Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any films, movies, tv shows 20:51 - Apr 3 with 10165 viewsBoston

...shot in your house, on your street, around your neighbourhood? Back in the day in Wembley, (I've rattled on about this previously), they filmed a lot of Quadrophenia in the little streets out the back of me. Where I currently reside, Milton Massachusetts, they filmed the Witches of Eastwick.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 0:07]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any films, movies, tv shows on 12:33 - Apr 4 with 2908 viewsNW10Hoop

A Moretti advert (for Italian TV I think) was partially filmed in my kitchen
Any films, movies, tv shows on 12:49 - Apr 4 with 2887 viewsthemodfather

the film SVENGALI has many scenes right outside my door....also they filmed scenes for "old tricks" but i never watch it, in the street....harry potter and a bradley cooper scene too....they close off the street for days, then the actor walks by for a few seconds and it's a wrap....lol
living near denmark st means many celebs, rock starts , film crews about....dave davies, bob geldof, noel gallagher, pauline black ( i said hello and she dropped her record box!!) to name some
Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:24 - Apr 4 with 2844 viewsDWQPR

Any films, movies, tv shows on 08:18 - Apr 4 by thorpebankR

Remember your dad Reggie well and Tom's around the corner although he was Chelsea! also grange hill filmed down Thorpebank as well as John le Mesurier living there for a while.

Sadly Dad passed away early January 2014, he had a good life and he was going down to LR to the end. His last game was the home game against Leicester shortly before Christmas 2013. You are right about Tom Honnor in the shop backing onto Dad, he was Chelsea through and through, but a decent bloke, and then there was George the Fish on the opposite corner of Galloway Road, cod, chips and salmonella all for less than 50p! It was great times when Dad had the shop, I worked there at the weekends until I retired at the age of 24! I just loved the banter with the customers, who were fantastic, especially around the time that the shop was gutted by fire. I still cannot believe now, even 30 years ago the support and good wishes we had from everyone to get the shop back up running again.

You also mentioned John Le Mesuirer. He did live down Thorpebank for a while and he was a regular in the shop, used to come in just after 3pm during the week, as the shop reopened for the afternoon to buy 4 tins of Special Brew. Sadly John was an alcoholic, which we didn't know about at the time and I have always said to people when mentioning it that he had exactly the same persona as Sargeant Wilson in Dad's Army and strangely enough I was watching a documentary about John the other night and Jimmy Perry the writer of Dad's Army said that he wrote the role of Sargeant Wilson so that John didn't have to act and could just be himself. A very kind, considerate and warm hearted sole.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:28 - Apr 4 with 2834 viewsBrianMcCarthy

This was filmed outside our living room in Kenton before we lived there. We were all watching the telly and it came on. I spotted it and told everyone. No pausing the telly in those days so there was a frantic dash to see it before the scene ended. Cue the usual arguments - "It is", "not a hope" "It IS" "you're losin' it" "ya blind hoor"...(long pause) "well if ye'd all watched it instead of arguing"...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:35 - Apr 4 with 2826 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Batman - The Dark night had scenes filmed in Croydon.
Part of The Da Vinci Code were filmed in the Fairfield Halls (the opening scenes where Tom Hanks is giving his speech.
and Made in Dagenham had lots of scenes filmed there. Mainly because a lot of the buildings there are still from the same era of the film. They are (thankfully!) about to be bulldozed though.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 15:02 - Apr 4 with 2758 viewsBoston

Any films, movies, tv shows on 11:38 - Apr 4 by Mick_S

The locations people from Minder turned up one day at my Dad's factory just off Willesden High Street and asked if they could hire it for some filming; we all got £40.00 for a day's work and I am in a couple of scenes doing some ironing.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2016 12:08]

Grunwick?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Any films, movies, tv shows on 15:30 - Apr 4 with 2746 viewsHarrowRoadR

Any films, movies, tv shows on 07:41 - Apr 4 by stowmarketrange

There was another Sunhill police station in Merton.The cast used to drink in the William Morris pub just around the corner.The bloke who played Jim Carver was always p#ssed when he staggered out every time I saw him in there.

That was after it moved from W10.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 16:35 - Apr 4 with 2703 viewsflynnbo

Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:24 - Apr 4 by DWQPR

Sadly Dad passed away early January 2014, he had a good life and he was going down to LR to the end. His last game was the home game against Leicester shortly before Christmas 2013. You are right about Tom Honnor in the shop backing onto Dad, he was Chelsea through and through, but a decent bloke, and then there was George the Fish on the opposite corner of Galloway Road, cod, chips and salmonella all for less than 50p! It was great times when Dad had the shop, I worked there at the weekends until I retired at the age of 24! I just loved the banter with the customers, who were fantastic, especially around the time that the shop was gutted by fire. I still cannot believe now, even 30 years ago the support and good wishes we had from everyone to get the shop back up running again.

You also mentioned John Le Mesuirer. He did live down Thorpebank for a while and he was a regular in the shop, used to come in just after 3pm during the week, as the shop reopened for the afternoon to buy 4 tins of Special Brew. Sadly John was an alcoholic, which we didn't know about at the time and I have always said to people when mentioning it that he had exactly the same persona as Sargeant Wilson in Dad's Army and strangely enough I was watching a documentary about John the other night and Jimmy Perry the writer of Dad's Army said that he wrote the role of Sargeant Wilson so that John didn't have to act and could just be himself. A very kind, considerate and warm hearted sole.

Love the fact that you called Le Mesurier a warmhearted sole when referring to George the Fish earlier in your post.
Login to get fewer ads

Any films, movies, tv shows on 23:21 - Apr 4 with 2637 viewsBrightonhoop

Any films, movies, tv shows on 16:35 - Apr 4 by flynnbo

Love the fact that you called Le Mesurier a warmhearted sole when referring to George the Fish earlier in your post.

Dover soul and salmonella.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 23:30 - Apr 4 with 2632 viewsMatch82

Half of the John Hughes films (Ferris Bullet day off, breakfast club etc) were filmed fairly close to my new digs. And home alone.
Any films, movies, tv shows on 01:24 - Apr 5 with 2611 viewsPommyhoop

We used to muck about in the disused Southall gasworks as kids in the 70's .I honestly don't know how one of us wasn't killed. The Professionals used to film scenes in there and you can see Doyle running along one of the ramparts in the title scene (18 secs). One of my mates found/swiped Gordon Jackson's script .

As you can see from this picture it really was a kids dream( although looking back very dangerous) place to muck about in.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Any films, movies, tv shows on 09:00 - Apr 5 with 2560 viewspaulparker

Any films, movies, tv shows on 15:30 - Apr 4 by HarrowRoadR

That was after it moved from W10.

may sound about right as in the very early episodes of the Bill they filmed a scene outside my great aunties house in Notting Hill , the fella who played burnside came in and gave her a pallet of strawberries for her troubles

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Any films, movies, tv shows on 09:04 - Apr 5 with 2554 viewsDiscodroids

Facking 'Towie' . Left the epic centre of this foul tv show, brentwood a couple of years ago to move to North Chingford only to find them filming here on a weekly basis .
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 9:13]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Any films, movies, tv shows on 09:12 - Apr 5 with 2548 viewspaulparker

Any films, movies, tv shows on 01:24 - Apr 5 by Pommyhoop

We used to muck about in the disused Southall gasworks as kids in the 70's .I honestly don't know how one of us wasn't killed. The Professionals used to film scenes in there and you can see Doyle running along one of the ramparts in the title scene (18 secs). One of my mates found/swiped Gordon Jackson's script .

As you can see from this picture it really was a kids dream( although looking back very dangerous) place to muck about in.

Reminds me of when I was Kid Pom and we used to go to a derelict school in Ruilsip called Southbourne and just hang around smash windows, smoke fags etc ,
one day we were smashing up one of the buildings when some old boy came charging out of nowhere, he chased us to the top of the roof where like a div I jumped off and nearly broke my leg , I think they filmed a kids programme there not long after called teenage diaries or something

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Any films, movies, tv shows on 09:23 - Apr 5 with 2534 viewsPommyhoop

Any films, movies, tv shows on 09:12 - Apr 5 by paulparker

Reminds me of when I was Kid Pom and we used to go to a derelict school in Ruilsip called Southbourne and just hang around smash windows, smoke fags etc ,
one day we were smashing up one of the buildings when some old boy came charging out of nowhere, he chased us to the top of the roof where like a div I jumped off and nearly broke my leg , I think they filmed a kids programme there not long after called teenage diaries or something

Ah the sound of breaking glass. Music to a kids ears.That gasworks had like offices and labs with allsorts of test tubes and shit about. We smashed f'ck out of it .It was like we went into some sort of frenzy. We got chased out of there a few times.
We used to run along all the ramparts and do pipewalking and run across the big tower thingy.
We were about 12 , 13 and used to egg each other on .One of us was just that little bit older,realized how dangerous it was and refused to do some of the jumps and stuff.

edit ,,
Apparently The Sweeney and Dr Who filmed some stuff in there too..
[Post edited 5 Apr 2016 9:37]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:05 - Apr 5 with 2158 viewsDesertBoot

Close to me in Chalk Farm/Swiss Cottage some early episodes of Minder used an entrance a few doors from Chalk Farm station as the "entrance" to the Winchester Club.
Also the (now Marriott) hotel in Swiss Cottage was used several times internally and externally also in Minder.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:44 - Apr 5 with 2134 viewsrbsranger

Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:28 - Apr 4 by BrianMcCarthy

This was filmed outside our living room in Kenton before we lived there. We were all watching the telly and it came on. I spotted it and told everyone. No pausing the telly in those days so there was a frantic dash to see it before the scene ended. Cue the usual arguments - "It is", "not a hope" "It IS" "you're losin' it" "ya blind hoor"...(long pause) "well if ye'd all watched it instead of arguing"...

Didn't know there were other people from Kenton on here... after that scene John Cleese drove past my house on Woodcock hill before stopping at a restaurant on Preston Rd....
Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:57 - Apr 5 with 2129 viewsA40Bosh

Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:44 - Apr 5 by rbsranger

Didn't know there were other people from Kenton on here... after that scene John Cleese drove past my house on Woodcock hill before stopping at a restaurant on Preston Rd....

So the car thrashing and Basil going back to the Preston Road based restaurant were in the same episode and I wonder then if that one was the same episode with Sybil in hospital, because the opening shots of that episode were shot around the corner from Mentmore Close in Kenton at Northwick Park hospital.

Brian, I think that that corner plot has become a shrine to the programme because I have driven past it a few times over the years and notice that they have put bollards on the corners of the junction there (not sure how long they have been there) but not on other local junctions and I wonder therefore if Harrow council did that to stop certain pilgrims trying to reenact the scene by reversing the cars up on the grass verge and giving them a damn good thrashing?

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 11:08 - Apr 5 with 2120 viewsA40Bosh

I think I mentioned on here before that Sky had actually gone to the trouble of "removing" my house from a scene from one of their Football Season adverts. Admittedly as we were waiting to start our extension and had not bothered to repair the failing paintwork on the side of the house it did not look great at the time , but to airbrush our house out was a bit embarrassing to say the least!!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 11:09 - Apr 5 with 2119 viewshopphoops

The Slaughtered Lamb in American Werewolf was near where I grew up in mid Wales. they didn't have to change much...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 12:32 - Apr 5 with 2062 viewsizlingtonhoop

Any films, movies, tv shows on 10:44 - Apr 5 by rbsranger

Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window?

Kenton!

Re the American Werewolf Slaughtered Lamb, the interior shots were filmed in The Black Swan, Martyr's Green, in the wilds of Surrey...

For what it's worth I spent seven years looking out of the top right most window there in Arkham...

Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:31 - Apr 5 with 2027 viewsstonebridgers

Lots of stuff such as Please Sir, Minder, Grange Hill and the Bill filmed around Stonebridge but the strangest is the pilot episode of Open All Hours shows Granville supposedly delivering groceries up north but it was filmed on the Brentfield Road heading towards Harlesden.

Stonebridgers

Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:45 - Apr 5 with 2015 viewsRedbourneR

When I lived in Acton, Aliens was filmed in the old power station there.

In the house I'm in now Vanessa Feltz did some filming before I moved in. Hmmmmmmmm
Any films, movies, tv shows on 13:53 - Apr 5 with 2007 viewsheadhoops

I can't beat LA, however my little village punched well above its weight. Was born in Shepperton.
The studios were tucked away so as a little charmer I would play on the corner waiting for the big cars to ask us where it was - easiest way to earn sixpence!
Then used to row across the river to bunk in the back of the studios to listed to the Who play - happy days.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Any films, movies, tv shows on 14:29 - Apr 5 with 1993 viewsthemodfather

went to haverstock, near chalk farm and grew up in the "crescent" nearby.....the hotel, holiday inn back then was also used in a professionals episode.....
many scenes for the film "breaking glass" were in the old hawley arms pub and around kentish town....madness did mush of their video for "baggy trousers" around islip st school, kentish town and behind parliament hill lido .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024