Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed 22:58 - Jul 14 with 9201 viewsBrazilNutR

couldn't find this posted before....
Suggests we may end up keeping Remy... if none of the Champions league clubs want him. But not sure why they wouldn't buy him, and sell him on if they are not that keen. 8.5 million is peanuts for a big club..for a proven goalscorer..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/loic-remy-transfer-twist-qp
Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 15:02 - Jul 15 with 2085 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 13:42 - Jul 15 by Billy_Kershaw

Interesting that this information is released at this particular moment.

I can only assume that it has come from the club or the player/agent, to encourage offers?

Either way, surely it points to Remy leaving, at such a low-price?

Good thinking, Billy. You may well be right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 15:07 - Jul 15 with 2068 viewsadhoc_qpr

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 15:02 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Good thinking, Billy. You may well be right.

But that really means Arsenal and Liverpool are his only options for a cheap escape - and if he won't drop his wage demands that rules Arsenal out...
Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 15:12 - Jul 15 with 2057 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 15:07 - Jul 15 by adhoc_qpr

But that really means Arsenal and Liverpool are his only options for a cheap escape - and if he won't drop his wage demands that rules Arsenal out...

Possibly, ya. It's all specualtion anyway.

He looks like he may fit in to Liverpool but I have my doubts that he's good enough to 'replace' Suarez.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 16:17 - Jul 15 with 2021 viewsMatch82

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 10:32 - Jul 15 by qpr1976

Just to add another angle......What if ?

Newcastle wanted Remy, but didn't want to pay £15 but would be willing to pay £10m.
Arsenal didn't want him, but offered to buy him for £8.5m, then selling him immediately for £10m to Newcastle ?
£1.5m profit Boom and we lose out.

Unlikely, but remember Clive Allen/Kenny Samson Arsenal/C.Palace carve up ?

I doubt they'd do same to help Spurs out though.....

If they were smart about it, then there's likely a sell on clause too.

If that's 25%, then Arsenal (for instance) would get 10m from Newcastle, but would have to pay 8.5 + 25%*10 = 11m

Would make this an unprofitable venture for Arsenal...
Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 16:20 - Jul 15 with 2012 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11341833._/
Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 16:21 - Jul 15 with 2011 viewsadhoc_qpr

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 15:12 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Possibly, ya. It's all specualtion anyway.

He looks like he may fit in to Liverpool but I have my doubts that he's good enough to 'replace' Suarez.

Remy is more of a Sturridge replacement than Suarez i'd say.

As you say though, it's all speculation at this stage.
Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 16:32 - Jul 15 with 1993 viewsjamois

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 10:38 - Jul 15 by Discodroid

can some one splice together a venn diagram a sawtooth configuration and the perodic tables so i can understand the detail of remys contract.

only magnus pike on mescallin could unravel this rich taperstry

Simpler than a Venn.....

Probability of Remy staying: 11% (up from 0%)
Probability of Remy leaving: 89% (down from 100%)

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 16:43 - Jul 15 with 1969 viewsBklynRanger

To give this a positive spin, the sliding scale stuff may have been disclosed to try to clear out some enquiries and get Remy to focus more seriously on the idea of staying with us.

I'd guess he'll be due down at training with us tomorrow, by which point HR will hope to have Rio making an appearance. Add in four or five more decent players, let him see that the team(s) he wants to go to aren't going to pay him what he wants and see if he fancies the idea of settling for QPR for another year.

I'm sure that's what TF wants and there's no reason to think it wouldn't suit HR either. The idea of this dragging on for weeks can't be appealing to anyone. I know I'm fcuking sick of it by now.
Login to get fewer ads

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 16:44 - Jul 15 with 1966 viewsHAYESBOY

He will need a lift wherever he is going.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 17:04 - Jul 15 with 1929 viewspaulparker

im all for Remy staying, loved him the short time he was with us and he is definitely a class player
but I get the feeling that if he were to stay another season , he would be 2 games on 3 off injured and be half arsing around till the January transfer window ,
if he is staying then the management need to be on him and making sure he is committed to the cause

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 17:56 - Jul 15 with 1875 viewsbaz_qpr

People assume it's just the foreigners there was clearly a rift between the French speaking players and the English players particularly those from the promotion squad and I don't think it was a coincidence that a couple of those who could clearly do a job for us in the championship were also shipped out
Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 18:01 - Jul 15 with 1863 viewsTacticalR

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 16:32 - Jul 15 by jamois

Simpler than a Venn.....

Probability of Remy staying: 11% (up from 0%)
Probability of Remy leaving: 89% (down from 100%)

'I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind.'
Lord Kelvin, 1883

Air hostess clique

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 19:09 - Jul 15 with 1806 viewsjamois

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 18:01 - Jul 15 by TacticalR

'I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind.'
Lord Kelvin, 1883

So you are using your pithy quote to suggest what exactly?

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 19:44 - Jul 15 with 1774 viewsTacticalR

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 19:09 - Jul 15 by jamois

So you are using your pithy quote to suggest what exactly?

That with your figures we know something about the probability of Rémy staying, and therefore our knowledge is no longer of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind.

Air hostess clique

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 20:14 - Jul 15 with 1754 viewsjamois

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 19:44 - Jul 15 by TacticalR

That with your figures we know something about the probability of Rémy staying, and therefore our knowledge is no longer of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind.

But I thought it was clear - I know nothing!

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 02:56 - Jul 16 with 1608 viewsDylanP

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 13:55 - Jul 15 by RangersDave

And they blinded him with science!

The article states:

"Ferdinand, who picked up around £200,000-a-week before being released by United last month, is set to earn a basic salary of £30,000-40,000-a-week, with a bonus on top based on appearances and starts.

The BBC TV World Cup pundit is set for talks with Rangers chiefs to finalise the deal, but it is understood he is keen to play for one more year in the Premier League, to be based in London and to work again with Redknapp, under whom he started his career at West Ham."

This sounds almost too sensible!!!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remy - sliding scale release clause is revealed on 07:42 - Jul 16 with 1561 viewsderbyhoop

Remy wants to join a Champions League club.
He wants to stay in London
He wants a wage of £80-90K per week.

Nothing like keeping your options open.

Arsenal won't pay those wages for a player who was behind Giroud in the pecking order.
The scum have just signed Diego Costa for £32m.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024