Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goaline technology 09:42 - Feb 6 with 3954 viewsonlyrinmoray

Its affected us twice and I'm sure many other supporters of other non Premier clubs as well. Why cant the football league introduce this to their leagues To bring their clubs into line with the Premiership ?
I see IH said it costs £100 000 to introduce to every ground. If the EFL subsidised it possibly by 50% (leagues 1 and 2) and 25% Championship and brought it in gradually eg. over 5 years to all Championship and Leagues 1&2
We ve got Championship clubs buying players for over 10 million I cant believe £75 000 is going to cause them problems
Also weve got teams coming down from the Premiership ie Norwich Newcastle who have got the technology, paid for it (or given it ) and now cant use it ???
The Club should raise this with the EFL
Goaline technology on 11:22 - Feb 6 with 3174 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not that I agree but the rationale I believe is that if you can't implement it everywhere you won't do it at all. For the Newports and Barnets it would be a lot of dough still. I'm not sure where he got £100k from. Doesn't sound like a lot.

I agree though for the really marginal calls it should be in place by now. For stuff like Saturday's, it was sheer unforgivable incompetence from a linesman not doing his job. Given our run-in, that six point swing could be worth millions to us, not to mention half a dozen other clubs that would have benefitted from a 0-1 or 1-1 rather than 1-0.
Goaline technology on 12:13 - Feb 6 with 3120 viewsOldPedro

I understand that it may be too expensive for some clubs in League 1 & 2 but it should be standard for the Championship.

Saturdays incident was so far over the line that the officials should have seen it anyway but anything which helps them get decisions right with minimal impact on the flow of the game surely has to be introduced, in a league where the amount of money being spent continues to increase substancially each season.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Goaline technology on 12:32 - Feb 6 with 3080 viewsBoston

Hate the idea, but if the officials miss what everyone else in the stadium sees and the outcome costs a team untold amounts of dough, so be it.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Goaline technology on 13:04 - Feb 6 with 3022 viewsVish

Goaline technology on 12:13 - Feb 6 by OldPedro

I understand that it may be too expensive for some clubs in League 1 & 2 but it should be standard for the Championship.

Saturdays incident was so far over the line that the officials should have seen it anyway but anything which helps them get decisions right with minimal impact on the flow of the game surely has to be introduced, in a league where the amount of money being spent continues to increase substancially each season.

should be standard in the championship.

imagine it happening in a play-off.
Goaline technology on 13:05 - Feb 6 with 3018 viewsdaveB

should be straightforward, the FA pay for every football league club to have it and show the world how easy it is.

Then if you get promoted to the Prem and get the mad tv money then you pay the 100k back to the FA
Goaline technology on 14:01 - Feb 7 with 2864 viewsPinnerPaul

Looking at internet there isn't a definitive cost, however most estimates are £250K to install per club plus there will be per match cost,plus maintenance, repair etc.

Think IH's "estimate/guess' is far too low.
Goaline technology on 14:35 - Feb 7 with 2831 viewsLongsufferingR

So what happened to our tech system when we got relegated? Do we pay all that money to get it installed and then dismantle it and keep it in the trophy cabinet (ie where there's most space) until we go up again? Or is it in effect rented and has to be handed back to the FA for use somewhere else?
Goaline technology on 16:03 - Feb 7 with 2785 viewsPinnerPaul

Goaline technology on 14:35 - Feb 7 by LongsufferingR

So what happened to our tech system when we got relegated? Do we pay all that money to get it installed and then dismantle it and keep it in the trophy cabinet (ie where there's most space) until we go up again? Or is it in effect rented and has to be handed back to the FA for use somewhere else?

Good question, presume it went to one of the promoted teams?
Login to get fewer ads

Goaline technology on 16:08 - Feb 7 with 2772 viewsHarbour

Goaline technology on 14:35 - Feb 7 by LongsufferingR

Or cheaper still send every ref and Lino to spec savers for weekly eye test
Goaline technology on 16:34 - Feb 7 with 2729 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is great at a intellectual level, but at an emotional one I quite like being fvcked over because it lessens the blow of supporting a side that isn't very good by giving me a false sense of victimhood.
Goaline technology on 16:41 - Feb 7 with 2710 viewsTacticalR

Goaline technology on 16:34 - Feb 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

This is great at a intellectual level, but at an emotional one I quite like being fvcked over because it lessens the blow of supporting a side that isn't very good by giving me a false sense of victimhood.

The system comes with a Victimhood Moduleâ„¢ that can be enabled to disallow goals that go over the line.

Air hostess clique

Goaline technology on 16:58 - Feb 7 with 2686 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Goaline technology on 16:41 - Feb 7 by TacticalR

The system comes with a Victimhood Moduleâ„¢ that can be enabled to disallow goals that go over the line.

I wonder what Stuart Attwell's consultancy fee was for that!
Goaline technology on 18:07 - Feb 7 with 2650 viewsonlyrinmoray

OK so Olly was out with the £100 000 figure its £250 k. I still think this is a small figure (a Gladwin) How much does underground heating cost ? The leagues should pay significantly for the cost not the clubs. And look whos making money out of goal line technology.... see below taken from Wiki

World governing body FIFA are set to make £300,000 from the Premier League’s decision to install goal-line technology in all top-flight stadiums before the start of next season. Each of the 20 clubs will have to pay FIFA £15,000 to install, test and receive the ‘FIFA quality seal’ for Hawk-Eye’s camera-based system, which is expected to cost around £250,000 per ground in total. FIFA will also make an extra £15,000 from Wembley Stadium, which will have the technology installed for use in events such as the FA Cup semi-finals and final.
Goaline technology on 19:05 - Feb 7 with 2601 viewsNW5Hoop

People always go on about the Clint "goal" as an example of We Wuz Robbed. Conveniently forgetting the fact that we shouldn't have had a corner in the first place. Watch again. We weren't robbed at all.
Goaline technology on 09:00 - Feb 8 with 2484 viewsPinnerPaul

Goaline technology on 18:07 - Feb 7 by onlyrinmoray

OK so Olly was out with the £100 000 figure its £250 k. I still think this is a small figure (a Gladwin) How much does underground heating cost ? The leagues should pay significantly for the cost not the clubs. And look whos making money out of goal line technology.... see below taken from Wiki

World governing body FIFA are set to make £300,000 from the Premier League’s decision to install goal-line technology in all top-flight stadiums before the start of next season. Each of the 20 clubs will have to pay FIFA £15,000 to install, test and receive the ‘FIFA quality seal’ for Hawk-Eye’s camera-based system, which is expected to cost around £250,000 per ground in total. FIFA will also make an extra £15,000 from Wembley Stadium, which will have the technology installed for use in events such as the FA Cup semi-finals and final.

Trouble is EFL is essentially the same competition, so that's 72 x £250,000 = £18M plus there are matchday costs and on going costs as well.
Goaline technology on 09:09 - Feb 8 with 2474 viewsPommyhoop

Goaline technology on 19:05 - Feb 7 by NW5Hoop

People always go on about the Clint "goal" as an example of We Wuz Robbed. Conveniently forgetting the fact that we shouldn't have had a corner in the first place. Watch again. We weren't robbed at all.

Do they use GT for if the ball goes over for a corner? I dont think they do..
Can anyone remember when we have benifited when the ball was over and called no goal
like Blackburn did? Serious question..
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 9:11]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Goaline technology on 09:40 - Feb 8 with 2453 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Goaline technology on 09:09 - Feb 8 by Pommyhoop

Do they use GT for if the ball goes over for a corner? I dont think they do..
Can anyone remember when we have benifited when the ball was over and called no goal
like Blackburn did? Serious question..
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 9:11]

Apart from Jamie Pollock, I can't ever remember when an individual fvck up from a opposition or ref has ever gone our way.
Goaline technology on 09:47 - Feb 8 with 2446 viewsPinnerPaul

Goaline technology on 09:40 - Feb 8 by BazzaInTheLoft

Apart from Jamie Pollock, I can't ever remember when an individual fvck up from a opposition or ref has ever gone our way.

Come on Baz, doesn't a certain day at Wembley spring to mind!!!
Goaline technology on 09:50 - Feb 8 with 2445 viewsPommyhoop

Same..
F'ck it I want the lot ..Everything top class Rugby League has got I want for top class football.
Including a hooter at 90 minns It cant be hard to stop the big clock when the refs whistle goes off and start it again when he blows to start..p
People say there would be too many hold ups..I say bollox how much of a hold up is there when your Chelsea's and your Man UTDs crowd the ref .
Strict reffing like league .. Video play backs ..reversing free kicks if they dont stand back intime
Bring it on I say ..It needs sorting things like Cantona's goal .the blackburn and WBA goals and Lampards world cup goal really piss me off...
It would take a few years but I recon it would be worth it in the end...
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 10:05]

Goaline technology on 10:27 - Feb 8 with 2396 viewsonlyrinmoray

Good point by LongsufferingR further up QPR must have paid for the system when we went up last time in 14/15
Ive been doing some further digging, as this really pisses me off ,the unfairness of it where Premiership clubs get every help and yet again the smaller clubs lose out

"Figures obtained by Goal.com reveal that the February shareholders' meeting was told that the system would cost each club £85,000 per season plus a one-off installation cost per stadium of £30-50,000.

Hawkeye is now set to be installed in stadiums over the summer, and will be used for the first time at the Community Shield

Over the course of the five-year contract that is expected to be signed in the next few weeks, this would have amounted to £475,000 per club, which supplemented by Wembley leads to a combined total of £9.975m. This would be topped up by further stadium costs depending upon the clubs that get promoted in the coming years. "....Rangers must have already paid the one off £30-50k installation cost
The Club should be taking this further. No all EFL clubs should be taking it further At least starting with the Championship Clubs.
Goaline technology on 11:20 - Feb 8 with 2371 viewsLongsufferingR

Marcus Bean v Gillingham. Bit of a struggle to think of many others.
Goaline technology on 11:57 - Feb 8 with 2327 viewsAntti_Heinola

Goaline technology on 19:05 - Feb 7 by NW5Hoop

You could do that for every decision ever taken then. 'That was never a pen!', yeah, but that wasn't a foul 30 seconds earlier, and before that it was offside when it shouldn't have been.
It's hardly the same thing. Give away a corner you have a chance of defending it.

Bare bones.

Goaline technology on 12:27 - Feb 8 with 2307 viewsPinnerPaul

Goaline technology on 11:57 - Feb 8 by Antti_Heinola

You could do that for every decision ever taken then. 'That was never a pen!', yeah, but that wasn't a foul 30 seconds earlier, and before that it was offside when it shouldn't have been.
It's hardly the same thing. Give away a corner you have a chance of defending it.

and that's the point AH,

bring in video technology, and the list of incidents you want reviewed will grow and grow.

Also your valid argument never seems to make much difference to football managers - see Paul Clement last weekend!

Its not as easy as everyone thinks. Trials are on going, there is footage on You Tube.

Penalty (eventually) given took 4 1/2 minutes from original incident to goal being scored after ref had reviewed the incident.
Goaline technology on 12:33 - Feb 8 with 2301 viewsPommyhoop

Goaline technology on 12:27 - Feb 8 by PinnerPaul

and that's the point AH,

bring in video technology, and the list of incidents you want reviewed will grow and grow.

Also your valid argument never seems to make much difference to football managers - see Paul Clement last weekend!

Its not as easy as everyone thinks. Trials are on going, there is footage on You Tube.

Penalty (eventually) given took 4 1/2 minutes from original incident to goal being scored after ref had reviewed the incident.

The refs and rules need to be more strict. If the culture of the players need to change then do that too. I dont know what penalty you are talking about that took 4 1/2 mins but if you stop the clock as per RL and go for a video playback I bet it would'nt take that long. If it did there's no bother because the big clock has stopped and will start again when play resumes.

Goaline technology on 12:59 - Feb 8 with 2276 viewsDannyPaddox

Clive Allen's rocket for Palace (v Coventry? early 80s). Screamed into the goal, hit the back stanchion so hard it pinged back out again. Ref never gave it In fact he shouted: "REBOUNDS!" and waved play on. Not directly related to the Rs but made me happy in a 'what the fcuk you doing playing for those muppets Clive!?' sort of way.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2017 13:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024