Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Washington 19:21 - Mar 5 with 5451 viewsGuppy22

Felt for him today, isn't a striker that can be up front for a team playing long balls all day
Washington on 19:23 - Mar 5 with 5441 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not a lone striker or at least not a lone striker in a team with two OAPs in midfield sat five yards ahead of the defence.
Washington on 19:42 - Mar 5 with 5371 viewsbosh67

He needs to keep his head up. He will succeed given the chance. Great attitude. Reminds me of Bradley Allen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Washington on 19:57 - Mar 5 with 5302 viewsHollowayRanger

Washington on 19:42 - Mar 5 by bosh67

He needs to keep his head up. He will succeed given the chance. Great attitude. Reminds me of Bradley Allen.

I couldn't stand light weight allen

I also think Washington is being wasted needs the play next to a main striker

problem is we only got the german

no other options at all

crazy

you don't get promoted unless you have good strikers 4 of them

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Washington on 21:32 - Mar 5 with 5128 viewsjohncharles

we do have a striker that can play on his own upfront. He was on the bench. Very poor management.

Strong and stable my arse.

Washington on 23:03 - Mar 5 with 4973 viewsessextaxiboy

Washington on 21:32 - Mar 5 by johncharles

we do have a striker that can play on his own upfront. He was on the bench. Very poor management.

Maybe he thinks Polter would be better from the start on Tuesday and held him back today .
Washington on 07:14 - Mar 6 with 4782 viewsjohncharles

Washington on 23:03 - Mar 5 by essextaxiboy

Maybe he thinks Polter would be better from the start on Tuesday and held him back today .

But we had more chance of 3 points today. Anyway, players don't need a rest, they need a win and the confidence it brings. A win today would have had all the players queuing up for a starting place on Tuesday.

Washington on 07:29 - Mar 6 with 4763 viewsCHUBBS

Washington on 19:57 - Mar 5 by HollowayRanger

no other options at all

crazy

Forget promotion,there'll be plenty of clubs in this league with more money and better players than us from next season.
We need to be self sufficient,build for the future and make sure we're good enough to stay in this league.
This club won't be going anywhere near the premier league for a long time so we may as well reduce our expectations get rid of the toilets,traores etc and start enjoying it again.
Washington on 07:34 - Mar 6 with 4752 viewsdaveB

Washington on 23:03 - Mar 5 by essextaxiboy

was a daft decision, 4,300 QPR fans travelling, these are the games you need to win so resting all of Phillips, Polter and Hoilett was daft as was playing such a defensive midfield against a poor side
Login to get fewer ads

Washington on 08:33 - Mar 6 with 4693 viewsdavman

Washington on 07:34 - Mar 6 by daveB

was a daft decision, 4,300 QPR fans travelling, these are the games you need to win so resting all of Phillips, Polter and Hoilett was daft as was playing such a defensive midfield against a poor side

Depends if your priority is to win games or give others a chance to stake a claim and to learn just how wrong this squad is...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Washington on 11:13 - Mar 6 with 4521 viewsNorthernr

no other options at all

crazy

Yeh you're right, like last time we got promoted when we had Austin and, errr, errr, Zamora for a bit, and Andy Johnson for a month, and Will Keane, and Mobido Maiga.

Or the time before that when we had Helguson and, err, errr, Leon Clarke and Rob Hulse.
Washington on 11:27 - Mar 6 with 4493 viewsjohncharles

Washington on 08:33 - Mar 6 by davman

Depends if your priority is to win games or give others a chance to stake a claim and to learn just how wrong this squad is...

I we looking to see how bad players are ? Shouldn't we be looking to see how good some of them are and reward the good ones with more games ?

Washington on 12:00 - Mar 6 with 4441 views18StoneOfHoop

"I couldn't stand light weight allen"

Oh yeah absolutely, that pesky spitty skillful Bradley Allen
about as much use as a chocolate fireguard or Steve Sloan eh?
No wonder we only came 5th in 92/93 it was all Bradley's fault

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

Washington on 13:14 - Mar 6 with 4344 viewsTGRRRSSS

Class finish and I liked Bradley, but his career really fell away after Rangers - seem to recall a somewhat petty way he celebrated scoring for Charlton against us a year or so later.

Pity really.
Washington on 18:34 - Mar 6 with 4243 viewsDiscodroids

Things I Could do While waiting for Washington to score his first Goal for QPR with Toszer and Henry in midfield..

1.Read fifty stories about FGM that segway into the Stephen Lawrence Murder ,, then by osmosis into Feminism , in the evening standard.

2.Digest A remedial Thesis from Stella Creasy MP , on the Bauhaus style art influence on New Orders 12" Die cut Sleeve for 'Blue Monday'on her twitter account, while Wilf , her 98 year old D day war vet of Juno beach and constituent, freezes to death in sheltered housing, turning into a stalactite.

3.chin stroked my way through an Art Blakey Drum solo

4.snort an henry the eighth wrap of south american Quakers oats , waited for the effects to wear off, then eat a substantial meal of steak and kidney pudding with floury Boiled potatoes.

5.Commit various Sexually related serial killings in and around Epping forest, bury the bodies in shallow graves for the rodents to nibble, then go into hiding like Harry Roberts in an army surplus tent to grow an 18ft beard and forage for Psilocybin Mushrooms.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2016 18:37]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Washington on 20:18 - Mar 6 with 4174 viewsNeil_SI

The MK Dons match was the perfect one to try and help us try and play to Washington's strengths, so it was a missed opportunity.

Personally I don't think the problem is anything to do with playing with one striker up top or two, it's simply about type of service and where you're trying to bring Washington into the game.

There's no point booting the ball up to his head all of the time, because that's not playing to his strengths, and if you do that, you need to be super precise with those balls to increase the probability he can do something with them. Once or twice, most likely by chance, a couple went to him at chest height and he managed to do something with it, but the rest, at head height against towering defenders is a recipe for losing possession cheaply.

We have to find a way to play to his feet, and the approach to doing that might be different, depending say whether we're hitting the other team on the counter attack. If the opposition's defence is pushed up, then playing a ball over the top that he can latch onto, either into the channels or to feet, is something that will work in his favour.

Similarly if a defence is deeper, then we have to work on finding his feet in the wide areas or in the pocket in front of the defence, and give him a chance to turn and run at defenders to see if he can commit them and work a shot away.

At the moment though, he is not getting the ball to his feet in areas of the pitch that he can exploit with his pace and ability to run with the ball. And the little he does, he's snatching a little and overrunning the ball on occasion, probably because he's been starved of those scenarios and is becoming a bit overly eager to make the most of them.

Currently his best hope is linking up with El Khayati, because you can see they have an understanding from their time at Burton. Once or twice, El Khayati tried to play him in and give him the ball exactly where he wanted, but they just came up short.

Strikers are all about confidence, especially when they're stepping up a level. It's vital we start making a playing environment that plays to his strengths before that confidence is sapped.
Washington on 21:02 - Mar 6 with 4124 viewsMatch82

Washington on 20:18 - Mar 6 by Neil_SI

The MK Dons match was the perfect one to try and help us try and play to Washington's strengths, so it was a missed opportunity.

Personally I don't think the problem is anything to do with playing with one striker up top or two, it's simply about type of service and where you're trying to bring Washington into the game.

There's no point booting the ball up to his head all of the time, because that's not playing to his strengths, and if you do that, you need to be super precise with those balls to increase the probability he can do something with them. Once or twice, most likely by chance, a couple went to him at chest height and he managed to do something with it, but the rest, at head height against towering defenders is a recipe for losing possession cheaply.

We have to find a way to play to his feet, and the approach to doing that might be different, depending say whether we're hitting the other team on the counter attack. If the opposition's defence is pushed up, then playing a ball over the top that he can latch onto, either into the channels or to feet, is something that will work in his favour.

Similarly if a defence is deeper, then we have to work on finding his feet in the wide areas or in the pocket in front of the defence, and give him a chance to turn and run at defenders to see if he can commit them and work a shot away.

At the moment though, he is not getting the ball to his feet in areas of the pitch that he can exploit with his pace and ability to run with the ball. And the little he does, he's snatching a little and overrunning the ball on occasion, probably because he's been starved of those scenarios and is becoming a bit overly eager to make the most of them.

Currently his best hope is linking up with El Khayati, because you can see they have an understanding from their time at Burton. Once or twice, El Khayati tried to play him in and give him the ball exactly where he wanted, but they just came up short.

Strikers are all about confidence, especially when they're stepping up a level. It's vital we start making a playing environment that plays to his strengths before that confidence is sapped.

I seem to recall he's started slowly at previous clubs and come good once he settles in. Let's hope that's the case here too.
Washington on 04:25 - Mar 7 with 4005 viewstimcocking

I would hope when signing a forward, those in charge identify if he can play up front on his own or not, and I would hope they have an idea of what formation we may be using next season. It seems a little pointless bringing in a player who isn't suited to playing up front on their own and playing them up front on their own. Jimmy must know if he's anticipating predominantly playing two up front or not. At the moment it's a bummer, because let's face it, he won't score next match or the match after and we're used to super Charlie, who would score for us if he played next week and probably again the week after. I like Seb Poulter...but I have a feeling some of us on here have more ability to be honest.

Damn.
Washington on 11:53 - Mar 7 with 3887 viewsLadbrokeR

no other options at all

crazy

How many good strikers did we have the year that we won the play off final ? Infact when was the last time we had 4 good strikers ?
Washington on 11:55 - Mar 7 with 3882 viewsdaveB

Washington on 08:33 - Mar 6 by davman

If you are going to give others a chance then fair enough but we moved Chery out of position where he had been so effective a week before, same with Luongo and Henry.

I'd have had more understanding if Petresso and Nasser replaced the two wide players and the rest of the team stayed the same but to change the front end of the pitch so much was ridiculous
Washington on 12:16 - Mar 7 with 3848 viewsadhoc_qpr

I feel a bit sorry for Washington, we're aren't set up to help him and he hasn't had the best of luck so far either.

Hopefully he can break his duck soon, as i'm sure it will play on his mind given the big fee.
Washington on 12:33 - Mar 7 with 3817 viewspaulparker

Washington on 20:18 - Mar 6 by Neil_SI

one was at Burton the other Peterborough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Washington on 14:48 - Mar 7 with 3719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Washington on 12:33 - Mar 7 by paulparker

one was at Burton the other Peterborough

What a pass! That's nearly 100 miles!

Sorry, Neil!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Washington on 16:28 - Mar 7 with 3659 viewsNeil_SI

Washington on 14:48 - Mar 7 by BrianMcCarthy

What a pass! That's nearly 100 miles!

Sorry, Neil!

Hah I don't know why I thought that when I wrote what I did, but regardless, maybe it's a case of two men stepping up a level and trying to help each other out.

I've seen them looking for each other on the pitch a few times in a way that they've not done with other players, or maybe that's coincidental and decent play.

I should sadly admit, for the first time in my life, I actually dozed off once or twice during the match as well.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 16:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024