Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just Back 17:32 - Nov 19 with 8577 viewsBakes

Actually won't be home for another 15 mins but..

First half we were excellent, didn't get a clear look at the incident, to me it looked like he fell on to the ball, their player took 2 mins to leave the pitch so maybe that put Chery off, it was miles wide and he scuffed it but we didn't let our heads drop, we were at them from the start like we did against Leeds all that time ago. Hall played as a CDM next to Cousins and it looked good, Cherys ball for Sebs goal was perfect, Polter did well to hold off the defender and slot home. Washingtons goal was good and you could tell it meant a lot to him.
Robinsons latest injury meant we had to change formation.

Second half, it looked like we went back to 442. Sandro done ok, touches of class then moments of madness. Luongo came off and Shodipo came on, he started on the left wing and then changed to right and kept it simple, just ran down the wings trying to box it.

Norwich had a spell where they rocked the cross bar and ended up getting a goal, the last few mins were a bit nervy. Sylla came on for Polter but didn't do much.

A improved performance and the atmosphere was great. Actually enjoyed a home game for the first time in ages.

My MOTM is CW. Didn't stop
[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 17:40]

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Just Back on 18:19 - Nov 19 with 6514 viewsStanisgod

Bit hard to evaluate a team playing 10 men for 97 minutes, but I thought first half everybody looked like they actually knew their job. Good goals as well.
Second half a bit weird for 30 minutes as we tried for a third but couldnt get it and they just defended to keep the score down. Then they get one and its panic stations not helped by a mish mash of a defence and Cousins donning a yellow shirt. Changes didnt really help either but what an atmosphere , and three points plus Ollies got a good look in match conditions of the task ahead.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just Back on 18:21 - Nov 19 with 6488 viewsTacticalR

Norwich looked pretty shell-shocked in the first half, and it looked like we might run up a big score. As we had an extra man Hall was moved forward to act as an extra player in midfield.

However, Norwich were not completely out of the game, and I was worried that if we didn't get another goal after being 2-0 up after 25 minutes, then if Norwich scored late then they might get back into the match. That almost happened after Naismith scored, but we had enough to hang on and see out the game.

We didn't look quite right after Sandro came on for Robinson. We might not have got away with it if Norwich had had eleven men. Sandro is quite composed and circulates the ball reasonably well, but he doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the other players and looked like he might get caught on the ball in front of the defence.

We didn't hit so many long balls, but we were still hitting some shorter balls that were rather hit and hope. We were also hitting long cross-field passes to the wingers and those worked quite well (much better than just straight balls forward).

Air hostess clique

Just Back on 18:29 - Nov 19 with 6389 viewsBlackCrowe

Thought Chery was outstanding until he tired towards the end.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just Back on 18:33 - Nov 19 with 6358 viewsPinnerPaul

Didn't think Sandro coming on was the problem - we were very good for 20 mins.

Then Luongo went off, not a massive problem, but putting Shipido on was.

We didn't need a wide player, Perch and Lynch had the freedom of West London to get forward - taking a man out of the middle against 10 didn't work.

Great to get a win and see two up front!
Just Back on 18:36 - Nov 19 with 6325 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bit thi on the "just backs" I see.

I hope and trust that the pubs of West London are doing a roaring trade and everyone who went is getting royally p*ssed. Well done all of you.
Just Back on 18:54 - Nov 19 with 6193 viewsAgedR

I thought overall we were excellent today. High tempo, attacking, inventive.

And then Sandro...

Yes he is proficient, but, he sits deep and noticeable took the pace and intent away from a very encouraging first half partnership of Cousins and Luongo.

There seems to be a blind spot amongst Rangers fans when it comes to Sandro.

I wish he was an ex QPR player. He represents everything we need to change.

Delighted for Ollie and Birch though. Haven't enjoyed a performance as much fir quite a while.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Just Back on 19:09 - Nov 19 with 6067 viewsbosh67

Yes, tough to tell how good that was with Norwich effectively playing the whole game with 10 men.

But...

2 strikers up front (tick)
Both scored (tick)
Attacking from the first minute (tick)
Liked the 3 centre backs with the two wing back idea in the 1st half. Looked really sold. (tick)
Liked Chery coming more centrally to dictate play (tick)
Liked the directness of play for the first 65 minutes (tick)
Liked that we left Washington near the half way line when defending corners (tick)
Enjoyed our tempo until the final 15-20 minutes (tick)

Lost the midfield and our shape when Luongo went off. Unlucky to lose Robinson again to a hamstring. That effected the shape as well.

For some reason we tired at the end and Norwich, who looked singularly uninterested for 70 minutes suddenly came to life when Luongo went off. So, we needed the 3rd goal. 2 excellent saves by their keeper to deny that.

For me today, Lynch was outstanding I thought, great touch for a big man and can pick out a very elegant pass. Hall did very well first half as a sort of sweeper in the middle of the 3 CBs. Chery had moments of no concentration and others of sublime brilliance. Washington had his best game for us and Polter, as always made life hard. Set up one goal, scored the other.

A much more QPR type performance though, even though we hung on for some reason at the end. Difficult to say how good it was against a team with 10 men who decided to turn up only for the last 20 minutes. But much much better and much more entertaining.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just Back on 19:14 - Nov 19 with 5996 viewswestberksr

Pretty much agree with Bosh but won't quote as its a pretty long post.

When the third goal didn't come we just dropped a bit too deep and let them play, should have stayed on the front foot as they seemed happy to keep the deficit to 2 for the first 25 minutes of the second half.
Login to get fewer ads

Just Back on 19:14 - Nov 19 with 5996 viewspaulparker

Just back
Brilliant 1st half but p1ssed as a fart thanks to DD, Essex , west berks , Pete & co
That's what football is about a few good drinks and a ding dong game
Also spent the game talking to a 4 year year old lad who had more tactical nous than JFH
Hopefully they had a safe trip back to west Drayton
Cmon u rrrrssssss

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just Back on 19:15 - Nov 19 with 5986 viewsQPR_John

Just Back on 19:09 - Nov 19 by bosh67

Yes, tough to tell how good that was with Norwich effectively playing the whole game with 10 men.

But...

2 strikers up front (tick)
Both scored (tick)
Attacking from the first minute (tick)
Liked the 3 centre backs with the two wing back idea in the 1st half. Looked really sold. (tick)
Liked Chery coming more centrally to dictate play (tick)
Liked the directness of play for the first 65 minutes (tick)
Liked that we left Washington near the half way line when defending corners (tick)
Enjoyed our tempo until the final 15-20 minutes (tick)

Lost the midfield and our shape when Luongo went off. Unlucky to lose Robinson again to a hamstring. That effected the shape as well.

For some reason we tired at the end and Norwich, who looked singularly uninterested for 70 minutes suddenly came to life when Luongo went off. So, we needed the 3rd goal. 2 excellent saves by their keeper to deny that.

For me today, Lynch was outstanding I thought, great touch for a big man and can pick out a very elegant pass. Hall did very well first half as a sort of sweeper in the middle of the 3 CBs. Chery had moments of no concentration and others of sublime brilliance. Washington had his best game for us and Polter, as always made life hard. Set up one goal, scored the other.

A much more QPR type performance though, even though we hung on for some reason at the end. Difficult to say how good it was against a team with 10 men who decided to turn up only for the last 20 minutes. But much much better and much more entertaining.

"For some reason we tired at the end and Norwich, who looked singularly uninterested for 70 minutes suddenly came to life when Luongo went off. So, we needed the 3rd goal. 2 excellent saves by their keeper to deny that. "

It is a problem that needs answering. Norwich should have been dead on their feet after playing virtually the whole game with 10 men but at the end seemed to be the fitter side.
Just Back on 19:16 - Nov 19 with 5977 viewsgobbles

Just Back on 18:54 - Nov 19 by AgedR

I thought overall we were excellent today. High tempo, attacking, inventive.

And then Sandro...

Yes he is proficient, but, he sits deep and noticeable took the pace and intent away from a very encouraging first half partnership of Cousins and Luongo.

There seems to be a blind spot amongst Rangers fans when it comes to Sandro.

I wish he was an ex QPR player. He represents everything we need to change.

Delighted for Ollie and Birch though. Haven't enjoyed a performance as much fir quite a while.

Can't understand this. Our best period of play was with Sandro on the pitch and improved greatly on the final ten minutes of the first half. When Luongo went off, that's when we started losing shape.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 20:51]
Just Back on 19:33 - Nov 19 with 5858 viewsbaz_qpr

Brilliant 1 st half, surprised with 3-4-1-2 starting formation but we took them to the cleaners. Thought the ball had originally crossed the line before their defender scooped it back. 1st goal classic big man little man combo, 2nd goal an absolute peach not something we've done for a long time tear a side wide open with 3 passes to score one on one. Switched to 4-4-2 mid way through half and Hall had a very good cameo in centre mid. Robinson was just a different class 1st half, if we could just keep him fit. Joel Lynch absolutely dominated at centre half too. Across the team though we were great, fantastic intensity and player with a real zip. Game should have been wrapped by HT Norwich lucky to only be 2 down could have been 4.

Second half more scrappy we missed both Robinson and Lynch whilst he did well at left back was sorely missed in the centre of defence and their forwards dominated more. We were definitely less direct Cousins got very nervy, and I guess if not had been international week Cousins would have been the one to make way. Goal came from a mistake from Shodipo, ok he's young fair enough but his reaction was pretty poor and bar one episode where he chased back and one the ball, his lack of work ethic without the ball is a bit worrying and something Ollie needs to sort out if he is going to progress. No excuse for standing hands on hips or jogging very slowly back to position when opposition are attacking us.

Anyway we got over the line Washington got his goal, we got attacking football, excitement and my kid came away generally enthused for the first time in ages. MOTM a toss up between Lynch, Chery and Washington, probably Lynch for me
Just Back on 19:46 - Nov 19 with 5718 views100percent

Just Back on 19:16 - Nov 19 by gobbles

Can't understand this. Our best period of play was with Sandro on the pitch and improved greatly on the final ten minutes of the first half. When Luongo went off, that's when we started losing shape.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 20:51]

Totally agree with this. we lost the midfield when Luongo went off. Gave them so much time on the ball and they started looking dangerous. Thought Sandro looked ok when Loungo was on the pitch, but was exposed when he went off....
Just Back on 19:59 - Nov 19 with 5644 viewsdavman

Just Back on 19:33 - Nov 19 by baz_qpr

Brilliant 1 st half, surprised with 3-4-1-2 starting formation but we took them to the cleaners. Thought the ball had originally crossed the line before their defender scooped it back. 1st goal classic big man little man combo, 2nd goal an absolute peach not something we've done for a long time tear a side wide open with 3 passes to score one on one. Switched to 4-4-2 mid way through half and Hall had a very good cameo in centre mid. Robinson was just a different class 1st half, if we could just keep him fit. Joel Lynch absolutely dominated at centre half too. Across the team though we were great, fantastic intensity and player with a real zip. Game should have been wrapped by HT Norwich lucky to only be 2 down could have been 4.

Second half more scrappy we missed both Robinson and Lynch whilst he did well at left back was sorely missed in the centre of defence and their forwards dominated more. We were definitely less direct Cousins got very nervy, and I guess if not had been international week Cousins would have been the one to make way. Goal came from a mistake from Shodipo, ok he's young fair enough but his reaction was pretty poor and bar one episode where he chased back and one the ball, his lack of work ethic without the ball is a bit worrying and something Ollie needs to sort out if he is going to progress. No excuse for standing hands on hips or jogging very slowly back to position when opposition are attacking us.

Anyway we got over the line Washington got his goal, we got attacking football, excitement and my kid came away generally enthused for the first time in ages. MOTM a toss up between Lynch, Chery and Washington, probably Lynch for me

Lynch Motm, closely followed by Washington

Smithies 6.5 solid apart from one on one with Oliver following Ned's dodgy back pass. Unlike Alex to bottle a challenge, but I think he did there.
Perch 6.5 good game
Robinson 7 just get fit; much more exciting than Bidwell and THAT throw!
Lynch 8 superb game, but needs to be in the middle
Hall 7.5 great game both at CB and CDM
Onouha 7 committed performance, but one or two dodgy clearances
Luongo 6.5 lots energy, pretty sold
Cousins 7 best game for us, but tired
Washington 7.5 tireless running, looked a proper player today. Will thrive under Ollie.
Polter 6.5 love THE BFG, great goal, but Sylla is better
Chery 7 missed penalty, poor set pieces, but plenty 9f good stuff on the ball

Sandro 6.5; what must Borysiuk think not getting a game?
Shodipo 7 I expected Ollie's to go with wingers today, surprised him and Yeni didn't start. Lots energy and some strong defensive work
Sylla 6.5 not enough time to make an impact

Great day. Disappointed not to see Sylla, Borysiuk, Wsolek and Ngbakato; hopefully they will be involved soon. Minor point though as, Ollie's picked a winning team!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Just Back on 20:05 - Nov 19 with 5601 viewsDorse

Just Back on 19:14 - Nov 19 by paulparker

Just back
Brilliant 1st half but p1ssed as a fart thanks to DD, Essex , west berks , Pete & co
Also spent the game talking to a 4 year year old lad who had more tactical nous than JFH
Cmon u rrrrssssss

The casualty rate tonight will be enormous.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Just Back on 20:15 - Nov 19 with 5523 viewsCiderwithRsie

Just Back on 20:05 - Nov 19 by Dorse

The casualty rate tonight will be enormous.

But all in a worthy cause.

They give their livers so that we can live. We salute them.

Two minutes silence tomorrow for the sake of their heads.
Just Back on 21:00 - Nov 19 with 5281 viewsHordleHoop

Just Back on 19:59 - Nov 19 by davman

Lynch Motm, closely followed by Washington

Smithies 6.5 solid apart from one on one with Oliver following Ned's dodgy back pass. Unlike Alex to bottle a challenge, but I think he did there.
Perch 6.5 good game
Robinson 7 just get fit; much more exciting than Bidwell and THAT throw!
Lynch 8 superb game, but needs to be in the middle
Hall 7.5 great game both at CB and CDM
Onouha 7 committed performance, but one or two dodgy clearances
Luongo 6.5 lots energy, pretty sold
Cousins 7 best game for us, but tired
Washington 7.5 tireless running, looked a proper player today. Will thrive under Ollie.
Polter 6.5 love THE BFG, great goal, but Sylla is better
Chery 7 missed penalty, poor set pieces, but plenty 9f good stuff on the ball

Sandro 6.5; what must Borysiuk think not getting a game?
Shodipo 7 I expected Ollie's to go with wingers today, surprised him and Yeni didn't start. Lots energy and some strong defensive work
Sylla 6.5 not enough time to make an impact

Great day. Disappointed not to see Sylla, Borysiuk, Wsolek and Ngbakato; hopefully they will be involved soon. Minor point though as, Ollie's picked a winning team!

I respect your opinion but I thought Cousins had a really poor game. Sure he's just lacking a bit of confidence. He'll come good I hope.
Problems started with Shodipo swap for Luongo. We lost our midfield shape and definitely panicked after their goal.
CW was a positive. Looked sharp.
Norwich didn't look
Like they were playing for their manager for most of the game. They were poor. Different team after the goal. I was relieved to hear final whistle after we dominated for so long.
Bloody M3 being shut is a nightmare!!! 4 bloody hours there, 3.5 back
Just Back on 21:22 - Nov 19 with 5176 viewsHunterhoop

Having not been there, the one thing to deduce from this thread is that we're a much better side with Luongo on the pitch. Gradually people realising he's one of our best players, if not the best player.
Just Back on 21:49 - Nov 19 with 5035 viewsbaz_qpr

Just Back on 21:22 - Nov 19 by Hunterhoop

Having not been there, the one thing to deduce from this thread is that we're a much better side with Luongo on the pitch. Gradually people realising he's one of our best players, if not the best player.

He had an good game, moved the ball on quicker than usual. The reason we struggled after he went off is that second half he had been playing on the left wing, Shodipo came on, switched with cherry, did not really do his defensive duties bar one chase back and vital tackle, so we then had 4-4-2 with two out and out wingers. To his credit Chery worked his socks off not just going forward but defensively too and Shodipo did not apply himself in the same way that Chery and Luongo had been in chasing back and pressing. He's a kid and hopefully will improve on this
Just Back on 22:07 - Nov 19 with 4950 viewsRoller

I thought that the way we effortlessly changed between formations was outstanding. starting with 3 at the back before pushing Hall up into midfield in the first half. Then playing a 4-3-3 at times in the second half - not bad for a tactically inept manager in a week!

Great to play with the hand break off.
Just Back on 22:15 - Nov 19 with 4897 viewsTrom

Just Back on 21:00 - Nov 19 by HordleHoop

I respect your opinion but I thought Cousins had a really poor game. Sure he's just lacking a bit of confidence. He'll come good I hope.
Problems started with Shodipo swap for Luongo. We lost our midfield shape and definitely panicked after their goal.
CW was a positive. Looked sharp.
Norwich didn't look
Like they were playing for their manager for most of the game. They were poor. Different team after the goal. I was relieved to hear final whistle after we dominated for so long.
Bloody M3 being shut is a nightmare!!! 4 bloody hours there, 3.5 back

I agree with you

Don't think Cousins is a bad payer but he gave possession away time and time again. Looked a little low on confidence.
Just Back on 04:54 - Nov 20 with 4414 viewsBarley

Just Back on 19:14 - Nov 19 by paulparker

Just back
Cmon u rrrrssssss

Sign that 4 year old up for the U 5's. Gotta start 'em young.
Just Back on 07:57 - Nov 20 with 4259 viewsBlackCrowe

Just Back on 22:15 - Nov 19 by Trom

I agree with you

Don't think Cousins is a bad payer but he gave possession away time and time again. Looked a little low on confidence.

We've got a couple of prize bellends in East Paddock who were slating Cousins ('Ollie get 'im outta this club FFS' etc etc)
Karl Henry, sat behind the the duggout with the other Rangers squad, replied to him - 'why don't you just support the club and our players instead'. Well played Henry!

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Just Back on 08:02 - Nov 20 with 4251 viewsnix

I agree with Ollie, that for parts of the second half we withdrew so deep our players were practically in the Ellerslie Road. I wonder if Hasselbaink drilled that into them so much we reverted to type. Robinson pushed them back in the first half with his attacking intent. In the second half they were much freer to run at us down that flank, which made them more dangerous. I don't really ever remember us being great at that soak up the pressure, kill the game kind of tactics. When we're going forward with attacking intent, which bizarrely even Grant Hall contributed to in the first half, we looked much better than when we tried to sit back. And Ollie was also going nuts about us not coming out with any pace when the ball came out from our penalty area. We just seemed to want to let them bang it back in. The positives were that we definitely started with a game plan that everyone seemed to understand. They had clearly been practising running down the channels, which we were doing a lot in the first half and which paid off with Polter's goal. And scratching heads with others about our fitness. How can we look more knackered than a team playing with ten men (Washington excluded, he ran his heart out til the end and is probably still running). Their goalie had a good game and kept them in it with a couple of fine saves and running out to snuff a couple of promising attacks. All in all though, a more positive performance, with signs that we are going to get better use of the talent in our squad. Also liked the fact that Ollie and Bircham were constantly giving the players specific instructions all the way through the match. It looks like someone is finally minding the stall.
Just Back on 09:01 - Nov 20 with 4130 viewsDorse

Just Back on 07:57 - Nov 20 by BlackCrowe

We've got a couple of prize bellends in East Paddock who were slating Cousins ('Ollie get 'im outta this club FFS' etc etc)
Karl Henry, sat behind the the duggout with the other Rangers squad, replied to him - 'why don't you just support the club and our players instead'. Well played Henry!

I bet they were fairly surprised to get that sort of response. They'll be embellishing that story as we speak: ' And he said we should support the team but, like, we said, get this, yeah? Well you can just jog on, right, and then he flicks us the v's and then, like, we just all piled in and gave him a fcuking kicking and it was only coz the filth used a police horse to escort us back to our seats that the whole place didn't get torched. And he sent us an apology. With fcuking flowers. What a sigh'.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024