Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread 15:43 - Feb 18 with 73411 viewsDarran

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:14 - Feb 19 with 1674 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:10 - Feb 19 by Davillin

I'm almost ready to delete all posts in this thread but yours, Ux. You make perfect sense.

I'm determined to read this thread to the end. Someone once said that it is impossible for a man to have a toothache and not relentlessly poke at it with his tongue.

I've got toothache, a sore throat and I'm reading this thread. Proper mental.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:15 - Feb 19 with 1674 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:47 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Imagine supporting a greedy player who wants to have a hat-trick rather than having his team have the best chance of scoring a goal.

Imagine supporting that player over a manager who is interested in scoring the goal so much that he has the player most likely to score that goal take the shot.

Imagine a so-called fan dissing the manager who pulled that greedy player almost immediately after he saw his whole team trying to get said greedy player his hat-trick.

Apparently, you don't care about the purity of football, and you still think this argument is about support for Laudrup versus support for Swansea.

It's not. It's about doing things right and treating those who brought you unprecedented success with decency.

Part of decency is telling him the truth. He has yet to hear it, and that hurts him.

It would hurt you the same.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:49]

Wow. You are clearly delusional. I suggest professional help.

You are clearly a Laudrup supporter, who now is no longer a supporter of Swansea City FC. That's fine but don't pretend differently. And quite what Dyer's unseemly hissy fit has to do with any of this is quite beyond me.

Anyway, let's talk about decency. How decent do you think Tutumlu was last summer? How decent was it for Laudrup to refuse to publicly castigate his agent? How decent was it for Laudrup to refuse to meet Ince until pretty much forced to? Decency ... don't make me laugh.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:15 - Feb 19 with 1674 viewsDewi1jack

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:53 - Feb 19 by Darran

Go away ......... PLEASE.

You put it much nicer than I can with this Dibaby Darran and for that I commend you.

Right Dibaby, if the penalty scrap (which was as embarrassing as anything ) wasn't the fault of the manager, why the fuk did Laudrup state on TV numerous times in interviews after the game, it was his fault.
I'm guessing you and Gibson have been Swansea fans for less than 2 years.
And with any luck you're now going to fuk off to the next club ML goes to.
Don't be surprised if his attitude of being Mr Right, even if the mistakes are staring him in the face (not the 1st time his backroom staff have caused his unemployment is it?) and thinking he is all that matters at any club, causes him to resign/ be sacked again.
You can see how he infuriated Cruyff when he was playing.
There aren't many who have stated the board are above blame, but there only seems a couple of you, blaming the board for everything.
Now fuk off and support another team. Whichever team ML takes on next. And the one after that. Ad infinitum
Swap teams quicker than you swap shirts with that attitude.
If you are a Swansea fan, see you at the Napoli or Palace games and we can discuss this over a beer or 2.
If you're not old enough for beer, I'll get you a hot chocolate in

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:16 - Feb 19 with 1665 viewsswanny

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:10 - Feb 19 by Davillin

I'm almost ready to delete all posts in this thread but yours, Ux. You make perfect sense.

I'm determined to read this thread to the end. Someone once said that it is impossible for a man to have a toothache and not relentlessly poke at it with his tongue.

I'm the same - I keep getting drawn back into it, then I get all cross.....

I'm convinced we've been invaded by a load of trolls, just endlessly repeating the same things over and over again.

Groundhog day. :(

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:22 - Feb 19 with 1644 viewsllangyfelach

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:16 - Feb 19 by swanny

I'm the same - I keep getting drawn back into it, then I get all cross.....

I'm convinced we've been invaded by a load of trolls, just endlessly repeating the same things over and over again.

Groundhog day. :(

Its a Danish Groundhog too. Got a bad deal from Bill Murray and that Hollywood set

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:22 - Feb 19 with 1647 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:57 - Feb 19 by haremscarem

The results can't be an issue. That would make the board crazy in their expectations.

I do believe the team played uninspired for a while, and Laudrup has some of the responsibility for that.

When it comes to the transfers, clearly the board worked against Laudrup although they had said otherwise from the beginning.

Jenkins apparently followed the training, and for a long time nothing was wrong with the training, but when the results became bad, it was because of the training. In the beginning of the season I remember players saying it was the hardest training ever. It made sence to train hard before the season, and then train a little lighter during a packed program. Anyway the only thing that we hear is that the training was too light. Several players who has played under Laudrup have praised him. For instance Jegor Titov who played under Laudrup in Moscow has praised him for his motivation skills. Anyway JDG said something that indicates that everything was not okay in training. We have different opinions here, but JDG chose to be trained by Laudrup for a second time, so it seems a little strange to me.

To me it also seems the board panicked, because of bad results, and they sacked Laudrup, but they could not explain him why. Afterwards Jenkins felt bad with all the falls accusations towards Laudrup.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 17:04]

Results can't be an issue when we're averaging less than 1 point a game in last 12 months?

Worked against Laudrup in transfers? In what way? Because they didn't sign the players he and Tutumlu specified? Whose word do we have on this? Maybe we should ask why those players weren't signed rather than it be seen as some conspiracy against Laudrup.

As for training, horses for courses really. Some clearly had no issue with it, and some did. Obviously, after assessment, the board believe there was an issue with training and match preparation. You mention the odd player who thought he was great but I could name a few who clearly didn't. Entirely subjective I agree.

Did the board panic? Now there's a question. However either way Laudrup was clearly causing many of the issues that led to the board feeling they had no choice.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:23 - Feb 19 with 1642 viewsUxbridge

Why thank you. I'm quite enjoying this thread .... wonderful therapy compared to the work-related mentalism happening on my other monitor!

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:25 - Feb 19 with 1630 viewsUxbridge

Darran's deleting posts again I see

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:29 - Feb 19 with 1612 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:25 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Darran's deleting posts again I see

He can f*ck off and anyone else that signs up specifically to suck Laudrup off.
We've got a massive game in 24 hours and regardless of what anyone else says it's far more important than Michael f*cking Laudrup. FACT

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 19 with 1606 viewsharemscarem

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:29 - Feb 19 by Darran

He can f*ck off and anyone else that signs up specifically to suck Laudrup off.
We've got a massive game in 24 hours and regardless of what anyone else says it's far more important than Michael f*cking Laudrup. FACT

He just deleted my post, and I only translated a danish article where a former Brøndby player praises Laudrup as an inspiring trainer.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:36 - Feb 19 with 1588 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 19 by haremscarem

He just deleted my post, and I only translated a danish article where a former Brøndby player praises Laudrup as an inspiring trainer.

How many times. We don't give a f**k.

He's gone. toast. History. He's not coming back so you might as well use your article to wipe his backside, if your tongue gets tired.

That's my last word too.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:37 - Feb 19 with 1584 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 16:18 - Feb 19 by Darran

You can't focus on the next match because Laudrup hasn't got a club yet.

[

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:40 - Feb 19 with 1576 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:05 - Feb 19 by monmouth

He doesn't seem to be able to handle the truth:

Relegation form for a year
No motivation in the team
Complete lethargy over the club
Players couldn't care about him as shown by vastly increased energy and application since he was kicked out
Knob of an agent (and an agent represents his principal in law) that destroyed any trust with employers
Wish list of players that were out of our reach
Track record as long as your arm of always leaving like this

What is there else to tell him?

Oh no I forgot, you can't handle the truth either. Yes of course our board looks like it's been ham fisted in this, and I regret that, but the result would have been the same however it had been handled. Ever heard of substance over form? This pretence that he doesn't understand why seems transparently that, a PR pretence. According to you he's better than that. Well visibly, palpably and unfortunately, he is trying his best to show everyone that he is not. All rather squalid. Such a shame, as I thought he was better than this too.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 17:06]

"Relegation form for a year"?

Yes, if you are adding the end of last season with this season. But is that fair? We saw that same relegation form during the last several matches under Rodgers in similar circumstances: securing safety in the league. Does that mean that Rodgers was a poor manager too?

As for this season, we had a shorter preseason with a more demanding schedule due to Europa League qualification games. And more injuries as the likely result. 9 of them at one time, in fact. If you think Swansea should be expected to get points against the top teams with 8 or 9 players including Michu and many of the other midfielders out, and Bony only having reached full fitness several months into the Premier League season (which is a good reason not to play him!), then you are delusional!

Swansea being in relegation form while having played Europa league qualifying and group matches, and having a third of its 22 players injured is more than justified! It's actually a miracle that they were NEVER IN A RELEGATION PLACE IN THE TABLE under the circumstances.

I can't be bothered with the rest of your post. Exaggeration to put it mildly. The same manager who takes the team with the smallest budget into the top ten of arguably the best league in the world and a major trophy to boot is all of a sudden a bad manager who is unable to motivate the team!
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 17:46]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:45 - Feb 19 with 1557 viewsUxbridge

It's a miracle Swansea City were not below Palace, Cardiff and Fulham? Really? That sound you can hear is your credibility flying out of the window.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:47 - Feb 19 with 1548 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:30 - Feb 19 by haremscarem

No I didn't.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:48 - Feb 19 with 1543 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:14 - Feb 19 by monmouth

I've got toothache, a sore throat and I'm reading this thread. Proper mental.

I know how you feel.

Send me your hospital room number and postal address and I'll send a bouquet of flowers as cover hiding a fifth of scotch, or your choice. You're in a bad way there.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:52 - Feb 19 with 1530 viewsA_Fans_Dad

OK Mr Dibaba let me lay out for you how I saw Mr Laudrup's performance as a Manager as an outsider of the club.
First he came with the Ambition to "Get a small club in to a big competition with a small squad, because that was something he had always wanted to do"
Note no mention of improving the Clubs position in the league, or getting in to the top 4 etc.
He came to Swansea on the back of 2 previous Managers who had improved most aspects of Swansea's play sufficiently to get them in to the Premier league on a shoestring.
With the work that the other 2 managers had done and the brilliant addition of Michu the first 6 months went very well.
ML also upgraded Ben D, another good move.
It was mostly the players plus Michu with his 20 league goals and 3 cup goals that produced those early successes as the tactics were not changed from previous managers.
He bought in various players of varying quality and fitness, which was neither a great plus or minus.
Now let's look at what happened from there on, Swansea's performances started to go down hill and but for the very poor performances of the teams below them they would have slipped down the league that season, in other words the club was rather fortunate.
What things went wrong, well as I said on another thread the downside was
He insisting on a keeping a Small Squad, even though the team had more commitments than in previous seasons, so any injuries were going to be a problem.
He continually played "his" players regardless of how badly they were playing and ignoring home grown players who were playing better.
He continually played players out of position rather than playing said home players more suited to that position.
Playing unfit/injured players until they dropped or their injuries got so bad they had to stop playing, including allowing Michu to play with a badly cut head, has he not heard of Concussion and Brain Hemorrhage.
Getting players so pissed off they went and played for someone else rather than stay at Swansea.
There did not seem to be a plan "B" to his gameplan, once the opposition worked us out they stopped the goals coming.
No obvious reasoning behind most substitutions especially leaving non contributing players on and taking off contributing ones.
Falling out with players and then not playing them, which is something somewhat petty managers do all the time in the leagues.
Not being able to keep the players fit and motivated.
Not recognizing just how bad morale was getting for the players, the fans and the club, or if he did not doing anything about it, or not knowing how to fix it.

I think the Club and Management were bedazzled by landing such a big fish, but ML appears to be one of those outstandingly naturally talented people who has difficulty in understanding why less gifted players can't do what he could.
But that does not make him an outstandingly naturally talented Manager and I don't think so many club's Boards can be wrong, this is his 4th appointment that didn't end well!
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:53 - Feb 19 with 1527 viewsDanielswan

This whole thread and the various oppinions baffle me, I dont know the truth ... neither do any of you. So I refuse to have an oppinion on the matter.

.... anyway, Laudrup is history, finito, gone, adios, goodbye, aufwiedersehen, do svidania, adeus, farvel .... etc.

....heck, why do I even bother? :)

Half portuguese and half danish, mixing Sagres and Carlsberg is my birthright.
Poll: Style of play.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:55 - Feb 19 with 1524 viewsDarran

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Danielswan

This whole thread and the various oppinions baffle me, I dont know the truth ... neither do any of you. So I refuse to have an oppinion on the matter.

.... anyway, Laudrup is history, finito, gone, adios, goodbye, aufwiedersehen, do svidania, adeus, farvel .... etc.

Great post Danny.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:56 - Feb 19 with 1522 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:45 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

It's a miracle Swansea City were not below Palace, Cardiff and Fulham? Really? That sound you can hear is your credibility flying out of the window.

Here's a lesson in simple English.

NEVER means not at any point. In this instance, it is referring to the fact that they were never 18th, 19th, or 20th. It has no bearing on whether they were "BELOW Palace (who is not in a relegation place), Cardiff, AND Fulham", which would mean they would have to be 20th in the table.

I love how you have to poison the well to win your imaginary argument.

The fact that under Laudrup, a team with the league's lowest budget and having so many players injured including their top scorer the previous season, with others having nagging injuries, while having played many games in far-off locations, was NEVER IN A RELEGATION place, i.e., NEVER 18th or lower at any point in the season is a miracle.

If you need proof of that look at Newcastle last year. And then look at how much they had to spend during January to survive. Then look at Real Betis.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:01]
The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:57 - Feb 19 with 1516 viewsDavillin

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:52 - Feb 19 by A_Fans_Dad

OK Mr Dibaba let me lay out for you how I saw Mr Laudrup's performance as a Manager as an outsider of the club.
First he came with the Ambition to "Get a small club in to a big competition with a small squad, because that was something he had always wanted to do"
Note no mention of improving the Clubs position in the league, or getting in to the top 4 etc.
He came to Swansea on the back of 2 previous Managers who had improved most aspects of Swansea's play sufficiently to get them in to the Premier league on a shoestring.
With the work that the other 2 managers had done and the brilliant addition of Michu the first 6 months went very well.
ML also upgraded Ben D, another good move.
It was mostly the players plus Michu with his 20 league goals and 3 cup goals that produced those early successes as the tactics were not changed from previous managers.
He bought in various players of varying quality and fitness, which was neither a great plus or minus.
Now let's look at what happened from there on, Swansea's performances started to go down hill and but for the very poor performances of the teams below them they would have slipped down the league that season, in other words the club was rather fortunate.
What things went wrong, well as I said on another thread the downside was
He insisting on a keeping a Small Squad, even though the team had more commitments than in previous seasons, so any injuries were going to be a problem.
He continually played "his" players regardless of how badly they were playing and ignoring home grown players who were playing better.
He continually played players out of position rather than playing said home players more suited to that position.
Playing unfit/injured players until they dropped or their injuries got so bad they had to stop playing, including allowing Michu to play with a badly cut head, has he not heard of Concussion and Brain Hemorrhage.
Getting players so pissed off they went and played for someone else rather than stay at Swansea.
There did not seem to be a plan "B" to his gameplan, once the opposition worked us out they stopped the goals coming.
No obvious reasoning behind most substitutions especially leaving non contributing players on and taking off contributing ones.
Falling out with players and then not playing them, which is something somewhat petty managers do all the time in the leagues.
Not being able to keep the players fit and motivated.
Not recognizing just how bad morale was getting for the players, the fans and the club, or if he did not doing anything about it, or not knowing how to fix it.

I think the Club and Management were bedazzled by landing such a big fish, but ML appears to be one of those outstandingly naturally talented people who has difficulty in understanding why less gifted players can't do what he could.
But that does not make him an outstandingly naturally talented Manager and I don't think so many club's Boards can be wrong, this is his 4th appointment that didn't end well!

Well, when you put it like that . . . !

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 19 with 1510 viewsUxbridge

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:56 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

Here's a lesson in simple English.

NEVER means not at any point. In this instance, it is referring to the fact that they were never 18th, 19th, or 20th. It has no bearing on whether they were "BELOW Palace (who is not in a relegation place), Cardiff, AND Fulham", which would mean they would have to be 20th in the table.

I love how you have to poison the well to win your imaginary argument.

The fact that under Laudrup, a team with the league's lowest budget and having so many players injured including their top scorer the previous season, with others having nagging injuries, while having played many games in far-off locations, was NEVER IN A RELEGATION place, i.e., NEVER 18th or lower at any point in the season is a miracle.

If you need proof of that look at Newcastle last year. And then look at how much they had to spend during January to survive. Then look at Real Betis.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:01]

Swansea has the lowest budget? That's debatable. Bottom 6 probably but remember no debt to service.

I think Betis' problems may be partly because half their team now plays elsewhere. Anyone using Newcastle in their argument is automatically clutching at straws.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:00 - Feb 19 with 1503 viewsmonmouth

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Danielswan

Brilliant. I know I said I'd had it, but this post just has to be applauded. Oydstandun.

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:02 - Feb 19 with 1496 viewsreddythered

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 13:33 - Feb 19 by Dibaba

"And yeah you are."

I'm what? Danish?

The only Danes I know personally that have slanted eyes are those adopted from Asian countries by Danes already living there.

Why is it so hard to believe that Laudrup was wanted by Chelsea in the summer after he led the team with the Premier League's smallest budget to a historic, unprecedented major trophy and 9 place in the Premier League? I mean, we're talking about a team with 20,000 seats beating Chelsea over two legs in two clean sheets, and beating Arsenal away 2-0!

Don't you think Abramovich would have been the least bit impressed by that in summer of 2013?

Don't you think he would have put his hat in the ring when an overwhelming majority (IIRC some 90 percent) of Madrid fans surveyed said that they wanted Laudrup as their next boss?
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 16:09]

Yes, Abramovich wanted Laudrup in summer.

Seriously.

I mean, ok it was an open secret Mourinho was returning to Chelsea for months before that, but a Danish fanboi needs to bolster his idol. Must be true then.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 18:05 - Feb 19 with 1493 viewsDibaba

The Official Michael Laudrup Press Conference Day Thread on 17:59 - Feb 19 by Uxbridge

Swansea has the lowest budget? That's debatable. Bottom 6 probably but remember no debt to service.

I think Betis' problems may be partly because half their team now plays elsewhere. Anyone using Newcastle in their argument is automatically clutching at straws.

Clutching at straws? Really? So poor teams in Britain can qualify for Europe?

I love how you can make reasons for other teams, or in the case of Newcastle, you don't even offer any reasons. But in the case of YOUR OWN TEAM, no reasons are good reasons. Not even having 9 players on the treatment table and 10 extra games in Europe, with the first coming in July with an abbreviated pre-season.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2014 18:05]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024