Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Half decent tv 06:36 - Apr 29 with 547447 viewsLadbrokeR

I watched the last episode of line of duty and thought that was good. Undercover has finally grabbed by attention. I quite like some of the investigative programmes Stacey Dooley does. However I can't wait for the next series of people just do nothing.
Half decent tv on 11:21 - Jul 6 with 7404 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Quite enjoying series 1 of 'Turn.'

Series 4 is out now apparently 2&3 are better than 1 which I'm liking a lot.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Half decent tv on 13:11 - Jul 6 with 7352 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 11:21 - Jul 6 by Metallica_Hoop

Quite enjoying series 1 of 'Turn.'

Series 4 is out now apparently 2&3 are better than 1 which I'm liking a lot.

What platform is it on in this part of the world, Metallica?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Half decent tv on 13:22 - Jul 6 with 7347 viewslave16

Half decent tv on 13:11 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Silicon Valley

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Half decent tv on 14:19 - Jul 6 with 7293 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 13:11 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Amazon Prime

Half decent tv on 14:37 - Jul 6 with 7266 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 14:19 - Jul 6 by Metallica_Hoop

Amazon Prime

Not on Amazon Prime in Ireland, unfortunately. I'll have a scout around. Thanks, man.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 14:38]

Half decent tv on 14:41 - Jul 6 with 7252 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Half decent tv on 14:37 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Not on Amazon Prime in Ireland, unfortunately. I'll have a scout around. Thanks, man.
[Post edited 6 Jul 2017 14:38]

Like I say it's very good.

Cheap DVD if you have (the best way to watch)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/ft7/Turn-Washingtons-Spies-Season-DVD-Jamie-Bell/B00T

Half decent tv on 21:33 - Jul 6 with 7186 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Half decent tv on 23:53 - Jun 30 by TacticalR

Very good, very dark, with some parallels with what's going on now in the US on abortion. Btw, it doesn't just bash the fash - there are also some digs at Green politics.

Is it ceaselessly grim? Or is there some beacon of hope in there?

Half decent tv on 22:37 - Jul 6 with 7160 viewsTacticalR

Half decent tv on 21:33 - Jul 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Is it ceaselessly grim? Or is there some beacon of hope in there?

It is quite grim (or at least it's portraying a grim society), but also very gripping. I think that is because of its analysis of the implications of the politics of the US Christian right. In the series Canada and Mexico are sanctuaries because they haven't fallen to the Christian ISIS.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

Half decent tv on 07:03 - Jul 8 with 7042 viewsLadbrokeR

Stayed in last night and watched episode one of the second series of the windsors. If you haven't seen this it's a parody of the royal family. I think it's really good.
Half decent tv on 11:31 - Jul 8 with 6980 viewsFDC

Half decent tv on 09:19 - Jul 6 by robith

Initially I was struggling to put aside my thoughts from the book compared to the show (everything looks too nice, I felt in the book Gilead was meant to be a bit grubby and run down) and I question some of the world building choices, but it actually is pretty brilliant. The episode with the single shot in the van was one of the much wrenching things I've ever seen.

Concerned they're making a second series - the book isn't exactly choc full of plot to begin with, and book adaptations that go off piste from adapting often end up weaker for it (looking at you Game of Thrones)

hmm... Watched the last episode last night, bit disappointing really, definitely set up for a second series. I can see it going a bit 'Walking Dead' - strong aesthetic, good performances, but the story never really goes anywhere.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2017 11:32]
Half decent tv on 22:29 - Sep 11 with 6693 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Narcos is back. Still excellent.

Half decent tv on 13:29 - Sep 12 with 6605 viewssimmo

Almost finished Better Call Saul and will jump straight into Ozark which I haven't heard a bad word about yet.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Half decent tv on 15:12 - Sep 12 with 6542 viewspaulparker

Half decent tv on 22:29 - Sep 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Narcos is back. Still excellent.

season 3 is epic Bri Narcos is the best thing going so happy they are signed up for season 4 , BTW Pacho has to be up there as the top tv gangster of all time he executes people in his silk shirts and still has time to do the cha cha cha with his boyfriend

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Half decent tv on 15:18 - Sep 12 with 6530 viewsAntti_Heinola

Half decent tv on 13:29 - Sep 12 by simmo

Almost finished Better Call Saul and will jump straight into Ozark which I haven't heard a bad word about yet.

Just started Ozark - about 3 eps in. Enjoying it. Obvious echoes of Breaking Bad (which isn't a bad thing). Be interesting to see how it goes. Great leads. Hope it goes deeper and darker. Could be really good. Anyone else seen it?

Really enjoyed Glow too if anyone watched that?

Bare bones.

Half decent tv on 15:31 - Sep 12 with 6508 viewspaulparker

Btw I started the shield the other day as I burned through all of season 3 of Narco's in 2 days , does the shield get any better? the acting is awful and the plots are as lame as eastenders

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Half decent tv on 15:35 - Sep 12 with 6506 viewsPhildo

Half decent tv on 15:18 - Sep 12 by Antti_Heinola

Just started Ozark - about 3 eps in. Enjoying it. Obvious echoes of Breaking Bad (which isn't a bad thing). Be interesting to see how it goes. Great leads. Hope it goes deeper and darker. Could be really good. Anyone else seen it?

Really enjoyed Glow too if anyone watched that?

Enjoyed Ozark and Glow.

Working through Narcos 3 at the moment- it has had pretty lukewarm reviews but I am enjoying it. I understand it is still possible to procure illegal drugs in the USA so the spoiler is the DEA do not win the war on drugs.

On the books front I am really enjoying the new John Le Carre - if you like any of the Smiley books it is a treat.
Half decent tv on 16:24 - Sep 12 with 6477 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Another thumbs-up for Ozark. Actually preferred the characters in it to those in Breaking Bad.

Half decent tv on 17:07 - Sep 12 with 6452 viewssimmo

Half decent tv on 15:31 - Sep 12 by paulparker

Btw I started the shield the other day as I burned through all of season 3 of Narco's in 2 days , does the shield get any better? the acting is awful and the plots are as lame as eastenders

I'd give it a miss mate, was great in parts and for some episodes but got to about season 6 of 20,000 and it got silly. Love Walton Goggins though and he's pretty good in that but if you're already losing interest you've got no hope.

Glow is on my list, my mrs watched it and said it was good. Plus I'd watch Alison Brie in almost anything...

Half decent tv on 17:19 - Sep 12 with 6438 viewsrobith

Half decent tv on 15:31 - Sep 12 by paulparker

The Shield isn't classically brilliant TV, but as long as you can turn your brain off enough, it's a hell of a ride
Half decent tv on 17:21 - Sep 12 with 6431 viewsrobith

Half decent tv on 15:35 - Sep 12 by Phildo

Enjoyed Ozark and Glow.

Working through Narcos 3 at the moment- it has had pretty lukewarm reviews but I am enjoying it. I understand it is still possible to procure illegal drugs in the USA so the spoiler is the DEA do not win the war on drugs.

On the books front I am really enjoying the new John Le Carre - if you like any of the Smiley books it is a treat.

I had to laugh on Sunday night having spent an hour waiting to get through security at Dulles airport to discover an ad for series 3 of Narcos on the inside of the tray I had to put my stuff in
Half decent tv on 17:36 - Sep 12 with 6422 viewsMrSheen

Half decent tv on 17:19 - Sep 12 by robith

The Shield isn't classically brilliant TV, but as long as you can turn your brain off enough, it's a hell of a ride

The Shield was fantastic. Great characters, good use of locations and a real build up of tension over the main plot lines over the series. Suffered a bit from slipping in the stories-of-the-week around the slow burners, but one of the most exciting shows I've ever seen and ridiculously under-rated. Takes all sorts...
Half decent tv on 10:15 - Sep 18 with 6279 viewssimmo

For all the Last Chance U fans out there...

https://www.heraldtimesonline.com/news/local/former-iu-wide-receiver-camion-patr

Says that Isiah was also arrested - he's the guy that did this in the latest series -

Shame.

Half decent tv on 10:22 - Sep 18 with 6273 viewspaulparker

Given up on the shield and have starred on Ozark , not a fan of Bateman as an actor and it doesn't have me gripped yet but im only 2 episodes in so hopefully it does get better

Half decent tv on 10:59 - Sep 18 with 6249 viewsPhildo

If you like sci-fi the Expanse on Netflix is pretty good- I am a few episodes into the second series,
Half decent tv on 11:11 - Sep 18 with 6234 viewssimmo

Started American Graffiti last night. Check out the trailer if you don't already know what it is - brilliant idea and piss take of the many 'true crime' pieces that have come out recently.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024