Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2016993 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:58 - Oct 5 with 7180 viewsDiscodroids

1000...brilliant effort lads!

think these quotes fit the thread well

It's a free concert from now on. That doesn't mean that anything goes....The one major thing you have to remember...is that the man next to you is your brother, and you'd damn well better treat each other that way because if you don't, then we blow the whole thing, but we've got it right there.

- "Chip" Monck, Woodstock announcer1969.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky,
With one hand waving free...

and as im going into rise of the foot soldier land today.....(i know its been posted before!)

lets get on it.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:04 - Oct 5 with 7173 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:58 - Oct 5 by Discodroids

1000...brilliant effort lads!

think these quotes fit the thread well

It's a free concert from now on. That doesn't mean that anything goes....The one major thing you have to remember...is that the man next to you is your brother, and you'd damn well better treat each other that way because if you don't, then we blow the whole thing, but we've got it right there.

- "Chip" Monck, Woodstock announcer1969.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky,
With one hand waving free...

and as im going into rise of the foot soldier land today.....(i know its been posted before!)

lets get on it.

Gotta mix this one on the end of Kariya Centerforce style very apt with todays game

[Post edited 5 Oct 2014 10:06]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:30 - Oct 5 with 7161 viewsLblock

Blinding stuff

Belated happy returns to LondonScottish, sounds like you had a blinder

Brixton - great choice to avoid the game today, nothing brings you down quicker than Saggy Chops tactics and Rio's defending

And the sun is out.......

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:43 - Oct 5 with 7156 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:30 - Oct 5 by Lblock

Blinding stuff

Belated happy returns to LondonScottish, sounds like you had a blinder

Brixton - great choice to avoid the game today, nothing brings you down quicker than Saggy Chops tactics and Rio's defending

And the sun is out.......

Nice tune.

I'm with you re Redt wat and Plug but have relented, am going to be now with the intention of getting up about 3 and then finding somewhere to watch it.......#masocistsatqprcom
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:07 - Oct 5 with 7126 viewsBrixtonR

THIS ONES FOR HARRY !
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:42 - Oct 9 with 7097 viewsdannyblue

I'm new around here, but after having spent a lovely evening going through this thread I feel I am among friends. Humbly, I offer up a contribution.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:08 - Oct 9 with 7071 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:42 - Oct 9 by dannyblue

I'm new around here, but after having spent a lovely evening going through this thread I feel I am among friends. Humbly, I offer up a contribution.

Nice one.

In these Bungle and Dinosaur testing times I find solace in this thread.

See you on the dancefloor

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:00 - Oct 9 with 7040 viewspaulparker

Starting the weekend off early , Be nice to have a normal care free one for once without worrying about Rangers getting Tonked

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:05 - Oct 9 with 7025 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:00 - Oct 9 by paulparker

Starting the weekend off early , Be nice to have a normal care free one for once without worrying about Rangers getting Tonked

For me Paul Simpsons album was one of the best in those early years. Musical Freedom is a classic.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:01 - Oct 9 with 6984 viewsPunteR

Stumbled across this . Not sure its up. Maybe a bit hard for you soulful house boys but its going in the bag.😊

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:20 - Oct 9 with 6977 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:01 - Oct 9 by PunteR

Stumbled across this . Not sure its up. Maybe a bit hard for you soulful house boys but its going in the bag.😊

Nice tune that one mate, haven't heard it for a long while. It's on a mix CD I've got by Chris Liberator from 1997 called Prolekulture that I rinsed back in the day.

This is the first track on it, quite laid back and House like but maybe a bit hard still.......

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:12 - Oct 10 with 6968 viewsTripper

New Aphex Twin material, still really twisted.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 08:19 - Oct 10 with 6941 viewsLblock

In a complete left-field change from the last two tracks I need to mellow into my day today

Here's one for us fans in a turd of a season - lets hope the message is one that will happen

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:54 - Oct 10 with 6925 viewsPunteR

Throwing in some more mid 90s avin it pumping house.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:36 - Oct 10 with 6916 viewspaulparker

Starting the weekend with some Chicago house

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:07 - Oct 10 with 6912 viewsW14Hoop

Ain't posted here for a good while, good to see the thread going strong!

The Friday relaxed vibe at work has got me music juices flowing, I'm hoping this hasn't been posted already, MAW but in a different vibe

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:49 - Oct 10 with 6900 viewsLblock

Not my favourite mix but a blinder

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:22 - Oct 10 with 6851 viewsW13R

Hello all, new poster here but long time reader of this site.
This thread is superb so I thought I would add some bits and pieces that have given me many eargasms over the years.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:40 - Oct 10 with 6837 viewsW13R

And some other tastes.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:15 - Oct 10 with 6826 viewsW13R

And some sligthly newer stuff that floats my boat!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:16 - Oct 10 with 6823 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:12 - Oct 10 by Tripper

New Aphex Twin material, still really twisted.

Superb isn't it mate?
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:59 - Oct 10 with 6809 viewsLblock

W13R - where you been sunshine? Some top choonige there. That Solitaire track was BIG for me way back when - loved WARP as a label.
Some lovely old skool with Greg Henderson and nice fresher stuff as well -- sure I stuck that Rhemi track up a few pages ago. All good

Now then... this Aphex Twin stuf. Got to be honest I really have to be in the right frame of mind but good stuff if you're 'avin it.

A good day for postings up here chaps, cap doffed, legs running slow but aint everyone's energy sapped at the mo?

I've had a beast of a day today with a late finish of work as everyone's favourite media outlet and curse of football fixtures had me pricing a little re-fit job up that simply had to be in before midnight struck. So it was great to come home and kick back with a large glass of Sancerre and catch up with some quality tunes added. Salutes al round.

This one's been up but homage to be paid again... how I'm feeling. I'm a sucker for an atmospheric piano intro and slight acapella.
Enjoy one of the few weekends we'll not be moaning about our beloved hoops.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:23 - Oct 10 with 6798 viewsPunteR

Still loving this thread. good seeing some new posters on here.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2014 1:23]

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:26 - Oct 10 with 6794 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:59 - Oct 10 by Lblock

W13R - where you been sunshine? Some top choonige there. That Solitaire track was BIG for me way back when - loved WARP as a label.
Some lovely old skool with Greg Henderson and nice fresher stuff as well -- sure I stuck that Rhemi track up a few pages ago. All good

Now then... this Aphex Twin stuf. Got to be honest I really have to be in the right frame of mind but good stuff if you're 'avin it.

A good day for postings up here chaps, cap doffed, legs running slow but aint everyone's energy sapped at the mo?

I've had a beast of a day today with a late finish of work as everyone's favourite media outlet and curse of football fixtures had me pricing a little re-fit job up that simply had to be in before midnight struck. So it was great to come home and kick back with a large glass of Sancerre and catch up with some quality tunes added. Salutes al round.

This one's been up but homage to be paid again... how I'm feeling. I'm a sucker for an atmospheric piano intro and slight acapella.

Nice one L Block. You must be proud of starting such a beast of a thread. I'm still discovering beauties on here several months later, it's brilliant mate.

You are right about Aphex but I'm a big fan and the guy's a genius imo. Lots of unlistenable stuff but the good bits more than make up for it and some.

I'm off to the the late great Frankie's beloved NYC later this month and can't wait. Thirty years late for the Paradise Garage I know.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:55 - Oct 10 with 6783 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:59 - Oct 10 by Lblock

Thanks Lblock, been meaning to join for years now and finally got sucked in with my love of music and of course the R's. It's great to hear music that I have listened to for nearly 30 odd years being all different styles but most of all some form of dance music. I reckon a lot of us on here have been lucky to go through so many different scenes i.e. disco, soul, rare groove, latin, r&b, rave, house, acid jazz, techno and many more. I'm nearly 50 but I still think I no a good tune when I here one, so as we used to say lets have it!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024