Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Large QPR away support normally = defeat 12:47 - Mar 7 with 3720 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Another defeat when QPR have had decent away support got me thinking about when we have have won or more likely lost when we have had a big away following

It's a bit like how rubbish we play when we are live on Sky (for example this season 10 games - 1 win in the last minute at Reading)

Anyway games where we have won away with a big following would include
Sheffield Wednesday - promotion to Championship
Chelsea - SWP 1-0
Liverpool 3-1
Arsenal 3-1

Games where we have lost would include
Cardiff - play off final
Wimbledon - FA Cup
Stacks of London derbies - I remember Clive Allen scoring a hat trick at White Hart Lane against us in a 5-0 defear with a huge away following back in 1984
Liverpool when top of the Premier League/League One in 1987 (Lost 4-0)
Oxford the same season (Lost 2-0)

One we drew was away to Arsenal in the FA Cup around 1990 as well - that was large support in the clock end.

I also fondly remember the away game at Blackpool in the 1990 FA Cup where we had great support up there drew 2-2 and beat them back at Loftus Road in the second replay

I am sure there are stacks of others that I have missed with my old age and crap memory - anyone care to share and remind us. Cheers

U R's
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 12:50]
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 12:55 - Mar 7 with 3683 viewsdaveB

tons of games at Coventry, Norwich, Southampton at the Dell and Villa over the years where we took big crowds and got a good hiding Always been the way,

One of my first away games was Charlton at Selhurst Park in the late 80's, they were crap we were doing ok, we filled the terracing behind the goal and lost 1-0. Always been the same at QPR
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:03 - Mar 7 with 3650 viewspaulparker

Spurs 1990 when we lost 3-2, Lineker hattrick , the away end was packed , we pretty much all of the terrace and went mental when we thought trevor francis had scored the equalizer

Southampton in the cup 92 when we had just beat Utd , huge rangers following that day , huge let down, we never turned up

Watford away midweek 05 when we got beat 3 or 4 nil , we had 5k that night

Watford away 98 around 7k there I even missed the slade equaliser as I was in the khazi ,
actually every trip to sodding Watford bar the promotion year

Port vale 99 when that little ponce Griffiths scored , huge off after the game

Coventry away 96 , 4k there looking good, playing well and eion poxy jess and his only goal of his life sent us down
again another huge off afterwards

Reading 96 behind the goal at the old stadium, (john spencer "im yee fcuking man")

Wimbledon cup game in 97 ? around 12k Hateley the tvvat cupping his ears, we should of won that really

man utd 94 in the cup, 7k there, in our hearts of hearts we were beaten before we turned up

Mk Dons on Saturday , what a waste of money, also what's this obsession of throwing beer over yourselves in the concourse, we look like proper divs

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:10 - Mar 7 with 3623 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Cheers Paul and Dave some (not so) great memories there haha
I think when we expect to win and turn up in large numbers we lose
There have been a few where we get a win or draw but it's not expected
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:16 - Mar 7 with 3590 viewsTheBlob

http://footyawaydays.com/weekends-top-10-away-league-attendances-in-britain/

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:44 - Mar 7 with 3538 viewsNorthernr

That Wimbledon cup game was ridiculous. Had like 12,000 of us there, scored first and then never turned up for the second half. Should have been quarter finalists.
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:52 - Mar 7 with 3498 viewsgoldie7

One of the other few games to break the trend in recent years was big Damo scoring away at Villa Park in League Cup ...good few thousand there that night....
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:56 - Mar 7 with 3488 viewsJuzzie

Milk Cup Final 1986. As the League Cup final doesn't have the same issues as the FA Cup final and can give more tickets to the participating clubs, due to Oxford not selling out theirs didn't we have the unoffical post-war record of the highest set of fans at the old Wembley?
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:58 - Mar 7 with 3479 viewsWokingR

Every single time we go to Fulham
Login to get fewer ads

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:08 - Mar 7 with 3445 viewsQPR1882

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:56 - Mar 7 by Juzzie

Milk Cup Final 1986. As the League Cup final doesn't have the same issues as the FA Cup final and can give more tickets to the participating clubs, due to Oxford not selling out theirs didn't we have the unoffical post-war record of the highest set of fans at the old Wembley?

we hold the record for the new Wembley as well. As we were given 2000 more tickets then Derby.
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:12 - Mar 7 with 3433 viewsQPR1882

We had the highest amount of away fans in the whole 4 leagues this weekend.
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:13 - Mar 7 with 3431 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have lots of sympathy for the OP here, but I'd also argue we normally lose with small or medium sized away followings as well don't we? ;)

Bare bones.

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:32 - Mar 7 with 3377 viewsCamberleyR

The cup quarter final at the Theatre of Prawn Sandwiches in 1995 was a disappointing result (Wilkins with his attitude had us beaten before we went out I'm convinced) but 7-8K of us singing in unison "Paul Ince is a vvanker" was memorable.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 14:33]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:53 - Mar 7 with 3339 viewsisawqpratwcity

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:16 - Mar 7 by TheBlob

Didn't do the poor sods any good!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:56 - Mar 7 with 3329 viewsQPR1882

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:32 - Mar 7 by CamberleyR

The cup quarter final at the Theatre of Prawn Sandwiches in 1995 was a disappointing result (Wilkins with his attitude had us beaten before we went out I'm convinced) but 7-8K of us singing in unison "Paul Ince is a vvanker" was memorable.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2016 14:33]

7000 to a Sunday mid day kick off in Manchester was some following. Went up in Mels coach we saw just as many Cockney reds going up in cars/coaces/buses as we did QPR.

Paul Inch is a w@nkier in reply to Utes Paul Inch is the governor rates as the best football chant ever
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 15:17 - Mar 7 with 3288 viewsstonebridgers

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 13:56 - Mar 7 by Juzzie

How many times do we need to remind people that the 1986 Milk Cup Final never happened. Stop mentioning it.

FA CUP 3 round tie away to Southampton at the old dell the game after we beat Man Utd 4-1.

Port Vale away the year before we got relegated and then Huddersfield away the year we did drop should get mentions.

Stonebridgers

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 15:24 - Mar 7 with 3270 viewsBostonR

Norwich City in the 75/76 season (last away game) when we should have been Champions. Over 30,000 at the game and I would estimate Rs had half the ground - we lost 3-2!
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 15:45 - Mar 7 with 3228 viewsPinnerPaul

Loss

FA Cup Final Replay
League Cup Semi Final Replay (Highbury)

Win

FA Cup Semi Final (Highbury again)
Wembley Play Off - of course!
Hillsborough
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 15:51 - Mar 7 with 3207 viewsvegasranger

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:56 - Mar 7 by QPR1882

7000 to a Sunday mid day kick off in Manchester was some following. Went up in Mels coach we saw just as many Cockney reds going up in cars/coaces/buses as we did QPR.

Paul Inch is a w@nkier in reply to Utes Paul Inch is the governor rates as the best football chant ever

Man Ure fans kept asking me if we were Chelsea fans !! Rangers were taking liberties all around Old Trafford. I remember Southampton away Paul. There were so many of us there we were sitting with the home fans. All looking forward to seeing our new superstar Dennis Bailey !!
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 15:57 - Mar 7 with 3195 viewsTheBlob

Same old same old.
Year earlier same ground we got promoted.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 15:58 - Mar 7 with 3193 viewsparker64

Midweek away at Swindon, they had a player sent off early and we still lost.
Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 17:44 - Mar 7 with 3088 viewsJuzzie

Large QPR away support normally = defeat on 14:08 - Mar 7 by QPR1882

we hold the record for the new Wembley as well. As we were given 2000 more tickets then Derby.

Cool! Didn't know that. I knew it was the biggest attendance figure for a Championship Play Off Final but to know we just pipped it off the pitch makes it even better :)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024