Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being a QPR legend 11:13 - Jan 24 with 7061 viewsnightwish

How many years do you think a player needs to play for QPR to become a QPR legend.Where would Charlie Austin rate.I believe if he had been at QPR for another couple of seasons he would have been in that category.You have your real legends like Rodney Marsh,Stan Bowles,Gerry Francis etc Then you have the likes of Kevin Gallen,I sort of even regard the likes of Gino Padula as a bit QPR legend.In the end it is where a great player makes his name at one particular club.I suppose you could grade it like grade 1 legends ie Marsh,Bowles,Francis etc Grade 2 legends Padula etc then great players ie Charlie Austin that don't fit the legend category.
Being a QPR legend on 19:14 - Jan 24 with 1753 viewsQPRDave

Being a QPR legend on 17:19 - Jan 24 by essextaxiboy

Steve Palmer

Captain , while we came back from the brink . Delivered Ollies message on the pitch, not the best but gave everything every game until he left .

[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 17:21]

How quaint........hoops that go all the way round!
Being a QPR legend on 19:38 - Jan 24 with 1740 viewsjohncharles

A legend would be someone who did unbelievable things.
I give you - Mark Dennis

As for Charle Austin, he may yet be come a legend.

Strong and stable my arse.

Being a QPR legend on 19:53 - Jan 24 with 1728 viewsHollowayRanger

not a legend but no one ever mentions or seems to like

terry fenwick

guy was class could play fullback centreback sweeper central midfield took a freekick deadly penalties liked a mean tackle scored our fa cup final goal England caps venables main player and yet rarely gets the respect

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Being a QPR legend on 20:31 - Jan 24 with 1694 viewsingeminate

Being a QPR legend on 17:19 - Jan 24 by essextaxiboy

Steve Palmer

Captain , while we came back from the brink . Delivered Ollies message on the pitch, not the best but gave everything every game until he left .

[Post edited 24 Jan 2016 17:21]

In last thirty years Les Ferdinand and Alan McDonald.

Holloway for playing then that promotion season.

Hill, Gallen, Bircham, Cook, Austin, Beardsley, Willo all very close and honourable mentions.

Cult heros - Gino Bobby Adel.

Make a case for Seaman, Sinclair and few others, but can't put them all in.

Otherwise

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Being a QPR legend on 20:32 - Jan 24 with 1691 viewsPunteR

Being a QPR legend on 19:53 - Jan 24 by HollowayRanger

not a legend but no one ever mentions or seems to like

terry fenwick

guy was class could play fullback centreback sweeper central midfield took a freekick deadly penalties liked a mean tackle scored our fa cup final goal England caps venables main player and yet rarely gets the respect

Fenwick was my favorite player when i was a lad. He's a QPR legend in my house.
I never saw Bowles or Marsh so i just accept they are legends based on what i've been told and the history books.
Macdonald,Ferdinand,Sinton,Parker,Holloway are up there for me. The more recent ones Ainsworth,Hill, Taarabt(sorry but that season was immense),Faurlin.
Regarding Zamora,i agree with a post above ,that he's not a legend but the moment and occasion was legendary.
Austin will be a legend for my kids probably as is Mackie.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Being a QPR legend on 20:35 - Jan 24 with 1688 viewsjamois

I wonder whether we are likely to have a 'legend' again. With the rise of player power, the money in the game, the lack of loyalty, the lack of identity, I would favour it being unlikely to happen. There is a greater chance of unearthing a club legend if we slip lower down the leagues where the real football is played. I think it more likely then to get a long-serving player who is playing for the badge.

LEGENDS: Marsh, Lazarus, Bowles, Francis, Ferdinand, MacDonald
ICONS: Sexton, Venables, Clement, Thomas, Wegerle, Sinclair, Maddix, Jones, Taarabt
GOOD SORTS: Masson, Waddock, Zamora, Austin
BELL-ENDS: Taarabt, Bosingwa, Hughes, Briatore

I guess all those lists could be developed a fair bit, particularly the final category.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Being a QPR legend on 20:45 - Jan 24 with 1673 viewsShotKneesHoop

Being a QPR legend on 16:46 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

We might as stay at home every Saturday then.

Most supporters (who are also legends) do just that!!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Being a QPR legend on 20:45 - Jan 24 with 1671 viewsHollowayRanger

diakita? legend red card debut arsenal winner red card Watford debut mental disappeared subs bench then vanished again

and those shorts

another legendary moment taiwo

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Being a QPR legend on 20:47 - Jan 24 with 1669 viewsShotKneesHoop

Being a QPR legend on 20:35 - Jan 24 by jamois

I wonder whether we are likely to have a 'legend' again. With the rise of player power, the money in the game, the lack of loyalty, the lack of identity, I would favour it being unlikely to happen. There is a greater chance of unearthing a club legend if we slip lower down the leagues where the real football is played. I think it more likely then to get a long-serving player who is playing for the badge.

ICONS: Sexton, Venables, Clement, Thomas, Wegerle, Sinclair, Maddix, Jones, Taarabt

I guess all those lists could be developed a fair bit, particularly the final category.

Oi, r'SWiPe should be in the very front of the "bell ends" nominations. And Redknobb is front of Hughes too.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Being a QPR legend on 20:50 - Jan 24 with 1662 viewsbosh67

Glenn Roeder. Brilliant captain and role model. The most elegant CB we had and a mentor for me when I was a youth team player. I said I would buy the team a drink if they made the FA cup final in 82. Not that they drank the night before but Glenn called me at 8pm the night before and got Curry, Fenwick, Hucker and Allen to say hi. Class act.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Being a QPR legend on 20:51 - Jan 24 with 1661 viewsjamois

Being a QPR legend on 20:47 - Jan 24 by ShotKneesHoop

Oi, r'SWiPe should be in the very front of the "bell ends" nominations. And Redknobb is front of Hughes too.

You are spot-on sir. I knew there would be many I'd missed. I'm embarrassed to have missed those two. SWP and Rednob, BELL_ENDS of the highest order, in fact OBEs indeed.

Being a QPR legend on 20:51 - Jan 24 with 1661 viewsNW5Hoop

A legend is whoever you decide is a legend. There's no formal qualification. It's whoever you feel sums up the spirit and attitude of the club. Whoever makes you smile when you think of them, remembering someone who made going to Loftus Road at 3 on a Saturday seem less a duty than a pleasure. Someone whose replacement, whoever it is, can never live up to what came before. They might have played one golden season when they were at the heart of the team. They might have played 15 years and never caught the eye, just been there, becoming part of the fabric of QPR. It's up to you you. There's no wrong answer on this one.
Being a QPR legend on 20:51 - Jan 24 with 1661 viewsPunteR

Being a QPR legend on 20:35 - Jan 24 by jamois

You cant have Taarabt in the bellend list. Marsh should be in the bellend list then.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Being a QPR legend on 22:31 - Jan 24 with 1619 viewsNW10Hoop

Being a QPR legend on 12:53 - Jan 24 by qpr85

If we are talking about fondness and love then yes he is a legend. You can talk about how he left us for what we paid for him all you want.

However, look back on he done for our club. His goals helped us get promoted. Without him we would be in our third year in the championship or quite possibly second year in league 1.

He could have followed the money to Leicester or whoever came in for him during the summer but believed like the rest of the squad and some fans we could get promoted. So he stayed to try and make that happen.

Something happened between November and December that made him and the board realise we are not going up so did what he thought was best for him and the club and left with a fee and add ons.

You wouldn't get many players doing that in today's game they would have been off in August so for that and everything else he did, for me he is a legend. Not in the same vain as Marsh, Bowels or Francis but in the same Way I see Lee Cook, Abdel Tarrabt and Shaun Derry.
I loved watching him in a QPR shirt and feel privileged to have helped his career. Absolutely a legend!!

Hold on a second, is Shaun Derry a QPR legend now too!? Hahaha. We've been so worn down with awful players with stinky attitudes that decent players that put in a bit of effort are remembered as Titans.

I went to my first QPR game in 86 so Marsh and Bowles were before my time, so the legends of my lifetime are Alan McDonald, Les Ferdinand, Lee Cook, Kevin Gallen and at a push Charlie Austin and Ale Faurlin.
Being a QPR legend on 22:48 - Jan 24 with 1606 viewsTheBlob

No I wouln't put Ferdinand in,his heart is elsewhere same as Hollins and others.
It's Rodney,Stan,Gerry Dave Thomas and Mike Keen.
End of.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Being a QPR legend on 23:20 - Jan 24 with 1275 viewsLowerloftLad

Aisnworth,shittu,Gallen,furlong,bircham and of course cookie are my legends
I liked blackstock,day, Harper,Gino,crouch,Langley,Maddix,
Players i will talk about in 20 years time that I saw in the blue and white hoops adel,Austin,remy

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Being a QPR legend on 23:26 - Jan 24 with 1270 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Being a QPR legend on 22:48 - Jan 24 by TheBlob

No I wouln't put Ferdinand in,his heart is elsewhere same as Hollins and others.
End of.

THE BLOB HAS SPOKEN!

Thalt born within the age of the compact disc shalt have no opinion relevant to matters QPR
Being a QPR legend on 08:54 - Jan 25 with 1225 viewsTheBlob

Being a QPR legend on 23:26 - Jan 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

THE BLOB HAS SPOKEN!

Thalt born within the age of the compact disc shalt have no opinion relevant to matters QPR

Well shut the fuk up then.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Being a QPR legend on 09:06 - Jan 25 with 1221 viewsloftboy

Alan McDonald legend amongst legends

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Being a QPR legend on 09:48 - Jan 25 with 1202 viewspaulparker

Marsh - for putting this club on the map, being the first number 10, scoring in the league cup final and helping this club get to the 1st division

Francis- England captain, QPR captain of the 75/76 team that should of won the league , bar injury would have been even better , also managed the club in to dizzy heights under the little sh1t that is Thompson

Bowles, - the nearest thing bar Francis & Thomas to having a world class player at Rangers, he sums up what QPR is about , no one will get close to him again

Venables- , good player but transformed the club as a manager Div 2 champions,fa cup finalists , who knows what would of happened to this club if he had stayed as manager

Dave Sexton- a coach a head of his time, managed the club to within a whisker of the big one
an early teacher to venables, we were so unlucky the season after in the UEFA cup
if we were into days format we would have probably got to the final

Tony ingham- most appearances and Director of the club

Macca- see above, stayed loyal to Rangers when he could have had the pick of clubs
in the 80s and 90's he was Mr QPR, deserved to win a host of medals in his career

Warnock- kept us up in the most shambolic of seasons, then transformed the club into champions the next , that's a miracle , he is the only manager to get anything out of the enigma that is Adel , we were unbeaten all the way to Xmas, we had the points fiasco
the constant upheaval in the boardroom but still delivered a title winning team

Jim Gregory, transformed the club from a 3rd division team with a ramshackle stadium to a 1st division team, 3 cup finals, near champion winning team, also pioneered the plastic pitch, made Loftus road a state of the art stadium

these are legends men who have contributed to QPR, made a difference, put us on the map , I love players like Derry, Cook, Birch, Gallen , shittu, rowlands, but they are not legends they are not even close to Wegerle, fenwick, Allen, Stainrod, Byrne, Parker , Thomas , Lazarus, Keen , Parkes

the term is branded around to much these days, seriously how can you have Booby Zamora as a club legend , some fans need to read up on there history

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Being a QPR legend on 09:56 - Jan 25 with 1196 viewsDorse

'Legend' status, for me, seems to transcend the club and is the player that other teams would, however grudgingly, accept that they'd have loved to have at their clubs.

Marsh
Bowles
Ferdinand
Francis

'Cult' status is much more of an in-house thing. Can't imagine other clubs going gooey in the fork for Padula, Big Dan, Cookie and the like. Even Gallen and Bircham. I think Chaz is definitely a cult hero - if he goes on to great things, we might think of him in the same way as we do Sir Les.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Being a QPR legend on 10:12 - Jan 25 with 1183 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Charlie Austin was a good player for us - an excellent goalscorer - but for me not a legend.
Being a QPR legend on 11:23 - Jan 25 with 1160 viewsstonebridgers

Any player that appears in the 4th round of the FA cup

Stonebridgers

Being a QPR legend on 11:35 - Jan 25 with 1142 viewsAntti_Heinola

Being a QPR legend on 22:48 - Jan 24 by TheBlob

End of.

No Ingham?
Very poor, Blob.

Bare bones.

Being a QPR legend on 11:37 - Jan 25 with 1137 viewsjamois

Being a QPR legend on 20:51 - Jan 24 by PunteR

You cant have Taarabt in the bellend list. Marsh should be in the bellend list then.

I stuck Adel in there because he woke up one day and decided he couldn't be arsed to work hard enough to help the team, in the PL especially. We could have built a team to stay in the league around him. With his attitude and waste of talent, he's both icon and bell-end in equal measure. As for Marsh, well I agree he's a total bell-end, but not in a way that has affected QPR in terms of playing or management. Gerry never like him but I think it was Les being sold, not Marsh's presence, that caused Gerry to leave back in '94.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024