Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 561732 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 21:05 - Feb 16 with 5909 viewsmarkrtid

Half decent tv on 20:53 - Feb 16 by HantsR

Antiques Roadshow...only say that because me and Mrs Hants were on last Sunday!

I hope you fetched a good price.

As a pair of course.
Half decent tv on 22:08 - Feb 16 with 5845 viewsdaveB

I've quite enjoyed Yellowjackets on Sky Atlantic, am 4 episodes in
Is about a high school girls football team who are going to play in the National finals but their plane crashes and they are not found for 19 months,, the show jumps between what they did in those 19 months to survive and what is happening now 25 years later when those who survive are trying to keep the secrets quiet.

[Post edited 16 Feb 2022 22:10]
Half decent tv on 23:34 - Feb 16 with 5792 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 20:15 - Feb 8 by Phildo

New Jack Reacher on prime - does exactly what it says on the tin

Just finished watching this yesterday. It's good but it's no Justified. Also watching Peacemaker, good silly fun (opening credits are worth the entry fee alone) but it's no Reacher.
Half decent tv on 14:14 - Feb 17 with 5676 viewsdaveB

Half decent tv on 23:34 - Feb 16 by GaryT

Just finished watching this yesterday. It's good but it's no Justified. Also watching Peacemaker, good silly fun (opening credits are worth the entry fee alone) but it's no Reacher.

Which channel is Peacemaker on?
Half decent tv on 16:41 - Feb 17 with 5597 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 14:14 - Feb 17 by daveB

Which channel is Peacemaker on?

HBO Max but available from other less reputable places.
Half decent tv on 19:44 - Feb 17 with 5534 viewsHantsR

Half decent tv on 21:05 - Feb 16 by markrtid

I hope you fetched a good price.

As a pair of course.

Indeed, we were the pair of antiques - actually with a Jamini Roy painting (£5K - £7K)
Half decent tv on 10:42 - Feb 18 with 5398 viewsPunteR

Neil Blomkamp Oats Studio. A collection of post apocalypse short stories. Really good Sci Fi, with Sigourney Weaver in the first story of an alien invasion. Recommended.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Half decent tv on 14:07 - Feb 21 with 5259 viewsRanger_Things

For those that have Apple, Suspicion is well worth a look.
Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 14:28 - Feb 21 with 5232 viewsSonofpugwash

Really funny...

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Half decent tv on 22:10 - Feb 26 with 5077 viewsRanger_Things

The Vikings sequel, Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. Set 100 years after the original. Lots of gory fun!
Half decent tv on 12:55 - Mar 8 with 4798 viewsTacticalR

Every year in Japan there is a historical drama (Taiga) produced by Japanese station NHK, normally around 50 episodes.

I am coming to the end of Segodon (2018) about Saigō Takamori, the leader of the Satsuma rebellion
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saigō_Takamori

A couple of episodes ago Britain was involved, attacking the Satsuma base at Kagoshima, a.k.a the Anglo-Satsuma War (1863)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Kagoshima

Entertaining, although at times the uncritical portrayal of Japanese nationalism is hard to stomach.

Air hostess clique

Half decent tv on 11:20 - Mar 9 with 4587 viewsEsox_Lucius

I left Ozark until Series 4 was all available. Who splits a series into two parts? Binge watching all available so far left me with the impression that it is a brilliant show, unrelentingly bleak and not one of the main characters are remotely likeable. S4 Pt.2 starts in April and I will be going back to see how it all ends.
Skimming through Netflix to see what could be next I was drawn to The Woman In the House Across The Street from The Girl In The Window just because of the title. Ep.1 looks promising so far. I'll update if it looks like good TV.
We watched a film called Fighting With My Family about a female wrestler from England who joins the Pro American Ladies Wrestling scene. It was decent.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 11:41 - Mar 9 with 4568 viewsenfieldargh

Enjoyed Viking Valhalla cant seem to get my teeth into anything atm.

Ozark getting to be a bit of a shaggy dog however its still quite enjoyable

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Half decent tv on 11:43 - Mar 9 with 4564 viewsTheChef

On Netflix we came across The Chair (an academia sitcom - yes) with Sandra Oh, which is worth a look.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Half decent tv on 18:53 - Mar 9 with 4407 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 11:41 - Mar 9 by enfieldargh

Enjoyed Viking Valhalla cant seem to get my teeth into anything atm.

Ozark getting to be a bit of a shaggy dog however its still quite enjoyable

Season 5 of Last Kingdom on Netflix. Got to love Uhtred son of Uhtred!
Half decent tv on 20:54 - Mar 9 with 4333 viewslarsricchi

Severance, anyone? I find it just tense and weird enough to want the next episode. I do like Adam Scott, and the rest of the cast is pretty impressive. I think I could listen to Turturro and Walken converse in character for 45 mins each week.
Half decent tv on 09:42 - Mar 10 with 4193 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 14:07 - Feb 21 by Ranger_Things

For those that have Apple, Suspicion is well worth a look.

Very rarely do I drop a mini series once I'm most of the way through it but could only manage 4 episodes of this. So many gaping plot holes, meandering story lines and average acting. One plot hole that I didn't see anyone mention on IMDB is that, if the secret service are so good at following the suspects as they move from bus to cab to train, why didn't they look for any CCTV footage of them when the crime took place?

If it picked up after episode 4 let me know otherwise I'll continue watching The Sopranos again.
Half decent tv on 23:32 - Mar 11 with 4023 viewsRanger_Things

Half decent tv on 09:42 - Mar 10 by GaryT

Very rarely do I drop a mini series once I'm most of the way through it but could only manage 4 episodes of this. So many gaping plot holes, meandering story lines and average acting. One plot hole that I didn't see anyone mention on IMDB is that, if the secret service are so good at following the suspects as they move from bus to cab to train, why didn't they look for any CCTV footage of them when the crime took place?

If it picked up after episode 4 let me know otherwise I'll continue watching The Sopranos again.

Unfair to compare to probably the greatest tv show ever made! I thought tonight’s episode was decent though. Apple have some interesting stuff, quite different from all the other streaming channels which I think is refreshing.
Half decent tv on 13:17 - Mar 26 with 3688 viewsRanger_Things

New series of Top Boy on Netflix.
Half decent tv on 13:27 - Mar 26 with 3648 viewsR_from_afar

Half decent tv on 18:53 - Mar 9 by Ranger_Things

Season 5 of Last Kingdom on Netflix. Got to love Uhtred son of Uhtred!

Another thumbs up for that series from me and Mrs R from Afar. We love the books but we'll catch series five on DVD. No Netflix in our household, for reasons if parsimony

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Half decent tv on 13:57 - Mar 26 with 3621 viewsEsox_Lucius

There quite likely a large number of you grew up watching the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air so, upon seeing that there has been a reboot of it, promptly ignored it as it's hard to top what you saw back then. Don't! the new Bel Air series is almost a polar opposite of the original whilst retaining the same characters. It's very dark and Carlton is not the Carlton you will remember at all. A very good series.

The grass is always greener.

Half decent tv on 14:10 - Mar 26 with 3618 viewsToast_R

Anyone seen Boiling Point yet? I see it's just come on Netflix. I'm a bit of a Stephen Graham fan boy so looking forward to it later.
Half decent tv on 16:39 - Mar 26 with 3560 viewsLblock

Our House - BBC 1

Thought it was really good

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 16:41 - Mar 26 with 3549 viewsLblock

I've also just finished binge watching The Tunnel (on Sky Atlantic / box sets)

That was absolutely brilliant and Elise is both a brilliant character and pleasing on the eye

Thoroughly recommend it.
Shame I was put off originally due to sub-titles coz I'm a fick phil and stine innit. Decided to give it a bash after watching Das Pass which was all sub-titles and really enjoying that.

So, yeah, The Tunnel........ watch it!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Half decent tv on 02:02 - Mar 27 with 3501 viewsGaryT

Half decent tv on 16:41 - Mar 26 by Lblock

I've also just finished binge watching The Tunnel (on Sky Atlantic / box sets)

That was absolutely brilliant and Elise is both a brilliant character and pleasing on the eye

Thoroughly recommend it.
Shame I was put off originally due to sub-titles coz I'm a fick phil and stine innit. Decided to give it a bash after watching Das Pass which was all sub-titles and really enjoying that.

So, yeah, The Tunnel........ watch it!

Just read this on IMDB "A prominent French politician is found dead on the border between the U.K. and France, and two agents have to work together on behalf of their respective countries to find the murderer." Sounds identical to The Bridge, any connection?

*EDIT*

Should have kept reading, further down it says...Alternate versions
"The Tunnel" is a remake of the Swedish/Danish series, "The Bridge" (2011). There is also another (US) remake series, also called "The Bridge" (2013).
[Post edited 27 Mar 2022 2:04]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024