Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547658 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 18:37 - Dec 24 with 4342 viewsMelakaRanger

Great TV

- Amazon Prime

Hello on Wheels

The Expanse

The Amazing Mrs Maisel

On Netflix

Intelligence

Godless

Good Girls

The Queens Gambit
Half decent tv on 23:23 - Dec 24 with 4268 viewsLadbrokeR

Half decent tv on 23:40 - Dec 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

Another one for Small Axe.

Brilliant collection of films and Steve McQueen a shoe in for a Knighthood I'd have thought. If he wants one.

Steve mc queen comes from west Ealing I believe. I noticed in the credits for pr small axe Lammas park production company.
Half decent tv on 11:05 - Dec 26 with 4162 viewsPinnerPaul

Best of Victoria Wood. Based on notebooks she wrote found after she passed.

What struck me, was not only the brilliant writing but the the fact she got some of the very best to bring her writing to life - apart from the obvious and superb Julie Walters, there's the likes of Jim Broadbent and Patricia Routledge.

My favourite from episode 1 (of 2) was 'The Channel Swimmer' and one of my favourite comedy sketches of all time is in Episode 2, the quite brilliant 'Two Soups'
Half decent tv on 12:01 - Dec 26 with 4093 views2Thomas2Bowles

I enjoyed the new Olive Twist BBC4 2 parts

Roald & Beatrix, the tail of the curious mouse Sky one as well.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Half decent tv on 23:59 - Dec 26 with 4055 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone with Amazon Prime should watch The Act. Very dark.
Half decent tv on 16:45 - Jan 1 with 3938 viewsjohnhoop

Fans of the series will probably be aware of it already but in case there are any who aren't, the final series of Engrenages (Spiral), starts on BBC4 tomorrow evening.
Half decent tv on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 3908 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 11:05 - Dec 26 by PinnerPaul

Best of Victoria Wood. Based on notebooks she wrote found after she passed.

What struck me, was not only the brilliant writing but the the fact she got some of the very best to bring her writing to life - apart from the obvious and superb Julie Walters, there's the likes of Jim Broadbent and Patricia Routledge.

My favourite from episode 1 (of 2) was 'The Channel Swimmer' and one of my favourite comedy sketches of all time is in Episode 2, the quite brilliant 'Two Soups'

What channel was that on, please Paul?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 19:06 - Jan 3 with 3774 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 16:45 - Jan 1 by johnhoop

Fans of the series will probably be aware of it already but in case there are any who aren't, the final series of Engrenages (Spiral), starts on BBC4 tomorrow evening.

Quellle jolie juge! Ho he ho he haw!
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 23:07 - Jan 3 with 3717 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 21:30 - Dec 15 by markrtid

'kin brilliant.

Which platform is this on? Looks really good
Half decent tv on 00:08 - Jan 4 with 3670 viewsToast_R

Cobra Kai season 3 just dropped on Netflix, binged it.Too good. Elizabeth Shue still looks the part.
Half decent tv on 00:18 - Jan 4 with 3657 viewskensalriser

Half decent tv on 19:06 - Jan 3 by MrSheen

Quellle jolie juge! Ho he ho he haw!

Zut alors!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Half decent tv on 00:20 - Jan 4 with 3655 viewsLythamR

The Serpent on BBC (all episodes available) is very good, its fairly complicated and contains lots of different look backs and timeline switching but this is well done and needed to expose the story effectively

interesting insight into the workings of foreign embassies and police departments, in the days before mobile phones and internet. main action takes place in Bangkok in mid 70's, where did they get so many 70's cars from to form old style Bangkok traffic jams! watched all 8 episodes from saturday night through sunday.

oh and co-stars Jenna Coleman and Tim Mcinnerney which would have bee enough for me to be honest
Half decent tv on 00:22 - Jan 4 with 3654 viewsozexile

Half decent tv on 23:07 - Jan 3 by daveB

Which platform is this on? Looks really good

It's fantastic. In Oz its on a platform called "Stan".
Half decent tv on 00:41 - Jan 4 with 3645 viewsBucksRanger

Half decent tv on 00:22 - Jan 4 by ozexile

It's fantastic. In Oz its on a platform called "Stan".

Your Honor is not on in the UK yet. Will be on Sky Atlantic when it does get here.
Half decent tv on 08:39 - Jan 4 with 3576 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The new series of 'The Expanse' is rockin' it and holding very close to the book which is nice.

I haven't started 'Engrenages' yet as I had to finish 'Vikings' and 'Kingdom' a Korean Drama set in (i think) sixteen something that turns into a Zombie series.
It's unbelievably engaging

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 09:09 - Jan 4 with 3542 viewsBlackCrowe

Half decent tv on 13:23 - Nov 20 by SydneyRs

Queens Gambit - superb. And I know very little about Chess.

Could watch the lead actress all day, mesmerizing.

Another vote for Queens Gambit and for the lead actress. But also a special shout for her step mother - brilliant character and superbly acted.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Half decent tv on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 3509 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 00:18 - Jan 4 by kensalriser

Zut alors!

Bien sur!

She's no Juge Roban, but I forgive her.
Half decent tv on 10:00 - Jan 4 with 3491 viewsjohnhoop

Half decent tv on 00:20 - Jan 4 by LythamR

The Serpent on BBC (all episodes available) is very good, its fairly complicated and contains lots of different look backs and timeline switching but this is well done and needed to expose the story effectively

interesting insight into the workings of foreign embassies and police departments, in the days before mobile phones and internet. main action takes place in Bangkok in mid 70's, where did they get so many 70's cars from to form old style Bangkok traffic jams! watched all 8 episodes from saturday night through sunday.

oh and co-stars Jenna Coleman and Tim Mcinnerney which would have bee enough for me to be honest

Having watched it through to the end on iPlayer I agree that it was extremely well made and became more and more absorbing as it went on, the best drama I’ve seen on BBC for a long time. It really didn’t require as much concentration as a lot of people have maintained to keep up with the time switches and the atmosphere of 1970’s Bangkok and Kathmandu was brilliantly evoked. Passing through the same places just a few years later and reading Richard Neville and Julie Clarke’s book “Bad Blood” made me realize how easy it would have been to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Oh, and I loved Tim McInnerny’s solution to the Sobhraj problem-just shoot him!-would have probably saved a few lives if somebody had done at that point.
Half decent tv on 14:35 - Jan 4 with 3426 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 08:39 - Jan 4 by Metallica_Hoop

The new series of 'The Expanse' is rockin' it and holding very close to the book which is nice.

I haven't started 'Engrenages' yet as I had to finish 'Vikings' and 'Kingdom' a Korean Drama set in (i think) sixteen something that turns into a Zombie series.

The Expanse Season 5 has been a bit of a slow burner, but it's got going now.

Kingdom is pretty good. It's set three years after the Japanese invasion of Korea (1592—1598). As it's about a mysterious plague it has some echoes of the present.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 16:11 - Jan 4 with 3367 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I've been watching a few episodes of Julia Bradbury's walks on Youtube. I've never seen or heard of her before but she's a laid-back presenter, the scenery (mostly in Britain) is a treat and the programmes are perfect to have in the background for working from home.

There's a playlist but we can't post links to Youtube playlists, so just search for 'Julia Bradbury's Walks.

Half decent tv on 16:36 - Jan 4 with 3353 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Half decent tv on 16:11 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I've been watching a few episodes of Julia Bradbury's walks on Youtube. I've never seen or heard of her before but she's a laid-back presenter, the scenery (mostly in Britain) is a treat and the programmes are perfect to have in the background for working from home.

There's a playlist but we can't post links to Youtube playlists, so just search for 'Julia Bradbury's Walks.

I was planning on doing one of her walks in October when I stayed in Bridport for a few days. The Dorset - Golden Cap walk. There was a copy of it on Youtube but the picture/sound quality wasn’t very good.

The weather forecast was fairly atrocious so I decided against doing the whole walk but did manage the Colmer’s Hill and Hell Lane section which was amazing. Instead of going up Hardown Hill and over to the coast I ended up staying inland after that. I did manage to go up Golden Cap on the last day in teaming rain and gales, although strangely the higher up I went the conditions improved slightly.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Half decent tv on 16:54 - Jan 4 with 3329 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 16:36 - Jan 4 by CliveWilsonSaid

I was planning on doing one of her walks in October when I stayed in Bridport for a few days. The Dorset - Golden Cap walk. There was a copy of it on Youtube but the picture/sound quality wasn’t very good.

The weather forecast was fairly atrocious so I decided against doing the whole walk but did manage the Colmer’s Hill and Hell Lane section which was amazing. Instead of going up Hardown Hill and over to the coast I ended up staying inland after that. I did manage to go up Golden Cap on the last day in teaming rain and gales, although strangely the higher up I went the conditions improved slightly.

Sounds great. I'm definitely getting into walking more and would love do travel abroad more, starting in Cornwall and Devon I think. But I'm a fair-weather walker!

Half decent tv on 18:02 - Jan 4 with 3278 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 08:39 - Jan 4 by Metallica_Hoop

It wasn't on terrestrial TV, I think it was on Neflix or similar, but Mrs R from Afar and I are getting stuck into series 3 of "The Last Kingdom" on DVD.

King Alfred, Danes, shield walls, all based on the books by Bernard Cornwell. Lots of action and intrigue, with some very clever dialogue and acerbic wit for good measure.

I have also just downloaded the recent Mitchell and Web comedy series for Channel 4, "Back". It's pretty good in my humble opinion, it's very well observed.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 08:16 - Jan 5 with 3168 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 18:02 - Jan 4 by R_from_afar

It wasn't on terrestrial TV, I think it was on Neflix or similar, but Mrs R from Afar and I are getting stuck into series 3 of "The Last Kingdom" on DVD.

King Alfred, Danes, shield walls, all based on the books by Bernard Cornwell. Lots of action and intrigue, with some very clever dialogue and acerbic wit for good measure.

I have also just downloaded the recent Mitchell and Web comedy series for Channel 4, "Back". It's pretty good in my humble opinion, it's very well observed.

I love the Last Kingdom, so well done. "I am Skorpa of the white horse"...

I read the first 4 books years ago. I dunno why I stopped reading them I really liked them. Might have to order some paperbacks.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 22:52 - Jan 5 with 3076 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another convert to 'Whitehouse and Mortimer Gone Fishing'.

Glorious stuff, right down to the camerawork.

Thanks for the reccs, folks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024