Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The QPR fans 09:17 - Jan 3 with 9434 viewsBAWHoops

I've been thinking long and hard about the mess that our club is in and I must say that this season has been wholly unenjoyable.

It was going absolutely fine whilst we bobbed about in mind table in August and the noises from the club were to do with consolidation... then that sodding Instagram post! Since then QPR has been a toxic atmosphere and I must say that perhaps the fans need to take a look at themselves in the mirror.

Over the last few weeks I have seen Les Ferdinand (LES FERDINAND!!!!) described as a cancer within the club. I have seen (on some other... less reputable boards) so called fans say that when JFH is sacked Les will just appoint Chris Powell, and other fans seem to insinuate that Les isn't putting the clubs best interests at heart. These type of comments are absolutely vile, racist and misinformed. However much you love Clint Hill, Charlie Austin or Joey sodding Barton not one of them can hold a candle to Les and what he has done for this club... and what the club has done for him. It's absurd to think he is using QPR as a vehicle to appoint his mates and nobody else. Keep your ill informed and archaic racism out of my club.

I was also thinking about how ashamed I am of QPR. Ashamed. What a terrible word to associate with the club you love. There's a school of thought that we are the worst run club in the country. I wouldn't argue with that. Others may say Blackpool, Leeds & Newcastle are worse.... but here's the difference, their fans have tried to do something about it. What have we as a group of fans done since Tony Fernandes came in and sent our club hurtling towards League 1 with a mountain of debt? Nothing. We have sat here and taken it because of empty promises of new stadiums (I mean... come on), new training grounds, and a global brand. Where the hell is our dignity.
We all know what is happening at QPR and we all know what way this club is going, it's going down. We as fans are sitting here silently letting it happen and letting a group of chancers take us all for a ride. Remember when we went down in 2013 and Tony 'fronted up' to the media to give a press conference about how lessons had been learnt. It's 3 years later and we are still eating the crap he is serving us.

Our next home game is live, on TV against Wolves. I think we as fans need to think about how we want to be portrayed, because I am sick of the club being bent over and shafted up the arse so that Tony sodding Fernandes and his mates can promote Air Asia across the world to the detriment of the wonderful football club I have supported all my life.
If people would rather boo Karl Henry (the man who was arguably our 2nd best player last season) than actually focus their ire and frustration on the cause of the problem then thats their decision. But not so long ago we had had enough of Briatore and his cronies ruining our club, so we did something about it. A small protest, but a protest none the less. A few weeks later Neil Warnock was in charge under Bhatia.....

For gods sake Rangers fans, lets find some dignity. lets support the team and tell these tossers in the boardroom exactly where to go and what we want with our club. It doesn't need to be mutiny but it needs something because we are sinking and sinking fast. When we are in League 1 with debt up to our eyeballs we may well wish we had said and done something a lot earlier.

Rant over. Am sure it has upset people, but I needed to get it off my chest. Happy Sunday

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

The QPR fans on 00:03 - Jan 4 with 2503 viewsPunteR

The QPR fans on 23:18 - Jan 3 by johncharles

Hope you're not accusing me of booing my team. Never have, never will. A few moans and groans when I'm served up crap heavily compensated by cheering and singing when I see good football.
The only football I watch on TV are matches where I'm a neutral and then not often because you only get to see what they want you to see and only hear the supporters nearest the mini studio.
I've noticed that most of the criticism of the fans comes from people who watched the last few games on the tele. Believe me, at Loftus Road atmosphere is much the as it has been for the last forty years. We don't like boring football no matter what the result is. Give us exciting, skilful football and there's no better place to be.

I consider myself an armchair fan, I've been to 4 home games and watched all the televised games.
Yeh the booing came out loud and clear on my Samsung tv. It doesn't sound good but its not a surprise at the moment as expectations have gone up.
I've been called a happy clapper on here in the past so I guess that gives me the right to have a pop at all the whing bags on here doesn't it?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The QPR fans on 00:47 - Jan 4 with 2477 viewsPommyhoop

The QPR fans on 00:03 - Jan 4 by PunteR

I consider myself an armchair fan, I've been to 4 home games and watched all the televised games.
Yeh the booing came out loud and clear on my Samsung tv. It doesn't sound good but its not a surprise at the moment as expectations have gone up.
I've been called a happy clapper on here in the past so I guess that gives me the right to have a pop at all the whing bags on here doesn't it?

Dunno about an armchair fan mate, some pple on here have been far less than that but go on like they are super fan or something.
You might be a happy clapper tho. Do what I did , embrace that word ,Own it like our gay and black brothers owned their respective offensive slurs.
Tell you one thing tho ,I'm calling you out for being a Chelsea fan for watching the matches on a Samsung...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

The QPR fans on 01:06 - Jan 4 with 2461 viewsjohncharles

Okay, yeah, when I was writing my little sermon I did think well, we have a lot of fans in Oz who have little option but to watch the games on TV but what comes across on the tele, when I've watched highlights, is not the atmosphere at the ground. Just thought I'd point that out.

Strong and stable my arse.

The QPR fans on 01:18 - Jan 4 with 2452 viewsPommyhoop

The QPR fans on 01:06 - Jan 4 by johncharles

Okay, yeah, when I was writing my little sermon I did think well, we have a lot of fans in Oz who have little option but to watch the games on TV but what comes across on the tele, when I've watched highlights, is not the atmosphere at the ground. Just thought I'd point that out.

You go loads mate.I know that us armchair fans cant assess the atmosphere properly
thats why I have asked questions about it before now.One such question upset a lot of pple on here but there you go, c'est la vie.
Tell you what is troubling tho, even tho we cant assess the overall atmosphere ,the booing of our players comes across loud and clear.. It makes me cringe ,always has and always will do.
Again, c'est la vie , some may like it or respect it ,not for me tho.

The QPR fans on 01:48 - Jan 4 with 2435 viewsjohncharles

The QPR fans on 01:18 - Jan 4 by Pommyhoop

You go loads mate.I know that us armchair fans cant assess the atmosphere properly
thats why I have asked questions about it before now.One such question upset a lot of pple on here but there you go, c'est la vie.
Tell you what is troubling tho, even tho we cant assess the overall atmosphere ,the booing of our players comes across loud and clear.. It makes me cringe ,always has and always will do.
Again, c'est la vie , some may like it or respect it ,not for me tho.

But what I'm saying is that the booing is not all that when you're actually in the ground and a lot of it is misinterpreted. Like the booing when Sandro was subbed the other day. It was decision to take him off that upset people. We all wanted him to stay on. By far the most booing was directed at the Hull players who took forever to go off when they were subbed.

The QPR fans on 02:00 - Jan 4 with 2429 viewsPommyhoop

The QPR fans on 01:48 - Jan 4 by johncharles

But what I'm saying is that the booing is not all that when you're actually in the ground and a lot of it is misinterpreted. Like the booing when Sandro was subbed the other day. It was decision to take him off that upset people. We all wanted him to stay on. By far the most booing was directed at the Hull players who took forever to go off when they were subbed.

I'm on about when its obvious its against one of our players.Such as when Henry was subbed and then for Fer when he came on.Nice that they are sharing it out a bit. Like I said they pay their money and I supose it is classed as entertainment as panto is .Not for me tho ,makes me cringe.

The QPR fans on 02:14 - Jan 4 with 2422 viewsjohncharles

The QPR fans on 02:00 - Jan 4 by Pommyhoop

I'm on about when its obvious its against one of our players.Such as when Henry was subbed and then for Fer when he came on.Nice that they are sharing it out a bit. Like I said they pay their money and I supose it is classed as entertainment as panto is .Not for me tho ,makes me cringe.

Just saying that it must come across more on. The tele because, at the game, it really isn't all that. It's been more noticeable lately because the football has been so poor. It's audience participation.It's was worse at the Comedy Store
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 2:17]

The QPR fans on 02:22 - Jan 4 with 2418 viewsPommyhoop

The QPR fans on 02:14 - Jan 4 by johncharles

Just saying that it must come across more on. The tele because, at the game, it really isn't all that. It's been more noticeable lately because the football has been so poor. It's audience participation.It's was worse at the Comedy Store
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 2:17]

I'd respect that point of view a lot more if there wasn't so many post by people who were at the game who substantiate it being pretty bad. It works both ways too.Example ;; the treatment of Polter. I was unaware of the abuse at him because it didn't come across on the box. I had to come on here and read about it. And again, it made my toes curl up.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 2:31]

Login to get fewer ads

The QPR fans on 03:19 - Jan 4 with 2390 viewsFloridaR

Les has really stuck his neck out in this roll and is childhood idol of mine but he put all his eggs in one basket with hiring ramsey and coach jfh.

The atmosphere was dead v hull, only 1 rousing half hearted come on you r's last 10 of the game.
In second half the coaches voices was audible in stadium and players. Our assistant coach was shouting thats the reward ?? _ As henry double teamed with ohuaha to take back possession. For most part of game the crowd was silent growing agitated after conceeding.

The reward for us paying cable fans watching the game was a game deviod of creativity, Faurlin being our play maker 10 15 yards from his defence, seriously our game needs to change from playing faurlin as one of the double pivots infront of defence, we need mobile fullbacks as well.
Makes me scream watching unfit and incorrect player types playing a 4 2 3 1 and players recently playing tighter but look really restricted in play.
I dont think Results will come in the current formation with the same players we have from last season playing, done this for 2 seasons and something has to give.
Warnock was running 4141 which is defensive stage of 4 3 3 and would best suit our fast players to counter and attack.
Start of season all talk of playing old rangers way football is rubbish, the club need to abandon 42 3 1 as system of play and adapt to opponents weakness's & strengths in the flow of play, thats why we need a good EXPERIENCED Coach to make important transition. Each week side plays 6-9 players from last year and was thinking this might be a hurdle jfh faces where as players are on guaranteed amount of 1st team games.

Overall most fans aren't clueless about football formations and tactics and watching some poor performance this season must be very hard to get behind the club with support and cheering. I believe jfh played 4231 at other club so test of measure will be to see if he can adapt his tactics as he alluded to changing formation against Notts F...hope he takes chance to see change longer term, if so then fans will see best out of players and if not then same mediocre entertainment.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 3:30]

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: Happy I'm the 'chosen one'

The QPR fans on 06:17 - Jan 4 with 2334 viewsthemodfather

i love the twist when all's wrong with the team, blame the fans...most of him are newbys it seems these days and are happy to sit mute,enjoy and go.

we have been thru a lot as a fanbase and it's too long a story and it's been told over and over..so a few voice an opinion, so what? that's part of the game...there seems again a rumbling of interference and the finger points at les, and let's be clear...he is spurs. the team selections seem odd at times and performances topsy turvy to say the least, has JFH the nuts to speak out one way or the other?
we have a squad of players and few seem bothered about the club, it's future or the fans and that's too much a part of the modern game, short contracts (in many cases) and huge wages ( not for long) so there's little connection.
The QPR fans on 09:08 - Jan 4 with 2235 viewsDevonWhite

The QPR fans on 02:22 - Jan 4 by Pommyhoop

I'd respect that point of view a lot more if there wasn't so many post by people who were at the game who substantiate it being pretty bad. It works both ways too.Example ;; the treatment of Polter. I was unaware of the abuse at him because it didn't come across on the box. I had to come on here and read about it. And again, it made my toes curl up.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 2:31]

It's not just pretty bad it's dreadful. I'm amazed that people can say the booing is aimed largely at the opposition; it isn't. On Friday the abuse of Polter and cheering of Henry's substitution in particular was disgusting. Cringeworthy, unproductive and embarrassing.
The QPR fans on 10:02 - Jan 4 with 2184 viewsQPunkR

The QPR fans on 09:08 - Jan 4 by DevonWhite

It's not just pretty bad it's dreadful. I'm amazed that people can say the booing is aimed largely at the opposition; it isn't. On Friday the abuse of Polter and cheering of Henry's substitution in particular was disgusting. Cringeworthy, unproductive and embarrassing.

Worse than the booing of our own players is the face that seemingly there's only ever about 20% of the stadium actually making noise. I don't go to the football and wait to be entertained (though I do have the hope that it ends up being a good game!), I go for the atmosphere. I just cannot fathom ppl who'd pay through the nose for a ticket then just sit on their hands for 90+mins. What's the point in being there, honestly?

QPR - "shit but local"

The QPR fans on 10:08 - Jan 4 with 2176 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 10:02 - Jan 4 by QPunkR

Worse than the booing of our own players is the face that seemingly there's only ever about 20% of the stadium actually making noise. I don't go to the football and wait to be entertained (though I do have the hope that it ends up being a good game!), I go for the atmosphere. I just cannot fathom ppl who'd pay through the nose for a ticket then just sit on their hands for 90+mins. What's the point in being there, honestly?

To watch a game of football?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

The QPR fans on 10:11 - Jan 4 with 2171 viewsQPunkR

The QPR fans on 10:08 - Jan 4 by TheBlob

To watch a game of football?

Totally impassively?

Like I said, I can't understand it.

QPR - "shit but local"

The QPR fans on 10:12 - Jan 4 with 2172 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think we all just need to get a bit of perspective and relax.

Yes we are pretty dreadful at the moment and may well end up skirting relegation this season, but we've all been here before.

JFH is currently making all the same mistakes our new managers usually make, but he has a good past record and there is hope that he will start to improve us.

The debt is allegedly written off, so let's just wait and see the FFP situation play out before we assume the worst.

On the pitch, we have Hall surpassing expectations, Mackie and Faurlin are both fan favourites and we potentially have a new cult figure in Polter (stupid hair, German, can't control the ball but somehow has scored 2 in 2!) - so it's not all bad.

As for Les, he's a club legend but an inexperienced DoF working for mental owners - his performance so far has been pretty patchy but with a decent CEO on board hopefully things will improve.

Basically, we're rubbish and in a mess - but that's usual for QPR! Let's get our sense of humour back.
The QPR fans on 10:13 - Jan 4 with 2024 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 10:11 - Jan 4 by QPunkR

Totally impassively?

Like I said, I can't understand it.

So my presence at a game is not valid unless I indulge in some bizarre,frothing at the mouth for 90 minutes Group Therapy?

The QPR fans on 10:16 - Jan 4 with 2017 viewsQPunkR

The QPR fans on 10:13 - Jan 4 by TheBlob

So my presence at a game is not valid unless I indulge in some bizarre,frothing at the mouth for 90 minutes Group Therapy?

Not valid? wtf are you whingeing about?
All I said was I can't understand those who go to games and don't make a peep. Where did I say you had to be slating the players? Hows about joining in with a chant and make a bit of atmosphere?

QPR - "shit but local"

The QPR fans on 10:17 - Jan 4 with 2009 viewsTheBlob

The QPR fans on 10:16 - Jan 4 by QPunkR

Not valid? wtf are you whingeing about?
All I said was I can't understand those who go to games and don't make a peep. Where did I say you had to be slating the players? Hows about joining in with a chant and make a bit of atmosphere?

Shan't.
They also serve who only sit and use their brains.

The QPR fans on 11:15 - Jan 4 with 1941 viewsBlue_Castello

The QPR fans on 10:12 - Jan 4 by adhoc_qpr

Yes we are pretty dreadful at the moment and may well end up skirting relegation this season, but we've all been here before.

JFH is currently making all the same mistakes our new managers usually make, but he has a good past record and there is hope that he will start to improve us.

The debt is allegedly written off, so let's just wait and see the FFP situation play out before we assume the worst.

On the pitch, we have Hall surpassing expectations, Mackie and Faurlin are both fan favourites and we potentially have a new cult figure in Polter (stupid hair, German, can't control the ball but somehow has scored 2 in 2!) - so it's not all bad.

As for Les, he's a club legend but an inexperienced DoF working for mental owners - his performance so far has been pretty patchy but with a decent CEO on board hopefully things will improve.

Basically, we're rubbish and in a mess - but that's usual for QPR! Let's get our sense of humour back.

Agreed the last thing we need now is demonstrations because the original post started off moaning about the fans and as usual ends up blaming the board because the buck stops there. As Dave said in his reply we have been informed that the debt has been written off so why keep using that a stick to beat them with. Theres no question plenty of mistakes have been made by managers in the transfer market but its where we are now that matters not whats happened in the last 4 seasons.

Since January this year the cheque book mentality has been well and truly ditched, Harry was refused any more money so he walked. he didn't crawl which he would have done if he had a real knee complaint, no seriously he made that shit up to get out what an honorable man, tosser.
In the Summer we recruited sensibly on Championship wages, so we are led to believe, at the time most on here thought they were reasonable signings now the knives are out and people are saying most are crap, great when the old hindsight kicks in yet again, surely not the possible early stages of dementia. [wink
We have recruited one of the best CEOs going from all accounts after getting rid of the biggest shister going at the beginning of the year. Every time fans have met with Hoos and Ferdinand they only have good things to say, Hoos has created an open forum and will listen to sensible rational people. Ferdinand is new at his job but every time he talks it is constructive, he has a clear strategy for the future, we need to stick with Hoos and Ferdinand and maintain stability.

JFH appeared to be the best candidate for the Managers position the bloke needs to be given time, no more calling for changes imo we need to stick with the bloke.
Theres potentially a number of changes going to happen in the next four weeks if we can get the high earners off the wage bill then the smart money says they will go and that would include Austin and Philips.

Its looking very likely we will be in a relegation dogfight soon, have a look at the fixture list, the fans need to get behind the 11 players who take the pitch. As has been said already the abuse Polter got against Hull was totally out of order, it may well not have come across on TV it was definitely loud enough for him to hear as you could see from his facial expressions.
Polter reminds me a bit of Nygaard another player with limited ability but worked hard and was integral to helping us avoid relegation, if I'm not wrong he was encouraged from the stands even though he wasn't the most skilful of players.
We could well be very close to relegation by the end of the month so even though Polters not the best can we all try and support the bloke.
I also went to the Ipswich game and it was amazing how some fans wanted to sing weve got a shit effing German early in the first half, they didn't want to give him a chance, I guess there some of the numptys Clive is talking about.

fyi - Pommy the booing was not anything worse than what weve had before but it would help if everybody gets behind the team till the end of the season.
The QPR fans on 12:14 - Jan 4 with 1893 viewsstevec

Get the feeling the fan base has slightly changed at the ground since we went back to the Premier League.

Years back, if I was up ranting at our own or more often the opposition, it was quite likely someone 5 seats down was doing the same. A couple of seasons ago I noticed I was mostly standing ranting on my own, as such I've tended to keep my counsel and sit in relative peace these days. It seems this general malaise afflicts the ground whether we are up or down out on the field.

The Hull players taking the pi ss after both goals at our own end was a prime example, years back a few well aimed plastic bottles (sans bottle tops) and some serious abuse would have galvanised the support. Not these days.
The QPR fans on 13:14 - Jan 4 with 1841 viewsR_from_afar

A truly excellent post, making the points I was going to make.

Things are far from ideal but it's not all bad. We really have learned some lessons. We fans should remember that.

Now let's get behind *all* the players and see if we our passionate and raucous support can inspire the team to start heading up rather than down the table.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The QPR fans on 13:16 - Jan 4 with 1837 viewsR_from_afar

The QPR fans on 11:15 - Jan 4 by Blue_Castello

Agreed the last thing we need now is demonstrations because the original post started off moaning about the fans and as usual ends up blaming the board because the buck stops there. As Dave said in his reply we have been informed that the debt has been written off so why keep using that a stick to beat them with. Theres no question plenty of mistakes have been made by managers in the transfer market but its where we are now that matters not whats happened in the last 4 seasons.

Since January this year the cheque book mentality has been well and truly ditched, Harry was refused any more money so he walked. he didn't crawl which he would have done if he had a real knee complaint, no seriously he made that shit up to get out what an honorable man, tosser.
In the Summer we recruited sensibly on Championship wages, so we are led to believe, at the time most on here thought they were reasonable signings now the knives are out and people are saying most are crap, great when the old hindsight kicks in yet again, surely not the possible early stages of dementia. [wink
We have recruited one of the best CEOs going from all accounts after getting rid of the biggest shister going at the beginning of the year. Every time fans have met with Hoos and Ferdinand they only have good things to say, Hoos has created an open forum and will listen to sensible rational people. Ferdinand is new at his job but every time he talks it is constructive, he has a clear strategy for the future, we need to stick with Hoos and Ferdinand and maintain stability.

JFH appeared to be the best candidate for the Managers position the bloke needs to be given time, no more calling for changes imo we need to stick with the bloke.
Theres potentially a number of changes going to happen in the next four weeks if we can get the high earners off the wage bill then the smart money says they will go and that would include Austin and Philips.

Its looking very likely we will be in a relegation dogfight soon, have a look at the fixture list, the fans need to get behind the 11 players who take the pitch. As has been said already the abuse Polter got against Hull was totally out of order, it may well not have come across on TV it was definitely loud enough for him to hear as you could see from his facial expressions.
Polter reminds me a bit of Nygaard another player with limited ability but worked hard and was integral to helping us avoid relegation, if I'm not wrong he was encouraged from the stands even though he wasn't the most skilful of players.
We could well be very close to relegation by the end of the month so even though Polters not the best can we all try and support the bloke.
I also went to the Ipswich game and it was amazing how some fans wanted to sing weve got a shit effing German early in the first half, they didn't want to give him a chance, I guess there some of the numptys Clive is talking about.

fyi - Pommy the booing was not anything worse than what weve had before but it would help if everybody gets behind the team till the end of the season.

Absolutely spot on. Respect!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The QPR fans on 13:34 - Jan 4 with 1801 viewsVish

I think the mood and atmosphere would have been much different if we didn’t decide to change our tact and think we have players good enough to win promotion.

Before that, everyone was generally happy with the signings that were made and the emphasis to give some of our youngsters a chance. There was a plan at that stage, which most fans would have been happy with. However that’s all gone to pot now the direction (from the top) is we have experienced players, lets use them to gain promotion — when simply — the players are just not good enough.

In the summer we were almost there with a plan — but got ditched basically cos TF said so…
The QPR fans on 13:50 - Jan 4 with 1783 viewsstowmarketrange

The QPR fans on 12:14 - Jan 4 by stevec

Get the feeling the fan base has slightly changed at the ground since we went back to the Premier League.

Years back, if I was up ranting at our own or more often the opposition, it was quite likely someone 5 seats down was doing the same. A couple of seasons ago I noticed I was mostly standing ranting on my own, as such I've tended to keep my counsel and sit in relative peace these days. It seems this general malaise afflicts the ground whether we are up or down out on the field.

The Hull players taking the pi ss after both goals at our own end was a prime example, years back a few well aimed plastic bottles (sans bottle tops) and some serious abuse would have galvanised the support. Not these days.

I definitely don't agree with throwing anything at the opposition players,but the atmosphere has been lost a lot because of the stupid decision to have a family stand behind the goal.I can't see it ever changing back to an ordinary stand now though.
The QPR fans on 20:45 - Jan 4 with 1667 viewsHadders

Adhoc, thank you for a brilliant post. Seriously, people need to get a grip.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2016 21:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024