Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 73404 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:41 - Feb 19 with 1499 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:18 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

There's only one of us rewriting history old chap. Europe had nothing to do with his agent being barred from the club for gross unprofessionalism. Europe had nothing to do with the increasingly insipid performances (performances looking even worse given the rapid improvement since he's left) during the last months of his tenure. Injuries hampered no doubt, but they were not the determining factor.

"Europe had nothing to do with the performances."

And nothing to do with the injuries which were largely responsible for those performances?

If you have 9 players on the treatment list, and a waterlogged training pitch, would you drive them hard during the week and risk further injuries, especially when you have the most important, realistically winnable games coming up?
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 1492 viewsDarran

Am I though only one that no longer knows WTF is going on here?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:42 - Feb 19 with 1491 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:38 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

If you're talking about actual negotiations, of course Laudrup didn't have those. If someone asks you if you'd consider dating them and they respond that they wouldn't even consider it, then obviously it never reaches the stage where there are any negotiations. And besides, I don't think Jenkins would prevent Laudrup from expressing disinterest in other clubs!

Nope, you're still not understanding it, are you.

ANY talks, irrespectively of negotiations, by a club to a manager of another club with regards to a managerial vacancy is tapping that manager up. Which is prohibited by the rules. Didn't you actually know that?

Amazes people Redknapp got away with taping players up, but hey ho.

If Chelsea had approached Swansea about Laudrup, Jenkins would have bitten their hands off. If you're naive to believe Laudrup would turn down the Chelsea role, well, I can sell you the M4 motorway if you want? £2k and it's yours.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:43 - Feb 19 with 1489 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:30 - Feb 19 by Darran

Dimibaba you're getting boring now Dude.

What I can't see is that, even if he's right, he should be thrilled, not endlessly whining on. His idol is now a free agent and all those big clubs will be queuing up to get him and Tutu Fruttu in the door won't they. No compensation and no barriers. Surely he should be on his knees thanking Swansea City for giving him this wonderful chance to replace Mourino, Guardiola, Ancellotti or even Moyes without him having to feel that he's been 'disloyal' by leaving swansea, which is clearly why he turned doewn these clubs in the summer.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:44]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:43 - Feb 19 with 1485 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:41 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

"Europe had nothing to do with the performances."

And nothing to do with the injuries which were largely responsible for those performances?

If you have 9 players on the treatment list, and a waterlogged training pitch, would you drive them hard during the week and risk further injuries, especially when you have the most important, realistically winnable games coming up?

Maybe if he hadn't insisted on a small squad which he then stuffed full of nonentities like Vasquez, Lamah and Tiendalli injuries would have been less of an issue...

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:44 - Feb 19 with 1480 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:35 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Castigate his agent? Why would he want to take sides when against his agent who was only trying to get the best deals for the best price he could to help Swansea and his own client Laudrup? Why would he try to undermine Swansea when he'd be undermining Laudrup in the process?

Jenkins was away on holiday, as I recall. I don't imagine he was active in negotiations then, and as it turned out, according to Laudrup, they weren't successful in signing any of the players on his list. If Bayram were involved, Swansea probably would have signed some of them, as he had the prior season.

Ah, Bayram Tutu. Philanthropist. General good egg. Yeah I'll buy that.

I'm still mortified Huw went on holiday in a place without a mobile phone signal or Wifi. Totally unprofessional. In 1995.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:45 - Feb 19 with 1468 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:44 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Ah, Bayram Tutu. Philanthropist. General good egg. Yeah I'll buy that.

I'm still mortified Huw went on holiday in a place without a mobile phone signal or Wifi. Totally unprofessional. In 1995.

Tutumlu's a c*nt.

Jenkins should have been at work.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 19 with 1467 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:42 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Nope, you're still not understanding it, are you.

ANY talks, irrespectively of negotiations, by a club to a manager of another club with regards to a managerial vacancy is tapping that manager up. Which is prohibited by the rules. Didn't you actually know that?

Amazes people Redknapp got away with taping players up, but hey ho.

If Chelsea had approached Swansea about Laudrup, Jenkins would have bitten their hands off. If you're naive to believe Laudrup would turn down the Chelsea role, well, I can sell you the M4 motorway if you want? £2k and it's yours.

So, you think Jenkins had Laudrup on some sort of leash and told him that he couldn't talk to other clubs at all when he was in such high demand? Do you think that his agent wouldn't have been getting calls? If not, then what would have been the use of that 10 million pound release clause?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:48]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 19 with 1465 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:25 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

But you don't know when Abramovich called Laudrup. And as I said before, that discussion didn't get very far because Laudrup expressed his desire to stay at Swansea, as he gave his word to players such as Michu and others like Canas.

Klopp was saying well before the end of last season that he honored that Chelsea thought he was good enough to coach there, despite being from a small town in Germany. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Mourinho's agreement to coach there. All links between Mourinho and Chelsea prior to that were speculation.

Which is more likely?

1) Klopp being offered the job first and then to Mourinho, who accepted?

or 2) Mourinho being offered the job which was accepted, and then Klopp being offered the job?

I suppose there are other possibilities as well, but I believe at some point Klopp and Laudrup were both contacted by Abramovich before a manager that he had fired in favor of Avram Grant!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:43]

Whoa. Hold on there. Are you saying Laudrup was ahead of Mourinho AND Klopp on Abramovic's hit list, or just ahead of Mourinho?

They're both barking of course, but the former ... wow.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:47 - Feb 19 with 1459 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:43 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

Maybe if he hadn't insisted on a small squad which he then stuffed full of nonentities like Vasquez, Lamah and Tiendalli injuries would have been less of an issue...

Lamah and Tiendalli are probably just as good as the likes of Ngog and Emnes, who were probably not Laudrup signings.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:48 - Feb 19 with 1455 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:45 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

Tutumlu's a c*nt.

Jenkins should have been at work.

I'm not sure how much physical location matters these days. I'm typing this whilst on a conference call with 20 other people in at least 4 different countries. Not as if anyone was going to fly to Swansea for talks. So long as he worked when over there then it wouldn't be an issue. Whether he did or not is the question of course.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:48 - Feb 19 with 1449 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:47 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Lamah and Tiendalli are probably just as good as the likes of Ngog and Emnes, who were probably not Laudrup signings.

No, they couldn't be. Laudrup only signed the good ones. The board signed the rubbish ones. This is known.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:50 - Feb 19 with 1446 viewsswan65split

What I want to speak is facts. Opinions are another thing. It’s not my thing today.”
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:50 - Feb 19 with 1444 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

So, you think Jenkins had Laudrup on some sort of leash and told him that he couldn't talk to other clubs at all when he was in such high demand? Do you think that his agent wouldn't have been getting calls? If not, then what would have been the use of that 10 million pound release clause?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:48]

Yoda sense IQ deficient in this one.

The rules are clearly written down. Illegal approaches and all that.

Abramovich could ONLY have spoken to Laudrup about the Chelsea role IF Swansea gave permission. That's not in doubt. Nothing to do with "leash", everything to do with your utter ignorance of the league regulations.

Permission would only have been given if compensation was agreed in principle first.

Face facts; you know nothing about Prem football or the rules and regulations surrounding it. You also seem blissfully ignorant that the locals on here, the REAL Swansea fans, have let me rightly rip you ridiculous claims to pieces without blasting me for supporting Cardiff. That speaks volumes...

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:51 - Feb 19 with 1437 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:48 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

I'm not sure how much physical location matters these days. I'm typing this whilst on a conference call with 20 other people in at least 4 different countries. Not as if anyone was going to fly to Swansea for talks. So long as he worked when over there then it wouldn't be an issue. Whether he did or not is the question of course.

Lol. I once had a great shag in a hotel room whilst we were both on a conference call.

Maybe that might encourage Huw to keep in contact.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:51 - Feb 19 with 1432 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:50 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Yoda sense IQ deficient in this one.

The rules are clearly written down. Illegal approaches and all that.

Abramovich could ONLY have spoken to Laudrup about the Chelsea role IF Swansea gave permission. That's not in doubt. Nothing to do with "leash", everything to do with your utter ignorance of the league regulations.

Permission would only have been given if compensation was agreed in principle first.

Face facts; you know nothing about Prem football or the rules and regulations surrounding it. You also seem blissfully ignorant that the locals on here, the REAL Swansea fans, have let me rightly rip you ridiculous claims to pieces without blasting me for supporting Cardiff. That speaks volumes...

Abramovich could ONLY have spoken to Laudrup about the Chelsea role IF Swansea gave permission"

Could have spoken to Tutumlu about it though, which is basically the same thing.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:52 - Feb 19 with 1429 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:51 - Feb 19 by monmouth

Lol. I once had a great shag in a hotel room whilst we were both on a conference call.

Maybe that might encourage Huw to keep in contact.

Challenge accepted! Back in a mi ... I mean hour.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:53 - Feb 19 with 1417 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:51 - Feb 19 by Dr_Winston

Abramovich could ONLY have spoken to Laudrup about the Chelsea role IF Swansea gave permission"

Could have spoken to Tutumlu about it though, which is basically the same thing.

Bacon shagger claimed Laudrup spoke to Abramovich.

Splitting hairs, sure, but...

I'd be amazed if the rules hadn't been expanded to cover recognised representatives otherwise that would be a massive loophole being abused.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:53 - Feb 19 with 1415 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:15 - Feb 19 by reddythered

Yup, you are thick.

People lie. Motivation? Well, if there's a contract renewal coming up, claiming interest in your services is a good one.

Here's a point you probably didn't think of.

If Chelski approached Laudrup, then it would be an illegal approach without permission from Swansea. Which, as much as I can't stand Huw, I've no doubt a formal complaint would have been made to the FA.

If he was approached and permission granted to talk to Chelsea, then that tells me Swansea would have been happy to get shot of Laudrup earlier than they did. If he did talk to Chelsea as he claims and you believe, well, cearly Chelski weren't interested having spoken to him.

Logical thinking. Such a killer approach on forums.

I don't think Klopp needs to lie to his own bosses, when he's taken the team from midtable to the Champions League Final and proven his ability identify and develop young talent.

And if you think Klopp stayed at Dortmund for lack of more lucrative offers elsewhere, I think you are seriously mistaken.
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:57 - Feb 19 with 1393 viewsDr_Winston

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:53 - Feb 19 by reddythered

I'd be amazed if the rules hadn't been expanded to cover recognised representatives otherwise that would be a massive loophole being abused.

They'd merely talk to unrecognised representatives instead. The whole system is rotten and ripe for exploitation.

The bacon shaggers are all a bit weird though. They make the Koreans look positively rational and balanced.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:57 - Feb 19 with 1392 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:46 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Whoa. Hold on there. Are you saying Laudrup was ahead of Mourinho AND Klopp on Abramovic's hit list, or just ahead of Mourinho?

They're both barking of course, but the former ... wow.

I didn't say that Laudrup was ahead of Klopp. (Why would you imagine that I did?)

My guess is that Klopp was called first or maybe second. Rejected.

(possibly insert another illustrious name here.)

Laudrup's agent called next. Rejected.

Finally, Abramovich buries the hatchet and calls Mourinho, who it is important to remember was not given his just recognition the first time as manager. AVRAM GRANT was hired to replace him. AVRAM GRANT!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:58 - Feb 19 with 1385 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:53 - Feb 19 by reddythered

You don't really think anyone takes those regulations seriously though do you? They'll just operate through backchannels. Not that that makes this loon's comments any more credible of course, but still ...

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:59 - Feb 19 with 1376 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:57 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

I didn't say that Laudrup was ahead of Klopp. (Why would you imagine that I did?)

My guess is that Klopp was called first or maybe second. Rejected.

Laudrup's agent called next. Rejected.

Finally, Abramovich buries the hatchet and calls Mourinho, who it is important to remember was not given his just recognition the first time as manager. AVRAM GRANT was hired to replace him. AVRAM GRANT!

Yeah, that seems plausible.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:59 - Feb 19 with 1375 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:53 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

I don't think Klopp needs to lie to his own bosses, when he's taken the team from midtable to the Champions League Final and proven his ability identify and develop young talent.

And if you think Klopp stayed at Dortmund for lack of more lucrative offers elsewhere, I think you are seriously mistaken.

Klopp developed young talent or the youth team staff did?

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/438106/REVEALED-Jurgen-Klopp-explains-wh

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2468555/Jurgen-Klopp-turned-Ch

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/249451.html

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/22/jurgen-klopp-alerts-arsenal-and-chelsea-by-reveali

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/turned-down-chelsea-manchester-city-

Where does Klopp mention Chelsea? Answer is, nowhere. The clubs could have been any of twenty.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 19:01 - Feb 19 with 1361 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:58 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

You don't really think anyone takes those regulations seriously though do you? They'll just operate through backchannels. Not that that makes this loon's comments any more credible of course, but still ...

Agree, but I've no doubt that if Huw et al got wind a formal complaint would have been made.

The fool doesn't realise that if true that Laudrup was approached, a laughable claim, Laudrup would have thus landed Chelsea in the sh1t for doing so...

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024