Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chery 10:51 - Jan 28 with 12445 viewsMarc

Apparently being linked with a move to Maccabi Tel Aviv

How would we feel about this one, if it were to go through?
Chery on 10:57 - Jan 28 with 7712 viewsbosh67

Very disappointed if that is true. I see him coming through as a big part of this team and the kind of player who can play off a striker or who could become a playmaker in midfield. He has great feet and pace. Although I have wondered if he has settled here in the UK. That is a factor. But if he has then this feels like a bad move.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chery on 10:58 - Jan 28 with 7699 viewsjamois

I'm thinking it's a wind-up.

I'm also thinking, it better be a f@cking wind-up.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Chery on 11:00 - Jan 28 with 7675 viewslave16

Chery on 10:58 - Jan 28 by jamois

I'm thinking it's a wind-up.

I'm also thinking, it better be a f@cking wind-up.

I would like to see fer go and chery to have a proper run on the wing with polter and washington up front...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Chery on 11:08 - Jan 28 with 7636 viewspaulparker

Chery on 10:57 - Jan 28 by bosh67

Very disappointed if that is true. I see him coming through as a big part of this team and the kind of player who can play off a striker or who could become a playmaker in midfield. He has great feet and pace. Although I have wondered if he has settled here in the UK. That is a factor. But if he has then this feels like a bad move.

As a Dutchman he has more chance of settling in London than Israel
id be p1ssed off with this especially since we have practically written off our other summer buy , Gladwin
I take this as JFH getting us more & more organised for next year, don't expect many flair players or high scoring games next season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chery on 11:08 - Jan 28 with 7637 viewsBasingstokeR

They just bought Orlando Sa; 6-months after signing for Reading.

It depends on how much of a "bad egg" JFH and Les feel he is.

If he's not causing problems - then keep him and make him fight for his place.

I'd be starting him in front of Fer myself - but don't see what happens in training.
Chery on 11:12 - Jan 28 with 7608 viewsJuzzie

Dissapointed. Why can't he be played in his natural position. It was just like Vargas (albeit he was a loanee) and so many other players being played out of position and no surprise they're not as effective.
Chery on 11:17 - Jan 28 with 7581 viewsrobith

When we signed him, it was mentioned by the club that he was a player with a lot of technical skill who could be developed a lot, and that success would be selling him for £15m in a season as much as anything on the pitch.

I still see that as being the case.

At the beginning of the season he was scoring worldies for fun - there's a lot of ability there, and I feel like he could work really well in the hole behind Polti.

I usually don't listen to rumours until they're true ("I'm annoyed by something that isn't actually happening!") but I would be disappointed if this happened
Chery on 11:22 - Jan 28 with 7553 viewsGloucs_R

If true, would mean that JFH doesnt rate him in the style we play and will have his eye on someone else...Abdenasser El Khayati , a proper left winger.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Chery on 11:24 - Jan 28 with 7547 viewssimmo

Fer is the latest in a line of players to apparently have compromising pictures of the manager. Chery seems to have effected the game more than him even off the bench, but JFH likes Fer out left as a wide target man.

Let's wait and see if things actually happen, if JFH is being told he needs to sell to buy, then someone has to go, and if Chery is not in his plans to start, then I suppose it makes sense. Would be a shame though, he looked amazing in parts this season and was obviously a bit of a coup when we signed him.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Chery on 11:34 - Jan 28 with 7488 viewsJamie

Like Chery, but Ramsay towards the end of his stint and now Jimbo both think he's a squad player at best.

Having turned down a PL move to come here, I'd imagine he's on big money so if the manager doesn't think he's integral then it's money we need to move on.

We HAVE to start cutting our cloth.
Chery on 11:34 - Jan 28 with 7483 viewsNW10Hoop

Chery on 11:00 - Jan 28 by lave16

I would like to see fer go and chery to have a proper run on the wing with polter and washington up front...

I think that's what everyone wants to see. Chery seems so much more effective than Fer. Dunno what it is about Fer, he's clearly rated by some but he seems to be operating at a tenth of the intensity required for Championship football.
Chery on 11:35 - Jan 28 with 7476 viewsQPRDave

Chery on 11:08 - Jan 28 by paulparker

As a Dutchman he has more chance of settling in London than Israel
id be p1ssed off with this especially since we have practically written off our other summer buy , Gladwin
I take this as JFH getting us more & more organised for next year, don't expect many flair players or high scoring games next season

Boring boring QPR!!

Chery has been a huge disappointment, but sometimes it takes players a season to settle
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 11:37]
Chery on 11:44 - Jan 28 with 7434 viewsnadera78

Even when he was playing regularly at the start of the season Chery was very patchy. He did some very impressive things, and equally he disappeared entirely from games. At 27 he's pretty much the finished article, he won't be adding much to his game from this point on, and that probably explains why no-one really went for him despite his performances in Holland. There was lots of talk, but no-one made a move.

With his pace, quick feet and shooting ability he's an excellent option off the bench but he's not someone you could ever rely on - and that's probably the key here. All the reports from Burton fans were that JFH valued players he could trust to perform on a regular basis and fit into a team ethic - all of which is evidenced by the work he's done since taking over at Loftus Rd.
Chery on 11:52 - Jan 28 with 7398 viewsBasingstokeR

Chery on 11:35 - Jan 28 by QPRDave

Boring boring QPR!!

Chery has been a huge disappointment, but sometimes it takes players a season to settle
[Post edited 28 Jan 2016 11:37]

Its not like there's not been better Dutch players who didn't settle in their first year in England...

Bergkamp
Overmars

for example just off the top of my head.

I'll be happy if we were giving the impression of sticking with and helping to make sure players we recruit come good for us rather than spend more than £1m on them then "cut and run" after an up to 6 month period.
Chery on 11:56 - Jan 28 with 7361 viewsjamois

Leroy Fer is 26. Is he the finished article? Is he someone whose consistency you can trust? Fer has had a few seasons in England now and should be fully adjusted. Chery cannot be judged without a good run of games and time to adapt to english conditions and style, he's only been here 6mths ffs. I find it amazing he's being written off already. I thought he was a centrepiece of Les' brave new world.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Chery on 12:42 - Jan 28 with 7173 viewsdaveB

Chery on 11:12 - Jan 28 by Juzzie

Dissapointed. Why can't he be played in his natural position. It was just like Vargas (albeit he was a loanee) and so many other players being played out of position and no surprise they're not as effective.

Poor Old Vargas, not seen many threads on how wonderful he is this season, imagine he is struggling to score again at club level.

I quite like Chery but not sure what his position actually is, when played as a number 10 he never looks that effective
Chery on 12:43 - Jan 28 with 7156 viewsJamie

Chery on 11:56 - Jan 28 by jamois

Leroy Fer is 26. Is he the finished article? Is he someone whose consistency you can trust? Fer has had a few seasons in England now and should be fully adjusted. Chery cannot be judged without a good run of games and time to adapt to english conditions and style, he's only been here 6mths ffs. I find it amazing he's being written off already. I thought he was a centrepiece of Les' brave new world.

Fer & Chery are not connected.

Fer was expected to go in the summer but got injured so we now have to play him and hopefully move him on.

Chery was brought in to be another Taarabt, likely on mega money to score & set up the goals to fire us to promotion. We are not going up or down and we cannot afford to keep players at the club earning mega money.

Not only for FFP reasons, but also because it's poisonous in the dressing room for Luongo, Hall, Smithies, Polter to look around and see Green on £50k and not playing, Diakite on £25k and not playing, Fer on £40k+, Onouha on £60k+, Sandro on £60k+ and putting in worse performances than them, if they are playing at all..
Chery on 13:28 - Jan 28 with 6954 viewsngbqpr

so where exactly is this story? not found it anywhere...

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Chery on 13:36 - Jan 28 with 6915 viewsHunterhoop

Chery on 12:43 - Jan 28 by Jamie

Fer & Chery are not connected.

Fer was expected to go in the summer but got injured so we now have to play him and hopefully move him on.

Chery was brought in to be another Taarabt, likely on mega money to score & set up the goals to fire us to promotion. We are not going up or down and we cannot afford to keep players at the club earning mega money.

Not only for FFP reasons, but also because it's poisonous in the dressing room for Luongo, Hall, Smithies, Polter to look around and see Green on £50k and not playing, Diakite on £25k and not playing, Fer on £40k+, Onouha on £60k+, Sandro on £60k+ and putting in worse performances than them, if they are playing at all..

Not that I disagree with your point in general, but where are those figures from? Plucked from the sky, copied from Football Manager, or have you seen the payslips?

I know it's not your style, but always worth caveating they are "your" guestimates, not fact. Some sound possibly accurate to me, Onouha on £60k pw...no. That's a defender (24 when we signed him, for only c £4m) on more money than was reported for a lot of the "big money" signings we made.

I also strongly doubt Chery is on "mega money". He was signed in the batch of Les and Ramsey's "for the future", "new approach", etc, for £2.5m. Doubt we're paying anything like what Leroy is on, given he was signed for £8m when we were in the Prem.

Agree we need to cut our cloth. But I'd do that by cutting Leroy "amble about" Fer. We'll save more and it'll improve the side.
Chery on 13:43 - Jan 28 with 6878 viewsBakes

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/qpr-negotiations-sho

Utter madness if true, has been played out of position most of the time while Leroy Fer strolls about thinking up his next dance routine. Surely we should be selling him not Chery.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Chery on 13:48 - Jan 28 with 6850 viewsWeaverQPR

From what I've seen I won't be losing any sleep if we flog him.

@WeavQPR

Chery on 13:50 - Jan 28 with 6835 viewsJamie

Chery on 13:36 - Jan 28 by Hunterhoop

Not that I disagree with your point in general, but where are those figures from? Plucked from the sky, copied from Football Manager, or have you seen the payslips?

I know it's not your style, but always worth caveating they are "your" guestimates, not fact. Some sound possibly accurate to me, Onouha on £60k pw...no. That's a defender (24 when we signed him, for only c £4m) on more money than was reported for a lot of the "big money" signings we made.

I also strongly doubt Chery is on "mega money". He was signed in the batch of Les and Ramsey's "for the future", "new approach", etc, for £2.5m. Doubt we're paying anything like what Leroy is on, given he was signed for £8m when we were in the Prem.

Agree we need to cut our cloth. But I'd do that by cutting Leroy "amble about" Fer. We'll save more and it'll improve the side.

Green has been 'confirmed' at £50k per week by numerous legitimate papers. Onouha left City in his mid 20s to move to a relegation battler, turning down better offers to come here. Yes, we had Hughes, but if you don't believe he got in the ballpark of the £65k wage that Taarabt, SWP & Boswinga all got under Fernandes, and less than Barton or Remy, then you're being a bit naive IMO.

Diakite was reported by Dave Mc a few weeks ago at £25k per week, Sandro took a step down to a club rock bottom of the league under HR, and Chery turned down Aston Villa to come here. Considering Villa are paying Adama Traore £75k per week, it's highly unlikely they, or we were offering a pittance. I wasn't suggesting that he would be on more than Fer, even if he was on what Diakite is, it's mega money that we simply can't afford to pay people.

The point is the wider issue that having Luongo, Polter & Hall on 'sensible' money and looking around the dressing room at tossers on big money who don't care, it's going to be poisonous, even if they are keeping it to themselves.

Obviously Fer, Sandro, Green, Traore should go before Chery, but if we can't give them away, we need to accept offers for players that we can move on. We are not in a position to turn down any offers for any players.
Chery on 13:51 - Jan 28 with 6824 viewsLblock

The "one's for the future" (c) Sir Les, Bungle and all the slow burn builders... they dont seem to have much of a future do they?

So Chezza has gone from being an integral part of the clubs future back in those balmy August days to now "too expensive, cant be relied on and on too much dosh"

Be gutted if true.
I usually say if you're good enough you're in and if you're not you're out and Chezza's physique for this level did worry me. However, I was really hoping he'd be back next season full of steak and Guinness and ready to take either the Championship or League One by storm.

Now the Common has gone where will this circus pitch up next?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Chery on 14:08 - Jan 28 with 6760 viewsTacticalR

Chery on 12:42 - Jan 28 by daveB

Poor Old Vargas, not seen many threads on how wonderful he is this season, imagine he is struggling to score again at club level.

I quite like Chery but not sure what his position actually is, when played as a number 10 he never looks that effective

Eduardo ('I'm not coming on') Vargas and Isla use the football season as a rest period to prepare themselves for tournament games for Chile.

Air hostess clique

Chery on 14:16 - Jan 28 with 6721 viewsaston_hoop

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-reject-approach-for-midfielder-chery

Thats that then.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024