Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket perspective 11:52 - Jul 11 with 3367 viewswelwynranger

After reading loads on here bemoaning the price of a gold S T. Just compere it to if you liked the theatre so you went once a month a good seat will cost between £60 to £80 a gold seat works out £40 per game for live entertainment and you dont know if its good or bad until the end
Season Ticket perspective on 11:58 - Jul 11 with 2631 viewshoof_hearted

Costs me about the same as the missus spends on the hairdresser in a year.

When she lets the grey show and gets a £10 trim 6 times a year I'll cancel my season ticket. (And kick the old cow into touch.)
Season Ticket perspective on 12:00 - Jul 11 with 2622 viewsloftboy

Season Ticket perspective on 11:58 - Jul 11 by hoof_hearted

Costs me about the same as the missus spends on the hairdresser in a year.

When she lets the grey show and gets a £10 trim 6 times a year I'll cancel my season ticket. (And kick the old cow into touch.)

My mrs hair cost 60 quid every 5 weeks, her nails 20 quid every fortnight, my season ticket works out cheaper. Not too mention her love of Radley handbags which she buys a couple of twice a year when the new ones come out at 180 quid a pop.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Season Ticket perspective on 12:02 - Jul 11 with 2612 viewsTacticalR

OK, but when you go to the hairdresser you have a guaranteed result.

At current prices we need something similar. I suggest a service-level agreement with guaranteed levels of performance and goals per game.

Air hostess clique

Season Ticket perspective on 12:04 - Jul 11 with 2607 viewshoof_hearted

Season Ticket perspective on 12:00 - Jul 11 by loftboy

My mrs hair cost 60 quid every 5 weeks, her nails 20 quid every fortnight, my season ticket works out cheaper. Not too mention her love of Radley handbags which she buys a couple of twice a year when the new ones come out at 180 quid a pop.

You could get a platinum ticket and a regular brass and still be better off.
Season Ticket perspective on 12:15 - Jul 11 with 2565 viewssimmo

I don't go to the theatre, because it's £60-£80 quid and I like football, which isn't a middle/upper class past time, it's a working class game built by fans, in our case by fans in a poor area. My problem is not even the higher prices, which are to be expected when in this cnt of a league, it's the fact that they didn't reward the people that had stayed with the club post relegation. Especially as it wasn't a plucky relegation that we just fell short for, it was a clusterfck of a season (2 seasons) where the soul of the club was removed and fans paid up to £50 a ticket to watch people whose fcks were left in the bank.

Apart from anything else, when is £40 enough for a matchday? Or £60 enough for a night in the theatre. There's food, drink, travel, etc. I am not saying the club should factor in how much people want to spend on those things in a match day, but it's never just the cost of a ticket.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Season Ticket perspective on 12:16 - Jul 11 with 2562 viewsQPunkR

So by this perspective, non-league clubs should be charging almost as much as us? I don't get it, sounds like someone casting about to make an extremely tenuous argument here.
Expensive is expensive.

QPR - "shit but local"

Season Ticket perspective on 12:54 - Jul 11 with 2484 views100percent

Season Ticket perspective on 12:02 - Jul 11 by TacticalR

OK, but when you go to the hairdresser you have a guaranteed result.

At current prices we need something similar. I suggest a service-level agreement with guaranteed levels of performance and goals per game.

And a little something for the weekend, sir??

I'm never happy with my bloody hair cuts, so the comparison is pretty much spot on....
Season Ticket perspective on 13:24 - Jul 11 with 2413 viewstoboboly

£41 for a football match is scandalous even if it were to watch a good team with guaranteed results. Fair enough if you can pay it but a lot of traditional fans cant and/or wont and as someone that pretty much only does away games now I can tell you that when I go back to Loftus I am often surrounded by complete tvvats. Either just wanting to "get on it" and don't care/know about footbnall or tourists or Jeffreys who again dont care about the football.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket perspective on 13:48 - Jul 11 with 2379 viewswelwynranger

Season Ticket perspective on 12:16 - Jul 11 by QPunkR

So by this perspective, non-league clubs should be charging almost as much as us? I don't get it, sounds like someone casting about to make an extremely tenuous argument here.
Expensive is expensive.

What do you call expensive
Season Ticket perspective on 14:07 - Jul 11 with 2352 viewssimmo

Season Ticket perspective on 13:48 - Jul 11 by welwynranger

What we're charging in relation to what the club will actually make. I think (and this has all been gone over before) that the good will you would recieve vs the 'loss' you would make by say, dropping gold down to £500, silver £450, etc would outweigh what the club will make with the current tariff.

The club make their money through TV, that's the real quiz as far as QPR is concerned, compared to gate receipts, which is neglible, you should take a minimal hit on ST sales to increase the numbers and keep everyone happy, rather than take it as far as you think you can dare and make it difficult for most and impossible for some.

Season Ticket perspective on 14:22 - Jul 11 with 2335 viewsNorthernr

I've heard this theatre comparison before and it boils my pis.

1 - You know what you're getting at the theatre. You can read reviews, you can speak to people who saw it before you, you can research the plot, you can look at the author or the actor's previous work. You've a really good idea before you step in there what you're going to get. At the football Holland v Argentina can be the most boring thing you've ever seen in your life and Algeria v South Korea the most entertaining. You're shelling out without knowing.

2 - At the theatre you're treated very well. They give you a nice comfortable seat where you can sit and have a drink in the warm. They say hello when you walk through the door and they show you to your seat. They let you order your interval drink beforehand so you don't have to queue at half time. They say "I hope you enjoy the performance" and "look forward to seeing you again soon". It feels like they want you there.

At the football, by and large, you're treated like absolute sht. For a start the match might not even take place on the day and time they said it would, it might shift after you've booked work holiday and travel. They might decide to throw you out halfway through for daring to stand up or, at Manchester United, just to make a point that they can. They might decide to force you to drink in a certain crowded pub, out of a plastic glass, and tell you when you have to leave that pub. They might decide to trap you in the stadium for 30 minutes afterwards. They'll totally rip you off at the end of insufferable queues for sub-standard food and drink and if you try and bring your own to counter this they'll take it off you at the turnstile. Quite often - Everton, West Ham, Arsenal - you'll be given a seat with no view of the pitch, and no roof or alternatively - Sunderland, Newcastle - so high and far away from the pitch that you've not a single fcking clue what's going on at the far end. More often than not you can come away with the impression that they'd rather you just fcked off and died than turn up again the following week.

3 - Theatres are in city centres, surrounded by bars, pubs and restaurants which you can have your unrestricted choice of and are - usually - well maintained. Football grounds that are in city centres are often in a poor state while the club bankrupts itself buying players, and the surrounding pubs are segregated. Most new grounds are in the middle of butt fck nowhere with no train station, inadequate parking, and only a Frankie and Bennies within 25 minutes walk.

4 - People don't support a theatre. They may like it, it may be their favourite thing, but nobody has the same sort of community link, family connection, deeply ingrained feeling towards a theatre or a play as they do to a football team. If people can't afford a theatre ticket they don't buy one. If people can't afford a football ticket, often they buy it anyway. Yes they're stupid, yes it's their problem, but it's irresponsible to start charging £52 a time when that's the case. A football club should be an asset to its local community, not a drain on it.

5 - Championship teams play 6 or 7 times a month. premier League sides 4 times a month. I doubt even Bill Kenwright goes to the theatre that much.

6 - I've never been rained on in a theatre. I've never been cold. I've never had sleet blow in my face. I've never had some fat tattooed scumbag in a Wolves shirt hoik a big ball of spit from the back of his throat and deposit it down my back. I've never felt threatened or been threatened at a theatre. I've never seen a fight at a theatre and I've never not been able to go into a toilet cubicle at a theatre because there's a queue of scumbags snorting coke off the toilet seat.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Season Ticket perspective on 14:24 - Jul 11 with 2330 viewsNorthernr

Season Ticket perspective on 13:48 - Jul 11 by welwynranger

Anything more than £35 a seat for a Premier League match is taking the pis IMO. That would make my season ticket £665 if they offered no discount at all and that's still fcking expensive. My season ticket is £710.
Season Ticket perspective on 14:46 - Jul 11 with 2302 viewsterryb

A great reply Clive.

Can I just add that if you can't afford a theatre ticket in London you can wait (maybe for a while) until the play tours the country & the price is decreased. The play is still the same.

This does not apply to watching football. Each game is a one off.
Season Ticket perspective on 14:53 - Jul 11 with 2286 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season Ticket perspective on 12:15 - Jul 11 by simmo

I don't go to the theatre, because it's £60-£80 quid and I like football, which isn't a middle/upper class past time, it's a working class game built by fans, in our case by fans in a poor area. My problem is not even the higher prices, which are to be expected when in this cnt of a league, it's the fact that they didn't reward the people that had stayed with the club post relegation. Especially as it wasn't a plucky relegation that we just fell short for, it was a clusterfck of a season (2 seasons) where the soul of the club was removed and fans paid up to £50 a ticket to watch people whose fcks were left in the bank.

Apart from anything else, when is £40 enough for a matchday? Or £60 enough for a night in the theatre. There's food, drink, travel, etc. I am not saying the club should factor in how much people want to spend on those things in a match day, but it's never just the cost of a ticket.

you don't like the theatre because it's a middle/upper class pastime Simmo?
That seems very narrow-minded mate! Or is that not what you meant? Should working class people only enjoy working class things?

and of course, the club did 'reward' (an odd word to use) those fans who stayed with the club after relegation - ST prices were reduced by about 30% while we were in the Champ weren't they?

Although I do think the current ST prices are too much, I'm not surprised by them.

Bare bones.

Season Ticket perspective on 14:59 - Jul 11 with 2273 viewsdaveB

I paid 80 quid to see Monty Python last week at the 02, bloody brilliant it was and I'm a big fan but they are on again next week and no way am I paying it again, it's on tv so I'll watch that and this is how football is going, pay big money for 1 game a season and watch the rest on the box It won't be long before you have half empty stadiums, already going that way at clubs like Aston Villa.
Season Ticket perspective on 15:01 - Jul 11 with 2262 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season Ticket perspective on 14:59 - Jul 11 by daveB

I paid 80 quid to see Monty Python last week at the 02, bloody brilliant it was and I'm a big fan but they are on again next week and no way am I paying it again, it's on tv so I'll watch that and this is how football is going, pay big money for 1 game a season and watch the rest on the box It won't be long before you have half empty stadiums, already going that way at clubs like Aston Villa.

although if that happens dave, prices will come down to a more natural level. In fact, that's the only way they will come down.
Not sure Villa's attendances have much to do with pricing. It's just bloody dreadful, turgid football!

Bare bones.

Season Ticket perspective on 15:11 - Jul 11 with 2242 viewsQPunkR

As pretty much bloody always, well said to Clive and Simmo.

Anyone who thinks QPR isn't either expensive or too expensive is either too rich for their own good (in which case they can give me half their money if they want) or just live on another planet completely

QPR - "shit but local"

Season Ticket perspective on 15:17 - Jul 11 with 2224 viewsMatch82

I honestly think there's a club here who could make a killing.

The first relatively established premier league club that says "fck it, the money we get from season/match day tickets is a drop in the ocean compared to TV and other money" will be building a fan base for the future that they can profit from for the next 50 years. Not in the cost of tickets, but all of the other associated costs - merchandise, higher sponsorship revenue (because there would be more fans) etc.

Not to mention the great PR that this would get.
Season Ticket perspective on 15:21 - Jul 11 with 2211 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season Ticket perspective on 15:17 - Jul 11 by Match82

I honestly think there's a club here who could make a killing.

The first relatively established premier league club that says "fck it, the money we get from season/match day tickets is a drop in the ocean compared to TV and other money" will be building a fan base for the future that they can profit from for the next 50 years. Not in the cost of tickets, but all of the other associated costs - merchandise, higher sponsorship revenue (because there would be more fans) etc.

Not to mention the great PR that this would get.

Fact is though, Match, no team needs to do this because overall attendances are pretty much healthier than ever across all divisions. But totally agree prices are crazy.

Bare bones.

Season Ticket perspective on 15:32 - Jul 11 with 2195 viewssimmo

Season Ticket perspective on 14:53 - Jul 11 by Antti_Heinola

you don't like the theatre because it's a middle/upper class pastime Simmo?
That seems very narrow-minded mate! Or is that not what you meant? Should working class people only enjoy working class things?

and of course, the club did 'reward' (an odd word to use) those fans who stayed with the club after relegation - ST prices were reduced by about 30% while we were in the Champ weren't they?

Although I do think the current ST prices are too much, I'm not surprised by them.

I love the theatre mate, went a few weeks back (although its still very rare for me to go generally). I just mean the theatre is not something you generally do once a week or fortnight, for most people it's a one off here and there for an anniversary, treat type thing, or to see a show that people have been raving about particularly. Well that's my perspective of it anyway. You see anyone and everyone at the football, try going to see Le Mis in a QPR top and dirty trainers.

Also I appreciate the prices were reduced when we went down and I am not surprised about the hike, I just think people telling me it's not that expensive cos they can go to the football twice for every 1 theatre trip or because their wife pays too much for regular haircuts, is bollocks.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 15:34]

Season Ticket perspective on 15:54 - Jul 11 with 2166 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season Ticket perspective on 15:32 - Jul 11 by simmo

I love the theatre mate, went a few weeks back (although its still very rare for me to go generally). I just mean the theatre is not something you generally do once a week or fortnight, for most people it's a one off here and there for an anniversary, treat type thing, or to see a show that people have been raving about particularly. Well that's my perspective of it anyway. You see anyone and everyone at the football, try going to see Le Mis in a QPR top and dirty trainers.

Also I appreciate the prices were reduced when we went down and I am not surprised about the hike, I just think people telling me it's not that expensive cos they can go to the football twice for every 1 theatre trip or because their wife pays too much for regular haircuts, is bollocks.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2014 15:34]

aha, thanks for clearing that up. Came close to disagreeing with you for once there!
In total agreement.

Bare bones.

Season Ticket perspective on 15:56 - Jul 11 with 2164 viewsak68

A fairer price comparison would be between the cost of the play-off final and a trip to a West End play. Both expensive but a rare excursion where the customer is treated well, gets a good view etc.

I regularly go to the Bush Theatre where most plays cost £15-20 with about four productions per year. They give members 10% discounts on tickets and at their bar. They even do mini season tickets where you get three plays for the price of two so the cost falls to about £13 per play.

The Bush theatre may not be the Prem but it compares well with a £15 ticket for the Orient friendly.
Season Ticket perspective on 16:10 - Jul 11 with 2139 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Seems the majority of people on here have sadly been sucked into the falsity that we are customers (or clients according to ST card) and not football fans anymore.

Shame. It wasn't that long ago we had buckets outside the ground. I know I wouldn't do that for the Hammersmith Apollo.
Season Ticket perspective on 16:33 - Jul 11 with 2119 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket perspective on 14:07 - Jul 11 by simmo

What we're charging in relation to what the club will actually make. I think (and this has all been gone over before) that the good will you would recieve vs the 'loss' you would make by say, dropping gold down to £500, silver £450, etc would outweigh what the club will make with the current tariff.

The club make their money through TV, that's the real quiz as far as QPR is concerned, compared to gate receipts, which is neglible, you should take a minimal hit on ST sales to increase the numbers and keep everyone happy, rather than take it as far as you think you can dare and make it difficult for most and impossible for some.

Like it or not ST's have sold out so how can the numbers increase
Season Ticket perspective on 17:09 - Jul 11 with 2092 viewssimmo

Season Ticket perspective on 16:33 - Jul 11 by QPR_John

Like it or not ST's have sold out so how can the numbers increase

I meant the numbers of renewals, and the ST have only 'sold out' because they cap the number sold so they can make money on match day tickets.

They will sell out anyway because we're now in the Premier League and people will renew out of blind loyalty, even if they can't really afford it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024