Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 73402 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:08 - Feb 19 with 1506 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:02 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Yes, Abramovich wanted Laudrup in summer.

Seriously.

I mean, ok it was an open secret Mourinho was returning to Chelsea for months before that, but a Danish fanboi needs to bolster his idol. Must be true then.

An open secret?

Was this before or after he tried to get Klopp? Or are Laudrup and Klopp both lying? Are they bragging? For what reason would Klopp have been lying? He seems perfectly content at Dortmund after all!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:09 - Feb 19 with 1504 viewsswan65split

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:56 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Here's a lesson in simple English.

NEVER means not at any point. In this instance, it is referring to the fact that they were never 18th, 19th, or 20th. It has no bearing on whether they were "BELOW Palace (who is not in a relegation place), Cardiff, AND Fulham", which would mean they would have to be 20th in the table.

I love how you have to poison the well to win your imaginary argument.

The fact that under Laudrup, a team with the league's lowest budget and having so many players injured including their top scorer the previous season, with others having nagging injuries, while having played many games in far-off locations, was NEVER IN A RELEGATION place, i.e., NEVER 18th or lower at any point in the season is a miracle.

If you need proof of that look at Newcastle last year. And then look at how much they had to spend during January to survive. Then look at Real Betis.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:01]

Beginning to get on my T*ts now...............please lock the thread, he aint going to stop.

FFS he s gone and I and others think its best.......as I wrote yesterday why have a PC just before a big game ?! ..............

Not only giving us a good season . may be giving us our worst

"SWANSEA TILL I DIE!"
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:10 - Feb 19 with 1503 viewsJackSomething

What I love about this is that no matter how hard and long dibaba argues, it won't change the fact that his beloved Michael Laudrup was deemed no longer good enough for little Swansea City.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:11 - Feb 19 with 1501 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:05 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Clutching at straws? Really? So poor teams in Britain can qualify for Europe?

I love how you can make reasons for other teams, or in the case of Newcastle, you don't even offer any reasons. But in the case of YOUR OWN TEAM, no reasons are good reasons. Not even having 9 players on the treatment table and 10 extra games in Europe, with the first coming in July with an abbreviated pre-season.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:05]

Birminghm played in Europe.
Wigan played in Europe.

None needed a Danish (Pastry) Deity to do so.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:12 - Feb 19 with 1498 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:02 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Yes, Abramovich wanted Laudrup in summer.

Seriously.

I mean, ok it was an open secret Mourinho was returning to Chelsea for months before that, but a Danish fanboi needs to bolster his idol. Must be true then.

"Yes, Abramovich wanted Laudrup in summer.

Seriously."

Yes, we are seriously talking about the same Abramovich who hired Avram Grant to succeed the same Mourinho that you seem to forget didn't resign from Chelsea. Do you think it impossible to have called Laudrup when he had actually hired Grant?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:13 - Feb 19 with 1486 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Danielswan

This whole thread and the various oppinions baffle me, I dont know the truth ... neither do any of you. So I refuse to have an oppinion on the matter.

.... anyway, Laudrup is history, finito, gone, adios, goodbye, aufwiedersehen, do svidania, adeus, farvel .... etc.

....heck, why do I even bother? :)

You bother because, at the end of a sometimes tedious and sometimes revealing thread, you gave us a beautiful song beautifully played and beautifully sung.

Thanks.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:15 - Feb 19 with 1477 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:12 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Seriously."

Yes, we are seriously talking about the same Abramovich who hired Avram Grant to succeed the same Mourinho that you seem to forget didn't resign from Chelsea. Do you think it impossible to have called Laudrup when he had actually hired Grant?

It's impossible when he'd already agreed to bring in an infinitely more successful manager. Do you seriously believe Laudrup was a higher choice on his list than Mourinho? Yes or No question.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:15 - Feb 19 with 1476 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:08 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

An open secret?

Was this before or after he tried to get Klopp? Or are Laudrup and Klopp both lying? Are they bragging? For what reason would Klopp have been lying? He seems perfectly content at Dortmund after all!

Yup, you are thick.

People lie. Motivation? Well, if there's a contract renewal coming up, claiming interest in your services is a good one.

Here's a point you probably didn't think of.

If Chelski approached Laudrup, then it would be an illegal approach without permission from Swansea. Which, as much as I can't stand Huw, I've no doubt a formal complaint would have been made to the FA.

If he was approached and permission granted to talk to Chelsea, then that tells me Swansea would have been happy to get shot of Laudrup earlier than they did. If he did talk to Chelsea as he claims and you believe, well, cearly Chelski weren't interested having spoken to him.

Logical thinking. Such a killer approach on forums.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:16 - Feb 19 with 1472 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:12 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Seriously."

You believe that and you also believe Laudrup turned down Chelsea?

Hahahahaha what a cock.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:17 - Feb 19 with 1466 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:09 - Feb 19 by swan65split

Beginning to get on my T*ts now...............please lock the thread, he aint going to stop.

FFS he s gone and I and others think its best.......as I wrote yesterday why have a PC just before a big game ?! ..............

Not only giving us a good season . may be giving us our worst

"SWANSEA TILL I DIE!"

Yeah, we've done this to death. I agree. Lock the thread and let our memories quickly fade.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:17 - Feb 19 with 1466 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:11 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Birminghm played in Europe.
Wigan played in Europe.

None needed a Danish (Pastry) Deity to do so.

Don't confuse the fanboy with facts mun. He thinks in his 'plain English', we've NEVER (his emphasis, absolutely unconditional to prove his point) been in the relegation spots this season. But we have.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:18 - Feb 19 with 1465 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:47 - Feb 19 by Darran

No I didn't.

Then You deleted the post that I responded to.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:19]

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:18 - Feb 19 with 1462 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:05 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Clutching at straws? Really? So poor teams in Britain can qualify for Europe?

I love how you can make reasons for other teams, or in the case of Newcastle, you don't even offer any reasons. But in the case of YOUR OWN TEAM, no reasons are good reasons. Not even having 9 players on the treatment table and 10 extra games in Europe, with the first coming in July with an abbreviated pre-season.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:05]

There's only one of us rewriting history old chap. Europe had nothing to do with his agent being barred from the club for gross unprofessionalism. Europe had nothing to do with the increasingly insipid performances (performances looking even worse given the rapid improvement since he's left) during the last months of his tenure. Injuries hampered no doubt, but they were not the determining factor.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:20 - Feb 19 with 1450 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:18 - Feb 19 by haremscarem

Then You deleted the post that I responded to.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:19]

Tough.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:25 - Feb 19 with 1435 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:15 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

It's impossible when he'd already agreed to bring in an infinitely more successful manager. Do you seriously believe Laudrup was a higher choice on his list than Mourinho? Yes or No question.

But you don't know when Abramovich called Laudrup. And as I said before, that discussion didn't get very far because Laudrup expressed his desire to stay at Swansea, as he gave his word to players such as Michu and others like Canas.

Klopp was saying well before the end of last season that he honored that Chelsea thought he was good enough to coach there, despite being from a small town in Germany. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Mourinho's agreement to coach there. All links between Mourinho and Chelsea prior to that were speculation.

Which is more likely?

1) Klopp being offered the job first and then to Mourinho, who accepted?

or 2) Mourinho being offered the job which was accepted, and then Klopp being offered the job?

I suppose there are other possibilities as well, but I believe at some point Klopp and Laudrup were both contacted by Abramovich before a manager that he had fired in favor of Avram Grant!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:43]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:27 - Feb 19 with 1422 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:15 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Yup, you are thick.

People lie. Motivation? Well, if there's a contract renewal coming up, claiming interest in your services is a good one.

Here's a point you probably didn't think of.

If Chelski approached Laudrup, then it would be an illegal approach without permission from Swansea. Which, as much as I can't stand Huw, I've no doubt a formal complaint would have been made to the FA.

If he was approached and permission granted to talk to Chelsea, then that tells me Swansea would have been happy to get shot of Laudrup earlier than they did. If he did talk to Chelsea as he claims and you believe, well, cearly Chelski weren't interested having spoken to him.

Logical thinking. Such a killer approach on forums.

As I said before, they expressed interest, but Laudrup didn't reciprocate. He had promised Swansea and its players to stay for the next season.

You don't need permission to have another club express interest, obviously.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:30 - Feb 19 with 1405 viewsLiberty

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:29 - Feb 19 by Darran

He can f*ck off and anyone else that signs up specifically to suck Laudrup off.
We've got a massive game in 24 hours and regardless of what anyone else says it's far more important than Michael f*cking Laudrup. FACT

You did start a thread all about Michael Laudrups press conference, as he was taking it I guessed there may be some support for him, even if just from him to start with.

You slag off other posters for starting threads about laudrup and delete posts suporting him , allegedly.

Make ur mind up. You bring the topic up more than most, realise it generates posts , mohey etc..

Bit like inventing the bike and then complaining too many cyclists around.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:30 - Feb 19 with 1408 viewsDarran

Dimibaba you're getting boring now Dude.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:33 - Feb 19 with 1398 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:27 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

As I said before, they expressed interest, but Laudrup didn't reciprocate. He had promised Swansea and its players to stay for the next season.

You don't need permission to have another club express interest, obviously.

You need permission to talk to a manager contracted to another club.

Which you stated had happened.

So now you're claiming Laudrup wasn't interested in one of the top jobs in the Prem and Europe because of his love for Swansea and the players.

You're having a bit of a nightmare, son.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:34 - Feb 19 with 1388 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:34 - Feb 19 with 1386 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:25 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

But you don't know when Abramovich called Laudrup. And as I said before, that discussion didn't get very far because Laudrup expressed his desire to stay at Swansea, as he gave his word to players such as Michu and others like Canas.

Klopp was saying well before the end of last season that he honored that Chelsea thought he was good enough to coach there, despite being from a small town in Germany. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Mourinho's agreement to coach there. All links between Mourinho and Chelsea prior to that were speculation.

Which is more likely?

1) Klopp being offered the job first and then to Mourinho, who accepted?

or 2) Mourinho being offered the job which was accepted, and then Klopp being offered the job?

I suppose there are other possibilities as well, but I believe at some point Klopp and Laudrup were both contacted by Abramovich before a manager that he had fired in favor of Avram Grant!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:43]

You believe it because it backs your point up.

We had numerous managers claiming we'd approached them after firing Mackay. Ole was the only manager approached.

People lie. Once you realise that, I'm sure you'll enjoy a better life.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 1385 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:15 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Wow. You are clearly delusional. I suggest professional help.

You are clearly a Laudrup supporter, who now is no longer a supporter of Swansea City FC. That's fine but don't pretend differently. And quite what Dyer's unseemly hissy fit has to do with any of this is quite beyond me.

Anyway, let's talk about decency. How decent do you think Tutumlu was last summer? How decent was it for Laudrup to refuse to publicly castigate his agent? How decent was it for Laudrup to refuse to meet Ince until pretty much forced to? Decency ... don't make me laugh.

Castigate his agent? Why would he want to take sides when against his agent who was only trying to get the best deals for the best price he could to help Swansea and his own client Laudrup? Why would he try to undermine Swansea when he'd be undermining Laudrup in the process?

Jenkins was away on holiday, as I recall. I don't imagine he was active in negotiations then, and as it turned out, according to Laudrup, they weren't successful in signing any of the players on his list. If Bayram were involved, Swansea probably would have signed some of them, as he had the prior season.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:35 - Feb 19 with 1383 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:30 - Feb 19 by Darran

Dimibaba you're getting boring now Dude.

Well, I'm bored at the moment Dazza.

If you Jacks want to disengage, I'm more than happy to destroy his arguments.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:37 - Feb 19 with 1378 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:35 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Well, I'm bored at the moment Dazza.

If you Jacks want to disengage, I'm more than happy to destroy his arguments.

You carry on Redster.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:38 - Feb 19 with 1372 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:33 - Feb 19 by reddythered

You need permission to talk to a manager contracted to another club.

Which you stated had happened.

So now you're claiming Laudrup wasn't interested in one of the top jobs in the Prem and Europe because of his love for Swansea and the players.

You're having a bit of a nightmare, son.

If you're talking about actual negotiations, of course Laudrup didn't have those. If someone asks you if you'd consider dating them and they respond that they wouldn't even consider it, then obviously it never reaches the stage where there are any negotiations. And besides, I don't think Jenkins would prevent Laudrup from expressing disinterest in other clubs!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024