Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! 16:21 - Jul 15 with 5547 viewsNov77

"Bobby called me this morning - he's going to re-sign for QPR so that it is a definite."

http://www.newsatden.co.uk/37526-fuller-to-discuss-millwall-deal-but-zamora-clos

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 16:40 - Jul 15 with 4086 viewsTacticalR

We know he can't play a whole game, but bring him after an hour and he can be effective.

Air hostess clique

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 16:44 - Jul 15 with 4047 viewsDiscodroid

on hearing this news , i cannot express my joy through the sphere and parameters and indeed confines of normal human emotion....

whoopee.

praise the lord.

thats really, really great.

just rio ferdinand to sign now and then i can combust as my excitement reaches solar flare levels.

[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 16:47]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 16:47 - Jul 15 with 4035 viewsJonDoeman

Great news. Cult hero .

It Is What It Is !!

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 17:12 - Jul 15 with 3880 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Would much prefer to see a young, injury-free, energetic player with a resale value and low wages. So I'm not mad about this idea at all.

However, I won't view it in isolation. Let's wait and see. If we carry on down the Rio Zamorra Road we've learned shag all, but if we sign the two ol' farts and suround them with up-and-coming talent then I'll be as happy as a boy who's got a special reason to be happy.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 17:15 - Jul 15 with 3840 viewsBluce_Ree

Meh. Two goals next season. Tops.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 17:53 - Jul 15 with 3686 viewsAntti_Heinola

profoundly depressing. The joke is, had Derby won and we were in a division below, the idea of BZ staying would be laughed out of town. But fate deals him a different hand. Twice he completes 90 minutes in a year and we sign him again.
Remind me what lessons Beard and TF say we've learnt?
A leopard doesn't change his spots. Was hoping Redknapp might, but sadly he won't. Zamora might be a cult hero to Joe, but he won't be to me or many others. Grateful for the goal, to be sure, a wonderful moment, one of the best. But that should have been that.

Bare bones.

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 17:56 - Jul 15 with 3668 viewsLblock

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 17:12 - Jul 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Would much prefer to see a young, injury-free, energetic player with a resale value and low wages. So I'm not mad about this idea at all.

However, I won't view it in isolation. Let's wait and see. If we carry on down the Rio Zamorra Road we've learned shag all, but if we sign the two ol' farts and suround them with up-and-coming talent then I'll be as happy as a boy who's got a special reason to be happy.

I drove down Rio Zamora Road once -- it was incredibly rocky, in need of continuous maintenance and ended up being a dead end anyway.

The Bungle Boys just cant help themselves can they?
(IF confirmed etc,etc)

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 18:03 - Jul 15 with 3637 viewsheadhoops

Please no - love him for that goal but that should be his swansong.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 18:18 - Jul 15 with 3568 viewsted_hendrix

Get fcking rid.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 18:28 - Jul 15 with 3515 viewsDiscodroid

i dont know what bobby is going to be paid, but why oh why by the cruel twisted sneer of dianne abott can we not utilise these funds in other areas????.

terrible use of our resources... ive no doubt if harry can get the 3 iron out gary oniels gloved hand , he'll swap it with a mont blanc and get him to sign on the dotted line as well.

all this and now rio ferdinands stint in' never the twain' has come to an end we can have him join us too.

is keith barron availble?
[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 18:30]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 18:30 - Jul 15 with 3525 viewsqueensparker

Pleased we'll get the chance to sing that song at Loftus Road and keep the play-off feelgood factor going for a bit (in the likely absence of any actual goals)
Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 19:00 - Jul 15 with 3428 viewsAgedR

If you analyse Zamora's contribution over a couple of years it has been poor. But I think it's worth remembering that for a lot of this period he has been injured (yes he shouldn't have been signed, but, that was down to Hughes stupidity).

During the relegation season he was patently playing through pain, which I see as a decent show of character. You could argue that he didn't get to anywhere near full fitness until the Forest game and from then in he made enormously influential impact on matches.

So there is an argument to say we are finally signing a fit Zamora (I'm not holding my breath there, but, it's feasible).

He also provides continuity with the team spirit that got us over the line last season. This was my biggest criticism of Warnock, in that he jettisoned a lot of the team that brought the first promotion season success. Zamora represents one of a core of experienced pros that can potential add know how to our performances. It also shows Rangers as a club who show loyalty, which is something we did the opposite of in our treatment if a Green by that twonk Hughes.

The squad is shaping up, we will need at least four strikers. Charlie + 2 and Zamora. If his form is anything like it was when he was fit and playing (admittedly with one eye on a new contract) then he could be a valuable option.

And talking of value, if he was talking yo Olly at Millwall (and I know it's not really proved) then it would suggest that he will be on a much worse contract financially than he was.

We'll see, but, he's got enough man love credit banked with me after Wembley for me to give him the benefit of the doubt for another season.
[Post edited 15 Jul 2014 19:02]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 19:30 - Jul 15 with 3318 viewsSterlingArcher

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 19:00 - Jul 15 by AgedR

If you analyse Zamora's contribution over a couple of years it has been poor. But I think it's worth remembering that for a lot of this period he has been injured (yes he shouldn't have been signed, but, that was down to Hughes stupidity).

During the relegation season he was patently playing through pain, which I see as a decent show of character. You could argue that he didn't get to anywhere near full fitness until the Forest game and from then in he made enormously influential impact on matches.

So there is an argument to say we are finally signing a fit Zamora (I'm not holding my breath there, but, it's feasible).

He also provides continuity with the team spirit that got us over the line last season. This was my biggest criticism of Warnock, in that he jettisoned a lot of the team that brought the first promotion season success. Zamora represents one of a core of experienced pros that can potential add know how to our performances. It also shows Rangers as a club who show loyalty, which is something we did the opposite of in our treatment if a Green by that twonk Hughes.

The squad is shaping up, we will need at least four strikers. Charlie + 2 and Zamora. If his form is anything like it was when he was fit and playing (admittedly with one eye on a new contract) then he could be a valuable option.

And talking of value, if he was talking yo Olly at Millwall (and I know it's not really proved) then it would suggest that he will be on a much worse contract financially than he was.

We'll see, but, he's got enough man love credit banked with me after Wembley for me to give him the benefit of the doubt for another season.

Sign him for One Year performance/appearance related Pay.
Offer £5k at the most and see how much he wants to play for us then !!

Right who's next ?!
Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 20:23 - Jul 15 with 3210 viewsSomersetHoops

There are so many rumours around, but it is concerning that the first positive signs are about players in their mid 30's and players like Remy and Granero (if reports are to be believed) can't wait to get away from QPR and although are in demand from other clubs have only negative vibes at QPR. Zamora needs to be on a very low wage and a per game played bonus and it needs to be realised that his days of playing 90 minutes are over.

Harry says he wants players, but I fear we will have another intake of overpaid, overage, duffers that nobody else wants unless we can find and persuade some young good quality players to join QPR. I don't put Rio in that category as I think he has a lot to offer in bringing on younger players - if only we had any. Our back line is in danger of looking like a pensioners coach party unless we do something about it a bit smartish.

Who's Next?

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 20:27 - Jul 15 with 3193 viewsYorkRanger

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 18:18 - Jul 15 by ted_hendrix

Get fcking rid.

Generally I find Ted the voice of reason
Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 21:42 - Jul 15 with 3047 viewsderbyhoop

Average PL wages are £25-35k per week. Zamora, allegedly, has been offered £15 on a 12 month deal. We'll need 4 strikers. At the moment we only have Remy and Austin contracted at the moment, and Remy is probably going. As a short term fix, its not the worst solution.
I'd love to sign a 22-25 year old but, for that, the transfer fee would be £5m and wages of £30k plus. If there's any of them available.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 22:00 - Jul 15 with 2984 viewsfacto

heart says give him a contract head says....thanks for the great memory bobby!
Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 22:08 - Jul 15 with 2954 viewsfrancisbowles

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 19:00 - Jul 15 by AgedR

Good post. I have to add that it wasn't just Wembley but a few other sub appearances on the run in that were good or better. Also agree with other views about the lack of signed strikers and availability of good young'ish ones.
Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 22:12 - Jul 15 with 2939 viewsfacto

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 17:15 - Jul 15 by Bluce_Ree

Meh. Two goals next season. Tops.

thats three more than will keane woulda got then!
Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 22:51 - Jul 15 with 2807 viewsted_hendrix

If my memory serves me well Redknapp told BZ way back in January of this year that he was free to find another club, so what exactly is different now?
If you blokes think he'd make a good 'impact sub' for the last 10-20 minutes in the Prem then I'm saying no he wont, the Prem is full of some of the best defenders in the world and they'll have an ageing BZ all day long.
Just for one minute imagine if BZ belonged to another club and we signed him today on a one year contract, Jesus wept I'd go apeshit as most fans would.
I was as amazed as most fans with BZ's recent performances, in fact I was so bloody amazed I asked myself more than once why have we waited so bloody long for those performances?
I so want us to keep the nucleus of our promotion winning side but that doesn't include BZ, not for me it doesn't anyway.
Cast your mind back to Michu's first appearance at LR even before the bastard scored his two goals you could see how clever he was on the pitch what made it worse was finding out later that Swansea only paid I think £2 million for him! those players are out there, they are the ones we should be looking for.

Anyway, I'm talking bolox

As for loyalty from the club, I'm not into all stuff he's been well paid I should imagine and is probably a millionaire.
Time for him to go elsewhere and ply his trade, we could use the space his squad number would take up.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 05:48 - Jul 16 with 2637 viewsqprmick

On his day,a beast, but

how many days has he got in the tank? I was praying for him to come on in that final.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2014 5:50]

Qprmick

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 07:37 - Jul 16 with 2565 viewsHAYESBOY

Official...............sort of.

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/160714-bobby-zamoras-top-five-qpr-games-176005

Smells like a trout farm in here

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 07:46 - Jul 16 with 2548 viewsJonDoeman

Plus him coming off the bench will liven our library up!!!

It Is What It Is !!

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 08:17 - Jul 16 with 2478 viewsJonDoeman

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 22:51 - Jul 15 by ted_hendrix

If my memory serves me well Redknapp told BZ way back in January of this year that he was free to find another club, so what exactly is different now?
If you blokes think he'd make a good 'impact sub' for the last 10-20 minutes in the Prem then I'm saying no he wont, the Prem is full of some of the best defenders in the world and they'll have an ageing BZ all day long.
Just for one minute imagine if BZ belonged to another club and we signed him today on a one year contract, Jesus wept I'd go apeshit as most fans would.
I was as amazed as most fans with BZ's recent performances, in fact I was so bloody amazed I asked myself more than once why have we waited so bloody long for those performances?
I so want us to keep the nucleus of our promotion winning side but that doesn't include BZ, not for me it doesn't anyway.
Cast your mind back to Michu's first appearance at LR even before the bastard scored his two goals you could see how clever he was on the pitch what made it worse was finding out later that Swansea only paid I think £2 million for him! those players are out there, they are the ones we should be looking for.

Anyway, I'm talking bolox

As for loyalty from the club, I'm not into all stuff he's been well paid I should imagine and is probably a millionaire.
Time for him to go elsewhere and ply his trade, we could use the space his squad number would take up.

You could be right Ted, & we've all been fooled!

It Is What It Is !!

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 08:23 - Jul 16 with 2460 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oh Bobby Zamora!!!!! on 08:17 - Jul 16 by JonDoeman

You could be right Ted, & we've all been fooled!

If Ted's right, the ones who've been fooled are Redknapp and Fernandes. Judging by this thread, there'll be little surprise on here if Zamorra returns to type.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024