Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... 21:49 - Jun 3 with 17277 viewsJeff

Seems like they have tried and failed to secure the @QPR address, and instead of shrugging their shoulders and getting on with it, they've gone public in a thinly veiled attempt to shame/embarrass the owner

They've done so much so well recently, but this is fairly poor form...

Can we not knock it?

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 15:18 - Jun 4 with 3322 viewsbarbicanranger

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 07:49 - Jun 4 by ElHoop

If a fan owned qpr.co.uk then you would expect it to be handed over to the club. The same goes for @QPR - end of story really.

Read the full post and twitter and have to say I agree with this.

Not sure there is any other way than to go public if you want to get it? Unless you eat humble pie and accept you're not going to get it.

Also, agree that as a second best @qprfc would be good. But I can totally see why the club want this cause the current handle is random.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 15:31 - Jun 4 with 3277 viewsBklynRanger

I'm in two minds about this. I remember report well from when he was on Rivals. He used to get a lot of grief about copying and pasting, and he wasn't averse to a knee jerk reaction thread or three, but I thought he sometimes got more criticism than was fair. That's all I remember really. I haven't bothered to go on his site since he started it.

On one hand he should be looking to help the club he supports, and if that means giving up a hashtag that he doesn't really use then its a simple decision.

On the other hand I can see the argument that Pom is making. It depends who you think you're giving the # to - QPR and their tradition and identity, or 3 or 4 extremely rich men who can easily afford to offer a better deal than they have so far.

I'd guess he's thinking the second one.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 15:55 - Jun 4 with 3233 viewsNorthernr

Well this is all terribly grown up isn't it.

I think Ian and Adam regret going public with it, in fact I know they do, and they've apologised for it to Mike, so that's the first thing.

We don't know the ins and outs of this. Does Mike want money for something that's clearly worth some cash? QPR are very good at saying we can't afford this and that, can't do a free bus to Swansea, can't do this, while paying Bobby Zamora £60k a week. The best scene on Four Year Plan is when they're sitting around talking about only spending £500 a matchday on flowers instead of £700 and cutting the sandwich menu from £8.50 a head to £7 a head while saying that they don't want to reduce the playing budget in any way - Patrick Agyemang on £12k a week at that stage. So let's not let them plead poverty on this, if it's worth money to them then pay Mike some money if that's what he wants and it's that important.

Is it just the principal of it? I had it first and you're not going to bully me out of it? That seems tremendously petty if so.

If LFW was in the situation I'd let them have it in exchange for a half page advert in the programme or something.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:11 - Jun 4 with 3176 viewsElHoop

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 15:55 - Jun 4 by Northernr

Well this is all terribly grown up isn't it.

I think Ian and Adam regret going public with it, in fact I know they do, and they've apologised for it to Mike, so that's the first thing.

We don't know the ins and outs of this. Does Mike want money for something that's clearly worth some cash? QPR are very good at saying we can't afford this and that, can't do a free bus to Swansea, can't do this, while paying Bobby Zamora £60k a week. The best scene on Four Year Plan is when they're sitting around talking about only spending £500 a matchday on flowers instead of £700 and cutting the sandwich menu from £8.50 a head to £7 a head while saying that they don't want to reduce the playing budget in any way - Patrick Agyemang on £12k a week at that stage. So let's not let them plead poverty on this, if it's worth money to them then pay Mike some money if that's what he wants and it's that important.

Is it just the principal of it? I had it first and you're not going to bully me out of it? That seems tremendously petty if so.

If LFW was in the situation I'd let them have it in exchange for a half page advert in the programme or something.

It isn't worth anything to anyone unconnected with QPR though is it? The only organisation with the money to pay anything much at all is QPR, and if you said to the board that some guy wants a nice few quid for the QPR tag then what if they said 'oh feck it with QPR and idiots like that and let's call in our debt and see how they like that then?'

This Mike geezer would look good then wouldn't he?
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:21 - Jun 4 with 3149 viewsBklynRanger

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:11 - Jun 4 by ElHoop

It isn't worth anything to anyone unconnected with QPR though is it? The only organisation with the money to pay anything much at all is QPR, and if you said to the board that some guy wants a nice few quid for the QPR tag then what if they said 'oh feck it with QPR and idiots like that and let's call in our debt and see how they like that then?'

They can do that today if they want to though. All they have to do is give up their massive ambitions regarding Old Oak Common, HS2 and all that juicy development stuff.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:31 - Jun 4 with 3124 viewsFredManRave

I don't know the details and haven't seen the twitter outbursts but surely the most sensible outcome would be to have a video conference between the two parties and agree on a fair price. No idea what a "fair" price is mind, but get the deal done, both parties win and can move on with both having benefited from the situation.

[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 16:31]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:35 - Jun 4 with 3105 viewseastside_r

'It isn't worth anything to anyone unconnected with QPR though is it?'

Might be useful for these guys:

http://www.qpr.com/
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:38 - Jun 4 with 3094 viewsElHoop

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:21 - Jun 4 by BklynRanger

They can do that today if they want to though. All they have to do is give up their massive ambitions regarding Old Oak Common, HS2 and all that juicy development stuff.

They can do, and hopefully they won't do that, but basically, whichever way you dress it up, it's taking the piss when the only party that can give you a few quid is the party that you are supposed to love so much.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:41 - Jun 4 with 3081 viewsElHoop

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:35 - Jun 4 by eastside_r

'It isn't worth anything to anyone unconnected with QPR though is it?'

Might be useful for these guys:

http://www.qpr.com/

It's not worth much even to them though though is it? They don't have a regular and ongoing need for direct contact with their customers. If he was buying up loads of tags and flogging them off then that line might have at least some validity, but he isn't doing that is he?
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:41 - Jun 4 with 3077 viewssimmo

I wish I had it now, I would pull the Armageddon card.

'Me and my friends don't want to pay anymore taxes........ ever.'

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:43 - Jun 4 with 3067 viewsAunt_Nelly

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:41 - Jun 4 by simmo

I wish I had it now, I would pull the Armageddon card.

'Me and my friends don't want to pay anymore taxes........ ever.'

Brilliant!
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:45 - Jun 4 with 3063 viewsBklynRanger

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:38 - Jun 4 by ElHoop

They can do, and hopefully they won't do that, but basically, whichever way you dress it up, it's taking the piss when the only party that can give you a few quid is the party that you are supposed to love so much.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but my point from earlier is: if he's distinguishing between the club he professes to love and the businessmen currently in charge (which he probably is based on his style in the past) then he isn't trying to stick it to the club, he's trying to get the best deal he can from these businessmen.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:54 - Jun 4 with 3037 viewsJamie

If the owners were going to walk away from the club in a huff over not being allowed the QPR twitter handle, I'd wager that we'd had an enormously lucky escape.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:54 - Jun 4 with 3035 viewsElHoop

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:45 - Jun 4 by BklynRanger

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but my point from earlier is: if he's distinguishing between the club he professes to love and the businessmen currently in charge (which he probably is based on his style in the past) then he isn't trying to stick it to the club, he's trying to get the best deal he can from these businessmen.

I don't think anyone is trying to be difficult, apart from this guy.

I wouldn't want to guess where he's coming from, I prefer to look at where he's gone, as that's all I can understand. If he's gone in the direction then why he went there is his own affair. As a supporter of QPRFC, I think that owning this tag is for the benefit of the club, and that has nothing to do with who is paying the bills or whatever other gripe he has. If he doesn't like who is paying the bills or he wants to rip them off then that's his affair, but as a fan of the club I can only see damage being done by this guy by virtue of how he's handled this.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:58 - Jun 4 with 3018 viewsCliff

I can see why the club want it for free. I mean how are they expected to pay Cesar's wages every week, if they have to pay out for things like this?
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 17:02 - Jun 4 with 2997 viewsAunt_Nelly

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:21 - Jun 4 by BklynRanger

I've just registered @HS2 so we'll probably be back in admin by next week.

Sorry chaps.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 18:16 - Jun 4 with 2855 viewskarl

At the moment a site/ man like qpr report sounds unnecessary but when things aren't so rosy and someone has to do a lot of digging (cutting and pasting seemingly dull pieces) at leasleast we've got him, I bet Leeds supporters wish they had someone to find out more about their situation for instance?
He never bothered me with his posts on here as all you have to do is read what interests you, same as any other poster on here, I cant imagine too mqny are interested in Scottish football but thats all I have !
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 18:31 - Jun 4 with 2825 viewsCanadaRanger

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 09:16 - Jun 4 by smegma

What's wrong with the address the club already has or even @queensparkrangers ?

No apostrophe?... :)
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 18:47 - Jun 4 with 2784 viewsbarbicanranger

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 16:45 - Jun 4 by BklynRanger

I would probably accept that if the club was disjointed and being run by flavio still but for all the mistakes the current board have made you can't fault their commitment and the money they have fronted - to hold back a twitter handle that matches the clubs initials exactly just seems petty to me. Especially as the social media delivery has been excellent this year, not for the club but for us fans. Each to their own but if it was my blog and I had that handle I'd gladly hand it over and get another one.

This is probably just my view but as a bit of background I also find people who hold these kind of names back from companies for money as parasitic - like that guy who made money off of websites that were in company names - when it's obvious who they belong to it's just a load of BS it's not a real living.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 19:13 - Jun 4 with 2737 viewsconnell10

do you really think our board would pull out of rangers on the back of something so trivial as a stupid twitter name or what ever it is!!!!! am i missing something here , or is this a lot to do about nothing! For the record the first site i posted on was reports and ill tell you one thing most of the posters on there are really good people! i also post on wartb and find most of the posters on there are sound as are the posters on here! i hate inter message board grudges is just boolox!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 19:47 - Jun 4 with 2681 viewsElHoop

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 19:13 - Jun 4 by connell10

do you really think our board would pull out of rangers on the back of something so trivial as a stupid twitter name or what ever it is!!!!! am i missing something here , or is this a lot to do about nothing! For the record the first site i posted on was reports and ill tell you one thing most of the posters on there are really good people! i also post on wartb and find most of the posters on there are sound as are the posters on here! i hate inter message board grudges is just boolox!

No of course I don't think that, but it's a possible outcome as are a number of other negative outcomes, including a less effective Twitter presence for QPR. I just don't see a positive side to what he is doing. It's all negatives to a greater or lesser degree. Whatever else he's said or done in the past, whatever grudges he might have, he's wrong on this one and he should sort it out.
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 19:49 - Jun 4 with 2671 viewsWeaverQPR

Bring back the qpr sms service. First fast and last

@WeavQPR

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 20:56 - Jun 4 with 2595 viewsDeano19766

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 18:47 - Jun 4 by barbicanranger

I would probably accept that if the club was disjointed and being run by flavio still but for all the mistakes the current board have made you can't fault their commitment and the money they have fronted - to hold back a twitter handle that matches the clubs initials exactly just seems petty to me. Especially as the social media delivery has been excellent this year, not for the club but for us fans. Each to their own but if it was my blog and I had that handle I'd gladly hand it over and get another one.

This is probably just my view but as a bit of background I also find people who hold these kind of names back from companies for money as parasitic - like that guy who made money off of websites that were in company names - when it's obvious who they belong to it's just a load of BS it's not a real living.

You're right it is obvious who it belongs to - it belongs to this QPRReport fella! Just as anyone else who bought up domain names before a company did owns that domain name. If the company wants it, it can damn well pay for it, just like any other transaction in a commercial world. Why should anyone give away for free something they legitimately own? To say they should is, quite frankly, ridiculous.

As somebody else said, if they can afford to pay Bobby Zamora £60k a week then they can afford to pay this fella if they want it enough. Nobody seems to be bothered that despite the increase in tv revenue next season, season tickets prices have still gone up. And guess where every penny is going - yep into players overspilling pockets. But that's all OK of course. Take the blinkers off chaps
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 20:57]
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 21:00 - Jun 4 with 2585 viewsDeano19766

QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 09:50 - Jun 4 by ShotKneesHoop

He also said that Mark Hughes was a meticulous manager who would bring great results. So, no the club doesn't belong to the fans. It belongs to Sky.

And this is also very true. The days of clubs in the top flight belonging to the fans have long gone since SKY TV took the top flight global. The 'real' fans are pretty much an irrelevance, but are paid platitudes by the owners to make them feel as if they are an important part of the club, when in reality its the person watching on tv who is the most important 'fan' to them
[Post edited 4 Jun 2014 21:02]
QPR media guys throwing strop on The Twitter... on 21:33 - Jun 4 with 2534 viewsVish

The PR team have done a lot of good work the past few years, but as said very poor from the club doing this in public.

Its not the first time they've acted unprofessionally either. I seem to remember them having a go at Leicester or someone about showing highlights on their official site before they were allowed to or something along those lines. Still no idea why Ian Taylor sends QPR tweets from his own personal one. Can't imagine any other premier league clubs doing that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024