Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? 20:59 - May 6 with 6077 viewsMarc

I know there's quite a few gamers on here, but any of you into the first person shooters?

I've played previous installments of both games i've mentioned in the thread title and Battlefield has always struck me as the more serious war game. The latest COD was revealed the other day, to mixed reviews with quite a few not liking the futuristic setting that they seem to be continuing with.

The latest BF is apparently being announced tonight, so lets see what they have in store for us. A return to the world war 2 setting would be right up my street.
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 22:48 - May 6 with 6042 viewsPunteR

I used to love Medal of Honor years ago. I get a bit bored of FPS these days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 22:49 - May 6 with 6042 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The fella I work with plays both and he said battlefield is much more fun.

I play world of warships so we often discuss both games.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:12 - May 7 with 5992 viewsToast_R

COD is just much of a muchness these days. Run and gun, best Broadband connection wins.

I bought Battlefield 3 and 4 on PS3 they were alright but I was terrible at both. Probably too used to COD.

I see the head to head this year looks intriguing. COD with its usual dirge not likely to be much different from the last two releases but the big game changer is... they've announced with it, you will also get a revamped upscale to latest gen version of COD4 Morden Warfare. Without doubt the best FPS ever made. This game was definitely a case of less is more. The only game I've genuinely been hooked on. This excites me.

EA meanwhile have announced Battlefield 1. Set in WW1 the trailer looks amazing. Brilliant concept never been done before. Could be a masterpiece.
[Post edited 7 May 2016 10:15]
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:17 - May 7 with 5975 viewsPommyhoop

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 22:48 - May 6 by PunteR

I used to love Medal of Honor years ago. I get a bit bored of FPS these days.

Same as that..I was in a clan and everything.
The only game I bother from time to time now is Dayz on the PC.
Its still in development but its still easily the best game Ive ever played..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:17 - May 7 with 5975 viewsRangersw12

I would recommend Wolfenstein one of best FPS I have played for a while

Cod is poor compared to previous versions
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:22 - May 7 with 5971 viewshoops_legend

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:17 - May 7 by Rangersw12

I would recommend Wolfenstein one of best FPS I have played for a while

Cod is poor compared to previous versions

Does anyone else here still own a dreamcast and play that. I recently got mine back out.. shenmue is a classic
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:27 - May 7 with 5964 viewsPommyhoop

I still remember the first time I played mohaa online. I only had dial up so obviously I was lagging like crazy. Any way I was on the Stalingrad map and some how I managed to shoot this fella in the head..''You c'nt' he typed ..That was it .I was hooked. We got broadband very shortly after that..

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 11:14 - May 7 with 5946 viewsMarc

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:12 - May 7 by Toast_R

COD is just much of a muchness these days. Run and gun, best Broadband connection wins.

I bought Battlefield 3 and 4 on PS3 they were alright but I was terrible at both. Probably too used to COD.

I see the head to head this year looks intriguing. COD with its usual dirge not likely to be much different from the last two releases but the big game changer is... they've announced with it, you will also get a revamped upscale to latest gen version of COD4 Morden Warfare. Without doubt the best FPS ever made. This game was definitely a case of less is more. The only game I've genuinely been hooked on. This excites me.

EA meanwhile have announced Battlefield 1. Set in WW1 the trailer looks amazing. Brilliant concept never been done before. Could be a masterpiece.
[Post edited 7 May 2016 10:15]

Just had a look at the trailer

Looks awesome. I know which of the two will be getting my money later on in the year!

Plenty of WW2 games, but has there ever been one set during the first world war before this one?
Login to get fewer ads

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 11:16 - May 7 with 5945 viewsMarc

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:22 - May 7 by hoops_legend

Does anyone else here still own a dreamcast and play that. I recently got mine back out.. shenmue is a classic

Had mine chipped, so had tons of games on it.
It's a shame it never really had the success it deserved and that it proved to be SEGA's last console.
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 11:38 - May 7 with 5932 viewsPommyhoop

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 11:16 - May 7 by Marc

It's a shame it never really had the success it deserved and that it proved to be SEGA's last console.

Its crazy how far games have come. I remember me and my mates dreaming of multi player , go where you want sandbox games like Dayz ,GTA and Red Dead Redemption.
Cannot believe that have actually done that.Now I have warned my Mrs that one day in the not too far future she might walk into a room and catch me absolutely starkers apart from a helmet with hd goggles and stereo earphones. I would be vigorously pumping fresh air but sometimes slowing down to a sensual rhythm. The only way the Mrs could get me off the game wopuld bei f she shouted out Rangers are on Bein
Thats proper science fiction..

And the room would be called the 'masturbitorium'. Fully tiled both floor and wall for easy cleaning...Not too unlike the Victorian toilets found in London and other cities back in the day
[Post edited 7 May 2016 11:47]

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 14:14 - May 7 with 5897 viewsPommyhoop

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 05:39 - May 8 with 5840 viewshoops_legend

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 11:16 - May 7 by Marc

Yeah me too although laser burned out easy after a while when playing burnt games. Still cannot beat a bit of power stone 2 and virtua tennis with the mates
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 10:46 - May 8 with 5806 viewsMarc

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 05:39 - May 8 by hoops_legend

Yeah me too although laser burned out easy after a while when playing burnt games. Still cannot beat a bit of power stone 2 and virtua tennis with the mates

Virtua Tennis was a cracking game.
Probably spent more hours on it than i should have done, it was that good.

Not that i would nowadays, but is chipping consoles still a thing?
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 12:28 - May 8 with 5783 viewsBluce_Ree

I love me some Dreamcast action.. Great console. Shenmue was great.

Not a fan of CoD or Battlefield but new BF looks good.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 18:51 - May 8 with 5730 viewsDorse

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 22:49 - May 6 by Metallica_Hoop

The fella I work with plays both and he said battlefield is much more fun.

I play world of warships so we often discuss both games.

I'm on WOWS too. Good fun and very addictive.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 19:41 - May 8 with 5715 viewsJigsore

is anyone playing the Overwatch beta? although it doesn't play like an FPS even if it looks like one imo

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 22:52 - May 8 with 5679 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 18:51 - May 8 by Dorse

I'm on WOWS too. Good fun and very addictive.

Isn't it just

It's all about the Kagero.

Me and my mate platoon in it with no smoke just a re-launcher. Watching half a team turn about and decide to go the other side with 32 torps in the water is rather satisfying.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 08:07 - May 9 with 5652 viewshoops_legend

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 12:28 - May 8 by Bluce_Ree

I love me some Dreamcast action.. Great console. Shenmue was great.

Not a fan of CoD or Battlefield but new BF looks good.

Bluce - shenmue 3 iis coming out after 15 years. They did a kixkstarter crowdfunding method and broke all sorts of records. I hsd stopped playing games but inspired me to dust of the old dreamcast and get the old games out.. you can still pre order shenmue 3 as out next year
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 16:10 - May 9 with 5598 viewsJuzzie

I like Fallout too. Currently playing Fallout 4.

It's an interesting mix between out-and-out FPS shooter and Role Playing Game so has quite a long gametime life rather than some games I've blitzed through in a few days.

As it's not reliant on only being an online mulitplayer game (i.e. Star Wars Battlefront) you can play it for a long time without having to pay extra for online usage (PS4).
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 16:22 - May 9 with 5593 viewsrobith

Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 16:10 - May 9 by Juzzie

I like Fallout too. Currently playing Fallout 4.

It's an interesting mix between out-and-out FPS shooter and Role Playing Game so has quite a long gametime life rather than some games I've blitzed through in a few days.

As it's not reliant on only being an online mulitplayer game (i.e. Star Wars Battlefront) you can play it for a long time without having to pay extra for online usage (PS4).

Star Wars Battlefront has got to be one of the most disappointing games of all time. How is it *so* dull.

TBH though I don't care for FPS. I'm playing Witcher 3 at the moment and I feel like it's going to steal a lot of my time
Gamers - Battlefield or COD? on 23:27 - Jul 20 with 5225 viewsToast_R

Although ive been hugely unimpressed with Battlefront- mainly because I'm sh*t at it, emptying clips into opponents to no avail but getting picked off really easily by anyone inwhat seems like a half mile radius, how good does the next expansion look?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024