Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 73119 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:07 - Feb 19 with 1590 viewsgibs0n

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:03 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Getting a signature and putting a seal on a contract doesn't take a lot of expertise. It is the initial and intermediate stages that take the most work. Who finalized the contracts is rather irrelevant. I doubt that Jenkins has much expertise in the Spanish market anyhow. How many players had they signed from Spain before the arrival of Laudrup? Rangel was reportedly discovered by Martinez, so Jenkins can't take a lot of credit there, especially as it's probably not a difficult proposition to sign a player from a lower league, especially with a Spanish manager.

Dibaba, I gave up, and I suggest you do as well - unless you think its fun to argue with the tossers :D

They can not see board did anything wrong in the ML case. They can not see that ML was sacked for other reasons than results. To them ML is greedy and ignorant :-)

Move on, lets focus on the next match!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:09 - Feb 19 with 1584 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:07 - Feb 19 by gibs0n

Dibaba, I gave up, and I suggest you do as well - unless you think its fun to argue with the tossers :D

They can not see board did anything wrong in the ML case. They can not see that ML was sacked for other reasons than results. To them ML is greedy and ignorant :-)

Bull. Pure bull. Still, if it makes you sleep better at night under your Laudrup duvet cover.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:14 - Feb 19 with 1566 viewsUxbridge

Must admit I've found this thread a bit of an eye-opener. Imagine supporting a manager rather than a particular football club. Very weird. Imagine supporting a new team just because their favourite manager works there. I could never do that.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:15]

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:15 - Feb 19 with 1560 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:45 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

There's lots of questions that need to be asked of the board in general. No doubt about that.

Not on this subject though. Anyone who thinks Huw Jenkins would risk that kind of cash at this stage of the season just for personal reasons and not because he felt he didn't have any choice clearly doesn't understand how he and our club work.

When even Jonathan de Guzman. perhaps the player (Michu aside) who most personifies the Laudrup era publically admits that a change was needed you'd think some people would take a f*cking hint.

Right on the button!

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:16 - Feb 19 with 1560 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:51 - Feb 19 by ItchySphincter

Don't think the board have done much wrong tbh. There aspects of marketing and PR that could be improved but the fact remains that people like to moan.

Grown men are butthurt now because the club has dropped their idol, in the same way they broke down when Martinez and Rodgers jilted us for something more attractive.

Pathetic.

Agreed.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:17 - Feb 19 with 1557 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:14 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Must admit I've found this thread a bit of an eye-opener. Imagine supporting a manager rather than a particular football club. Very weird. Imagine supporting a new team just because their favourite manager works there. I could never do that.

Spot on.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:18 - Feb 19 with 1552 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:07 - Feb 19 by gibs0n

You can't focus on the next match because Laudrup hasn't got a club yet.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:20 - Feb 19 with 1549 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:15 - Feb 19 by Davillin

Right on the button!

Maybe, but the two issues are separate for me. Whether the club handled the actual sacking well is one issue (and I'm sure lessons need to be learned, which is only to be expected), but it shouldn't detract from the fact that Laudrup really isn't in a position to argue with the sacking if you look at the results since Wembley, the obvious splits in the camp, the coasting through to the end of season/tenure and the poor performance of his support staff.

The Laudrup fans seem to be saying there's no justification for his departure. And that's just bonkers.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:24 - Feb 19 with 1536 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 07:55 - Feb 19 by blaine_scfc

Changes were needed, no doubt about that Doc as I keep on repeating. I have no ill feeling towards Laudrup at all and wish him all the best in the future, but I am actually glad he has come out and and told his side of the story.

I actually believe what he has said about he gave the board a list of players who said they had wanted to come and play for us, but none showed. I have had the feeling for a long time that the board are taking control of the player recruitment and it doesn't bode well with me in the slightest, IF is true then Huw can f*ck off and so can the rest of the board in my opinion, I feel that strongly about it.

Regarding your second paragraph, there is a logical lapse there. If you believe that he gave the board a list of players, but none showed, why do you put the blame on the Board and your imagined "the board are taking control of the player recruitment"?

Someone posted earlier in this thread that a perfectly good explanation is that the board was unwilling to pay those players what they wanted. What's the expression, "champagne dreams on a beer budget"? Something like that.

Perhaps Laudrup's statement in his "press conference" explains it best:

"I moved these names on to the chairman because I don’t negotiate the contract. I make the contact and talk to players and agents and try to convince them, but the negotiation part is for the chairman or the board.

"But for one reason and another that I don’t know, none of these players came through." He didn't follow through and ask?

Or perhaps it's that old bugbear Tutu again.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:27 - Feb 19 with 1526 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 08:01 - Feb 19 by monmouth

This has been my view since the day he left. If everything was as ML would like to portray it he'd still be here wouldn't he. fact is, the board clearly thought we had a serious problem with him and he had to go now. Sorry to all the cry babies out there but our club would not spend an unnecessary penny never mind risk spunking all the rodgers cash unless they thought there was no other option...and immediately.

Al this other childish drivel is just noise, and playing it through the media is plainly pathetic. Take your ridiculous wedge and just f**k off man.

Even though the words are a bit hard, the sentiment is clear and worth saying.

Emerson's words were something like this: "cold water from a wooden bowl." Can't get much clearer.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:46 - Feb 19 with 1493 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:02 - Feb 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I just don't think it's the way to run a football club at the top level.

I actually agree, but then based on the performance of the prior signings by ML and his team (apart form Michu & Pablo) they couldn't do much worse could they.
The club obviously needs it's own dedicated team of Scouts and an "Agent" type person and not rely on the Whims of the current Manager alone.
The Board should not have to involve themselves in the nitty gritty details of the signings other than loosening the purse strings to pay for them.

I hasten to admit that I have no evidence for this, but I can put 2 and 2 together and get 4. Or at least 2? and 2? and get 4?

Assuming that the Board has taken a larger role in player acquisition, can that be tied to the "super agent" Tutumulu's many subtle and subterranean activities? They were so bad that Jenkins had to ban him from Swansea and environs. Rightfully, so, but a bit late, in my opinion.

That, combined with Laudrup's description of his recruiting actiivites [quoted above] might lead one to believe that he abdicated his duties not once but twice.

Again IF the Board has been involved in player acquisition under those circumstances, I can't blame him.

Second. You wrote, "The Board should not have to involve themselves in the nitty gritty details of the signings other than loosening the purse strings to pay for them." That is as indefensible a statement on the subject that I can imagine. The Board is legally-bound entity in contracts. To have left this to Tutu or even to Laudrup would be dereliction of duty.

The Board's legal duty is to the shareholders and to the Crown. Laudrup's legal duty is to the Club. Tutu's legal duty is to no-one, except possibly to Laudrup if they have an agency agreement, which has not been established.

It is the way to run a football club at ANY level, and it is the LEGAL way to do it.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:47 - Feb 19 with 1490 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:14 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Imagine supporting a greedy player who wants to have a hat-trick rather than having his team have the best chance of scoring a goal.

Imagine supporting that player over a manager who is interested in scoring the goal so much that he has the player most likely to score that goal take the shot.

Imagine a so-called fan dissing the manager who pulled that greedy player almost immediately after he saw his whole team trying to get said greedy player his hat-trick.

Apparently, you don't care about the purity of football, and you still think this argument is about support for Laudrup versus support for Swansea.

It's not. It's about doing things right and treating those who brought you unprecedented success with decency.

Part of decency is telling him the truth. He has yet to hear it, and that hurts him.

It would hurt you the same.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:49]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:49 - Feb 19 with 1483 viewsItchySphincter

Yup, and the sooner they f*ck off with their hero the better.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:51 - Feb 19 with 1477 viewsllangyfelach

Can't help reading half these posts with Our Tune's music in my head

[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:51]

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:53 - Feb 19 with 1472 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:47 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Imagine supporting a greedy player who wants to have a hat-trick rather than having his team have the best chance of scoring a goal.

Imagine supporting that player over a manager who is interested in scoring the goal so much that he has the player most likely to score that goal take the shot.

Imagine a so-called fan dissing the manager who pulled that greedy player almost immediately after he saw his whole team trying to get said greedy player his hat-trick.

Apparently, you don't care about the purity of football, and you still think this argument is about support for Laudrup versus support for Swansea.

It's not. It's about doing things right and treating those who brought you unprecedented success with decency.

Part of decency is telling him the truth. He has yet to hear it, and that hurts him.

Go away ......... PLEASE.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:57 - Feb 19 with 1460 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:09 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Bull. Pure bull. Still, if it makes you sleep better at night under your Laudrup duvet cover.

The results can't be an issue. That would make the board crazy in their expectations.

I do believe the team played uninspired for a while, and Laudrup has some of the responsibility for that.

When it comes to the transfers, clearly the board worked against Laudrup although they had said otherwise from the beginning.

Jenkins apparently followed the training, and for a long time nothing was wrong with the training, but when the results became bad, it was because of the training. In the beginning of the season I remember players saying it was the hardest training ever. It made sence to train hard before the season, and then train a little lighter during a packed program. Anyway the only thing that we hear is that the training was too light. Several players who has played under Laudrup have praised him. For instance Jegor Titov who played under Laudrup in Moscow has praised him for his motivation skills. Anyway JDG said something that indicates that everything was not okay in training. We have different opinions here, but JDG chose to be trained by Laudrup for a second time, so it seems a little strange to me.

To me it also seems the board panicked, because of bad results, and they sacked Laudrup, but they could not explain him why. Afterwards Jenkins felt bad with all the falls accusations towards Laudrup.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 17:04]

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:59 - Feb 19 with 1454 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:53 - Feb 19 by Darran

A lot of people would be pleased if You went away.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:59 - Feb 19 with 1452 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:53 - Feb 19 by Darran

I feel your pain.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:00 - Feb 19 with 1448 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:59 - Feb 19 by haremscarem

A lot of people would be pleased if You went away.

Who? Not many Swans fans I bet.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:02 - Feb 19 with 1443 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:00 - Feb 19 by ItchySphincter

Who? Not many Swans fans I bet.

He is a prick. Swans fan a not, that is pretty clear to me.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:05 - Feb 19 with 1437 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:47 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

He doesn't seem to be able to handle the truth:

Relegation form for a year
No motivation in the team
Complete lethargy over the club
Players couldn't care about him as shown by vastly increased energy and application since he was kicked out
Knob of an agent (and an agent represents his principal in law) that destroyed any trust with employers
Wish list of players that were out of our reach
Track record as long as your arm of always leaving like this

What is there else to tell him?

Oh no I forgot, you can't handle the truth either. Yes of course our board looks like it's been ham fisted in this, and I regret that, but the result would have been the same however it had been handled. Ever heard of substance over form? This pretence that he doesn't understand why seems transparently that, a PR pretence. According to you he's better than that. Well visibly, palpably and unfortunately, he is trying his best to show everyone that he is not. All rather squalid. Such a shame, as I thought he was better than this too.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 17:06]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:05 - Feb 19 with 1435 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:02 - Feb 19 by haremscarem

He is a prick. Swans fan a not, that is pretty clear to me.

F*ck off. Ta.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:06 - Feb 19 with 1431 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:44 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Gone where? Who came in for him?
What character assassination? The club have barely said a word, and in fact came out and distanced themselves from any media reports.

You're assuming Laudrup's word is gospel in this. Given that they spoke in person a few hours earlier, and we have at least one well placed person saying he never read his emails anyway, then he would seem to be bending the truth at least.

PS What on earth does his playing achievements have to do with this? You Danes can't seem to separate Laudrup the player to Laudrup the rather flawed manager.

For what it's worth, I don't think the club handled his departure very well, but you have to wonder about the ego of a former manager who takes the almost unique position of holding a press conference with very interesting timing before a major Swans match just to bitch and moan about the fact he, King Michael of Copenhagen, was sacked by this ungrateful small club. It might have had some relevance if he had said anything of note in the presser, but he refused to do so. It was all rather pathetic really.

Can't disagree with any of that.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:09 - Feb 19 with 1422 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:05 - Feb 19 by ItchySphincter

F*ck off. Ta.

You are using the same language as him. He does not respect differences in opinions, and he talks disrespectful to others. That is my problem with him, and that made me say he is a prick. He is saying such things all the time.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:10 - Feb 19 with 1416 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 12:51 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Which players were these? Had Laudrup agreed terms with these players? Had Laudrup arranged the fees between the clubs? Had Laudrup ensured that no other clubs were bidding for these?

Because if you don't have these details, then I'm going to have to call bullshit on this. I love the idea that Laudrup could just go to a player, ask him if he wants to sign, and that would be that. It'd be very interesting to hear whether these players were approached through Tutu and how much of a cut he was hoping to earn from this.

And there we have the crux. Was Laudrup operating in the interests of SCFC or in the interests of his agent and his reputation?

I'm almost ready to delete all posts in this thread but yours, Ux. You make perfect sense.

I'm determined to read this thread to the end. Someone once said that it is impossible for a man to have a toothache and not relentlessly poke at it with his tongue.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024