Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin 11:08 - Nov 2 with 62373 viewsmacro

Charged with violent conduct (I assume it's the challenge which Clarke went mad about)
Club going to protest against it so fingers crossed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:37]
Calvin on 16:57 - Nov 4 with 4470 viewsDaleiLama

Calvin on 16:54 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

Sorry, I can't reveal my sauce

Well, if the video isn't aired on tv before I go out, I'll have to try to catch it later on Ketch-up

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Calvin on 17:00 - Nov 4 with 4439 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 16:50 - Nov 4 by fitzochris

I think the fact alone that the ban is so monumental warrants the offence being released.

By whom though? The club or the FA?

The club are under no compunction to do so. The FA might be wary of releasing evidence that could possibly lead to a further charge by the police.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Calvin on 17:02 - Nov 4 with 4410 viewssykeboy

Calvin on 17:00 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

The club are under no compunction to do so. The FA might be wary of releasing evidence that could possibly lead to a further charge by the police.

Length of ban explains why Clarke spat his dummy out
Calvin on 17:02 - Nov 4 with 4400 viewsKenBoon

Ignore the clickbait media when it comes to what it's for. They'd use anything - including this forum - as a source. Elbow is just the obvious choice. It must be a people's elbow to get 12 games though.
Calvin on 17:04 - Nov 4 with 4370 viewsfitzochris

Calvin on 17:00 - Nov 4 by D_Alien

The club should tell us what has transpired, as should the FA. It is, in many respects, an historic punishment.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calvin on 17:11 - Nov 4 with 4296 viewsShun

WHAT?!
This is madness!

(This is Sparta)
Calvin on 17:14 - Nov 4 with 4261 viewsjudd

Calvin Andrew

Settles scores when he wants

Poll: What is it to be then?

Calvin on 17:21 - Nov 4 with 4177 viewsnordenblue

Calvin on 17:02 - Nov 4 by sykeboy

Length of ban explains why Clarke spat his dummy out

Tbf it doesn't take much,shit house of a player who swaggers around like some tough guy dishing it out,then moans like a girl when he gets any back...
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin on 17:25 - Nov 4 with 4133 viewsJumeirahDale

If it was an "elbow smash" (still find it hard to believe that thousands of people missed it) then my thoughts immediately went to Ben Thatcher and Pedro Mendes - the latter had to be revived and given oxygen on the field. Thatcher was banned for 8 matches.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 17:29]
Calvin on 17:49 - Nov 4 with 3895 viewsfermin

Calvin on 17:25 - Nov 4 by JumeirahDale

If it was an "elbow smash" (still find it hard to believe that thousands of people missed it) then my thoughts immediately went to Ben Thatcher and Pedro Mendes - the latter had to be revived and given oxygen on the field. Thatcher was banned for 8 matches.

[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 17:54]
Calvin on 17:49 - Nov 4 with 3892 viewsKenBoon

Calvin on 17:25 - Nov 4 by JumeirahDale

That's the one I was trying to remember. There was a public outcry about the Thatcher one too.
Calvin on 17:51 - Nov 4 with 3871 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Calvin on 16:26 - Nov 4 by kirbys

When the video evidence is released someone must look at the challenge on calvin a few minutes before Clarke hit the ground. Calvin was walloped from behind and took some recovery whilst the game went on. No foul was given. When Calvin got up he was furious and this was the catalyst for the incident in question. I was stood in the Sandy and remarked that I had never seen Calvin so angry. The next minute Clarke is on the deck and also very angry.
The video footage needs to be looked at to judge what led up to the 77th minute. I honestly can't say whether is was Clarke who walloped Calvin but he took a big hit and I think this would at least make an Oldham player (probably Clarke) culpable. In turn it may lessen the punishment on Calvin which more or less finishes his season.

When he returns we will have just played over half of our league games (depending on cup games) so it doesn't more or less end his season at all
Calvin on 17:52 - Nov 4 with 3856 viewsPorlicks

We've got to be grown up about it.

Suspend him and wait for any appeal result.

If it's really a 12 match ban then sack him.

Who are YOU with?

Calvin on 18:04 - Nov 4 with 3732 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Calvin on 17:52 - Nov 4 by Porlicks

Why would/should we sack him?
Calvin on 18:06 - Nov 4 with 3703 viewsD_Alien

I'd prefer we remained grown up about it

Calvin on 18:11 - Nov 4 with 3635 views442Dale

Without any knowledge of what has happened that's as nonsensical as those who somehow try to blame Oldham or Clarke.

Fitzo has it right, we deserve to know more about what actually happened. The club definitely can't leave it like this, nor do I expect them to.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin on 18:12 - Nov 4 with 3632 views1907

Log out and never come back. Pillock.
Calvin on 18:15 - Nov 4 with 3603 viewsdale4ever

Video of the elbow here
Calvin on 18:17 - Nov 4 with 3582 viewsSalwaDale

Calvin on 18:12 - Nov 4 by 1907

Log out and never come back. Pillock.

Why? Porlicks seems to be expressing the view that he doesn't want a player who has done an elbow smash 1.5 times as bad as Thatcher paying for his club. Whether We agree or not that is not so ridiculous. He's saying that should be done if the incident really warrants a 12 game ban. Many on here have wanted players out of the club for less.

Without seeing the incident ourselves we don't really have much we can say. I would suspect an appeal our an apology is on the way.

TBBT

Calvin on 18:18 - Nov 4 with 3564 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin on 17:02 - Nov 4 by KenBoon

Ignore the clickbait media when it comes to what it's for. They'd use anything - including this forum - as a source. Elbow is just the obvious choice. It must be a people's elbow to get 12 games though.

Are Elbow People a sub-division of Football People?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin on 18:20 - Nov 4 with 3541 viewsKenBoon

Calvin on 18:15 - Nov 4 by dale4ever

Video of the elbow here

Horrendous but not 12 games. He has no previous either. 6 games at worst.
Calvin on 18:20 - Nov 4 with 3537 viewsSalwaDale

Calvin on 18:17 - Nov 4 by SalwaDale

Why? Porlicks seems to be expressing the view that he doesn't want a player who has done an elbow smash 1.5 times as bad as Thatcher paying for his club. Whether We agree or not that is not so ridiculous. He's saying that should be done if the incident really warrants a 12 game ban. Many on here have wanted players out of the club for less.

Without seeing the incident ourselves we don't really have much we can say. I would suspect an appeal our an apology is on the way.

OK, now I have seen it. Shocking and deserved ban.

TBBT

Calvin on 18:21 - Nov 4 with 3528 viewsfitzochris

Calvin on 18:15 - Nov 4 by dale4ever

Video of the elbow here

It's a Sunday League take down.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Calvin on 18:22 - Nov 4 with 3515 viewsD_Alien

Calvin on 18:11 - Nov 4 by 442Dale

Without any knowledge of what has happened that's as nonsensical as those who somehow try to blame Oldham or Clarke.

Fitzo has it right, we deserve to know more about what actually happened. The club definitely can't leave it like this, nor do I expect them to.

Fitzo might be as curious as the rest of us, and would also want to have such a precedent made public for reasons of further incidents, plus there's video evidence on this thread now; but I'd maintain there may be genuine reasons (possibly legal) why neither the club nor the FA have seen fit to disclose more than they have.

[Post edited 4 Nov 2016 18:25]

Calvin on 18:27 - Nov 4 with 3435 viewsHarry_Dale

I rarely comment on this board, but I feel I have to on this.

This is a premeditated assault, basically. If anyone of us did this in our workplace, or for that matter in Rochdale after 10 pints we'd be up before the courts for assault/GBH.

Not good from him! The ban is desereved.

Detriments our season massively. Ill jusdged and selfish action.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024