Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Calvin 11:08 - Nov 2 with 62374 viewsmacro

Charged with violent conduct (I assume it's the challenge which Clarke went mad about)
Club going to protest against it so fingers crossed.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 11:37]
Calvin on 18:01 - Nov 2 with 5141 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin on 16:21 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

Come on , you've seen Clarke play. He loves the physical battle and is well capable of dishing it out as he did during the game - and as he does most games. Crying and reporting people afterwards is bad form.

But we don't know he did.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Calvin on 18:04 - Nov 2 with 5109 viewsdingdangblue

From FA site. Same wording as Dale.

http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/02/calvin-andrew-rochdale-violent-conduct-cha

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Calvin on 18:07 - Nov 2 with 5089 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 18:01 - Nov 2 by TVOS1907

But we don't know he did.

So the ref and 4th official have took it upon themselves, without any prompting, to search through a video of the game for an incident that no one at the game saw?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Calvin on 18:08 - Nov 2 with 5106 viewsAtThePeake

Calvin on 16:54 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

It was Ivanovic the 2nd bite. The difference is both of those incidents were seen by millions.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2016 17:02]

Right you are.

What difference does it make how many people saw it? If a player does something wrong on the pitch they should be punished for it, regardless of how many people saw it at the time.

Tangled up in blue.

Calvin on 18:15 - Nov 2 with 5087 viewsSuddenLad

The suggestion that any subsequent ban 'could exceed the normal 3 matches' implies that something akin to a bite, or an eye gouge is being alleged.

If indeed that is the case, it will be a minimum 8 games. I can think of no other kind of incident that would attract such a statement for some thing that went apparently completely unseen by everyone except Clarke.

It is certainly a mystery, shrouded by very carefully worded statements.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Calvin on 18:19 - Nov 2 with 5074 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin on 18:07 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

So the ref and 4th official have took it upon themselves, without any prompting, to search through a video of the game for an incident that no one at the game saw?

No, I think the match observer has been involved, as I've already mentioned, but it's only supposition.

We need Boss Hog to come on and explain how the process works.

Calvin on 18:23 - Nov 2 with 5059 views442Dale

Calvin on 18:07 - Nov 2 by dingdangblue

No. Maybe the ref/linesman/4th official/match observer saw the aftermath of whatever went on and thought it was worth reviewing after. Without having seen the alleged incident, we don't know whether the player was right to be annoyed, but what we do know is that the video held sufficient evidence to lead to what's happened today. If it didn't, it wouldn't have got this far.

If something similar to what is contained in that video were to happen to a Dale player, would be having a go at him and the club should anyone else involved end up being charged after the event?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Calvin on 19:26 - Nov 2 with 4911 viewslyberoc

I was in the Sandy, I didnt see the incident just the aftermath the Oldham goalie definitely pointed out Calvin ti the ref. I,d suggest that because the onfield protests by the Oldham players the ref himself suggested that he would review the video later
Login to get fewer ads

Calvin on 19:36 - Nov 2 with 4881 views49thseason

I noticed that after the final whistle, Calvin went to shake hands with Clarke and was promptly given the bums rush in no uncertain terms, to be fair, Calvin looked a bit bemused by Clarke's reaction.
Calvin on 23:17 - Nov 2 with 4625 viewsShun

Very curious as to what actually occurred that 5,000 people missed, including a hundred or so only yards from the scene of the crime. If he is charged will it be released what actually happened?
Calvin on 08:53 - Nov 3 with 4441 viewsmikehunt

I was in the Sandy, remember being surprised that someone was on the deck so long after the corner, which seemed fairly innocuous to me. I remember their keeper pointing and making an elbow gesture to the ref, so Icould only conclude that that is what they were grumbling about.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Calvin on 11:40 - Nov 3 with 4263 viewsdingdangblue

From the F.A.

Off the ball incidents which are not seen at the time by the match officials are referred to a panel of three former elite match officials.
Each panel member will review the video footage independently of one another to determine whether they consider it a sending-off offence.
For retrospective action to be taken, and an FA charge to follow, the decision of the panel must be unanimous.

Reading that - we are going to be missing Calvin for at least 3 games. Lets hope they take his usual calm nature into consideration and leave it at that.

Calvin on 14:48 - Nov 3 with 4059 viewsaleanddale

Verdict has to be unanimous. 3/3 if it's the panel.

5000 missed what is going to be decided retrospectively let's hope Calvin gets the benefit of the doubt.

The allegation is just so un Calvin like!
Calvin on 15:25 - Nov 3 with 4001 viewsSuddenLad

Calvin on 14:48 - Nov 3 by aleanddale

5000 missed what is going to be decided retrospectively let's hope Calvin gets the benefit of the doubt.

What's the allegation ? Does anyone know yet ?

Calvin on 15:46 - Nov 3 with 3936 viewsdingdangblue

Calvin on 14:48 - Nov 3 by aleanddale

Its already been decided by the panel - hence the F.A. charge. If 3 of them have all seen it on video independently and agreed it must be fairly clear cut. I guess Dale are just appealing the talk of more than 3 games suspended.

Calvin on 08:00 - Nov 4 with 3563 viewsaleanddale

Calvin on 15:46 - Nov 3 by dingdangblue

Its already been decided by the panel - hence the F.A. charge. If 3 of them have all seen it on video independently and agreed it must be fairly clear cut. I guess Dale are just appealing the talk of more than 3 games suspended.

Sounds bad reading the statement properly.

FFS could really do without this!
Calvin on 08:53 - Nov 4 with 3468 viewsdingdangblue

Does anyone know when Calvin's hearing is? Obviously if it isn't today he can play on Sunday. If it is today and he is suspended - how will the EFL trophy game stand? As it wasn't a red card and was a retrospective punishment and a violent conduct charge surely he would be suspended from all football?

Calvin on 08:58 - Nov 4 with 3469 viewsTVOS1907

Calvin on 08:53 - Nov 4 by dingdangblue

Does anyone know when Calvin's hearing is? Obviously if it isn't today he can play on Sunday. If it is today and he is suspended - how will the EFL trophy game stand? As it wasn't a red card and was a retrospective punishment and a violent conduct charge surely he would be suspended from all football?

Good question re Hartlepool.

Red cards in the Checkatrade Trophy lead to suspensions in that competition only, so I wonder if it works the other way round?

I'm sure all will be revealed today.

Calvin on 13:49 - Nov 4 with 3241 viewsD_Dale

What is it about the 77th minute?

From FA webpages:

Calvin Andrew has been charged following an incident which was not seen by the match officials but caught on video.

The Rochdale player was involved in an alleged act of violent conduct in or around the 77th minute of the game against Oldham Athletic on 29 October 2016.

Furthermore, it is alleged that the standard punishment of three matches that would otherwise apply is clearly insufficient.

The player has until 6pm on 2 November 2016 to respond to the charge.

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/nov/02/calvin-andrew-rochdale-violent-conduct-cha

Thursday 20 October 2016

Bury FC
Rochdale AFC v Bury FC
Football League 1, 15 October 2016
Breach of FA Rule E20 (a) — it is alleged that in or around the 77th minute of the fixture, Bury FC failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.
Charge admitted, paper hearing requested.

Bury FC was fined £12,500 and warned as to its future conduct.

Wednesday 19 October

Rochdale AFC
Rochdale AFC v Bury FC
Football League 1, 15 October 2016
Breach of FA Rule E20 (a) — it is alleged that in or around the 77th minute of the fixture, Rochdale AFC failed to ensure that its players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion.

Charge admitted, standard penalty 1 (£2,500 fine) accepted

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/2016/Sep/30/fa-charges-suspensions-wrongful-dismissal-
Calvin on 14:13 - Nov 4 with 3186 viewsSuddenLad

What was it specifically that drew the £2,500 fine ?

Calvin on 14:35 - Nov 4 with 3111 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No wonder the FA have so much loot.......proper money maker this discipline jobby.
Calvin on 15:18 - Nov 4 with 3032 viewsColDale

Calvin on 14:35 - Nov 4 by Yorkshire_Dale

No wonder the FA have so much loot.......proper money maker this discipline jobby.

You're assuming that it will get paid
Calvin on 15:31 - Nov 4 with 2982 viewssykeboy

Calvin on 15:18 - Nov 4 by ColDale

You're assuming that it will get paid

12 match ban wow!!
Calvin on 15:36 - Nov 4 with 2955 viewssykeboy

Calvin on 15:31 - Nov 4 by sykeboy

12 match ban wow!!

As previously stated its got to be a bite or eye contact appears he has admitted the charge
Calvin on 15:40 - Nov 4 with 2923 viewsnordenblue

Calvin on 15:31 - Nov 4 by sykeboy

12 match ban wow!!

That seems ridiculously excessive whatever he's done....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024