence some rest from constant pressure.

Also crazy header across own six yard box leading to mad scramble which we were lucky to survive. Played Cole onside for equaliser (though may have been others, I've only seen it the once).
Sean Derry . on 18:04 - Jan 19 with 1151 viewsPommyhoop

Sean Derry . on 18:00 - Jan 19 by CambsHoop

Derry was shocking today. Gave the ball away way too many times. Need midfield players like him to hold the ball to give defence some rest from constant pressure.

Also crazy header across own six yard box leading to mad scramble which we were lucky to survive. Played Cole onside for equaliser (though may have been others, I've only seen it the once).

Thank you . I thought I was losing it for a second.
He was sheidt eh.?

Sean Derry . on 20:47 - Jan 19 with 1010 viewswestolian

An ageing water carrier

You'll get some good and some bad games

It's not his fault !

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Sean Derry . on 21:00 - Jan 19 with 958 viewsAntti_Heinola

First of all, it's SHAUN. SHAUN. If you're going to have a pop at least have the courtesy to be able to spell his name correctly, he's only played for us for nearly 3 years FFS.
Second of all, is it just me, or is everything either great or terrible on here? There's so rarely any middle ground. I think just about every member of the team in the last three weeks has either been described as 'immense' or 'amazing' or 'useless' or 'waste of time'. Is it just possible that some players have average games or plays better one week than he does the next? HollowayRanger is the king of this, able to judge the entire career of a player on about 20 minutes football. Loved his Cisse = Remy, M'Vila = Diakite comment on another thread, which was hilarious in breathtaking stupidity.

Bare bones.

Sean Derry . on 21:40 - Jan 19 with 878 viewsYorkRanger

Sean Derry . on 21:00 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

First of all, it's SHAUN. SHAUN. If you're going to have a pop at least have the courtesy to be able to spell his name correctly, he's only played for us for nearly 3 years FFS.
Second of all, is it just me, or is everything either great or terrible on here? There's so rarely any middle ground. I think just about every member of the team in the last three weeks has either been described as 'immense' or 'amazing' or 'useless' or 'waste of time'. Is it just possible that some players have average games or plays better one week than he does the next? HollowayRanger is the king of this, able to judge the entire career of a player on about 20 minutes football. Loved his Cisse = Remy, M'Vila = Diakite comment on another thread, which was hilarious in breathtaking stupidity.

Agreed - 2 weeks ago after Chelsea, people wanted a statue of Derry in South Africa Rd.

He does what he does and it matters to him.
Sean Derry . on 21:48 - Jan 19 with 851 viewsHollowayRanger

Sean Derry . on 21:00 - Jan 19 by Antti_Heinola

i was agreeing with you till i got half way down your post!

not slagging remy off he's class and earned us a point today ,i just dont think he's the answer as that 2nd half was about as 1 sided as ive seen

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Sean Derry . on 21:50 - Jan 19 with 846 views100percent

I thought the midfield looked tired in general today - Mbia was no better than Derry. we sat too deep in the 2nd half and happily because we have become more rugged and resilient, we kept it down to a single goal. 3 games in a week is tough but we are heading in the right direction. Derry does the simple things very well - don't write him off yet........
Sean Derry . on 22:00 - Jan 19 with 821 viewssevenhoop

Sean Derry . on 17:55 - Jan 19 by Pommyhoop

This ^^
Ale is the best tackler in history ( apperently, look at the stats) And we all know he can pass a ball.Come on H ,if you dont like him ,coach him ,motivate him..
I love Derry but he's not going to manage these relegation battles v West Ham, Reading and Norwich(YES NORWICH HA HA !!

Totally agree, I cannot understand how Faurlin is not the first name on the midfield team sheet, drives me mad to have that talent not used in the state we are in. By the way, Cesar, hill and Nelson great again today.
Sean Derry . on 23:53 - Jan 19 with 714 viewsbaz_qpr

Neither Derry nor Faurlin are comfortable in a 2 man central midfield, both are very effective in a 3. Ale got totally dominated by Wet Spam in the home leg and whilst he had a superb performance against Fulham, he has been poor in a number of games under Harry.

Ive thought we were down since october and I still think we are, unless we come up with three players (a 9, a box to box CM, and a CB) who all hit the ground running.
Sean Derry . on 01:12 - Jan 20 with 659 viewsINFIRMARY

Sean Derry . on 23:53 - Jan 19 by baz_qpr

Neither Derry nor Faurlin are comfortable in a 2 man central midfield, both are very effective in a 3. Ale got totally dominated by Wet Spam in the home leg and whilst he had a superb performance against Fulham, he has been poor in a number of games under Harry.

Ive thought we were down since october and I still think we are, unless we come up with three players (a 9, a box to box CM, and a CB) who all hit the ground running.

Playing West Spam is like playing back in time , Shriek loves just to long ball it in all the time , Ok I understand this is a fair tactic, however we are not playing any other teams this season with such old fashion methods , Derry did his job if not a little under par but we got a point lets support the collective not just pick out individuals for criticism !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Sean Derry . on 04:11 - Jan 20 with 620 viewsDubaiR

This thread is a wind up right? Derry last 3/4 weeks has been superb. It was only last week people were raving about him and newspaper articles about how effective he is.

If you look back since we have been in the premier league Derry does tend to struggle 4/5 games in as he hasn't got the legs for it.

Let's not write him off, what it mean's is 3/4 games then given a rest. He has a valuable role to play in this squad but shouldn't be over used.
Sean Derry . on 07:07 - Jan 20 with 577 viewswestberksr

Sean Derry . on 04:11 - Jan 20 by DubaiR

This thread is a wind up right? Derry last 3/4 weeks has been superb. It was only last week people were raving about him and newspaper articles about how effective he is.

If you look back since we have been in the premier league Derry does tend to struggle 4/5 games in as he hasn't got the legs for it.

Let's not write him off, what it mean's is 3/4 games then given a rest. He has a valuable role to play in this squad but shouldn't be over used.

much fairer assesment.

he's been great over the last few weeks and deserves some slack.

why are we so quick to slag off the established older players who've given everything?

after Liverpool it was Hill who was finished and today it Derry, ffs.

out of the players we have on the books he's one of the most consistent and reliable. If and when we sign some superstar to replace him then Shaun knows he'll step aside, but there've been afew already and he's still the one getting picked.
Sean Derry . on 08:24 - Jan 20 with 536 viewsCharlie1

Sean Derry . on 17:44 - Jan 19 by Nov77

He gave the ball away a lot, but he's there to win tackles and break up play, didnt see him do that at all today. Thought this was the sort of game that was made for him, very poor.

Obviously not at the game. Countless times I yelled we'll done Shaun. He did his job. At certain times yesterday they all gave away the ball but they never hid.

2:59 baby!

Sean Derry . on 08:39 - Jan 20 with 513 viewsQPR1882

Was very deep when WHU scored and was playing Cole on side.
Sean Derry . on 08:41 - Jan 20 with 511 viewsjonno

Sean Derry . on 04:11 - Jan 20 by DubaiR

Is the correct answer. Derry simply can't manage three games in a week, which is why we need a younger, stronger, faster player who can do what he does, leaving Derry as backup. That will not only improve the side but gives us some contingency. It's not rocket science.
Sean Derry . on 09:20 - Jan 20 with 476 viewsCheshireR

Shaun Derry my lord, Shaun Derry.
Shaun Derry my lord, Shaun Derry
Shaun Derry my lord, Shaun Derry
Oh lord Shaun Derry.

He will get my support every time.
The key is to use him wisely.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024