Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diane Abbott 01:24 - Jul 21 with 3878 viewsNov77

Answers another question about numbers.

"Police people"???

[Post edited 21 Jul 2017 1:26]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Diane Abbott on 05:43 - Jul 21 with 2893 viewsDixie_CT

Racist, misogynist and numberphobic.

Please can you say something about Boris to even it up?
Diane Abbott on 06:05 - Jul 21 with 2883 viewsjonno

How has this woman managed to get to the position she has attained? She would struggle to get a job in McDonalds.
Diane Abbott on 07:17 - Jul 21 with 2806 viewsDevonWhite

Well that's clearly nonsense, isn't it. I'm one of her constituents and she's a very good MP whose already massive share of the vote went up in the last election. She clearly struggles sometimes under the media spotlight but there's more to being a politician than that, funnily enough.
Diane Abbott on 07:49 - Jul 21 with 2762 viewsqpr1976

Diane Abbott on 07:17 - Jul 21 by DevonWhite

Well that's clearly nonsense, isn't it. I'm one of her constituents and she's a very good MP whose already massive share of the vote went up in the last election. She clearly struggles sometimes under the media spotlight but there's more to being a politician than that, funnily enough.

Not convinced by that. She managed just fine for all those years with Andrew Neal & Michael Portilo on the daily politics show. She was withdrawn from the election campaign for a reason.
There is no way restoring capital gains tax to previous levels will recoup that much.
But she is ideal to speak on behalf of a party who have such poor economic records the last 2 times they were in power. Late 70's when the EMF had to take over our countries economy because "Crisis ? What crisis ?"Callaghan didn't have a clue. And more recently when they took one of the most healthy economies an incoming new government inherited in '97 and managed to turn it into the worst we ever had by 2008. Not very 'Prudent' at all for Gordon Brown who promised to get rid of 'Boom or Bust' but only managed to get rid of Boom !

And I write the above with no political allegance, only despair.
Diane Abbott on 07:51 - Jul 21 with 2761 viewsLblock

Diane Abbott on 05:43 - Jul 21 by Dixie_CT

Yes I agree she is all three (or is it twenty eight?) of those.

She's in my opinion one of the biggest reasons comrade Jez isn't in number 10 at the moment so I would encourage her to stick it out, remain an MP for labour and do as many public appearances as possible

As for Boris.
Man's a bit of a knob isn't he? Plays the media very well though but underneath the mad barnet and affable posh git he is just a knob.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Diane Abbott on 08:22 - Jul 21 with 2697 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not watched the clip but is she still mentally unwell?

If her constituents rate her, surely that's the most important thing. She's clearly not the best in front of the camera, not helped probably by interviewers most likely trying to trip her up as it's easy hits and likes, and probably isn't a great Shadow Cabinet member, but then that's Labour's loss if so.
Diane Abbott on 08:27 - Jul 21 with 2688 viewscolinallcars

Diane Abbott on 07:49 - Jul 21 by qpr1976

Not convinced by that. She managed just fine for all those years with Andrew Neal & Michael Portilo on the daily politics show. She was withdrawn from the election campaign for a reason.
There is no way restoring capital gains tax to previous levels will recoup that much.
But she is ideal to speak on behalf of a party who have such poor economic records the last 2 times they were in power. Late 70's when the EMF had to take over our countries economy because "Crisis ? What crisis ?"Callaghan didn't have a clue. And more recently when they took one of the most healthy economies an incoming new government inherited in '97 and managed to turn it into the worst we ever had by 2008. Not very 'Prudent' at all for Gordon Brown who promised to get rid of 'Boom or Bust' but only managed to get rid of Boom !

You are not strictly correct about the 70s. The oil crisis had the economy on the floor during Ted Heath's tenure. Any government would have struggled. By the time Labour was voted out in 79 inflation and unemployment were falling.
The 2008 problems were due to international banking failures.
Diane Abbott on 08:39 - Jul 21 with 2665 viewsqpr1976

Diane Abbott on 08:27 - Jul 21 by colinallcars

You are not strictly correct about the 70s. The oil crisis had the economy on the floor during Ted Heath's tenure. Any government would have struggled. By the time Labour was voted out in 79 inflation and unemployment were falling.

On BOTH occasions our Economy was badly managed. Whoever by.

Having the EMF have to take over our countries finances is an embarrassment. Whatever Heath role prior Callaghan was awful.
And plenty of other countries escaped the 'global banking crisis' But Brown failed to notice, or save for a rainy day, or continue to be prudent. He just kept on borrowing. Any credit card holder knows that is not sustainable.

I'm not anti Labour, genuinely. There may be other considerations but history shows they have bad form economically.
Login to get fewer ads

Diane Abbott on 09:12 - Jul 21 with 2597 viewsichbinnaughty

I'VE GOT IT!!

She brokered the Arnautovic to West Ham deal didn't she?
Diane Abbott on 09:18 - Jul 21 with 2591 viewsNorthernr

Ooooh no, careful, that's bullying.
Diane Abbott on 09:18 - Jul 21 with 2588 viewsstowmarketrange

Diane Abbott on 08:39 - Jul 21 by qpr1976

Having the EMF have to take over our countries finances is an embarrassment. Whatever Heath role prior Callaghan was awful.
And plenty of other countries escaped the 'global banking crisis' But Brown failed to notice, or save for a rainy day, or continue to be prudent. He just kept on borrowing. Any credit card holder knows that is not sustainable.

I'm not anti Labour, genuinely. There may be other considerations but history shows they have bad form economically.

I think you'll find that it was the IMF,not the EMF.Easy to get a bit mixed up though.
Diane Abbott on 09:21 - Jul 21 with 2579 viewsMaggsinho

Diane Abbott on 09:18 - Jul 21 by stowmarketrange

I think you'll find that it was the IMF,not the EMF.Easy to get a bit mixed up though.

'Your finances are Unbelievable'
Diane Abbott on 09:28 - Jul 21 with 2563 viewscolinallcars

As long as it wasn't the EFL !
Diane Abbott on 09:30 - Jul 21 with 2559 viewsichbinnaughty

Diane Abbott on 09:28 - Jul 21 by colinallcars

As long as it wasn't the EFL !

Or the EDL.
Tommy Robinson reprezentin' UK finances in the Hague....
Diane Abbott on 09:44 - Jul 21 with 2529 viewsBrightonhoop

Diane Abbott on 08:27 - Jul 21 by colinallcars

Yes but no but...stop talking sense, it doesn't fit the narrative.

You know when Vesuvias went off? That was down to poor economic management by Labour.

And when the Tories introduced all seater stadiums for football, little kittens every where stopped dying.
Diane Abbott on 09:50 - Jul 21 with 2500 viewsjohncharles

Diane Abbott on 05:43 - Jul 21 by Dixie_CT

Down arrowhead by mistake.

How about David Davis. He has yet to come up with any figures at all for the Brexit negotiations

Strong and stable my arse.

Diane Abbott on 11:57 - Jul 21 with 2349 viewsTacticalR

Diane Abbott on 07:49 - Jul 21 by qpr1976

I hate to think what you might write if you did have a political allegiance.

Just to be clear: depressions, financial crises and unemployment are nothing to do with capitalism but are caused by the Labour Party.

Air hostess clique

Diane Abbott on 12:00 - Jul 21 with 2339 viewsoddball

Diane Abbott on 07:17 - Jul 21 by DevonWhite

my days, politican you say.she know's all about being a politican alright riding round london in taxis at the taxpayers expense.bet she doesn't have a problem with figures when it comes to the salary that it steals every year.know's to the penny what the racist t wat earns.
Diane Abbott on 12:40 - Jul 21 with 2268 viewsqpr1976

Correct, sorry, finger trouble on iphone. Thanks.
Diane Abbott on 12:59 - Jul 21 with 2234 viewsrobith

Oh goodie, another Diane Abbott thread.

If any one needs me, I'll be in the pub
Diane Abbott on 13:28 - Jul 21 with 2178 viewsBrightonhoop

Diane Abbott on 12:00 - Jul 21 by oddball

my days, politican you say.she know's all about being a politican alright riding round london in taxis at the taxpayers expense.bet she doesn't have a problem with figures when it comes to the salary that it steals every year.know's to the penny what the racist t wat earns.

Black woman villified for 30 years by tory press and more recently on social media with death threats post Jo Cox, villified for using secure taxi transport late at night to get home safely.
Hmmm. ok.
Diane Abbott on 15:14 - Jul 21 with 2104 viewsrobith

Diane Abbott on 12:00 - Jul 21 by oddball

A quick google shows her salary is £74k which is the standard shadow cabinet salary. Though she does a lot of media work so she's probably got more on top of that.

Her expenses are here: http://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/627

Almost all of her expenses are on office costs (which are toppish at £20k vs £14K average MP) but overall she is below the average claim - her transport total is £208. I used to live in her consituency and an uber from central London to Stoke Newington costs around £25, black cab around £35-40 so your central point seems unfeasible.

Disclosure - she was my local MP for 8 years and she was bloody brilliant so I would disagree that she steals a living
Diane Abbott on 15:28 - Jul 21 with 2077 viewsstowmarketrange

Diane Abbott on 08:39 - Jul 21 by qpr1976

Interesting news from the BBC at lunchtime today that we are borrowing £2 billion more than last year as according to the treasury "there is no money left to pay the bills."
They will no doubt blame Labour too.Seven years of being squeezed dry has got us absolutely nowhere.
Diane Abbott on 15:37 - Jul 21 with 2064 viewsbob566

Diane Abbott on 15:28 - Jul 21 by stowmarketrange

Interesting news from the BBC at lunchtime today that we are borrowing £2 billion more than last year as according to the treasury "there is no money left to pay the bills."
They will no doubt blame Labour too.Seven years of being squeezed dry has got us absolutely nowhere.

in little over a years time when you leave Brexit you'll need to find another 3.5 or so billion to replace the common agricultural policy gains your farmers receive from the EU.

They were discussing brexit again on irish radio this morning.

tough times ahead for the UK. I reckon they'll be squeezing the hell out of the middle classes for the next decade at least.
Diane Abbott on 15:54 - Jul 21 with 2039 viewsDevonWhite

Diane Abbott on 15:14 - Jul 21 by robith

A quick google shows her salary is £74k which is the standard shadow cabinet salary. Though she does a lot of media work so she's probably got more on top of that.

Her expenses are here: http://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/mp/627

Almost all of her expenses are on office costs (which are toppish at £20k vs £14K average MP) but overall she is below the average claim - her transport total is £208. I used to live in her consituency and an uber from central London to Stoke Newington costs around £25, black cab around £35-40 so your central point seems unfeasible.

Disclosure - she was my local MP for 8 years and she was bloody brilliant so I would disagree that she steals a living

Steady on mate, don't let facts get in the way of his reasoned opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024