Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drinking by yourself at home 18:30 - May 13 with 6871 viewsqprxtc

Is it socially unacceptable?
Drinking by yourself at home on 18:54 - May 13 with 3927 viewsToast_R

No. Times when i get the opportunity are very few now that ive a 2 year old son but when the opportunity presents itself, I quite enjoy my own company.
Drinking by yourself at home on 19:21 - May 13 with 3890 viewsizlingtonhoop

Oxymoron.

It's not social, so it can't be.

Cheers
Drinking by yourself at home on 19:35 - May 13 with 3869 viewsqprxtc

Drinking by yourself at home on 19:21 - May 13 by izlingtonhoop

Oxymoron.

It's not social, so it can't be.

Cheers

Who you calling a poxy moron? 😄
Drinking by yourself at home on 19:37 - May 13 with 3865 viewsFredManRave

It's universally accepted within my social group that it's best for everybody if I drink by myself at home.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Drinking by yourself at home on 19:45 - May 13 with 3846 viewsjohncharles

Drinking by yourself at home on 19:37 - May 13 by FredManRave

It's universally accepted within my social group that it's best for everybody if I drink by myself at home.

Have you tried buying a round ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Drinking by yourself at home on 20:59 - May 13 with 3754 viewsqprxtc

If you get too drunk and have an argument with yourself, can I bar myself from my own home?

The Greek philopshers never had to contend with this sh1t.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 21:00]
Drinking by yourself at home on 22:44 - May 13 with 3656 viewshubble

Even better with a spliff mate.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Drinking by yourself at home on 22:45 - May 13 with 3654 viewswelwynranger

Drinking by yourself at home on 20:59 - May 13 by qprxtc

If you get too drunk and have an argument with yourself, can I bar myself from my own home?

The Greek philopshers never had to contend with this sh1t.
[Post edited 13 May 2017 21:00]

I drink therefore I am
Login to get fewer ads

Drinking by yourself at home on 23:39 - May 13 with 3596 viewsqprxtc

Drinking by yourself at home on 22:45 - May 13 by welwynranger

I drink therefore I am

I drink therefore I fart
Drinking by yourself at home on 23:48 - May 13 with 3587 viewsLblock

I have been known to book a table for one in my front room and get comfortably numb on a bottle of Vino Collapso

Nowadays an excuse like watching the football helps cover necking cans of Guinness or a bottle of Malbec

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Drinking by yourself at home on 00:53 - May 14 with 3524 viewsFredManRave

Drinking by yourself at home on 23:39 - May 13 by qprxtc

I drink therefore I fart

Or in Fernandes' case, I drink and then I tweet.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Drinking by yourself at home on 11:26 - May 15 with 3183 viewsKonk

If you’re sat in your pants with no top on, and Homes under the hammer on the telly, then it’s not okay. If you’re wearing a top, it’s after 4pm and you’re listening to music, then that’s fine as long as you’re not drinking absinthe, Jaeger bombs or White Lightning.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Drinking by yourself at home on 12:09 - May 15 with 3123 viewsjohncharles

Drinking by yourself at home on 11:26 - May 15 by Konk

If you’re sat in your pants with no top on, and Homes under the hammer on the telly, then it’s not okay. If you’re wearing a top, it’s after 4pm and you’re listening to music, then that’s fine as long as you’re not drinking absinthe, Jaeger bombs or White Lightning.

Absinthe, Jaeger bombs and White Lighting. A fearsome combination Konk

Strong and stable my arse.

Drinking by yourself at home on 14:47 - May 15 with 2986 viewslondonscottish

Drinking by yourself at home on 19:37 - May 13 by FredManRave

LOL

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:08 - May 15 with 2963 viewsKonk

Drinking by yourself at home on 12:09 - May 15 by johncharles

Absinthe, Jaeger bombs and White Lighting. A fearsome combination Konk

I once took a new starter out to the pub for lunch on his first day and asked he what he wanted to drink, and was slightly surprised when he asked for a Turbo shandy — mainly because I had no idea what one was. It’s not really the sort of sensible impression I’d look to be making on my first day at work. He had four of them. A few weeks in and he was obviously feeling a bit more comfortable because whilst the rest of us were taking it steady with a 2-3 pints, he'd moved onto Turbo shandies with Sambuca chasers. I think he was having flashbacks from Magaluf. Lovely lad, though; hard worker in the morning, bit of a loose cannon in the afternoon. Supported Southend.

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:09 - May 15 with 2960 viewshopphoops

Drinking by yourself at home on 11:26 - May 15 by Konk

What if the house is surprisingly affordable or near somewhere you've been, can't you at least finish the tin while you find out how much they make on it?

Is it a criiime?

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:24 - May 15 with 2945 viewsKonk

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:09 - May 15 by hopphoops

What if the house is surprisingly affordable or near somewhere you've been, can't you at least finish the tin while you find out how much they make on it?

Is it a criiime?

They're all ex-council flats in Telford. Or terraced houses in Merthyr. If you’re watching it on Catch-up, then you can have a drink without needing to feel self-conscious, but I have always maintained that if you’re indoors and not wearing a top, then you shouldn’t be on the pop. So, if you must have a large glass of wine whilst watching property programmes at 10 in the morning, for God’s sake put a vest on or something. I don’t mind no trousers/shorts as long as you’ve got pants on, but you need to be wearing a top. And no drinking in bed. I got home once and my best mate was lying in his bed watching Rambo First Blood, cradling a warm slab of Red Stripe, and working his way through a Walkers Multipack and a whole Swiss Roll. That’s not acceptable either. Also, drinking from the bottle in a no-no. And if you’re drinking and doing karaoke on your own, that’s not right either. I should be a life coach/counsellor.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 15:28]

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:29 - May 15 with 2931 viewsFDC

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:24 - May 15 by Konk

They're all ex-council flats in Telford. Or terraced houses in Merthyr. If you’re watching it on Catch-up, then you can have a drink without needing to feel self-conscious, but I have always maintained that if you’re indoors and not wearing a top, then you shouldn’t be on the pop. So, if you must have a large glass of wine whilst watching property programmes at 10 in the morning, for God’s sake put a vest on or something. I don’t mind no trousers/shorts as long as you’ve got pants on, but you need to be wearing a top. And no drinking in bed. I got home once and my best mate was lying in his bed watching Rambo First Blood, cradling a warm slab of Red Stripe, and working his way through a Walkers Multipack and a whole Swiss Roll. That’s not acceptable either. Also, drinking from the bottle in a no-no. And if you’re drinking and doing karaoke on your own, that’s not right either. I should be a life coach/counsellor.
[Post edited 15 May 2017 15:28]

Actually there is a loop hole when it comes to drinking in bed. It is acceptable so long as it's red wine and you also have cheese.
Drinking by yourself at home on 15:34 - May 15 with 2914 viewsBoston

Judging from hundreds / thousands of the posts I've read on Rangers message boards over the years, I'd say that drinking at home has gone beyond any questioning of acceptability.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:35 - May 15 with 2908 viewsKonk

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:29 - May 15 by FDC

Actually there is a loop hole when it comes to drinking in bed. It is acceptable so long as it's red wine and you also have cheese.

You can drink in bed when you’re on holiday and your young child is asleep in a travel cot, tucked out of sight round the corner from the bed, out by the bathroom. And that’s it. Otherwise you should be in a bar or sat on your sofa. My wife and I have had some great Premier Inn evenings over the past couple of years — her, fully dressed in the bath with a bottle of red, me sat on the khazi or bathroom floor with a bottle of beer, talking in whispers with the extractor fan buzzing away…good times.

Drinking by yourself at home on 17:40 - May 15 with 2827 viewsizlingtonhoop

Drinking by yourself at home on 15:08 - May 15 by Konk

I once took a new starter out to the pub for lunch on his first day and asked he what he wanted to drink, and was slightly surprised when he asked for a Turbo shandy — mainly because I had no idea what one was. It’s not really the sort of sensible impression I’d look to be making on my first day at work. He had four of them. A few weeks in and he was obviously feeling a bit more comfortable because whilst the rest of us were taking it steady with a 2-3 pints, he'd moved onto Turbo shandies with Sambuca chasers. I think he was having flashbacks from Magaluf. Lovely lad, though; hard worker in the morning, bit of a loose cannon in the afternoon. Supported Southend.

bit of a loose cannon in the afternoon

genuine lol there
Drinking by yourself at home on 17:45 - May 15 with 2822 viewsbosh67

I live with my cat. He doesn't drink alcohol. Therefore there is only me to drink it in my house. It would be rude not to.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Drinking by yourself at home on 17:47 - May 15 with 2820 viewsKonk

Drinking by yourself at home on 17:45 - May 15 by bosh67

I live with my cat. He doesn't drink alcohol. Therefore there is only me to drink it in my house. It would be rude not to.

Is your cat a Muslim?

Drinking by yourself at home on 18:00 - May 15 with 2787 viewsBrightonhoop

Drinking by yourself at home on 17:47 - May 15 by Konk

Is your cat a Muslim?

Konk, if your Butler is serving the drinks, then surely technically you are not alone....
Drinking by yourself at home on 18:45 - May 15 with 2739 viewsHayesender

I was hoping someone would ask, but alas no so here goes.

What's a turbo shandy?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024