Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is the long term plan.? 09:36 - Nov 4 with 4078 viewsqprphil

Can anyone have any positive ideas as to where this club is going. We all keep saying it, but something will have to happen soon, or we will be playing in division one soon. Where ever you look its a bloody shambles. We will not have had a better chance to consolidate than last season and we have just blown that. Signing crap players, huge wages, and they don't give a toss to boot. I say lets liven up the squad with some of the youngsters, let them get in the faces of the opposition, cant be any worse than the likes of Henry, Hoilett, etc.
What is the long term plan.? on 09:38 - Nov 4 with 3303 viewsLblock

Look to Caterham and Air Asia for your answers

Then weep

Weep hard and long.

AFC QPR - Then.. Now.. Always

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What is the long term plan.? on 09:51 - Nov 4 with 3263 viewskingsburyR

Not to renew my ST next season.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

What is the long term plan.? on 09:51 - Nov 4 with 3262 viewsozexile

The way we started the season was exactly what we needed although we've now moved away from that. We need to formulate a playing style and formation that's flexible and its played from u-10 through to the first team. We need to put more responsibility on to the players. Leadership groups for example. Cause at the moment its like Ramsey and les are the head teachers and the players are naughty school boys. We need to have a no dick heads policy. Doesn't matter if you're the best talent in England if you're a bell end you're not even considered.
What is the long term plan.? on 10:09 - Nov 4 with 3229 viewsbosh67

I think to be honest the board have sent too many mixed messages to the coaching staff.

Use youngsters, bring player through, clean slate, cut costs, consolidate, play attractive football, long term plan.

So we have Grego Cox, Sutherland, Hall, Doughty, Harriman, Luongo, Gladwin, Chery, Manning, all kids basically and we haven't formed a team around them. That's the direction I thought we were going in, with additions like JET and Mackie adding more, a few wise heads and a total clear out. I was okay with that. Get a young team to bond and play their hearts out.

That didn't happen.

We still have our key players which is good but raised the expectations of the board to want promotion again and as soon as they said that our form went out the window, not that we had much before.

Let's face it. Under CR we aren't getting promoted. So if the coach isn't being moved on go back to the original plan post Christmas and start playing a team of players that is likely to play together and be happy to do so over the next few years, not one that goes up, gets broken up and the doom cycle starts again.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What is the long term plan.? on 10:10 - Nov 4 with 3226 viewsadhoc_qpr

People keep saying the club is fundamentally broken and no manager can possibly succeed - but I disagree a bit.

Over a longer period our inept scouting, poor transfers, financial mismanagement, lack of football nous etc etc will put as at a competitive disadvantage to better run clubs - absolutely true.

But in the short term, we have a squad with enough talent to compete in the Championship if sufficiently set up and motivated.

For all Ramsey's talk of gelling, we are getting worse - not better. We've stopped leaking 2 goals a game by killing all creativity and attacking drive - but that is just aiming for draws and delivering narrow defeats instead...

By mid-December I think we'll be down to 19th in the table and then the stability crowd will start to have doubts.
What is the long term plan.? on 10:14 - Nov 4 with 3210 viewsdaveB

The club can have short term success, may even get in the playoffs this season if we get lucky but until the club deals with the deep rooted problems it will just be papering over the cracks
What is the long term plan.? on 10:21 - Nov 4 with 3190 viewsozexile

What is the long term plan.? on 10:14 - Nov 4 by daveB

The club can have short term success, may even get in the playoffs this season if we get lucky but until the club deals with the deep rooted problems it will just be papering over the cracks

What do you feel the deep rooted problems are? I keep hearing people use this phrase. For me its a lack of a pathway for youth to senior.
What is the long term plan.? on 10:23 - Nov 4 with 3185 viewsadhoc_qpr

What is the long term plan.? on 10:14 - Nov 4 by daveB

But having Ramsey in place isn't helping fix any long term issues - just delivering short term mediocrity/failure (take your pick).

The long term issues (training ground, staff, youth, finances etc) are being tackled by Hoos and LF.

Ramsey is just coaching and picking the first team - and he's picking the likes of Henry and Hoillett anyway (both poor, both out of contract next summer)
Login to get fewer ads

What is the long term plan.? on 10:59 - Nov 4 with 3142 viewsA40Bosh

What is the long term plan.? on 10:21 - Nov 4 by ozexile

What do you feel the deep rooted problems are? I keep hearing people use this phrase. For me its a lack of a pathway for youth to senior.

I will say it again I think that there has been a change of attitude from up on high at board level which has changed expectations and now the team management are beginning to crumble under the new pressure hence trying to steady the ship by bringing in NW.

Consolidation would have been mid to upper table by the end of this season with new young players blooded throughout the season (and we have a season to judge that on not just the first third of the season). We are currently very mid table but inconsistent. I do think there is too much consternation about results this early on and people are already saying "I told you so" and "we're doomed" when we are 9 points above the bottom 3 and 6 points off of the playoffs. We might be doomed from a promotion perspective but I am glad about that.

I suspect that this change is because the FFP negotiations are stalling or are not going the way that QPR had hoped and we are about to be given a very large slap on the wrist that is going to hurt this year and may well result in more fines after the next set of financial results are published. Therefore from an income point of view they will need us back in the promised land next season to swell the coffers to get us out of the brown stuff and then the cycle starts over again for a spending spree to try and keep us up.

I also wonder if it was the board's decision to go after Warnock in an attempt to get an experienced head in there who knows how to get promoted but they made the first call to Ramsey and told him to make contact with NW to make it look like it was his idea not theirs, to at least save Ramsey some face because it is the board and LF who have changed his remit for the season.

Probably lots more tears and wailing and gnashing of teeth to come this season on here but to be honest when things start to go bad at QPR my attitude is that I have enough other sh'te to worry about in my life already without taking on Tony Fernandes problems

Sorry, I will turn up, but I just cannot get too upset about it as if the world is coming to an end.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2015 11:01]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

What is the long term plan.? on 11:06 - Nov 4 with 3121 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think some poor results are making a few people panic a bit.
For the sake of argument, let's say Ramsey's tenure isn't working. Fine. But that doesn't mean changes aren't being made throughout the club. The coaching at lower levels has been thickened and upgraded. The youngsters now have their dome. There are ambitions and plans for the club as a whole to start producing our own youngsters. A training ground is looking more likely.

I know it's hard, but bad results for the first team doesn't mean everything else is in disarray. Trying to alter then entire direction of the club cannot be done in 5 months. It just can't. And, actually, it can't even really be done in 5 years. We keep talking about model clubs like Swansea an Southampton, but their plans took a decade to produce ripe fruit. And we have to be prepared for that. We will not see the results of positive changes to our youth set up for the best part of 10 years. Swansea and Southampton actually went to league one and league two before they started properly sorting themselves out.

Bare bones.

What is the long term plan.? on 11:11 - Nov 4 with 3106 viewsadhoc_qpr

What is the long term plan.? on 11:06 - Nov 4 by Antti_Heinola

I think some poor results are making a few people panic a bit.
For the sake of argument, let's say Ramsey's tenure isn't working. Fine. But that doesn't mean changes aren't being made throughout the club. The coaching at lower levels has been thickened and upgraded. The youngsters now have their dome. There are ambitions and plans for the club as a whole to start producing our own youngsters. A training ground is looking more likely.

I know it's hard, but bad results for the first team doesn't mean everything else is in disarray. Trying to alter then entire direction of the club cannot be done in 5 months. It just can't. And, actually, it can't even really be done in 5 years. We keep talking about model clubs like Swansea an Southampton, but their plans took a decade to produce ripe fruit. And we have to be prepared for that. We will not see the results of positive changes to our youth set up for the best part of 10 years. Swansea and Southampton actually went to league one and league two before they started properly sorting themselves out.

Soton aren't afraid to ruthlessly change their manager when they see it's not working though (Adkins sacking) - it hasn't derailed their progress.

The difference is, the Soton board can pick a manager and will look beyond the 'obvious' candidates.
What is the long term plan.? on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 3097 viewsAntti_Heinola

What is the long term plan.? on 11:11 - Nov 4 by adhoc_qpr

Soton aren't afraid to ruthlessly change their manager when they see it's not working though (Adkins sacking) - it hasn't derailed their progress.

The difference is, the Soton board can pick a manager and will look beyond the 'obvious' candidates.

Yeah, our problem has definitely been not ruthlessly sacking enough managers.

Bare bones.

What is the long term plan.? on 11:15 - Nov 4 with 3097 viewsdaveB

What is the long term plan.? on 10:21 - Nov 4 by ozexile

no scouting network looking at young players, first team players and the opposition, been that way since Mel Johnson left.

As you say no pathway to the first team for kids which should have changed under Ramsey but hasn't.

No pride in the club, the culture at QPR is to attract players we give them more money rather than have them buy into what the club is and have them want to do well for us, when it's all about money there is no heart and hasn't been at QPR since Holloway left.

No club identity, the owners don't seem to know what sort of club they have or what sort of club they want or how to achieve it We just bungle along from one mess to another.

Those problems as well as countless others have seen some of the most experienced managers in England look complete morons at QPR and will continue to do that when the next one turns up.
What is the long term plan.? on 11:16 - Nov 4 with 3094 viewsdaveB

What is the long term plan.? on 10:23 - Nov 4 by adhoc_qpr

But having Ramsey in place isn't helping fix any long term issues - just delivering short term mediocrity/failure (take your pick).

The long term issues (training ground, staff, youth, finances etc) are being tackled by Hoos and LF.

Ramsey is just coaching and picking the first team - and he's picking the likes of Henry and Hoillett anyway (both poor, both out of contract next summer)

I'm not suggesting Ramsey is helping fix long term issues, he's having a bad time at the moment and will probably be sacked soon enough but it won't get better until the club finally treat QPR with love and care rather than as a hobby
What is the long term plan.? on 11:21 - Nov 4 with 3072 viewsadhoc_qpr

What is the long term plan.? on 11:15 - Nov 4 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, our problem has definitely been not ruthlessly sacking enough managers.

If we'd sacked Redknapp in October after West Ham away and appointed Pulis, chances are we'd be watching dire defensive long ball football in the Premiership instead of the Championship today...
What is the long term plan.? on 11:56 - Nov 4 with 3026 viewsJamie

Long term thinking for QPR is which hotels to use for the January away games...

The financial situation at the clubs demands short term success. It really is unfortunately as simple as that.
What is the long term plan.? on 12:04 - Nov 4 with 3016 viewsolderR

How I wish we had moved on the players the club had hoped to.
I think we would then have had the new policy that was touted but the failure was wanting to sell the players for top dollar, if you're having a clear out do you charge high prices? After all the club gave away the best player it had for years because it suited them.
So if Sandro hadn't found his passport, Fer hadn't injured his knee and they had taken any reasonable offers for Phillips and Austin we would now be seeing a new way, but as it is would fans be happy seeing us probably lose more games if the prem leftovers were all left out? I think not.
What is the long term plan.? on 12:07 - Nov 4 with 3006 viewsdaveB

What is the long term plan.? on 11:56 - Nov 4 by Jamie

Long term thinking for QPR is which hotels to use for the January away games...

The financial situation at the clubs demands short term success. It really is unfortunately as simple as that.

You are right but seems so odd that they tried to cut spending last January when we had a decent chance of staying up, would have been far easier to finish 4th bottom last year than go up this year but a lot of fans gave up on the season after the Burnley defeat and the club seemed to as well
What is the long term plan.? on 12:11 - Nov 4 with 2987 viewsAntti_Heinola

What is the long term plan.? on 12:07 - Nov 4 by daveB

You are right but seems so odd that they tried to cut spending last January when we had a decent chance of staying up, would have been far easier to finish 4th bottom last year than go up this year but a lot of fans gave up on the season after the Burnley defeat and the club seemed to as well

far easier to finish 4th bottom last year?
dave, we spent £20m two years earlier to try and stay up. Remind me how that went.

Bare bones.

What is the long term plan.? on 12:18 - Nov 4 with 2966 viewsdaveB

What is the long term plan.? on 12:11 - Nov 4 by Antti_Heinola

far easier to finish 4th bottom last year?
dave, we spent £20m two years earlier to try and stay up. Remind me how that went.

not very well but if Fernandes is so desperate to be be in the prem we were hardly cut adrift in January, could easily have given Redknapp some money to buy more short term fixes and possibly keep us up. Just seems odd to just concede relegation, spend the summer talking about long term plans etc then demand promotion within a month. I possibly shouldn't be looking for logic with Fernandes though
What is the long term plan.? on 12:34 - Nov 4 with 2941 viewsstevec

What is the long term plan.? on 12:07 - Nov 4 by daveB

Good point, it would have been a lot easier.

For all the flak Redknapp was getting, at the end of 2014 we were still hanging in there for that 4th bottom spot. Come January the club decided to use the transfer window as a means to oust Redknapp by not getting in the few players it could have taken to rescue the situation. Someone at the top, rather than just firing Redknapp, decided undermining him was the answer. Using the transfer market was unforgivable. Les has got his fingerprints all over this and Ramsey is no innocent either.

I said at the time, a lot of fans were about to get the club they deserved rather than wished for and got a sh*t load of down arrows for my trouble. This is where we are now.
What is the long term plan.? on 12:55 - Nov 4 with 2915 viewswhittocksRs

The evidence is Fernandes wants a Premier League football club to promote his larger assets. He isn't interested in a team playing in the Championship, and is willing to throw money at his problems, regardless of the financial and legal results for QPR. That we know already and that won't change.

Fernandes is also a people-pleaser, so he will say things like 'dream manager', 'consolidation', 'development', 'youth players', 'a stadium open by 2018/19' and 'new training ground' without having any real idea of what that sort of thing entails. That breeds anger and resentment among the support, and I expect it to continue.

A lot hinges on the result of the financial fair play fine and where we end up this season — if it's a bigger fine than expected and we end up low in the tabke having lost our best players, I'm not sure what the board will do next. There's also the issue of the Tune Group's wider financial troubles, which are being reported by the Asian media and financial press. Our support keeps playing that down but there is talk of breaching banking covenants, which often ends up in restructuring and asset carve-ups.

I guess the long-term plan is just more of the same — promises, occasional successes and plenty of anger and let-downs. Perhaps Fernandes will look at selling if we can put together a reasonable go at going up within the next few years.
What is the long term plan.? on 13:06 - Nov 4 with 2904 viewsYorkRanger

What is the long term plan.? on 11:15 - Nov 4 by daveB

no scouting network looking at young players, first team players and the opposition, been that way since Mel Johnson left.

As you say no pathway to the first team for kids which should have changed under Ramsey but hasn't.

No pride in the club, the culture at QPR is to attract players we give them more money rather than have them buy into what the club is and have them want to do well for us, when it's all about money there is no heart and hasn't been at QPR since Holloway left.

No club identity, the owners don't seem to know what sort of club they have or what sort of club they want or how to achieve it We just bungle along from one mess to another.

Those problems as well as countless others have seen some of the most experienced managers in England look complete morons at QPR and will continue to do that when the next one turns up.

I think this is a really good post Dave
What is the long term plan.? on 15:42 - Nov 4 with 2829 viewsrunningman75

Promote a guy who is a good youth coach and then send decent prospects on loan to league 1/2. Play Karl Henry in any position ( next week striker if good enough for George Santos then Karl can play there).
Brand QPR is like a political nightmare with e-mails from the club stating how great things are and then people in the background tell the truth. Wonder if they will be sent to Siberia.
What is the long term plan.? on 16:22 - Nov 4 with 2799 viewsrobith

What is the long term plan.? on 11:21 - Nov 4 by adhoc_qpr

If we'd sacked Redknapp in October after West Ham away and appointed Pulis, chances are we'd be watching dire defensive long ball football in the Premiership instead of the Championship today...

Pulis wouldn't have touched us with a barge poll, he's a got that no relegation rep to maintain
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024