Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel has arrived! 12:37 - Jul 10 with 23095 views08olesen

For pre season! Lets see if he last longer than he did last year.

This may annoy at lot on here....but anyone else i would say fark off to, but i genuinely have never seen anyone like Adel, who gets me off my seat even in the dullest of games.

The soap opera continues.....Adel to score against the Sum in the 90 min to win 1-0!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Adel has arrived! on 16:11 - Jul 11 with 2228 viewsBluce_Ree

Adel has arrived! on 14:22 - Jul 11 by Clive_Anderson

If we can't handle him at his worst then we don't deserve him at his best.

If he is at his worst, he doesn't deserve the thousands of pounds he gets every week from us.

But yeah, sure. Let's suck him clean off instead.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Adel has arrived! on 16:14 - Jul 11 with 2222 viewssimmo

Adel has arrived! on 16:11 - Jul 11 by Bluce_Ree

If he is at his worst, he doesn't deserve the thousands of pounds he gets every week from us.

But yeah, sure. Let's suck him clean off instead.

What if his best is better than anyone else on the pitch by a mile and his worse is for him to be just as shit as everyone else that's having a bad game and still being paid thousands?

Not to take away from my first post on this thread, but Adel at his best can win us games on his own. That is why people would still be willing to risk him getting his head straight and playing for us again.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 16:15]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Adel has arrived! on 16:18 - Jul 11 with 2211 viewscjc

Please remind yourselves how talented this lad is?

https://www.google.es/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sq

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Adel has arrived! on 16:38 - Jul 11 with 2183 viewsPinnerPaul

Adel has arrived! on 15:30 - Jul 11 by wombat

adel was in a toxic team with players like boswanker around him . harry didn't rate him and never will yet he was close to the top of the tables for shots on goal. how many times did he hit the woodwork that season ? stick him in a decent fighting team and hed flourish , barton did last season after many on hear didn't want him within a mile of the club , its up to harry maybe show adel he s wanted and then see what happens.

a midfield with him in it is better than one with wanna be gangster Morrison in it that's for sure.

DO agree with you about Adel v Morrison - its all opinion in the end but the latter overrated IMHO
Adel has arrived! on 16:44 - Jul 11 with 2170 viewsPinnerPaul

Adel has arrived! on 15:38 - Jul 11 by Northernr

See I think he was an aseet to us in both seasons. These are his numbers and for goals and assists only Helguson in the first season and Remy in the second are better than him.

2012/13
26 starts and seven sub appearances. W3 D12 L18
Out of Ten: 5,8,7,6,7,7,7,7,6,6,7,6,9,5,5,4,9,6,7,-,7,8,6,5,5,7,6,5,6,5,5,6 = 6.29
Interactive Match Rating — 6.40
Five goals (Fulham A, Fulham H, Fulham H, West Brom A, West Ham H), five assists (Swansea A, West Ham A, Chelsea A, Wigan A, Southampton H)
Man of the Match Awards — Five (Chelsea A, Fulham H, Stoke A, West Brom A, West Ham H)
Cards — Five yellows (foul, over celebrating, foul, dissent, over celebrating)

2011/12
Key Facts — 25 starts, three sub appearances, two goals, four assists, six Man of the Match awards
Fan Rating — 6.91 (highest of regular starters)
LFW Rating — 6.39
Rating breakdown — 6 6 4 7 8 6 7 4 5 7 4 6 7 7 7 7 8 6 7 7 6 6 9 6 6 6 7 7
Discipline — Four yellows (kicking ball away, over celebrating, foul, kicking ball away), and one red (two yellows)

Have to agree that the average in 2012/13 in THAT team is pretty impressive.

Maybe , with a player like Adel we only remember the extremes - the goals/assists etc v the tantrums and selfish play.

From your stats he had as many "OK" games as you would expect of any player in the top div to have.

I suppose the key to it, will/can/does he fit into the new Steve Black/WeRTogether/Joey Barton team ethic.
Adel has arrived! on 16:56 - Jul 11 with 2119 viewsdaveB

the relegation season he was excellent between October and February then lost his way when he was dropped and was pretty poor after that
Adel has arrived! on 16:59 - Jul 11 with 2111 viewswombat

Adel has arrived! on 16:38 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

DO agree with you about Adel v Morrison - its all opinion in the end but the latter overrated IMHO

how many times did Morrison manage to get you out of your seat by something he did during a game apart from score?
im a 48 year old football fan who saw stan play who watched the 75/76 side and adel excited me, Swansea at home was sublime football from him hes an entertainer lets try and buck the trend and not play boring tip tap football and have somebody who is actually a player with something which looks like indiviual skill and old school maverick a throw back what ever you want to call him.

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Adel has arrived! on 17:02 - Jul 11 with 2104 viewsPinnerPaul

Adel has arrived! on 16:59 - Jul 11 by wombat

how many times did Morrison manage to get you out of your seat by something he did during a game apart from score?
im a 48 year old football fan who saw stan play who watched the 75/76 side and adel excited me, Swansea at home was sublime football from him hes an entertainer lets try and buck the trend and not play boring tip tap football and have somebody who is actually a player with something which looks like indiviual skill and old school maverick a throw back what ever you want to call him.

Wombat - I agree - I said "latter" overrated ie Morrison.

You can't, or would be mad to, carp at Adel's skill, it's whether that can be harnessed into a useful team asset I think is the key.
Login to get fewer ads

Adel has arrived! on 17:17 - Jul 11 with 2079 viewsClive_Anderson

Adel has arrived! on 17:02 - Jul 11 by PinnerPaul

Wombat - I agree - I said "latter" overrated ie Morrison.

You can't, or would be mad to, carp at Adel's skill, it's whether that can be harnessed into a useful team asset I think is the key.

I think his skill was being harnessed last time in the Premier League, he dribbled well, passed to people in space and made chances. He drove the opposition up leaving space for others to exploit.

The problem was that the rest of the team was so rubbish it didn't make any difference to the final result. The amount of times he set someone up and they made a complete hash of it was ridiculous.
Adel has arrived! on 17:28 - Jul 11 with 2054 viewscjc

Adel has arrived! on 17:17 - Jul 11 by Clive_Anderson

I think his skill was being harnessed last time in the Premier League, he dribbled well, passed to people in space and made chances. He drove the opposition up leaving space for others to exploit.

The problem was that the rest of the team was so rubbish it didn't make any difference to the final result. The amount of times he set someone up and they made a complete hash of it was ridiculous.

We have always been harsh on Adel whenever he has not had an outstanding game. Even when we were going down, I can`t pick him out as the problem within the team just he could not produce the magic to keep us up, I can`t say it was total lack of effort, it didn´t seem to be. Regularly he plays better than his team mates, even when rubbish by his own standards.
Messi and Ronaldo can be average but have quality around them to give them time, he has never had that.

Alot of fantastic players have average performances but the difference is what they can do that others just cannot. They can turn it on, make football exciting and change a game.

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

Adel has arrived! on 18:06 - Jul 11 with 2016 viewswombat

Adel has arrived! on 17:17 - Jul 11 by Clive_Anderson

Clive pretty much sums him up , I'd have been running around with a machine gun if I'd been in that team , if you work ur @rse off and see some tw@t sitting in the corner doing sweet FA your react , yes he reacted in the wrong way no doubt but a different manager may have handled him differently but with the poison running through the club nobody would have stood a chance of sorting that out , maybe Harry needs to lock Adel in the same room for a few hours with hill dunne and Barton see if they can get him on board till at least Xmas then see what happens

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Adel has arrived! on 18:09 - Jul 11 with 2013 viewshoops_legend

Some people on this board genuinely would prefer gary o neil in the premiership to taarabt.. And this is official proof that some people are mad. I can't watch players like gary o neil without a yawn with all due respect...

Give me the maverick who will try and win and entertain at all costs
Adel has arrived! on 18:19 - Jul 11 with 1992 viewsessextaxiboy

If he is that good at the very top level , why isnt there a shedload of offers from top level clubs. IMO he is a flat track bully .Totally dominant at one level down but no team in the top leagues builds its team around a maverick . Much less a newly promoted team . As for the comparison with Morrison , if Adel had been left out of the playoff semi team would he have been trusted to come on to defend a slender league . Morrison was , he was only a loanee and already in the Prem . He covered Suk Young , chased defenders down and cleared off the line in the last minute ....I would take him over Adel ...as for Clives stats ...driven by LFW pop paste IMO.
Adel has arrived! on 18:54 - Jul 11 with 1964 viewsted_hendrix

Adel has arrived! on 14:34 - Jul 11 by Northernr

I didn't find 19 goals and 23 assists that disrespectful either.

As said higher up, Joey Barton got welcomed back with open arms after openly slagging our club off and treating it like sht for two years.

Not from what I heard at LR was he welcomed back with open arms, didn't you hear the booing at first?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Adel has arrived! on 20:01 - Jul 11 with 1915 views08olesen

The other alternative, would be to sell him and go back in with an offer for Morrison. Its a long shot, but we must must must have a CAM like that, or strikers will have very little opportunities IMO.

Adel has arrived! on 20:06 - Jul 11 with 1905 viewsessextaxiboy

Adel has arrived! on 20:01 - Jul 11 by 08olesen

The other alternative, would be to sell him and go back in with an offer for Morrison. Its a long shot, but we must must must have a CAM like that, or strikers will have very little opportunities IMO.

Honest question... Who will buy him ? permanently ,not a loan .

Is he on that high a wage that it puts them off .

I think tactically he is a luxury .
Adel has arrived! on 20:11 - Jul 11 with 1900 views08olesen

Adel has arrived! on 20:06 - Jul 11 by essextaxiboy

Honest question... Who will buy him ? permanently ,not a loan .

Is he on that high a wage that it puts them off .

I think tactically he is a luxury .

We may have to bite the bullet if he doesn't want to be here, and sell him for less than we want to. The issue needs to be resolved quickly, or the club will be held to ransom on his wage demands. Either way, i would like it to be resolved before our first pre season game if possible.

Adel has arrived! on 20:18 - Jul 11 with 1877 viewsTW_R

Adel has arrived! on 20:11 - Jul 11 by 08olesen

We may have to bite the bullet if he doesn't want to be here, and sell him for less than we want to. The issue needs to be resolved quickly, or the club will be held to ransom on his wage demands. Either way, i would like it to be resolved before our first pre season game if possible.

More photos.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/110714-qpr-pre-season-testing-photo-gallery-17

Do players shrink in the off-season? Surely they're all the same height as they were at the beginning of last season?
Adel has arrived! on 20:35 - Jul 11 with 1852 viewsstansleftfoot

Adel has arrived! on 18:19 - Jul 11 by essextaxiboy

If he is that good at the very top level , why isnt there a shedload of offers from top level clubs. IMO he is a flat track bully .Totally dominant at one level down but no team in the top leagues builds its team around a maverick . Much less a newly promoted team . As for the comparison with Morrison , if Adel had been left out of the playoff semi team would he have been trusted to come on to defend a slender league . Morrison was , he was only a loanee and already in the Prem . He covered Suk Young , chased defenders down and cleared off the line in the last minute ....I would take him over Adel ...as for Clives stats ...driven by LFW pop paste IMO.

The idea that QPR are or have recently been in the upper tiers of Football is absurd, only Warnock saw the unique talent of Adel Taarabt and created an environment where the player could do his stuff.
Taarabts unique talent in a squad of mediocre players will ultimately create friction. Gary O'Neil became a legend for QPR alongside Bobby Zamora in a one off game, Gary O'Neil has also relentlessly passed the ball to the opposition throughout a season, Zamora has earned £10 million for, One or Two goals, both given to him over four years.
Adel Taarabt is an opportunity not a problem, I feel Harry Redknapps fundamental flaws as a modern football manager are our difficulty, I just hope Fernandes and Beard who might approach the Adel Taarabt question with the view of Football fans rather than a supposed professional, as Redknapp see's himself. a QPR can put the apparent skills of Steve Black to work on how one assimilates the unique talent of Adel Taarabt into a group of much less skilled players.
Adel Taarabt is the point of watching Football, he's one of the very few players I've seen since the 75/76 side that has excited me in a QPR side.
For me it's not negotiable, Adel Taarabt must play for QPR or we will be a lesser Football Club and a poorer footballing side.
Redknapp and the players are just going to have to face being 'megged' and frustrated relentlessly...Adel Taarabt is playing football and i love to watch him do it!
What do you want to do, put your face in your hands when Barton launches another ball sixty yards into touch or watch players like O'Neil take three touchs to tidy a back pass up....Taarabt outside of the foot to Routledge...just watch it again....worth the money we have to pay! No question, get Adel in and try again, he's our player!
Adel has arrived! on 20:36 - Jul 11 with 1848 viewsPommyhoop

This vid says it all really. Only flix n trix my f'ckin arse. The scum were literally bouncing off him and trying to kick lumps out of him.Still couldnt get the ball off him..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Adel has arrived! on 20:48 - Jul 11 with 1835 viewsqprnw10

If Adel had a better attitude, he'd be playing for one of europe's elite clubs and would be considered in the same bracket as Bale, Suarez, Robben, Ibrahimovic...IMHO.The blokes a genius!
Adel has arrived! on 20:50 - Jul 11 with 1830 viewsstansleftfoot

Adel has arrived! on 20:36 - Jul 11 by Pommyhoop

This vid says it all really. Only flix n trix my f'ckin arse. The scum were literally bouncing off him and trying to kick lumps out of him.Still couldnt get the ball off him..

Yup! Pommy look at David Luiz Brazilian World Cup Player humiliated,( I think he's been assigned to get at Adel, looked as bad that night as he did the other night ) all good, but it puts pressure on Adels team-mates.
There's the challenge we have a twenty five million £ footballer who cost £1 or so million, Adel is not interested in money, his agent maybe but there are very few players who you can put a camera on and get that much coverage of being active and involved in a game of football. Adel Taarabt is one of the very few I've seen.
Adel has arrived! on 21:47 - Jul 11 with 1761 viewsingeminate

He is different class get him back in.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Adel has arrived! on 21:53 - Jul 11 with 1755 viewsessextaxiboy

Adel has arrived! on 20:35 - Jul 11 by stansleftfoot

The idea that QPR are or have recently been in the upper tiers of Football is absurd, only Warnock saw the unique talent of Adel Taarabt and created an environment where the player could do his stuff.
Taarabts unique talent in a squad of mediocre players will ultimately create friction. Gary O'Neil became a legend for QPR alongside Bobby Zamora in a one off game, Gary O'Neil has also relentlessly passed the ball to the opposition throughout a season, Zamora has earned £10 million for, One or Two goals, both given to him over four years.
Adel Taarabt is an opportunity not a problem, I feel Harry Redknapps fundamental flaws as a modern football manager are our difficulty, I just hope Fernandes and Beard who might approach the Adel Taarabt question with the view of Football fans rather than a supposed professional, as Redknapp see's himself. a QPR can put the apparent skills of Steve Black to work on how one assimilates the unique talent of Adel Taarabt into a group of much less skilled players.
Adel Taarabt is the point of watching Football, he's one of the very few players I've seen since the 75/76 side that has excited me in a QPR side.
For me it's not negotiable, Adel Taarabt must play for QPR or we will be a lesser Football Club and a poorer footballing side.
Redknapp and the players are just going to have to face being 'megged' and frustrated relentlessly...Adel Taarabt is playing football and i love to watch him do it!
What do you want to do, put your face in your hands when Barton launches another ball sixty yards into touch or watch players like O'Neil take three touchs to tidy a back pass up....Taarabt outside of the foot to Routledge...just watch it again....worth the money we have to pay! No question, get Adel in and try again, he's our player!

If Adel is an opportunity not a problem and it is Redknapp who cannot see it , why arent there a list of clubs ready to grab the opportunity ? ...Permanently .
Adel has arrived! on 21:56 - Jul 11 with 1753 views08olesen

He does seem to dive an awful lot and shoot from a long way out, which doesn't normally work. Having said that, the video also illustrates that he can play a disciplined role if he wants to, its therefore just a matter of steve and Harry getting him to.

Please dont give up on him Harry. The prospect of having to watch Karl Henry and Garry Oniel in midfield is not something which inspires confidence in this tough season ahead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024