Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 73410 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:24 - Feb 19 with 2217 viewsLiberty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:43 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

Maybe if he hadn't insisted on a small squad which he then stuffed full of nonentities like Vasquez, Lamah and Tiendalli injuries would have been less of an issue...

Its a gamble having a smaller squad, but if you have an overall budget to work within, I would go for less players, better quality earning more, than lots more players-lower quality, earning less.

Cant have it both ways- big squad, on top earnings.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:26 - Feb 19 with 2214 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:23 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

I see you're finding enjoyment in that little fact too. How dare we sack the sainted Laudrup? It's making me giggle and I was one of his biggest defenders on here.

I'll continue to defend what he did here against the inevitable revisionism. He was good for us for the most part and we shouldn't lose sight of that. But this constant Scandinavian suckfest is starting to grip my sh*t a bit.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 19 with 2208 viewsJackSomething

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:24 - Feb 19 by Liberty

Its a gamble having a smaller squad, but if you have an overall budget to work within, I would go for less players, better quality earning more, than lots more players-lower quality, earning less.

But to the best of my knowledge, Laudrup never said he wanted a small squad due to the budget, he just said he liked working with a small squad.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:43 - Feb 19 with 2151 viewsswan65split

In the night garden has finished has it? can we raise the flag?? Come on you Swans !

Score against Napoli is in another thread, bit of luck he"ll be left talking to himself.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:26 - Feb 19 with 2080 viewsLiberty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:27 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

But to the best of my knowledge, Laudrup never said he wanted a small squad due to the budget, he just said he liked working with a small squad.

I thought every manager had an overall budget to work within.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:38 - Feb 19 with 2063 viewsJackSomething

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:26 - Feb 19 by Liberty

I thought every manager had an overall budget to work within.

Of course and he would have known what it was when he took the job.

My point is that he never gave budget as the reasoning for wanting a small squad, so you can't use that as an excuse.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:54 - Feb 19 with 2038 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:30 - Feb 19 by Darran

Dimibaba you're getting boring now Dude.

He disagreed with me about my concerns about Oscar Garcia - perhaps he is Tutumlu

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:56 - Feb 19 with 2033 viewswaynekerr55

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:38 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

My point is that he never gave budget as the reasoning for wanting a small squad, so you can't use that as an excuse.

Plus as the Doc Winston said, he filled it with sh*te like Vasquez and Schecter last year and allowed his incomptent pal to flog the players to death in pre season.

Reap what you sow.

PS - shame he didn't give as much effort as he did last year. He did well for us but as already mentioned this isn't the first time he's gone due to fall outs

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:01 - Feb 19 with 2013 viewsLiberty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 20:38 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

Do the maths, its simple. Surely haven't got to spell it out.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:07 - Feb 19 with 2004 viewsJackSomething

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:01 - Feb 19 by Liberty

Do the maths, its simple. Surely haven't got to spell it out.

Right, so now the Laudrup acolytes don't only believe everything word he says, you can read his mind?

Good grief.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:20 - Feb 19 with 1979 viewsDarran

The verdict.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-laudrups-last-

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:26 - Feb 19 with 1965 viewsswancity

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:24 - Feb 19 by Liberty

Nonentities?

Now now jobs, stop being silly. I know that Vasquez has been terrible but full internationals lamah and tiendalli have both been ok.

Why do you dislike Michael laudrup so much? Look at the signings like michu bony canas Flores Hernandez de Guzman. Our season last year was the best in our entire history. Laudrup can take a lot of the credit for it. Seriously, why the hatred. Did he ignore you in town or something.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 19 with 1959 viewsswanny

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:20 - Feb 19 by Darran

The verdict.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/michael-laudrups-last-

someone should have proof read that.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:40 - Feb 19 with 1945 viewsPozuelosSideys

Well done Chris. Managing to get the word "murk" into an article. Good job!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:43 - Feb 19 with 1931 viewsLiberty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:26 - Feb 19 by swancity

Nonentities?

Now now jobs, stop being silly. I know that Vasquez has been terrible but full internationals lamah and tiendalli have both been ok.

Why do you dislike Michael laudrup so much? Look at the signings like michu bony canas Flores Hernandez de Guzman. Our season last year was the best in our entire history. Laudrup can take a lot of the credit for it. Seriously, why the hatred. Did he ignore you in town or something.

Knob head, why ru quoting me ?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 19 with 1926 viewsswancity

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:43 - Feb 19 by Liberty

Knob head, why ru quoting me ?

Just in error knobhead, should have been Winston.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:53 - Feb 19 with 1897 viewsLiberty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 19 by swancity

Just in error knobhead, should have been Winston.

Ok then, have another go

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 22:17 - Feb 19 with 1861 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:23 - Feb 19 by JackSomething

I see you're finding enjoyment in that little fact too. How dare we sack the sainted Laudrup? It's making me giggle and I was one of his biggest defenders on here.

Are the danish people really the worst here? You walish people are writing just as much as us, if not more, but let's just forget about it now. A new game is coming...
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 22:17]

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 23:28 - Feb 19 with 1798 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 21:20 - Feb 19 by Darran

The verdict.

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 23:45 - Feb 19 with 1772 viewsGriffting

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 23:28 - Feb 19 by SwansNZ

And they all lived happily ever after.

THE END

... Until the sequel set many years later, where Laudrup returns in a half robotic state to take over the Swans, wiping out all the board members until he is finally defeated in a furious lightsaber battle by Garry Monk who turns out to be his son..
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 00:16 - Feb 20 with 1738 viewsEuropastime

I am Danish but only followed Laudrup while he was at Swansea. I thought he would do well. And he did thanks to Swansea and the premier league I think. He would have done better if he had listened to the board regarding changing the staff probably it was Monk they wanted to work with Laudrup so he could anytime and not later than next season take over from ML. I am pleased Swansea are doing ok now with Monk. They will stay in the PL. Laudrup may have been able to add value against Napoli because of his international experience and his name and he seems to like the cups so maybe also in the FA cup but not sure if he would have kept them in the PL which at the end of the day is more important. But maybe not for ML. He probably liked the idea of doing well in the FA cup and in Europe to promote himself for a big club next season in the PL or Spain. Now I think his reputation is damaged to much. Only following ML at Swansea did I realize how he depends and closely works with this agent Tutumlo who mainly cares about transactions making commissions. I fear for ML that his career as manager could easily pan out similar to that of Lothar Matheus the former German international who went from club to club and hardly ever stayed more than a year.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 00:18 - Feb 20 with 1734 viewsSpratty

Dibaba 1

Troglodyte torch burning mob 0

Such tenacity they were demanding for the thread to be closed what looosers locked in like moths to the flame demanding you stop but unable to themselves lol.

Your words but a whisper their deafness a shout.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 00:37 - Feb 20 with 1721 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:21 - Feb 19 by exiledclaseboy

What an unseemly kerfuffle. 23 pages on a pointless press conference at which Laudrup said nothing new and no one learned anything new. Pathetic.

Dear Michael, thank for the memories, you were good for us. Now you're not our manager any more so we simply don't care.

Dear Laudrup fans, you were only ever here while Laudrup was here and sometimes those of us that pointed out this obvious fact were called parochial and, on occasion, worse. Well now Laudrup's gone. Sacked. By little old Swansea City. Yes, a club you'd never heard of two years ago and that just ten short years ago was propping up the entire English football league just sacked your national hero and greatest ever sportsmen.

Yup. Swansea City sacked Michael Laudrup. It's happened, it's a fact. No amount of bitching is going to change it. So get over it, or f*ck off. In fact, do both.

Thanks for reading.

Ditto.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 01:44 - Feb 20 with 1688 viewsGeneralJack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:21 - Feb 19 by exiledclaseboy

What an unseemly kerfuffle. 23 pages on a pointless press conference at which Laudrup said nothing new and no one learned anything new. Pathetic.

Dear Michael, thank for the memories, you were good for us. Now you're not our manager any more so we simply don't care.

Dear Laudrup fans, you were only ever here while Laudrup was here and sometimes those of us that pointed out this obvious fact were called parochial and, on occasion, worse. Well now Laudrup's gone. Sacked. By little old Swansea City. Yes, a club you'd never heard of two years ago and that just ten short years ago was propping up the entire English football league just sacked your national hero and greatest ever sportsmen.

Yup. Swansea City sacked Michael Laudrup. It's happened, it's a fact. No amount of bitching is going to change it. So get over it, or f*ck off. In fact, do both.

Thanks for reading.

Your post demonstrates that you may suffer a lack of depth as an individual.
I suspect most readers will be thinking - You can take the boy out of Clase...etc..
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 05:58 - Feb 20 with 1650 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 00:16 - Feb 20 by Europastime

I am Danish but only followed Laudrup while he was at Swansea. I thought he would do well. And he did thanks to Swansea and the premier league I think. He would have done better if he had listened to the board regarding changing the staff probably it was Monk they wanted to work with Laudrup so he could anytime and not later than next season take over from ML. I am pleased Swansea are doing ok now with Monk. They will stay in the PL. Laudrup may have been able to add value against Napoli because of his international experience and his name and he seems to like the cups so maybe also in the FA cup but not sure if he would have kept them in the PL which at the end of the day is more important. But maybe not for ML. He probably liked the idea of doing well in the FA cup and in Europe to promote himself for a big club next season in the PL or Spain. Now I think his reputation is damaged to much. Only following ML at Swansea did I realize how he depends and closely works with this agent Tutumlo who mainly cares about transactions making commissions. I fear for ML that his career as manager could easily pan out similar to that of Lothar Matheus the former German international who went from club to club and hardly ever stayed more than a year.

I don't believe that Laudrups does not rate the premier league. Of course he does. Laudrup does not need to promote himself the way You describe. His reputation may have some scratches, but it is not damaged. It does seem strange that he keeps Tutumlo, if the man comes unclear with boards, but then again Laudrup should be able to look at players he thinks could improve the team, and that is where Tutumlo has helped. It is not easy to say what has happened. Most of it will stay rumours.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2014 5:59]

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024