Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Channel 5 footie coverage 21:48 - Aug 8 with 15987 viewsBromleyHoop

I quite like it. Good format, no Claridge, don't have to wait till midnight to watch the highlights ala BBC.

👍

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:31 - Aug 9 with 3873 viewsGloucs_R

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:24 - Aug 9 by Suffolk

The league tables looked as if they had been made by Lesley Judd from Cornflake boxes and sticky backed plastic.

Even my missus laughed at that. In an age where we all use touch screens, they have gone back to match magazine from the 70'd where you have to move the teams up and down the league by hand. Embrassing.

Trying to be Soccer AM meets Top Gear. Failed miserably.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 10:35 - Aug 9 with 3863 viewsdaveB

It was as bad as I expected, any show which has a studio audience for football is usually rubbish like the Saturday night football.

Match of the day has been going for 50 years and works as they show highlights then talk about the game then show the next match. So simple but everyone tries to reinvent the wheel.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 11:02 - Aug 9 with 3813 viewseghamranger

The programme was just like our first game.

Will hopefully get better as the season goes on
Channel 5 footie coverage on 12:17 - Aug 9 with 3760 viewswestberksr

How many threads for this pile of shite?

Posted on other one first but hated it so much I felt the need to be a whiny bitch on this one too!

Shite, double shite and thrice shite
Channel 5 footie coverage on 12:54 - Aug 9 with 3685 viewsClive_Anderson

This is the result of TV executives thinking Top Gear was popular because the audience were standing up.

Most football supporters just want to see the football, but a lot of people who work in the media don't actually like it all that much, except to show off about it on social media. So they fill the program full of that crap instead of "boring" match footage.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 12:59 - Aug 9 with 3677 viewsenfieldargh

I'd expect Germaine Greer and Charles Hawtrey to have made a better fist of making this horrendous pile of tosh.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Channel 5 footie coverage on 13:04 - Aug 9 with 3668 viewspaesanu

The genius who thought it's a great idea to not have a league by league format should really be forced to resign. I fast forwarded to 30 minutes, thought I missed it, reversed back to the start, thought I must be really stupid and missed it again, fast forward past 30 minutes, what the hell, carry on fast forwarding past lower leagues, Lo and behold I then find us.

In summary, Our 30 seconds are at around 59 minutes.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Channel 5 footie coverage on 13:33 - Aug 9 with 3629 viewsTheBlob

Channel 5 footie coverage on 12:59 - Aug 9 by enfieldargh

I'd expect Germaine Greer and Charles Hawtrey to have made a better fist of making this horrendous pile of tosh.

That's a rather strange mental image I've got now.Charles Hawtrey fisting Germaine Greer(or the other way round)
Thanks for that Enfield.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Channel 5 footie coverage on 14:35 - Aug 9 with 3589 viewsMonahoop

Didn't see our 'highlights' because I watched the first 15 minutes of this shambolic effort of a football show and then turned over and watched something else. I'd say all the criticisms on this thread are justified and well done to all those who saw the whole thing through. But then what on Earth did we expect anyway? It was Channel 5 after all. Should just stick to showing endless episodes of CSI and various cheap freak shows.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 15:26 - Aug 9 with 3537 viewsFredManRave

Channel 5 footie coverage on 13:04 - Aug 9 by paesanu

The genius who thought it's a great idea to not have a league by league format should really be forced to resign. I fast forwarded to 30 minutes, thought I missed it, reversed back to the start, thought I must be really stupid and missed it again, fast forward past 30 minutes, what the hell, carry on fast forwarding past lower leagues, Lo and behold I then find us.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Channel 5 footie coverage on 16:14 - Aug 9 with 3486 viewsTacticalR

Channel 5 footie coverage on 13:04 - Aug 9 by paesanu

My suspicion is that mixing up the leagues is to keep you watching the whole show, as a lot of people would switch off after seeing the Championship games.

Air hostess clique

Channel 5 footie coverage on 18:45 - Aug 9 with 3407 viewsDorse

Channel 5 footie coverage on 14:35 - Aug 9 by Monahoop

Didn't see our 'highlights' because I watched the first 15 minutes of this shambolic effort of a football show and then turned over and watched something else. I'd say all the criticisms on this thread are justified and well done to all those who saw the whole thing through. But then what on Earth did we expect anyway? It was Channel 5 after all. Should just stick to showing endless episodes of CSI and various cheap freak shows.

9:00PM Football League Tonight. This week, the studio audience give their reaction to some of nature's fiercest weather, their favourite sharks and recent photographs of Camilla Batmanjelly's beach-ready body. Dominic Littlewood reports live from a building site in Dudley exposing the illegal trade in sub-standard workwear that puts unsuspecting foreign workers in mortal danger from exposed ankles. Former Big Brother contest Bubble pops in to give his views on the new series which features only the former subjects of Channel 5's medical documentaries. And the studio hosts, Ray Jinghorn and Fanny Akimbo, celebrate national Mankini Day before putting the tape into the VCR and showing 4 minutes of edited highlights of today's football, hurriedly culled from local news broadcasts by Media Studies students on work placement.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Channel 5 footie coverage on 18:56 - Aug 9 with 3392 viewsenfieldargh

Channel 5 footie coverage on 13:33 - Aug 9 by TheBlob

That's a rather strange mental image I've got now.Charles Hawtrey fisting Germaine Greer(or the other way round)
Thanks for that Enfield.

i wanted to tickle Holloway

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Channel 5 footie coverage on 18:57 - Aug 9 with 3392 viewsBromleyHoop

Well I think it's great. The fact that I work for Channel 5 has nothing to do with it 😬😬

Channel 5 footie coverage on 19:38 - Aug 9 with 3345 viewsYorkRanger

Poor programme. As others have said just show the highlights with some helpful insight. Let's hope it improves...
Channel 5 footie coverage on 19:56 - Aug 9 with 3211 viewsWilloW4

Channel 5 footie coverage on 18:57 - Aug 9 by BromleyHoop

Well I think it's great. The fact that I work for Channel 5 has nothing to do with it 😬😬

Channel 5 is like ITV... Complete childlike drivel.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 20:26 - Aug 9 with 3172 viewsMonahoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 19:56 - Aug 9 by WilloW4

Channel 5 is like ITV... Complete childlike drivel.

Yep! Only children could probably do better.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 20:39 - Aug 9 with 3146 viewsM40R

It really was dire. Shame as they do the cricket highlights quite well with a simple format copied from C4 and before that the BBC.

Looks like we need a sticky thread with a weekly post announcing what time to fast forward to that week...
Channel 5 footie coverage on 20:52 - Aug 9 with 3117 viewsTacticalR

Channel 5 footie coverage on 18:57 - Aug 9 by BromleyHoop

BromleyHoop, you will henceforth be known as the man who liked the Channel 5 football show

Air hostess clique

Channel 5 footie coverage on 21:34 - Aug 9 with 3058 viewsBromleyHoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 20:52 - Aug 9 by TacticalR

BromleyHoop, you will henceforth be known as the man who liked the Channel 5 football show

The ignominy....the shame. There are three options available

1 - I leave town and never come back.
2 - I carry on on LFW under a new identity.
3 - Some way down the line you all realise that the show is sooooo crap it's actually good. Any programme that uses a reversible board to reveal the league table instead of some swanky computer graphic gets my vote every time. I think with a few tweaks it will assume legendary status.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 21:45 - Aug 9 with 3044 viewsWatford_Ranger

Channel 5 footie coverage on 21:34 - Aug 9 by BromleyHoop

3 - Some way down the line you all realise that the show is sooooo crap it's actually good. Any programme that uses a reversible board to reveal the league table instead of some swanky computer graphic gets my vote every time. I think with a few tweaks it will assume legendary status.

Football League Show was so bad it was good. This is too bad for that. I'd be fascinated to know how they came to the decision to include the audience as it was, the interviews, Adam Virgo, the rotating tables and analysing them after one game.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 23:07 - Aug 9 with 2988 viewsBathRanger

Absolutely awful.

I got so fed up with it that from 10:00pm onwards I timed how much actual football they showed (yes I know I should get a life). 10 mins 25 secs. In 30 minutes of programming time.

Won't be watching again.
Channel 5 footie coverage on 00:14 - Aug 10 with 2958 views18StoneOfHoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 21:34 - Aug 9 by BromleyHoop

"Any programme that uses a reversible board to reveal the league table instead of some swanky computer graphic gets my vote every time."

Bromley,I'm not here so much as to coat you and your OP personally, much more the programme and it's pitiful sackable chief major domo,Mr Sharman. All those crappy cardboard tables was was a simple exact enlarged carbon copy of the free gift special giveaway - abandoned by November - Shoot magazine league ladder tables of the 1970's (check the same font)...just yet another unoriginal spit two-bob plagiarised simple carp idea on the show.

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:35 - Aug 10 with 2873 viewsMonahoop

Channel 5 footie coverage on 00:14 - Aug 10 by 18StoneOfHoop

"Any programme that uses a reversible board to reveal the league table instead of some swanky computer graphic gets my vote every time."

Bromley,I'm not here so much as to coat you and your OP personally, much more the programme and it's pitiful sackable chief major domo,Mr Sharman. All those crappy cardboard tables was was a simple exact enlarged carbon copy of the free gift special giveaway - abandoned by November - Shoot magazine league ladder tables of the 1970's (check the same font)...just yet another unoriginal spit two-bob plagiarised simple carp idea on the show.

Look at our beloved team in that table, sitting proud in 9th place in Div2. Be hard pressed to finish there this season. 1969/70 was my second season as a QPR fan.
Fascinating, yet I had to strain my eyes to see which teams are not in the league anymore. And Clydebank [bottom of Scottish Div 2] don't exist anymore.

Channel 5 footie coverage on 09:54 - Aug 10 with 2851 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Glad I missed it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024