Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I think we can all agree 14:33 - Mar 14 with 12340 viewsWestbourneR

Appointing Ramsey was another howler from TF. Even when you he tries to 'learn from his mistakes' he manages to make new ones. I just don't think he's very bright to be honest.

Anyway my question is - do you think there is any point in trying to appoint a proper manager for the rest of the season? Or is it so over its pointless?

I mean someone who could have the affect Pardew has had on Palace could still save us. Worth trying?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I think we can all agree on 15:20 - Mar 14 with 2291 viewsparker64

I think we can all agree on 15:17 - Mar 14 by FDC

Isla has a long term injury according to the programme I was watching, and as Dave pointed out on the match thread, if your forced to play the inexperienced Furlong at RB then putting SWP in front of him has the logic that he does have form for protecting his fullback. Not saying that's how it worked out like, but there was reason there.

I agree with that but Palace are strong down the flanks. Known for it. To put Furlong was just wrong and unfair on him. Should have done what he did in the second half.
I think we can all agree on 15:20 - Mar 14 with 2274 viewsFDC

Fùck, just read through this thread again. Let's remember some things

We were likely going down with Redknapp

Ramsey is learning

We need to develop as a team and more importantly as a club.

Ramsey is respected as a coach, and we should get behind him and have some faith that he and qpr can become more than they currently are.
I think we can all agree on 15:21 - Mar 14 with 2270 viewsTheBlob

Villa 2 up at Sunderland.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

I think we can all agree on 15:23 - Mar 14 with 2257 viewsFDC

I think we can all agree on 15:20 - Mar 14 by parker64

I agree with that but Palace are strong down the flanks. Known for it. To put Furlong was just wrong and unfair on him. Should have done what he did in the second half.

Fair enough. After 15 mins it was obvious they were trying to play down our right and we were desperate to get it to Phillips on our left.
I think we can all agree on 15:24 - Mar 14 with 2253 viewsPommyhoop

TF was won over by Harry Redknapp.As were many people on here. As for the OP ..
I F@CKING TOLD YA>>>
'''I mean someone who could have the affect Pardew has had on Palace could still save us. Worth trying?'''
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/140902/ramsey-out-

Villa through to the next round of the FA cup.
I can see a big surge towards the Timmy vote.
Come on people get them votes in if you wanted him.
<<<Maybe they are waiting till next week to make sure they didn't want Pardew>>>

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

I think we can all agree on 15:24 - Mar 14 with 2249 viewsyankranger

It was a bit of a no win situation. Not sure I would have been happy paying up a ton for someone that would only want to leave if we got relegated. I'm not sure if I would have been happy with Sherwood and it seemed he was trying to squeeze us for more cash.

We are going down. At least now we can can get someone in that can build properly and is actually up for that particular challenge.
I think we can all agree on 15:27 - Mar 14 with 2231 viewsTheBlob

There's no real point in tearing each other up over this,what's done is done.
Accept it.
Move on.
We can still have a bit of a laugh.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

I think we can all agree on 15:28 - Mar 14 with 2228 viewsgobbles

I think we can all agree on 15:19 - Mar 14 by Match82

Don't understand this response at all.
We've been criticising Redknapp, rightly, for sticking to has been players and not thinking about the future of the club.

We're 2 goals down with 7 minutes left, in a game where we've been fcking dire, with no chance to get anything from the game. If you aren't going to give youth players a chance then, you never will.

Apart from the fact that he put him on with 5 mins to go when we were chasing an equaliser against Spurs.
And how is Vargas a has-been player? Compared to SWP? They are both leaving in the summer
[Post edited 14 Mar 2015 15:30]
Login to get fewer ads

I think we can all agree on 15:31 - Mar 14 with 2213 viewsFDC

People always say of new managers "it's not their team". Not only is this not Ramsey's team, he's got the 'caretaker of a team destined to go down' tag over him.

We're going down, that's been obvious for fùcking months. I'd rather it were Ramsey given the job of trying to build something that looks like qpr from the wreckage than some spiv celebri-cùnt manager.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2015 15:32]
I think we can all agree on 15:35 - Mar 14 with 2201 viewsted_hendrix

I'd say that under CR Matty Phillip's performances have improved

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I think we can all agree on 15:44 - Mar 14 with 2167 viewsBrazilNutR

I really wanted Ramsey to do well... he seems like really good guy, but he has been making it very hard to support him in the last few games, his tactics and in game substitutions have been frighteningly bad..
Why..why.. did he just let the second half run along without trying to make a change... without even considering swapping Phillips to the right, where he has played well and made goals recently.
Ok, i was worried as soon as i saw SWP name on the starting 11, but was willing to give him a chance to show something, but he looked like a player who hasn't played for ages.. and we had options on the bench that could have replaced him early in the second half.. and tried a new approach, but he waited until the 84th minute to make a change... and we still needed 2 goals at that point. very dissapointing for me
I think we can all agree on 16:00 - Mar 14 with 2138 viewsNov77

I think we can all agree on 15:31 - Mar 14 by FDC

People always say of new managers "it's not their team". Not only is this not Ramsey's team, he's got the 'caretaker of a team destined to go down' tag over him.

We're going down, that's been obvious for fùcking months. I'd rather it were Ramsey given the job of trying to build something that looks like qpr from the wreckage than some spiv celebri-cùnt manager.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2015 15:32]

Villa were going down til sherwood took over, palace til pardew's took over and west Brom til Pulis took over, why are we the only ones that just continue sliding into oblivion when we appoint someone new.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

I think we can all agree on 16:08 - Mar 14 with 2109 viewsDiscodroids

I think we can all agree on 15:44 - Mar 14 by BrazilNutR

I really wanted Ramsey to do well... he seems like really good guy, but he has been making it very hard to support him in the last few games, his tactics and in game substitutions have been frighteningly bad..
Why..why.. did he just let the second half run along without trying to make a change... without even considering swapping Phillips to the right, where he has played well and made goals recently.
Ok, i was worried as soon as i saw SWP name on the starting 11, but was willing to give him a chance to show something, but he looked like a player who hasn't played for ages.. and we had options on the bench that could have replaced him early in the second half.. and tried a new approach, but he waited until the 84th minute to make a change... and we still needed 2 goals at that point. very dissapointing for me

be fair , have you ever seen ramsey turn 2o dog ends into a tramps cigar . or tripped the light fantastic outside the seven eleven on bond street to dolly partons 'joleen' clutching special brew?

this gentleman traveler of the eponymous highways and byways is just the kind of go ahead, thrusting vagrant we need to plot a course for the skip of the championship.

a job as precinct beverage operative beckons .

poor sod.

never had a chance.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I think we can all agree on 16:40 - Mar 14 with 2074 viewsLoft1979

I think we can all agree on 16:00 - Mar 14 by Nov77

Villa were going down til sherwood took over, palace til pardew's took over and west Brom til Pulis took over, why are we the only ones that just continue sliding into oblivion when we appoint someone new.

My opinion.
- Timmy got a better gig, for sure. Extremely better players. But fact is villa could not score, let alone win. Today, Tim's 4th game , they have 4... At the half.
- Chris, has been brought in as a caretaker. And he has players falling like dominoes.
- he was applauded for Darnell, today he is blasted. Last week I was wondering why not use the 3 centerback formation with Ned as a sweeper? Then with Henry and Sandro as a defensive pair, less stress on the fullbacks...

Anyway. I don't know what is going on but Fernandes needs to looking to sell, and looking for support for Mr Ramsey...lots of good out of work #2s...Paul Jewett comes to mind.
I think we can all agree on 16:49 - Mar 14 with 2062 viewsgobbles

I think we can all agree on 16:40 - Mar 14 by Loft1979

My opinion.
- Timmy got a better gig, for sure. Extremely better players. But fact is villa could not score, let alone win. Today, Tim's 4th game , they have 4... At the half.
- Chris, has been brought in as a caretaker. And he has players falling like dominoes.
- he was applauded for Darnell, today he is blasted. Last week I was wondering why not use the 3 centerback formation with Ned as a sweeper? Then with Henry and Sandro as a defensive pair, less stress on the fullbacks...

Anyway. I don't know what is going on but Fernandes needs to looking to sell, and looking for support for Mr Ramsey...lots of good out of work #2s...Paul Jewett comes to mind.

Did anyone really applaud him for Furlong?
Sure, it's a nice dream to think we can unearth these great teenagers who will get us out of the hole we are in, but it's naive.
In the situation we are in, everyone has to be judged the same, not given allowances.
I think we can all agree on 17:16 - Mar 14 with 1796 viewsRuislipHoop

Ffs,Furlong is for the future,we are going down with him or without him.I would rather see him than some overpaid centre back or midfielder playing out of position at right back.
I think we can all agree on 17:38 - Mar 14 with 1765 viewsstevec

Ramsey is totally out of his depth.

To pick Furlong for a game as important as this beggars belief, the kid is getting taken apart.
To take his one success, Matt Phillips, from the right, stick him on the left and put SWP in his place, on its own should be a sackable offence.

Writing was on the wall against Spurs, week by week it gets worse and the players clearly have no faith in him.

Nice bloke but paying £40 to watch that sack of shit? Absolute fckin shambles.
I think we can all agree on 17:39 - Mar 14 with 1750 viewsbosh67

Until today a lot of things had improved under Ramsey.

The guy has got half a squad, most of whom are not quite good enough. We will have to build a young team from this U21 crop and a whoever we can bring through.

I still love the idea that there was a mythical saviour willing to step in. There wasn't.

Next season with all the high earners home we can put a wage cap on the squad, bring players through, pinch a lot of youth players from the rem who will never get a look in and put out teams that may not press for promotion in the first season or two, but that will develop together and play to a style that is based more on youth and pace.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

I think we can all agree on 17:40 - Mar 14 with 1748 viewsWestonsuperR

I found it surprising and that we employed manager to help us with Premiershop survival that had previously only managed Charleston Battery, having seen the team selections and general standard of play and taking into consideration a loss record of around 85% I think it is time for us all to admit it was a huge mistake.

Integrating youngsters into the team and holding 'nice' press conferences is great but this was an awful mistake that has ultimately cost us our place in the Premier League, I am no Harry fan, pleased he went but could he have done any worse than 3pts from 18?
I think we can all agree on 17:42 - Mar 14 with 1741 viewsRuislipHoop

I agree that Furlong is being targeted and that CR should give him cover,but at the end of the season it won't make any difference who plays where.
I think we can all agree on 17:47 - Mar 14 with 1728 viewsbaz_qpr

I think we can all agree on 17:40 - Mar 14 by WestonsuperR

I found it surprising and that we employed manager to help us with Premiershop survival that had previously only managed Charleston Battery, having seen the team selections and general standard of play and taking into consideration a loss record of around 85% I think it is time for us all to admit it was a huge mistake.

Integrating youngsters into the team and holding 'nice' press conferences is great but this was an awful mistake that has ultimately cost us our place in the Premier League, I am no Harry fan, pleased he went but could he have done any worse than 3pts from 18?

As far as we know though HR went of his own choosing when we failed to bring in Adebayor due to the cupboard being already bare.

The options were

Sherwood
Ramsey
Nigel Adkins
Possibly (Big Sam)

Sherwood wanted big money. If you already accepted relegation was pretty likely then the caretaker option does seem like the best action to take for the long term as many more manager will be available in the summer
I think we can all agree on 18:05 - Mar 14 with 1684 viewsDiscodroids

I think we can all agree on 17:38 - Mar 14 by stevec

Ramsey is totally out of his depth.

To pick Furlong for a game as important as this beggars belief, the kid is getting taken apart.
To take his one success, Matt Phillips, from the right, stick him on the left and put SWP in his place, on its own should be a sackable offence.

Writing was on the wall against Spurs, week by week it gets worse and the players clearly have no faith in him.

Nice bloke but paying £40 to watch that sack of shit? Absolute fckin shambles.

just perplexed steve that he let the game drift along like a testimonial in the second half , looking like he wanted to be behind a lap top feeding in stats of henrys inside leg measurements.

there may have been a load of old shit on the bench but as an officer and a gentleman, you are obliged to give us a marginal chance of winning chris..do something pro active , rather than looking like a vagrant who has shat his pants on the touchline and cadging 10p of bondy doesnt really help much old boy.

[Post edited 14 Mar 2015 18:07]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

I think we can all agree on 18:28 - Mar 14 with 1656 viewsWestonsuperR

I think we can all agree on 17:47 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

As far as we know though HR went of his own choosing when we failed to bring in Adebayor due to the cupboard being already bare.

The options were

Sherwood
Ramsey
Nigel Adkins
Possibly (Big Sam)

Sherwood wanted big money. If you already accepted relegation was pretty likely then the caretaker option does seem like the best action to take for the long term as many more manager will be available in the summer

I'd suggest there were possibly more than 4 options, maybe more like 30-40 if you look at options across the globe in more detail. I made a point that I had concerns over Ramsey's appointment and have seen nothing at all to change my opinion, a chance to secure our Premisership place has been thrown away by employing someone with incredibly little experience, all very strange and typical QPR.
I think we can all agree on 19:03 - Mar 14 with 1634 viewsbaz_qpr

I think we can all agree on 18:28 - Mar 14 by WestonsuperR

I'd suggest there were possibly more than 4 options, maybe more like 30-40 if you look at options across the globe in more detail. I made a point that I had concerns over Ramsey's appointment and have seen nothing at all to change my opinion, a chance to secure our Premisership place has been thrown away by employing someone with incredibly little experience, all very strange and typical QPR.

who are they? why would they have come? why would they make a difference?

I think that TF and Co made a decision on promotion in the summer that they were not going to throw money at this any more that it was unsustainable. A fixed budget was set and a view was taken that whether we stay up or not the promotion had got us out of jail and the money (min90m this year) plus two years parachute would get the club back on an even footing. The FFP obviously also a major factor. Saggy chops blew it all in the summer and then tried to get more out of them. Les was brought in to keep this in line.

The decision not to replace Remy in either transfer windows suggest very strongly that premiership survival is not the be all or end all. At the end of the season Charlie will move on (for less than we would like) a lot of big wages will go, they will probably sell on Fer and Caulker and we start again. Next year we will need to buy a brand new team and our priority will have to be staying up in the championship operating under FFP though TF and co will be looking for immediate bounce back. Unlikely when most of the team will be gone!
I think we can all agree on 20:26 - Mar 14 with 1583 viewsWestonsuperR

I think we can all agree on 19:03 - Mar 14 by baz_qpr

who are they? why would they have come? why would they make a difference?

I think that TF and Co made a decision on promotion in the summer that they were not going to throw money at this any more that it was unsustainable. A fixed budget was set and a view was taken that whether we stay up or not the promotion had got us out of jail and the money (min90m this year) plus two years parachute would get the club back on an even footing. The FFP obviously also a major factor. Saggy chops blew it all in the summer and then tried to get more out of them. Les was brought in to keep this in line.

The decision not to replace Remy in either transfer windows suggest very strongly that premiership survival is not the be all or end all. At the end of the season Charlie will move on (for less than we would like) a lot of big wages will go, they will probably sell on Fer and Caulker and we start again. Next year we will need to buy a brand new team and our priority will have to be staying up in the championship operating under FFP though TF and co will be looking for immediate bounce back. Unlikely when most of the team will be gone!

Who are they? We are too short sited and haven't looked anywhere other than the obvious, in this case no further than a coach already at the club. Why would they come? To secure one of the best jobs in the world, to manage a team in the English Premier League whilst earning a very decent salary. Would they have made a difference? Would they have done worse than losing 5 out of 6.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024