Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 20:00 - Jan 1 with 6331 viewsBlackCrowe

In no particular order.

- Good first half performance, Hoillett and Matty causing problems on the wings
- Bruce sorted it out at half time and had 2 or 3 players on them in the second half every time they got near the ball
- Poulter looked hopeless but his goal was excellent from a great cross
- The cheering from Q and P blocks as Henry walked off the pitch was poor. He'd had a pretty solid game and the switch was tactical
- Chery looked good but still bottles the 50/50 balls
- The team is so much more organised under JFH - i have confidence that it will come good but we need a change of goalkeeper, more creativity in midfield and someone to either partner or cover for Chas (as JET and Poulter don't seem to be the answer at the moment.
- Need to see the replays for Hull's goals. Henry at fault for the first giving the ball away cheaply on the halfway line but the actual strike seemed to travel at 5 mph and i couldn't believe Green couldn't get to it but that may be harsh. The second goal was an utter cock up but could tell whether it was Green or Hall at fault or both.
- Draw would've been a fair result.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just back on 20:02 - Jan 1 with 5036 viewsNov77

they showed a different game on sky

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Just back on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 5013 viewsHooparoo

I'm not sure we were watching the same game? Respect for turning up to watch it live though mate.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Just back on 20:03 - Jan 1 with 5013 viewsTacticalR

Onuoha was constantly nowhere near his man, and for the second goal let the cross come in with no opposition.

Air hostess clique

Just back on 20:05 - Jan 1 with 4956 viewsessextaxiboy

Just back on 20:02 - Jan 1 by Nov77

Does armchair trump just back ?
Just back on 20:29 - Jan 1 with 4773 viewskensalriser

Just back on 20:03 - Jan 1 by TacticalR

Onuoha was constantly nowhere near his man, and for the second goal let the cross come in with no opposition.

Wasn't the first time he'd allowed a runner down the wing without impediment only this time his luck ran out.

We will struggle to get points with Onuoha as right back because it will keep costing us goals.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Just back on 20:33 - Jan 1 with 4740 viewsbosh67

Nothing against Angella today but Ned and Hall need to be the centre backs and we need Harriman back as a right back.
Apart from kicking and catching Green is a good keeper. Apart from saving stuff as well at the moment. How many points is he going to cost us. Still, he's only on 50K a week!
Poulter is no Charlie but he can put the ball in the net, but he needs a striker alongside him to also score goals.
Jimmy got Poulter and Chery round the wrong way today. Play Chery goal side. Get him in behind a defence.
Far too reliant on Faurlin to create anything.
Henry was fouled, quite obviously in the build up to their first goal. Right on front of me. Stone wall foul.
This team cannot see out a game or shut the back door. Really worrying now.

JFH needs to perform some surgery on this lot because they still aren't fit enough or fast enough. Hull proved that again today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 20:37 - Jan 1 with 4692 viewsbaz_qpr

Onuoha had an absolute shocker of a game, allowed his man to cross time and time again.

Chery was really poor, anonymous off the ball movement non existent at times.

The amount of times Faurlin received the ball in space and had no one make any runs other than Polter.

Henry was pretty poor too. Take Austin and Sandro out of our first 11 and play any other CB pairing other than Hall and Onuoha and we are a bottom 8 side with them we are possibly top 8.
Just back on 20:37 - Jan 1 with 4685 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 20:33 - Jan 1 by bosh67

Nothing against Angella today but Ned and Hall need to be the centre backs and we need Harriman back as a right back.
Apart from kicking and catching Green is a good keeper. Apart from saving stuff as well at the moment. How many points is he going to cost us. Still, he's only on 50K a week!
Poulter is no Charlie but he can put the ball in the net, but he needs a striker alongside him to also score goals.
Jimmy got Poulter and Chery round the wrong way today. Play Chery goal side. Get him in behind a defence.
Far too reliant on Faurlin to create anything.
Henry was fouled, quite obviously in the build up to their first goal. Right on front of me. Stone wall foul.
This team cannot see out a game or shut the back door. Really worrying now.

JFH needs to perform some surgery on this lot because they still aren't fit enough or fast enough. Hull proved that again today.

They showed it a few times on Sky. Would have been an incredibly soft decision to give a foul.
Login to get fewer ads

Just back on 20:47 - Jan 1 with 4600 viewsquickpassrotter

I must have been at a different match. We have serious problems. Thought that we were poor all round - exception being Ale, which is a worry as there is already too much reliance on him. Hull were good - but we did make them look good. Thought that we got out of jail with the Poulter equaliser and they should have scored again immediately after they kicked off but screwed the chance - never mind because dear old Rob is always on hand to chuck one in, and that's just what he did. Hull City did actually deserve all 3 points. Not sure how JFH will pick the bones out of that. Crowd around me in SAR stand seem resigned to the long hard winter. Surely not a relegation battle in front of us - it will be if we do not improve, and quickly.
Just back on 21:28 - Jan 1 with 4424 viewsBostonR

Just back on 20:47 - Jan 1 by quickpassrotter

I must have been at a different match. We have serious problems. Thought that we were poor all round - exception being Ale, which is a worry as there is already too much reliance on him. Hull were good - but we did make them look good. Thought that we got out of jail with the Poulter equaliser and they should have scored again immediately after they kicked off but screwed the chance - never mind because dear old Rob is always on hand to chuck one in, and that's just what he did. Hull City did actually deserve all 3 points. Not sure how JFH will pick the bones out of that. Crowd around me in SAR stand seem resigned to the long hard winter. Surely not a relegation battle in front of us - it will be if we do not improve, and quickly.

Spot-on post.
Just back on 21:35 - Jan 1 with 4373 viewsbosh67

Yup, pretty much right. We are in trouble. Overall the problem is that the players don't seem to be fit enough to play a high tempo style, which is a big problem. Agree that we are hugely reliant on Ale . Crowd can sense we are in trouble. JFH and staff need to have a real think about how they can get this lot playing properly. NW slowed it down and that seemed to work. The first few games under JFH looked encouraging but they clearly aren't fit enough or quick enough.

Need to get Harriman and Gladwin back to give us more options.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back on 21:53 - Jan 1 with 4283 viewsbaz_qpr

Just back on 21:35 - Jan 1 by bosh67

Yup, pretty much right. We are in trouble. Overall the problem is that the players don't seem to be fit enough to play a high tempo style, which is a big problem. Agree that we are hugely reliant on Ale . Crowd can sense we are in trouble. JFH and staff need to have a real think about how they can get this lot playing properly. NW slowed it down and that seemed to work. The first few games under JFH looked encouraging but they clearly aren't fit enough or quick enough.

Need to get Harriman and Gladwin back to give us more options.

I really don't see what Harriman and Gladwin are bringing to the party here. Our problems are in central midfield (defensive), centre forward and the collapse in form of the keeper. Would probably add a winger if the right one was available. Our problem is not numbers its the mediocrity of those outside our best 11 (and in some cases inside it)
Just back on 22:02 - Jan 1 with 4224 viewsWatford_Ranger

Just back on 21:53 - Jan 1 by baz_qpr

I really don't see what Harriman and Gladwin are bringing to the party here. Our problems are in central midfield (defensive), centre forward and the collapse in form of the keeper. Would probably add a winger if the right one was available. Our problem is not numbers its the mediocrity of those outside our best 11 (and in some cases inside it)

Gladwin (and Luongo and Doughty) would bring some energy to this incredibly lethargic midfield. None of them are 'holding' players like Henry or Sandro but I don't see what those two have been adding defensively. Any of those could at the very least get box to box alongside Faurlin.

Harriman is needed as Onuoha, despite the insistence of every manager the club has had for four years, isn't a full-back. Hull had two energetic, young, quick, attacking full-backs. We had a centre-half and ET.
Just back on 22:10 - Jan 1 with 4183 viewsjoolsyp

We were second best all over the pitch, admittedly to a team that should get promoted this season. Hull were everything we weren't - they pressed high up the pitch, passed the ball brilliantly, worked hard off the ball, were physically imposing (Diame, Myler and Maguire especially) and their right and left backs were superb. The gulf in class was embarrassing at times and yet we still could/should have come away with a point. This was a premiership-to-be team making us look what we are - a bottom half of the Championship team.

We did look pretty organised at times and I thought Philips had a good half and Hall (apart from the mix-up with Green) is a player of the season in waiting. Very disappointed with Ale today, love him to bits but he looked like he was wading through treacle for most of the match. He couldn't cope with the physicality and speed of Hull's midfield.

Disagree with the OP's conclusion - I think we got what we deserved today, would have been daylight robbery had we snatched a point.
Just back on 22:40 - Jan 1 with 4064 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just back on 20:02 - Jan 1 by Nov77

And at the ground.... It was dire stuff from where I was sitting. Looked no better organised than under Ramsey to me. Place was as quiet as the grave too. All in all a thoroughly miserable time all round.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 23:01]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Just back on 22:40 - Jan 1 with 4062 viewsCHUBBS

Just back on 22:10 - Jan 1 by joolsyp

We were second best all over the pitch, admittedly to a team that should get promoted this season. Hull were everything we weren't - they pressed high up the pitch, passed the ball brilliantly, worked hard off the ball, were physically imposing (Diame, Myler and Maguire especially) and their right and left backs were superb. The gulf in class was embarrassing at times and yet we still could/should have come away with a point. This was a premiership-to-be team making us look what we are - a bottom half of the Championship team.

We did look pretty organised at times and I thought Philips had a good half and Hall (apart from the mix-up with Green) is a player of the season in waiting. Very disappointed with Ale today, love him to bits but he looked like he was wading through treacle for most of the match. He couldn't cope with the physicality and speed of Hull's midfield.

Disagree with the OP's conclusion - I think we got what we deserved today, would have been daylight robbery had we snatched a point.

Well that Premiership team in the making just got done at Rotherham and Preston so that puts our pathetic performance in perspective.
Just back on 22:44 - Jan 1 with 4023 viewspaulparker

Just back on 22:40 - Jan 1 by Northolt_Rs

And at the ground.... It was dire stuff from where I was sitting. Looked no better organised than under Ramsey to me. Place was as quiet as the grave too. All in all a thoroughly miserable time all round.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2016 23:01]

Blue Peter badge for those who went , utter sh1t
glad that TF was there to see it and realise what a fcuk up he has made
this all goes back to sacking NW first time round

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back on 23:12 - Jan 1 with 3903 viewsstevec

An absolute pleasure to see yet another totally inept performance from this weeks number 10 of choice, John Chery. 5 fckin midfielders out there and did any of them manage a shot on target?
5 midfielders and did one of them ever run at the oppo?

Still, why bust a gut when you can chip shi t passes forward into no mans land and get paid a fckin fortune to do it, why bother when you're Big centre half can do it for you and get a decent cross in, so unseemly

4-5-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-3-2-1, it's all shi t. If you can't cope in a 4 man midfield just fck off and do another sport.
Just back on 01:03 - Jan 2 with 3664 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I thought Hull were pretty average and certainly didn't deserve all three points. I would imagine they can't believe their luck.
Just back on 01:08 - Jan 2 with 3649 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Just back on 22:10 - Jan 1 by joolsyp

You must wither be a Hull fan or was watching another game. Very average I thought. In fact I have yet to be impressed with any visiting side. It's a poor league this year which makes it all the more frustrating.
Just back on 02:15 - Jan 2 with 3580 viewsconnell10

Just back on 01:08 - Jan 2 by CroydonCaptJack

You must wither be a Hull fan or was watching another game. Very average I thought. In fact I have yet to be impressed with any visiting side. It's a poor league this year which makes it all the more frustrating.

i agree mate i thought dull were very average, which will always beat shite i suppose!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back on 02:48 - Jan 2 with 3548 viewsnix

Me too, I thought they were crap too. A lot of their passes went astray when we weren't really pressing them much. They allowed us a number of good chances: Poulter taking about five minutes to get a shot away when ten yards out, heading wide when in a good position, think it was Faurlin hitting over from six yards out. We had 14 chances and only got two on target. They only managed two from twelve. They only won cos we gifted them the second goal, cos we were wasteful with our chances and cos we've got a centre back playing right back.

Given their position in the table, they were pretty disappointing.
Just back on 07:41 - Jan 2 with 3429 viewsGetMeRangers

Just back on 01:08 - Jan 2 by CroydonCaptJack

This
Very poor league and utterly frustrating as pretty well all teams look very beatable.... if you had a half decent side or as Warnock showed, half decent drilled side.
Yet for me, this is not my main gripe. I cant take losing or late draws, but please entertain me. The football is getting worse. The Burnley and Brighton games offered real hope... but the three since have sapped it.
Ho hum. Off with my sons to Notts Trees next week. No chance of that voodoo being broken
Les is quoted as saying, on JFH appointment, 'that if we were aiming for consolidation then we would have stuck with CR'. Ironic that a few weeks later and I can see nothing else and hope that, at least, the focus is now firmly back where it was at the beginning of the season and building an established unit of players that can challenge for next year. Smithies will be our keeper then, so that would be one area I would start with
Just back on 08:49 - Jan 2 with 3322 viewsWeaverQPR

All the work under Warnock and Blackwell undone. Shipping goals again no organisation and once again all over the place.

@WeavQPR

Just back on 10:19 - Jan 2 with 3171 viewspaulparker

Just back on 08:49 - Jan 2 by WeaverQPR

All the work under Warnock and Blackwell undone. Shipping goals again no organisation and once again all over the place.

That would be the same NW who was slagged off , called a crook and a snitch , etc
And the same Kevin Blackwell who caused this MB to go into meltdown when appointed number 2
And again was called all the names under the sun
I wonder if those two wins they picked up in 4 weeks will be the points that keep us up at the end of the season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024