Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... 21:49 - Jun 3 with 17276 viewsJeff

Seems like they have tried and failed to secure the @QPR address, and instead of shrugging their shoulders and getting on with it, they've gone public in a thinly veiled attempt to shame/embarrass the owner

They've done so much so well recently, but this is fairly poor form...

Can we not knock it?

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 09:56 - Jun 4 with 3434 viewsJamie

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 09:35 - Jun 4 by kensalriser

Regardless of anything else, a fan doesn't really have a moral right to the name QPR. Weren't laws introduced to stop random persons appropriating company and business names as URLs?

QPR isn't the club or businesses name though. It would be incredibly difficult to prove convincingly that 'Queens Park Rangers AFC Limited' has a right to the twitter handle @QPR. Hardly Nike or Adidas.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:02 - Jun 4 with 3411 viewsAunt_Nelly

Thoroughly unprofessional behaviour by the media team.

Perhaps a result of one of their infamous 'lunches'?

#beer&twitterRbadtogether
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:05 - Jun 4 with 3396 viewsMaggsinho

The thing is, is not even his primary Twitter account, @QPR is pretty much a subsidiary to his QPRReport account, focusing on history and nostalgia, so it wouldn't hurt to rename to something else and allow the club to use the name.

As a guide to how much he uses it; QPR Report has 18,933 tweets and QPR has 519 tweets.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:27 - Jun 4 with 3346 viewsMedwayR

I don't understand why people are putting it down to attention seeking by this Mike bloke, he didn't instigate the situation nor did he make it public.

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:34 - Jun 4 with 3319 viewsQPR442

Agree the name QPR just doesn't belong to us, as I have seen a company in the US called QPR. At the end of the day it is £ letters that could mean anything so QPRFC don't really have a say in it regardless of the fact that the site/name is referring to the club
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:37 - Jun 4 with 3302 viewsElHoop

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:05 - Jun 4 by Maggsinho

The thing is, is not even his primary Twitter account, @QPR is pretty much a subsidiary to his QPRReport account, focusing on history and nostalgia, so it wouldn't hurt to rename to something else and allow the club to use the name.

As a guide to how much he uses it; QPR Report has 18,933 tweets and QPR has 519 tweets.

This is spot on in my view.

There's not much point in running a website taking potshots at the club from time to time when you are fundamentally behaving like a plum yourself.

Either we are all in it together or we aren't. You can't pick and choose.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:49 - Jun 4 with 3269 viewsWeaverQPR

Shame the media team don't put as much time and effort into creating a decent user friendly website instead worrying about poxy twitter.

@WeavQPR

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:03 - Jun 4 with 3224 viewsthame_hoops

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:49 - Jun 4 by WeaverQPR

Shame the media team don't put as much time and effort into creating a decent user friendly website instead worrying about poxy twitter.

is it only me who's wondering who qprReport is? would someone care to shed some light
Login to get fewer ads

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:08 - Jun 4 with 3214 viewsWeaverQPR

Runs a website and has a twitter account called @qpr

@WeavQPR

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:21 - Jun 4 with 3159 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 10:49 - Jun 4 by WeaverQPR

to be fair, the website is part of a wider deal they have no control over. i think everyone knows how awfully designed it is, but nothing they can do about it.
have to say, last season they did a very good job. got a bit bertie big bollox for me in summer 2012 with all the #globalbrand embarrassment, but they did well last season.
Mikey's can be an objectionable person really - he's upset plenty of fans in the past with his ways, far too much time on his hands.

Bare bones.

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:26 - Jun 4 with 3152 viewsWeaverQPR

How much would you sell it for if it was you? 20k 30k 100k? Or would you just give it up?

@WeavQPR

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:39 - Jun 4 with 3109 viewsActonOccident

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:03 - Jun 4 by thame_hoops

is it only me who's wondering who qprReport is? would someone care to shed some light

Sounds like there's interesting history with this guy, but I have been wondering what the whole story is myself.

See also - Scott Jones.

No-one seems to have condensed and documented these past QPR plot twists online. Infuriating for an inbound, plastic fan like me. I can only infer details from infrequent, semi-opaque tweets from some of the more prominent forum posters/Twitterati/Dave McIntyre.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... (n/t) on 11:44 - Jun 4 with 3088 viewsMaggsinho

Briefly he used to post on message boards years ago as QPRReport before flouncing off to create his own site after one too many arguments with other users.

Has adopted a very critical stance of the club which has caused some friction over time.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 11:46]
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:47 - Jun 4 with 3073 viewsJuzzie

When the official QPR site was run as QPR World, I had already got the www.qprworld.co.uk and .com domains. Surely QPR or whoever was running and setting up the World websites would have secured all the domains for all the football clubs long before it was announced about them being "[club]World"

I was offered a replica shirt if the club could take them over.

I said no but would link the domains to the official site, which I did. I never heard back and as World no longer exists the domains have lapsed.

Point being it's first come first served, there are no 'rules' or laws. If you got mcdonalds.com or coke.com or nike.com before the companies themselves did, there's nothing they can do. Sure, they'll threaten to take you to court but tradesmarks etc do not apply in the interweb world, though this was all 10 years or so ago and I know it's getting tightened up now.
I think the BBC had to pay some lucky sod £10m for bbc.com as they lost a court battle over it.

[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 12:06]
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:49 - Jun 4 with 3051 viewssimmo

Whilst there is nothing wrong with @OfficialQPR, it woul definitely be easier to use the @QPR tag, it would save confusion and apart from anything else save characters within messages.

It's poor that the club have resorted to these 'tactics' to try and force the issue but at the same time the QPR Report bloke is an unreasonable and negative dick. A normal fan would probably be more than happy to work with the club on this as it's in QPRs best interests

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:52 - Jun 4 with 2973 viewspomanjou

Don't know who's who or what's what in this, but if 'Mikey' has something that a commercial company wishes to acquire (a commercial company owned by rich football nutter and one of the worlds ten richest men) good luck to him in screwing the most he can out of them.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... (n/t) on 12:02 - Jun 4 with 2939 viewsAunt_Nelly

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... (n/t) on 11:44 - Jun 4 by Maggsinho

Briefly he used to post on message boards years ago as QPRReport before flouncing off to create his own site after one too many arguments with other users.

Has adopted a very critical stance of the club which has caused some friction over time.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 11:46]

Briefly?

Like him or not but he's been posting since the very first days on the grouplist, original org, rivals etc and his news blog has been going for years.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... (n/t) on 12:04 - Jun 4 with 2917 viewsMaggsinho

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... (n/t) on 12:02 - Jun 4 by Aunt_Nelly

Briefly?

Like him or not but he's been posting since the very first days on the grouplist, original org, rivals etc and his news blog has been going for years.

Sorry, I meant a brief explanation, not that he has been posting briefly.

He must have been posting for going on 20 years now, you're right.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... (n/t) on 12:10 - Jun 4 with 2891 viewsAunt_Nelly

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... (n/t) on 12:04 - Jun 4 by Maggsinho

Sorry, I meant a brief explanation, not that he has been posting briefly.

He must have been posting for going on 20 years now, you're right.

Ahh, I getcha.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 12:32 - Jun 4 with 2841 viewssmegma

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 11:03 - Jun 4 by thame_hoops

A bloke who lives just outside Washington DC in the States. He used to live here but emigrated about 1968 by all accounts and has never stepped foot on these shores since. He also likes to tell you he is jewish. about a 100 times a day. Every day of the year.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 12:38 - Jun 4 with 2812 viewsmikeygunn

If I owned the site then I would hand it over in return for Bobby's left boot!
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 13:10 - Jun 4 with 2731 viewsBasingstokeR

They (the club) should just be going after this one instead...

https://twitter.com/qprfc
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 14:42 - Jun 4 with 2621 viewsQPunkR

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 12:32 - Jun 4 by smegma

A bloke who lives just outside Washington DC in the States. He used to live here but emigrated about 1968 by all accounts and has never stepped foot on these shores since. He also likes to tell you he is jewish. about a 100 times a day. Every day of the year.

Even Christmas?

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 14:48 - Jun 4 with 2603 viewsmichael67

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 14:42 - Jun 4 by QPunkR

Even Christmas?

Jews don't celebrate Christmas.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 14:53 - Jun 4 with 2582 viewshoopstilidie

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 04:26 - Jun 4 by DylanP

WTF -- what do people have against QPR Reports? That is crazy. He is a good fan and runs a great website. He has always been solid QPR through an through. He has his obsessions but you have to be a little nuts to support QPR, so he's pretty normal around these parts. He bleeds blue and white and is alright in my book.

He's a self important arsehole.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024