Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yedlin.......awesome 23:32 - Jul 1 with 5741 viewschris1969

USA send the scouts there instead of looking at over 30 has beens
Yedlin.......awesome on 23:33 - Jul 1 with 3984 viewskensalriser

Wish England were as good as the US. They really went for it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:38 - Jul 1 with 3970 viewsQPRMUSO

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:33 - Jul 1 by kensalriser

Wish England were as good as the US. They really went for it.

USA are a better team than us.
Yedlin.......awesome on 23:41 - Jul 1 with 3957 viewsbosh67

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:38 - Jul 1 by QPRMUSO

This - and incredible debut at a world cup by Yedlin. What a player he is. Would love to see a player like that at the Rs. I really like Bradley in the middle as well. A really composed midfielder with vision and guile. Another player we should be looking at.

Proper team the USA.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:46 - Jul 1 with 3939 viewsdaveB

If Belgium take half their chances then USA go out with a whimper, I don't think they are any better than England, they had a better world cup than us but for all the stick England are getting the defeats we had teams were ruthless against us and took every chance they had, Belgium must have missed 7 or 8 great chances tonight and Portugal and Ghana missed plenty as well in the group phase. Very small margins in football between a heroic loser and a disgraced loser.

Great game though
Yedlin.......awesome on 23:50 - Jul 1 with 3914 viewsTheBlob

Only 20 and at Seattle.Can beat his man and get a cross over.....definitely worth a punt.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:54 - Jul 1 with 3905 viewsMatch82

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:41 - Jul 1 by bosh67

This - and incredible debut at a world cup by Yedlin. What a player he is. Would love to see a player like that at the Rs. I really like Bradley in the middle as well. A really composed midfielder with vision and guile. Another player we should be looking at.

Proper team the USA.

Came on as a sub against Germany and Portugal as well. But yeah, he was great.

PS: Landon Donovan is an idiot. He has literally just said "US are so close. They just need a player like Messi, and they'll be a real force."

Didn't realize it was that easy. Quick, someone tell Roy, just "get a player like Messi", and we'll have a great chance...
Yedlin.......awesome on 23:58 - Jul 1 with 3882 viewsTheBlob

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:54 - Jul 1 by Match82

PS: Landon Donovan is an idiot. He has literally just said "US are so close. They just need a player like Messi, and they'll be a real force."

Didn't realize it was that easy. Quick, someone tell Roy, just "get a player like Messi", and we'll have a great chance...

Actually he wasn't far from the truth,just a Defoe type sniffer and they would probably be still in the tournament.

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:58 - Jul 1 with 3882 viewskensalriser

You're having a bit of a laugh there, Dave. England finished bottom of what was at best a medicore group - only one team is left in the competition and they probably won't progress.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:59 - Jul 1 with 3872 viewsbosh67

To be fair they probably needed an experienced head like Landon Donovan in the last few minutes.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Yedlin.......awesome on 00:00 - Jul 2 with 3871 viewsMatch82

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:58 - Jul 1 by TheBlob

Actually he wasn't far from the truth,just a Defoe type sniffer and they would probably be still in the tournament.

Well if they had taken more than one striker it might have helped - and that one striker got injured in the first match.

But it was more the fact that he was suggesting players like Messi come along more than once in a generation, and that the US should get one, that irritated me.
Yedlin.......awesome on 00:00 - Jul 2 with 3871 viewsNortholt_Rs

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:38 - Jul 1 by QPRMUSO

They've def got a better manager than us....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Yedlin.......awesome on 00:05 - Jul 2 with 3852 viewsTheBlob

Yedlin.......awesome on 00:00 - Jul 2 by Match82

Well if they had taken more than one striker it might have helped - and that one striker got injured in the first match.

But it was more the fact that he was suggesting players like Messi come along more than once in a generation, and that the US should get one, that irritated me.

Fair enough.

Yedlin.......awesome on 00:08 - Jul 2 with 3851 viewseastside_r

Yedlin.......awesome on 00:00 - Jul 2 by Northolt_Rs

They've def got a better manager than us....

Jurgen still loves London.

Could we tempt him away from his California Idyll? Dave Bardsley on the coaching team, loads of Americans will support a team which name checks the Queen (I know we don't, but they do not need to know that!)

Job is a good'un.
Yedlin.......awesome on 00:10 - Jul 2 with 3848 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:46 - Jul 1 by daveB

If Belgium take half their chances then USA go out with a whimper, I don't think they are any better than England, they had a better world cup than us but for all the stick England are getting the defeats we had teams were ruthless against us and took every chance they had, Belgium must have missed 7 or 8 great chances tonight and Portugal and Ghana missed plenty as well in the group phase. Very small margins in football between a heroic loser and a disgraced loser.

Great game though

I think England have got more stick than they deserve, but USA defended better than England and showed the spirit to get back into the game at 2-0 down and in extra time, which I don't think England would have done. Compare the way that they went at the Belgians with England's starts to either half vs Uruguay.

England seem intimidated - whether its by the weight of expectation, the occasion, the realisation that they aren't favourites vs the likes of Italy, or even the knowledge that they aren't a patch on past England sides, I don't know, but there's something wrong with the mentality.

Leave aside the Brazilians, Argentinians, Germans etc. Costa Rica, the USA, even Algeria (e.g. vs Germany) - these are not countries blessed with more talent that us, but they make the best of what they have.

It probably doesn't help that if England players know that failure will be treated as a national disgrace.
Yedlin.......awesome on 00:14 - Jul 2 with 3836 viewsCiderwithRsie

Yedlin was bloody good, btw, and of course Howard.

Pretty impressed by some of the Belgians too, Kompany superb for that tackle and run, Lukaku very strong, de Bruyn excellent. Thought Hazard was pretty much crap though.
Yedlin.......awesome on 00:26 - Jul 2 with 3808 viewsozexile

Definitely something wrong with mentality. Players aren't bothered.
Yedlin.......awesome on 00:30 - Jul 2 with 3802 viewsBklynRanger

Yeah I heard that. Ludicrous. Plus the man has all the personality of a fridge freezer.
Yedlin.......awesome on 09:40 - Jul 2 with 3636 viewswillis1980

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:46 - Jul 1 by daveB

Great game though

Really enjoyed last nights game, and have enjoyed team USAs performances this world cup. Saw some similarities in last nights game with englands performance vs italy, both teams lack a finisher. to say usa are better than england is plain daft though
Yedlin.......awesome on 10:07 - Jul 2 with 3604 viewsdaveB

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:58 - Jul 1 by kensalriser

You're having a bit of a laugh there, Dave. England finished bottom of what was at best a medicore group - only one team is left in the competition and they probably won't progress.

was far from a mediocre group and no one was saying it was mediocre before the world cup. You had a strong Uruguay and Italy plus as it turned out a pretty good Costa Rica team, not the hardest group but not weak either.

As I say fine margins between what is glory and dubbed a disgrace. England were ok in the first two games could easily have got the draws they deserved but didn't. America rode their luck big time against Ghana and again last night and got away with it and they are all heroes.

Not knocking America as they were very good but I don't get the constant England bashing at the moment especially after a game that had nothing to do with us
Yedlin.......awesome on 10:17 - Jul 2 with 3593 viewswillis1980

Yedlin.......awesome on 10:07 - Jul 2 by daveB

was far from a mediocre group and no one was saying it was mediocre before the world cup. You had a strong Uruguay and Italy plus as it turned out a pretty good Costa Rica team, not the hardest group but not weak either.

As I say fine margins between what is glory and dubbed a disgrace. England were ok in the first two games could easily have got the draws they deserved but didn't. America rode their luck big time against Ghana and again last night and got away with it and they are all heroes.

Not knocking America as they were very good but I don't get the constant England bashing at the moment especially after a game that had nothing to do with us

its because knocking england has become somewhat popular since results havent gone our way in recent years. i enjoy talking to non english friends abroad about england games as their opinions havent been tainted by the negativity and media nonsense. who cares whether they took xboxes with them! would it have been different if they were clutching kindles?
Yedlin.......awesome on 10:23 - Jul 2 with 3583 viewsW7Ranger

Yedlin.......awesome on 23:58 - Jul 1 by kensalriser

There's only one team left from all the Groups... the Group winners!!

With regard to Yedlin, reminded me of Kyle Walker before he went a bit sh!t!
Yedlin.......awesome on 10:33 - Jul 2 with 3565 viewsAlvarado

Yedlin.......awesome on 00:14 - Jul 2 by CiderwithRsie

Yedlin was bloody good, btw, and of course Howard.

Pretty impressed by some of the Belgians too, Kompany superb for that tackle and run, Lukaku very strong, de Bruyn excellent. Thought Hazard was pretty much crap though.

Cider - what did you like about de Bruyn? (Apart from the goal and the assist, I mean...!)

Leaving aside extra time (when I think he may have been switched to the left, and he scored and provided an assist), I thought he flattered to deceive. For me he held up play when there was a break on, and seemed to shoot rather than pass, or vice versa. Were you basing your opinion on extra time or do you think he played well throughout? I ask because one of my Belgian mates thought he was good too. i thought he was good but only really in ET.

Agree with your assessment of Kompany, Lukaku and Hazard, the latter also seemed to make quite a few wrong decisions. I thought the Belgians lacked a bit of width to be honest, seemed to miss Vanden Borre, the big bald right back, he may have been injured last time out as the last time I saw him he was flat out on the turf.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 10:35]
Yedlin.......awesome on 10:34 - Jul 2 with 3562 viewspaulparker

Yedlin.......awesome on 10:17 - Jul 2 by willis1980

its because knocking england has become somewhat popular since results havent gone our way in recent years. i enjoy talking to non english friends abroad about england games as their opinions havent been tainted by the negativity and media nonsense. who cares whether they took xboxes with them! would it have been different if they were clutching kindles?

They deserved to be knocked that's why
there was no media build up for England this time, even Rooney said there would be no excuses if we don't perform,
its funny how people can be brainwashed into thinking we done ok
what just because we had a few shots on goal, what about the rest ???
lots of factors on why England are pony, starting from the manager
he is terrible we made a pigs ear of qualifying, he don't know what system to use
we can't defend, our set pieces are a joke, don't worry it will be alright in 2 years time though
the players are not blameless either, they have no passion check the anthems in the Brazil/Chile game, spine tingling stuff, what do we get Glen Johnson staring gormlessly into space, we cant do the basics of putting 2 passes together and defend like school kids ,id say about 50% of those players couldn't wait to get home , where they then hop on the next available plan to jet them off to las vegas where they can hang around with birds and smoke cigars, no doubt before the new season starts we will get the usual
"my world cup heartache stories" in the papers
England are kunts and so are greg dyke & the FA

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Yedlin.......awesome on 10:41 - Jul 2 with 3546 viewsSpiritofGregory

Yedlin.......awesome on 00:10 - Jul 2 by CiderwithRsie

I think England have got more stick than they deserve, but USA defended better than England and showed the spirit to get back into the game at 2-0 down and in extra time, which I don't think England would have done. Compare the way that they went at the Belgians with England's starts to either half vs Uruguay.

England seem intimidated - whether its by the weight of expectation, the occasion, the realisation that they aren't favourites vs the likes of Italy, or even the knowledge that they aren't a patch on past England sides, I don't know, but there's something wrong with the mentality.

Leave aside the Brazilians, Argentinians, Germans etc. Costa Rica, the USA, even Algeria (e.g. vs Germany) - these are not countries blessed with more talent that us, but they make the best of what they have.

It probably doesn't help that if England players know that failure will be treated as a national disgrace.

Maybe English players just aren't good enough. It will continue if quotas are not set in the English game. We'll have to do a France soon and borrow from other countries.. Having a quality manager also helps.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2014 10:45]
Yedlin.......awesome on 10:48 - Jul 2 with 3527 viewsLblock

Was I the only one who heard the commentator mistakenly call him Yeltsin when he first came on?

I was waiting for him to drunkenly take his boot off and start banging it on the post.

Dont know who he plays for but get him in sharpish!!

I also like Bradley - full of running, strong in the tackle and could pick a pass while composed with the ball at his feet. Keep him away from set pieces though.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024