Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You're so vain identity finally revealed! 20:43 - Nov 18 with 2962 viewsbosh67

Carly Simon has revealed the subject of her hit song You’re So Vain, 40 years after it was released.

Despite saying that she’d never disclose his identity, the singer-songwriter has confirmed that one verse is about ex-boyfriend Warren Beatty.

In an interview with People magazine, the 70-year-old admits that the second verse of the 1972 track is about the A-lister.

Simon goes on to say that the other verses are in reference to other men in her life, although Beatty thinks that the whole song is about him.

F*ck, and I thought it was about me!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 20:47 - Nov 18 with 2941 viewsQPR442

Bosh i thought everyone knew it was about Beatty.
You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 20:47 - Nov 18 with 2940 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Wasn't that what everyone thought anyway?
You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:03 - Nov 18 with 2856 viewsKerryE

Yep, I knew years ago. Wasn't a very well kept secret evidently

Wait a minute, my bad - the song is NOT about Warren Beatty only one verse is.
So who is the song about?
[Post edited 18 Nov 2015 21:15]
You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:12 - Nov 18 with 2821 viewsbatmanhoop

thought it was Ryan O'Neil
You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:18 - Nov 18 with 2790 viewsscot1963

It was always said to be either Beatty or James Taylor I thought
You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:24 - Nov 18 with 2762 viewsDorse

Verse 1 - Ken Dodd
Verse 2 - Warren Beatty
Verse 3 - Manfred von Richtofen
Verse 4 - Jesse 'the Body' Ventura
Verse 5 - Orville

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:30 - Nov 18 with 2735 viewsPlanetHonneywood

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:33 - Nov 18 with 2724 viewsClive_Anderson

My money was on Ray Stubbs.
Login to get fewer ads

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:44 - Nov 18 with 2674 viewsFredManRave

Right, so that just leaves the identity of Kajagoogoos "Too Shy" to be revealed.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:48 - Nov 18 with 2652 viewsDorse

And who is this Scaramouche and could they do the fandango?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 22:09 - Nov 18 with 2565 viewsenfieldargh

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 21:44 - Nov 18 by FredManRave

Right, so that just leaves the identity of Kajagoogoos "Too Shy" to be revealed.

that would be our forward line of late

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 22:12 - Nov 18 with 2544 viewsted_hendrix

The third verse is about a bloke called Arnold.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 22:13 - Nov 18 with 2536 viewsSimonJames

Getting back on topic... when will they finally reveal who Bungle is secretly working for in order to try and destroy this club?

100% of people who drink water will die.

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 09:08 - Nov 19 with 2228 viewsCiderwithRsie

I love the fact that Beatty really does "think this song is about you"
You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 09:12 - Nov 19 with 2219 viewsTonto

this is the second biggest non-shock of all time, only beaten by the revalation that the bible was about god

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 09:13 - Nov 19 with 2215 viewsMick_S

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 09:08 - Nov 19 by CiderwithRsie

I love the fact that Beatty really does "think this song is about you"

Kevin?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 10:49 - Nov 19 with 2054 viewsMonahoop

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 22:12 - Nov 18 by ted_hendrix

The third verse is about a bloke called Arnold.

Not Arnold Ridley surely !!!?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 12:02 - Nov 19 with 1943 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can't be the only one who assumed it was about Disco?

Bare bones.

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 13:08 - Nov 19 with 1845 viewsjohncharles

Your secret is safe with me Dorse. Carly made me promise not tell anyone it was you and intend to keep that promise. Mum's the word.

Strong and stable my arse.

You're so vain identity finally revealed! on 20:36 - Nov 19 with 1675 viewsisawqpratwcity

She's just laying a false trail, away from me. But it's not vanity: I actually am wonderful.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024