Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wally Downes jr blog 12:24 - Mar 16 with 10037 viewsclassof93

http://www.espnfc.com/club/queens-park-rangers/334/blog/post/2350417/downes-jr-a
Wally Downes jr blog on 12:29 - Mar 16 with 7573 viewsdaveB

he does come across as a prat at times. Not sure what the point of that is having a pop at the club for playing a few kids when we have injuries, he was slating the club for not doing that last season.
Wally Downes jr blog on 12:48 - Mar 16 with 7480 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Christ, that's self-serving and self-pitying. it's embarrassing.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wally Downes jr blog on 12:50 - Mar 16 with 7466 viewsaston_hoop

Thats a minute of my life I'll never get back reading that drivel. condescending twunt.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Wally Downes jr blog on 12:54 - Mar 16 with 7428 viewsDevonWhite

Wally Downes jr blog on 12:57 - Mar 16 with 7411 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Awful article.
Wally Downes jr blog on 12:58 - Mar 16 with 7397 viewsSomersetHoops

What a sarcastic tosser with no idea about what he is talking about and no recognition of the fact that Redknapp left on the last day of the transfer window leaving QPR with a inadequate squad for survival and no opportunity to strengthen it. We can also blame our chairman for allowing that to happen. Had our previous manager had any ability in player development our young players would be better prepared to deal with games like that at the weekend. Focusing on the performance and result of one game does not get to the heart of the problem at QPR, which stems from the chairman allowing a busted flush of a decrepit old manager to manage our club at the start of this season.

Who's Next?

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:00 - Mar 16 with 7375 viewsDiscodroids

wally hasnt quite nailed down the lowest form of wit just yet..a cursory glance at my postings on LFW over the past 12 months could show him the light.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:00 - Mar 16 with 7384 viewsActonOccident

Wally Downes jr blog on 12:54 - Mar 16 by DevonWhite

I don't get whether Dave Mc is displaying solidarity with Downes Jr. here, or having a dig at him.
Login to get fewer ads

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:02 - Mar 16 with 7378 viewsYorkRanger

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:00 - Mar 16 by ActonOccident

I don't get whether Dave Mc is displaying solidarity with Downes Jr. here, or having a dig at him.

having a dig I would say
Wally Downes jr blog on 13:03 - Mar 16 with 7365 viewsTHEBUSH

I hope he regrets writing that, pointless negative article, it has no merit whatsoever
Wally Downes jr blog on 13:03 - Mar 16 with 7365 viewssuperhoopdownunder

what a wally
Wally Downes jr blog on 13:08 - Mar 16 with 7332 viewsR_from_afar

Make a note in your diaries, kids: It's 16th March 2015 and Wally Downes jr. has discovered sarcasm.

Next week: Wally discovers something called "a potato".

RFA

PS: What an utter b3ll end!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:10 - Mar 16 with 7321 viewsDorse

My considered response to the article is best summed up in the timeless words of this gentle song.

[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 13:11]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:17 - Mar 16 with 7286 viewsDevonWhite

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:02 - Mar 16 by YorkRanger

having a dig I would say

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it.
Wally Downes jr blog on 13:26 - Mar 16 with 7238 viewsTacticalR

He has a rant where a bit of reflection and analysis about what's behind the 'switch to youth' is needed.

I thought he was quite good when he came on the Podcast last year:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/127357/1605267/qpr
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 17:29]

Air hostess clique

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:28 - Mar 16 with 7223 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:00 - Mar 16 by Discodroids

wally hasnt quite nailed down the lowest form of wit just yet..a cursory glance at my postings on LFW over the past 12 months could show him the light.

You are wasted on here Disco if he is the benchmark!!
Wally Downes jr blog on 13:37 - Mar 16 with 7177 viewsAgedR

On the face of it there doesn't seem an awful lot wrong with the article.

We don't have stadium, we don't have a new training ground, we don't have a proven manager at the helm.

However, it is wilfully spiteful in attacking the choice of selecting Furlong, etc and parodying the aspirations of many of us amongst the fan base, myself included, to select young players who we may also have developed from the grass roots.

Downes knows that Ramsay's selection is a case of making the best of what he's got. Yet, instead of acknowledging the part played by Redknapp in the TF ongoing fiasco, he promotes the criticism of our current manager.

Downes has been peddling the anti TF line since, well since about when Daddy got the chop and it's really no more than an amalgamation of the views of better worded critics; if I want a more intelligently conceived view I'll read Dave Mac (or own Clive for that matter).

The change in tact from lining the pockets of crocked has beens or never quite weres, to promotion of academy graduates, may well be the Emperors new clothes, but, it isn't the fault of Ramsay and it is much more palatable croc of smelly stuff.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:45 - Mar 16 with 7146 viewsdaveB

I think to put 4 goals down to Furlong is ridiculous. Against Sanchez that was a great finish and Green shouldn't get beat on his near post. At the weekend he was left exposed with no cover in front or to his left and the two centre halves and keeper should have dealt with the cross a lot better as well
Wally Downes jr blog on 13:51 - Mar 16 with 7110 viewsbaz_qpr

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:17 - Mar 16 by DevonWhite

Yeah, that's how I interpreted it.

No he is backing him up in response to someone saying why were'nt you saying this when Daddy was employed
Wally Downes jr blog on 13:55 - Mar 16 with 7089 viewsstevec

Ignore him chaps. I was at Palace on Saturday and can confirm everything is fine and dandy.
Wally Downes jr blog on 14:06 - Mar 16 with 7023 viewsActonOccident

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:51 - Mar 16 by baz_qpr

No he is backing him up in response to someone saying why were'nt you saying this when Daddy was employed

Yeah that's what it looks like to me as well...

Bit odd that a brand as big as ESPN would allow a writer, no matter how tucked away in an obscure corner of their online offering, to apparently sound off in response to Twitter grief.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2015 14:13]
Wally Downes jr blog on 15:06 - Mar 16 with 6870 viewsTacticalR

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:55 - Mar 16 by stevec

Ignore him chaps. I was at Palace on Saturday and can confirm everything is fine and dandy.

Shoosh.

Air hostess clique

Wally Downes jr blog on 16:28 - Mar 16 with 6705 viewsNW10Hoop

Makes for difficult reading, mainly because it is written terribly. Sarcasm without wit.

And then we'll get into a debate about happy clappers calling him out for not being a real supporter, and then the intelligentsia defending him for spelling out a few home truths.... to me It's like sitting near a proper moany muppet at the match, except now he can ruin your mood while you are at work too.
Wally Downes jr blog on 16:41 - Mar 16 with 6669 viewsNW5Hoop

Wally Downes jr blog on 13:45 - Mar 16 by daveB

I think to put 4 goals down to Furlong is ridiculous. Against Sanchez that was a great finish and Green shouldn't get beat on his near post. At the weekend he was left exposed with no cover in front or to his left and the two centre halves and keeper should have dealt with the cross a lot better as well

I don't think he's blaming Furlong - he wrote another piece before this one saying he's a real prospect, and it was cruelty to throw him in against Sanchez. But there's no getting round the fact four goals have come from his position, and that he was way out of position for both the ones Bolasie created. Not helped by having no adequate cover in front of him, of course.
Wally Downes jr blog on 16:44 - Mar 16 with 6661 viewsNW5Hoop

For what it's worth, if I had been writing pieces about the state of QPR and was continually told I was a tosser with an axe to grind, that anyone with the slightest interest in QPR should be grateful for having TF, and that we're in a much better state than we were four years ago, then I think I'd have gone for the sarcasm a good bit earlier than this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024