Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin 11:08 - Nov 2 with 62375 viewsmacro

Charged with violent conduct (I assume it's the challenge which Clarke went mad about)
Club going to protest against it so fingers crossed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:37]
Calvin on 14:29 - Nov 2 with 4102 viewsnordenblue

Calvin on 13:24 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

He's got previous with Dale too I think? Didn't Hendo make his face bleed in a game at Gigg?

Think he broke his snout from memory of him moaning after the game,he's not too bothered when it's him dishing it out mind,vvanker of a bloke
Calvin on 14:37 - Nov 2 with 4079 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 14:25 - Nov 2 by KenBoon

I've just watched it back. Nothing happens at all. No reaction from any player and they're always in shot, so it must have happened somewhere else.

This was the Dale tweet after the corner:

There's a stoppage in play while Clarke receives treatment #RAFC

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin on 14:54 - Nov 2 with 4038 views442Dale

Calvin on 12:57 - Nov 2 by Daley_Lama

If Calv has done something deemed worthy of a ban longer than 3 games, then so be it and let the authorities deal with it.

Irrelevant of his nature, who he was up against, how the opposition has previously acted, who he used to play for, whether he was provoked.

If guilty, accept the ban
If not guilty, move on.

No place for violent conduct in football for me, one of our own or an opposition player.

Nail on head. Can't believe there's any other way to look at it.

We can only control our own actions. The biggest surprise/disappointment is that it's Calvin who is involved.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin on 14:58 - Nov 2 with 4024 views1907

Calvin on 14:54 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

Nail on head. Can't believe there's any other way to look at it.

We can only control our own actions. The biggest surprise/disappointment is that it's Calvin who is involved.

People are disputing the fact that he's actually done anything as serious as is being claimed. None of the Oldham players were moaning about anything other than Clarke. How on earth has anything gone on that serious that even a three game ban isn't enough? It's absolute bollocks that's what it is. We're being shafted.
Calvin on 15:00 - Nov 2 with 4006 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 14:58 - Nov 2 by 1907

People are disputing the fact that he's actually done anything as serious as is being claimed. None of the Oldham players were moaning about anything other than Clarke. How on earth has anything gone on that serious that even a three game ban isn't enough? It's absolute bollocks that's what it is. We're being shafted.

This from the Oldham board:

Clarke was saying very loudly to the bench that he had been elbowed as a corner came across.

The fact no one in the Sandy Lane end saw anything must finally prove what a shocking view it is! 😉

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Calvin on 15:04 - Nov 2 with 3988 views442Dale

It's as Lama posted. If guilty, there's a ban. If not, there isn't.

We don't know what went on, only that we're in this situation. Let's see what happens.

Calvin on 15:07 - Nov 2 with 3979 viewsdingdangblue

You would have thought the Oldham manager may have mentioned it post match if it was serious? I've heard of longer bans before where players have been actually injured by an elbow - but this seems like an overreaction? Clarke wasn't hurt, he played on, the ref hasn't seen anything, no foul awarded, no talking to for Andrew - so who has reported the incident? Very strange.

Calvin on 15:19 - Nov 2 with 3935 views442Dale

Calvin on 15:07 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

You would have thought the Oldham manager may have mentioned it post match if it was serious? I've heard of longer bans before where players have been actually injured by an elbow - but this seems like an overreaction? Clarke wasn't hurt, he played on, the ref hasn't seen anything, no foul awarded, no talking to for Andrew - so who has reported the incident? Very strange.

As the piece on the OS states the incident wasn't seen by the officials but caught on video.There's something of note on the video which has led to this stage. As for who reported it, it could have been something as simple as a player/someone on the bench saying "that needs looking at again" to the 4th official at the time and he made a note to do so.

Best way to avoid it? Don't do something that could be captured on video that could lead to getting to this stage.

Login to get fewer ads

Calvin on 15:44 - Nov 2 with 3848 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 15:19 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

As the piece on the OS states the incident wasn't seen by the officials but caught on video.There's something of note on the video which has led to this stage. As for who reported it, it could have been something as simple as a player/someone on the bench saying "that needs looking at again" to the 4th official at the time and he made a note to do so.

Best way to avoid it? Don't do something that could be captured on video that could lead to getting to this stage.

And in the recent Bolton game where Henderson was smashed in the head leading to concussion and hospitalisation? I dont remember any Dale staff asking the ref to look at the video at a later date. Oldham lost, Clarke has some sort of vendetta and takes it further.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 20:35]

Calvin on 15:59 - Nov 2 with 3795 views442Dale

Calvin on 15:44 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

And in the recent Bolton game where Henderson was smashed in the head leading to concussion and hospitalisation? I dont remember any Dale staff asking the ref to look at the video at a later date. Oldham lost, Clarke has some sort of vendetta and takes it further.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 20:35]

So? If anyone has a vendetta, why give them an opportunity to carry it on? It's the Jason Pearce rule: stop looking at others, look at what we can do to prevent these situations.

I'm fully prepared to accept there's no case or something happened that leads to a longer ban. Also we don't know whether they did complain, maybe the ref himself asked to see the video after he noticed Clarke was injured? Is he worthy of abuse too?

If Henderson was injured as a result of violent conduct and there's evidence to support this, the video should indeed be looked at again.

Calvin on 16:01 - Nov 2 with 3792 viewsdeeplishblue

Has Calvin got Welsh heritage? - perhaps we can get the Welsh FA to judge it.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 16:01]

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Calvin on 16:21 - Nov 2 with 3708 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 15:59 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

So? If anyone has a vendetta, why give them an opportunity to carry it on? It's the Jason Pearce rule: stop looking at others, look at what we can do to prevent these situations.

I'm fully prepared to accept there's no case or something happened that leads to a longer ban. Also we don't know whether they did complain, maybe the ref himself asked to see the video after he noticed Clarke was injured? Is he worthy of abuse too?

If Henderson was injured as a result of violent conduct and there's evidence to support this, the video should indeed be looked at again.

Come on , you've seen Clarke play. He loves the physical battle and is well capable of dishing it out as he did during the game - and as he does most games. Crying and reporting people afterwards is bad form.

Calvin on 16:26 - Nov 2 with 3687 viewsR17ALE

Given that over 5000 people are scratching their heads wondering what on earth has happened, my view is of amazement that we all missed this act worthy of an investigation. It's very rare something happens on a pitch which all of the crowd don't see and neither does the referee.

I can only assume Calvin was getting too close and personal with Clarke, and someone's told Chalky and he's reported it!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Calvin on 16:37 - Nov 2 with 3637 viewsAtThePeake

Calvin on 16:21 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Come on , you've seen Clarke play. He loves the physical battle and is well capable of dishing it out as he did during the game - and as he does most games. Crying and reporting people afterwards is bad form.

It completely depends what happened.

For example: the referee missed Suarez's bites on Evra and Chiellini - are you suggesting that they shouldn't have been reported and he shouldn't have been banned afterwards because the game was over?

Not suggesting for one second that happened, but IF something of that ilk did happen, it's correct to report it after the game.

Tangled up in blue.

Calvin on 16:40 - Nov 2 with 3621 views442Dale

Calvin on 16:21 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

I agree, Clarke is exactly that type of player. However, we're talking about the actions of our players before any complaint was made - not that we know that's what happened.

Fact is, there's something on video that has led to a charge that we are having to challenge. It's very strange, especially the bit about the length of the ban. It'll be very disappointing if we lose a crucial player for a length of time, but if we do it'll be down to whatever happened on that video.

Calvin on 16:54 - Nov 2 with 3084 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 16:37 - Nov 2 by AtThePeake

It completely depends what happened.

For example: the referee missed Suarez's bites on Evra and Chiellini - are you suggesting that they shouldn't have been reported and he shouldn't have been banned afterwards because the game was over?

Not suggesting for one second that happened, but IF something of that ilk did happen, it's correct to report it after the game.

It was Ivanovic the 2nd bite. The difference is both of those incidents were seen by millions.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 17:02]

Calvin on 17:03 - Nov 2 with 3043 viewsfermin

Calvin on 15:59 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

I thought that if the referee saw an incident and deemed it not worthy of punishment (eg Hendo against Bolton) then it cannot be reviewed. However, if he says he did not see it, such as this incident, then it can be reviewed using video evidence. I can't remember if this is the old rule or the current rule, though.
Calvin on 17:29 - Nov 2 with 2947 viewsThe_DJ

Calvin on 16:01 - Nov 2 by deeplishblue

Has Calvin got Welsh heritage? - perhaps we can get the Welsh FA to judge it.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 16:01]

Made his debut against Swansea so that may be enough ?
Calvin on 17:33 - Nov 2 with 2925 viewsDaley_Lama

Calvin on 16:26 - Nov 2 by R17ALE

Given that over 5000 people are scratching their heads wondering what on earth has happened, my view is of amazement that we all missed this act worthy of an investigation. It's very rare something happens on a pitch which all of the crowd don't see and neither does the referee.

I can only assume Calvin was getting too close and personal with Clarke, and someone's told Chalky and he's reported it!

psst

"She has reported it"

Poll: DF in or out

Calvin on 17:38 - Nov 2 with 2905 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin on 12:48 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

I missed that then! What happened in the 77th minute then? Someone must have seen something if its led to him being charged!

Dunno. I was too busy looking for Boris Johnson.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin on 17:46 - Nov 2 with 2875 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 17:38 - Nov 2 by TVOS1907

Dunno. I was too busy looking for Boris Johnson.

That'd be around about the same time as TS was looking for the brexit

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin on 17:46 - Nov 2 with 2873 viewsTVOS1907

You don't know that for a fact and without having seen video footage, which has obviously been viewed by the relevant people, we can't draw any conclusions.

Calvin on 17:57 - Nov 2 with 2826 viewsColDale

You'd must assume that there must be a case to answer or otherwise there's be no charge. He wouldn't be charged on the say so of Clarke alone. But we're generally an honest lot on here and if something had been seen, you'd have thought someone would have seen it given that both players were in the middle of the penalty box. Even if it was just someone saying 'that could have been taken the wrong way' but nobody seems to have seen anything untoward.

It seems almost unheard of at this level for a player to be charged like this. It only ever usually happens in the Premiership and even then only when SSN have stuck an incident on hourly rotation for the faux outrage to grow.

Whilst the outcome doesn't diminish any intent, but Clarke played the remainder of the game, mostly without any sign of red mist at what may or may not have transpired and he even responded to the crowd when he got stick when receiving treatment. None of which would suggest anything warranting more than a three game ban should something have gone on.

I don't doubt he got caught by something but he's been in the game for long enough to know if you put your head in where it hurts, eventually it's gonna hurt.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Calvin on 17:58 - Nov 2 with 2820 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin on 15:19 - Nov 2 by 442Dale

I still think it's been picked up by the match observer and reviewed on video after the match.

If the fourth official has seen anything, he would have told the ref at the time through the communications system.

I doubt there has been much involvement from Oldham, to be honest.

Calvin on 18:01 - Nov 2 with 2798 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 17:57 - Nov 2 by ColDale

You'd must assume that there must be a case to answer or otherwise there's be no charge. He wouldn't be charged on the say so of Clarke alone. But we're generally an honest lot on here and if something had been seen, you'd have thought someone would have seen it given that both players were in the middle of the penalty box. Even if it was just someone saying 'that could have been taken the wrong way' but nobody seems to have seen anything untoward.

It seems almost unheard of at this level for a player to be charged like this. It only ever usually happens in the Premiership and even then only when SSN have stuck an incident on hourly rotation for the faux outrage to grow.

Whilst the outcome doesn't diminish any intent, but Clarke played the remainder of the game, mostly without any sign of red mist at what may or may not have transpired and he even responded to the crowd when he got stick when receiving treatment. None of which would suggest anything warranting more than a three game ban should something have gone on.

I don't doubt he got caught by something but he's been in the game for long enough to know if you put your head in where it hurts, eventually it's gonna hurt.

This post has been edited by an administrator

3 game ban sufficient for Aguero? Have Rochdale 'worded' the statement incorrectly? Seems strange Calvin would have to serve any more than a normal violent conduct charge?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37260489

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024