Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie new contract. 10:08 - Nov 11 with 2488 viewsTheBlob

Please god yes.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/charlie-austin-set-to-earn-over-50000-a

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Charlie new contract. on 10:13 - Nov 11 with 2458 viewssimmo

Jesus, 50k....

Be good to give him an extension though.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlie new contract. on 10:15 - Nov 11 with 2448 viewsstowmarketrange

Unfortunately a new contract just means we'd get more for him if he leaves.
On the plus side,it could mean that BZ's price might go up too because Charlie plays better with him alongside him.
Charlie new contract. on 10:32 - Nov 11 with 2365 viewsLoft1979

Charlie new contract. on 10:15 - Nov 11 by stowmarketrange

Unfortunately a new contract just means we'd get more for him if he leaves.
On the plus side,it could mean that BZ's price might go up too because Charlie plays better with him alongside him.

Problem: Its too early. Can we survive first?
Next we would need new contracts for Joey, Dunne, Yun, BZ (as stated). Plus Isla and Vargas.
Charlie new contract. on 12:13 - Nov 11 with 2210 viewsSpiritofGregory

Charlie new contract. on 10:32 - Nov 11 by Loft1979

Problem: Its too early. Can we survive first?
Next we would need new contracts for Joey, Dunne, Yun, BZ (as stated). Plus Isla and Vargas.

Can't see Dunne getting another contract, think we'll opt to sign another younger defender like Caulker. Joey will have to take at least a 50% pay cut.

Yun will be a priority, Vargas and Isla well, we'll have to wait and see. I'm sure that this time the club will include relegation clauses in contracts.
Charlie new contract. on 12:21 - Nov 11 with 2180 viewssimmo

Did we definitely have an option to take both Vagas and Isla at the end of the season? If the wages are reasonable I would love us to sign Vargas, I know it's early days with him but looks a class act.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Charlie new contract. on 13:03 - Nov 11 with 2082 viewsbosh67

I think £50K is going to have to be the club wage cap in future. Even that isn't sustainable.

I think there needs to be a new way in which players get paid, some of it in wages, other parts in image rights and perhaps even a % of any end of year club profits. Current way across the Prem is wholly unsustainable.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Charlie new contract. on 14:25 - Nov 11 with 1936 viewswhittocksRs

Wouldn't say the £50,000 stated is necessary true, but we are going to have to go somewhere near there to ward off others. Makes me very uneasy, but the last thing we want is for a contarct stand-off to start and for him to be into his last season with us next year with his value - which must be huge no, £10-15m maybe? - decreasing.
Charlie new contract. on 14:50 - Nov 11 with 1901 viewsBklynRanger

I love how it's now at the stage of Hodgson 'leaving him out' for England's upcoming fixtures.

That kind of exaggeration is part of why I really don't want to hear about this now, so hopefully there's not much in it.

Now that he has some proper support Charlie certainly does look to be finding his feet, but Shirley the sensible thing is to let him keep doing that until Xmas and then see how things are?
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie new contract. on 15:30 - Nov 11 with 1847 viewskensalriser

Charlie new contract. on 13:03 - Nov 11 by bosh67

I think £50K is going to have to be the club wage cap in future. Even that isn't sustainable.

I think there needs to be a new way in which players get paid, some of it in wages, other parts in image rights and perhaps even a % of any end of year club profits. Current way across the Prem is wholly unsustainable.

I have some sympathy with Ingham's you get paid when you win approach.

Modest basic with appearance and win bonuses. Would stop players like SWP et al staying put to keep the cash rolling. But probably unrealistic as players will just sign for the next club.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Charlie new contract. on 15:30 - Nov 11 with 1845 viewsThGrimRanger

Charlie new contract. on 10:13 - Nov 11 by simmo

Jesus, 50k....

Be good to give him an extension though.

apparently he's currently on 28K a week, so well under half what SWP gets.

TheGrimRanger

Charlie new contract. on 16:06 - Nov 11 with 1807 viewsjohncharles

Hold out till January Charlie. If we really are going to pay Defoe £90 grand a week you're worth a lot more than him.

Strong and stable my arse.

Charlie new contract. on 08:50 - Nov 12 with 1553 viewstooting_hoop

Where does this stuff come from? I can't believe the comms team ring up a journalist and say "we want CA to sign a new contract and we're thinking of offering him 50k.

The journalist hasn't even bothered with an ambiguous 'Loftus road insider' or 'the evening standard understands'

I would bet that this is simply completely made up.

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

Charlie new contract. on 12:36 - Nov 12 with 1504 viewswhittocksRs

Probably his agent putting a figure out there after Rangers said they wanted to give him a contract extension.
Charlie new contract. on 13:56 - Nov 12 with 1453 viewsNorthernr

Charlie new contract. on 08:50 - Nov 12 by tooting_hoop

Where does this stuff come from? I can't believe the comms team ring up a journalist and say "we want CA to sign a new contract and we're thinking of offering him 50k.

The journalist hasn't even bothered with an ambiguous 'Loftus road insider' or 'the evening standard understands'

I would bet that this is simply completely made up.

Agent almost certainly. Four goals in three games and now every other club conveniently knows how much he's earning and when the deal ends.

The thing that annoys me is that newspapers and Sky are complicit in this game. Any other area of news, if somebody with a vested interest like that brought you a story you'd get it double sourced, in football an agent coming and saying "my client's going to Spurs" or "my client's just been offered a new deal" is published automatically, even though the news agency is completely aware that the agent is only doing it to try and force a better deal for his client, or get his name out there so clubs know he's available.
Charlie new contract. on 14:03 - Nov 12 with 1440 viewswhittocksRs

Charlie new contract. on 13:56 - Nov 12 by Northernr

Agent almost certainly. Four goals in three games and now every other club conveniently knows how much he's earning and when the deal ends.

The thing that annoys me is that newspapers and Sky are complicit in this game. Any other area of news, if somebody with a vested interest like that brought you a story you'd get it double sourced, in football an agent coming and saying "my client's going to Spurs" or "my client's just been offered a new deal" is published automatically, even though the news agency is completely aware that the agent is only doing it to try and force a better deal for his client, or get his name out there so clubs know he's available.

Too good to check :)
Charlie new contract. on 14:11 - Nov 12 with 1427 viewsrsonist

Jesus were we really paying him 28k a week in the Championship? That is obscene.
Charlie new contract. on 14:12 - Nov 12 with 1418 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie new contract. on 14:11 - Nov 12 by rsonist

Jesus were we really paying him 28k a week in the Championship? That is obscene.

When you consider what his goals meant for the club £s wise, even if we get relegated after one season, then its not really.
Charlie new contract. on 14:13 - Nov 12 with 1417 viewsTheBlob

Charlie new contract. on 14:11 - Nov 12 by rsonist

Considering the rewards for getting promoted I'd say that was back pocket change.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Charlie new contract. on 14:34 - Nov 12 with 1378 viewsNorthernr

Charlie new contract. on 14:03 - Nov 12 by whittocksRs

Too good to check :)

It really gets on my tits, as I may have mentioned a time or two. On deadline day it's not unusual to have three of the gormless pricks in car parks all saying their sources have told them the club they're standing outside is definitely, definitely signing Peter Crouch (for instance) and then the gormless one at Stoke saying he's definitely not leaving. What sort of fcking news channel lets four reporters come on one after the other and report four entirely contradictory stories as fact?

Couple of years ago my potato head who goes to Newcastle on deadline day for them spent the entire day saying "Bryan Ruiz, Costa Rica forward doing a medical now we understand, due at the ground any minute to sign the deal we understand, definitely coming, bit of a hold up, be here any second, definitely a Newcastle player, Bryan Ruiz, Newcastle, definitely, all done and dusted, here any second, medical, Bryan Ruiz."

He did it for ten hours straight, and then at half ten Ruiz signed for Fulham. Sky should have been fcking embarrassed, instead we had Jim White talking about the magic of deadline day, and crazy scenes and saying things like "all day Bryan Ruiz has been set for Newcastle, now suddenly he's a Fulham player". No mate, all day somebody has been feeding your man a crock of fcking sht and you've been reporting it to us as fact. In any other news organisation that's something requiring a correction, not something to be shouting from the fcking roof tops.
Charlie new contract. on 14:38 - Nov 12 with 1371 viewsrsonist

History is written by the victors...

This is a player who never played at the top level, signed from Burnley, without anyone else in for him. And he'd failed a medical at Hull which even if it was nonsense still gave us leverage. He wouldn't have been on more than 10k there so why hand him three times that? It may have all worked out beautifully this time but TF is still playing fast and loose.
Charlie new contract. on 16:44 - Nov 12 with 1305 viewswhittocksRs

Charlie new contract. on 14:34 - Nov 12 by Northernr

It really gets on my tits, as I may have mentioned a time or two. On deadline day it's not unusual to have three of the gormless pricks in car parks all saying their sources have told them the club they're standing outside is definitely, definitely signing Peter Crouch (for instance) and then the gormless one at Stoke saying he's definitely not leaving. What sort of fcking news channel lets four reporters come on one after the other and report four entirely contradictory stories as fact?

Couple of years ago my potato head who goes to Newcastle on deadline day for them spent the entire day saying "Bryan Ruiz, Costa Rica forward doing a medical now we understand, due at the ground any minute to sign the deal we understand, definitely coming, bit of a hold up, be here any second, definitely a Newcastle player, Bryan Ruiz, Newcastle, definitely, all done and dusted, here any second, medical, Bryan Ruiz."

He did it for ten hours straight, and then at half ten Ruiz signed for Fulham. Sky should have been fcking embarrassed, instead we had Jim White talking about the magic of deadline day, and crazy scenes and saying things like "all day Bryan Ruiz has been set for Newcastle, now suddenly he's a Fulham player". No mate, all day somebody has been feeding your man a crock of fcking sht and you've been reporting it to us as fact. In any other news organisation that's something requiring a correction, not something to be shouting from the fcking roof tops.

Clive, we you and I ran our news desk like football reporters do, the fcking hinges would come off of the TV industry years ago. If I reported every tip or bit of speculation I've heard over the years in Cannes, at least three living TV executives would have been reported dead, the BBC would have shut about a month ago and at least one Hollywood actor would have been outed doing some really weird sh1t in Edinburgh.

Deadline Day is a travesty.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 16:45]
Charlie new contract. on 21:36 - Nov 12 with 1236 viewsbullythebear

Widely reported that WBA are close to agreeing an extended deal for Berahino at 25k a week. If this isn't bullsh1t looks like we're in danger of seriously overpaying. Surprise surprise.
Charlie new contract. on 07:19 - Nov 13 with 1132 viewsPommyhoop

Charlie new contract. on 14:38 - Nov 12 by rsonist

History is written by the victors...

This is a player who never played at the top level, signed from Burnley, without anyone else in for him. And he'd failed a medical at Hull which even if it was nonsense still gave us leverage. He wouldn't have been on more than 10k there so why hand him three times that? It may have all worked out beautifully this time but TF is still playing fast and loose.

Have to agree and to add that Charlie was our back up second choice and we only signed him because Hooper went to the land of the sister kissers.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Charlie new contract. on 07:33 - Nov 13 with 1125 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Charlie new contract. on 21:36 - Nov 12 by bullythebear

Widely reported that WBA are close to agreeing an extended deal for Berahino at 25k a week. If this isn't bullsh1t looks like we're in danger of seriously overpaying. Surprise surprise.

Widely reported by the same sort credible sources as the Charlie deal perhaps?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024