Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Channel 5 footie coverage 21:48 - Aug 8 with 15982 viewsBromleyHoop

I quite like it. Good format, no Claridge, don't have to wait till midnight to watch the highlights ala BBC.

👍

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:59 - Aug 10 with 2304 viewsCamberleyR

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:35 - Aug 10 by Monahoop

Look at our beloved team in that table, sitting proud in 9th place in Div2. Be hard pressed to finish there this season. 1969/70 was my second season as a QPR fan.
Fascinating, yet I had to strain my eyes to see which teams are not in the league anymore. And Clydebank [bottom of Scottish Div 2] don't exist anymore.

14 of the then 1st division are currently in the Premier League. Only Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal have been in there every year since 69-70.

There's some teams missing from the league ladders there but looking it up there are 13 teams from that season no longer in the football league.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:02 - Aug 10 with 2299 viewstoboboly

Channel 5 footie coverage on 18:57 - Aug 9 by BromleyHoop

Well I think it's great. The fact that I work for Channel 5 has nothing to do with it 😬😬

In that case can I ask you to bring back the Baseball as that was quality.

The football show was terrible. Jumbled up leagues, a cardboard set, dumb tvvats standing around. They asked a question at one point and a guy in the audience answered then was told "We can't hear you cos you aren't microphoned up", well that has to be the biggest fail in sports TV since our defending.

Useless and shambolic and frankly Virgo has all the personality of a wet blob of ice cream.

BRING BACK CHANNEL 5 BASEBALL

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:13 - Aug 10 with 2278 viewshopphoops

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:02 - Aug 10 by toboboly

In that case can I ask you to bring back the Baseball as that was quality.

The football show was terrible. Jumbled up leagues, a cardboard set, dumb tvvats standing around. They asked a question at one point and a guy in the audience answered then was told "We can't hear you cos you aren't microphoned up", well that has to be the biggest fail in sports TV since our defending.

Useless and shambolic and frankly Virgo has all the personality of a wet blob of ice cream.

BRING BACK CHANNEL 5 BASEBALL

I shelled out for mlb.tv which is great.

The football league show was so bad in every way, but at least the shouty woman presenter wasn't as bad as that shouty woman commentator who puts the emphasis on all the wrong bits.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:21 - Aug 10 with 2264 viewsQPunkR

Had to take the missus out for dinner after the game on Sat, so put the Sky box to record this. Still haven't steeled myself to watch it yet, having read this thread. So cheers guys, I now know not to bother!
Sounds like C5 have managed to properly eff this up

QPR - "shit but local"

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:37 - Aug 10 with 2239 viewsfrancisbowles

It had three things going for it:

1. Timing and a repeat on 5+24 if you were out on Saturday.
2 The cardboard league tables, which I liked.
3. It had some football, albeit not enough!

The rest you can ditch the audience, the presenters, the obsession with everyone standing.

Up the football, sit down and get some decent presenters. Hasn't 5 done Europa league before and much better than this?.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:41 - Aug 10 with 2229 viewshopphoops

How long till clubs at the bottom of the Premiership start getting '9 o'clock, Channel 5' chanted at them?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:53 - Aug 10 with 2221 views18StoneOfHoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:59 - Aug 10 by CamberleyR

14 of the then 1st division are currently in the Premier League. Only Liverpool, Everton and Arsenal have been in there every year since 69-70.

There's some teams missing from the league ladders there but looking it up there are 13 teams from that season no longer in the football league.

Here's the Shoot league ladder from our greatest ever season 40 years ago.
If only,only,only - if wishes were horses,beggars would ride - there was some extant footage from that magical day at the old Baseball Ground when a Stan Bowles inspired hat-trick helped to dismantle and humiliate the then English League Champions on 23rd August 1975. One of the greatest ever results in our history and no bleeding footage...aaaarrrrrggghhh!

[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 11:06]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Channel 5 footie coverage (n/t) on 10:54 - Aug 10 with 2220 viewsCamberleyR

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:35 - Aug 10 by Monahoop

Look at our beloved team in that table, sitting proud in 9th place in Div2. Be hard pressed to finish there this season. 1969/70 was my second season as a QPR fan.
Fascinating, yet I had to strain my eyes to see which teams are not in the league anymore. And Clydebank [bottom of Scottish Div 2] don't exist anymore.

[Post edited 10 Aug 2015 10:57]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Login to get fewer ads

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:58 - Aug 10 with 2207 viewstoboboly

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:13 - Aug 10 by hopphoops

I shelled out for mlb.tv which is great.

The football league show was so bad in every way, but at least the shouty woman presenter wasn't as bad as that shouty woman commentator who puts the emphasis on all the wrong bits.

mlb.tv is great. Surprised that the PL hasn't done something similar.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 11:24 - Aug 10 with 2171 viewsjamois

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:58 - Aug 10 by toboboly

digital rights contracts mean that it would be impossible for the PL to copy. MLB had their rights issues sorted collectively from the late 90s and have been a model ever since. greedy and ignorant chairmen fecked it up for us over here. naturally.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 11:29 - Aug 10 with 2166 viewsDorse

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:58 - Aug 10 by toboboly

MILF.tv is pretty good too.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Channel 5 footie coverage on 16:25 - Aug 10 with 2071 viewsloftboy

Only just got back online after 4 days without a phone, the bloke in the sky blue wolves away shirt is actually a youth coach from Cbertsey Town, I guess as the show is filmed in London all them fans were home county based.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024