Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? 04:18 - Aug 6 with 9866 viewsDylanP

In your opinion, who is the greatest goalie of all time?

Obviously, the question is triggered by Smithie's rising stature and superb save today coupled with the fact that David Seaman was honoured at the game today.

So how would you answer?

For me its a really hard question. My favourite goalie of all time is Phil Parkes because he was the wizard between the sticks when I first fell in love with QPR. But we have been blessed with some great goalies through the years: Peter Hucker, Chris Woods, the ever entertaining Budgie, Paddy Kenny, and now Smithie, to name a few highlights.

At the end of the day, I think the answer must be David Seaman. After all, he earned 75 England caps (Parkes had 1) and played in 2 world cups and two European Championships for his country. It could be argued that Ron Sprigett should be part of the conversation -- after all he earned 33 caps for England and was part of the World Cup winning squad in 1966.

What do you think?

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 12:51 - Aug 7 with 1738 viewsBluce_Ree

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 21:11 - Aug 6 by Sidamere

Juergen Sommer would also be in the top 10. But for me it has to be Big Phil

Take out that game against Villa and he drops out of the top 20.

Fascinating opinions, you guys. But yeah, Rob Green 1st. After that it's a bunch of other guys in joint 2nd. King Green will be remembered at the greatest of all time.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 13:36 - Aug 7 with 1711 viewssimmo

In my lifetime the best keeper I have seen (and can properly remember) is probably Smithies, run very close by Stejskal.

Not much between Kenny, Camp and Day behind those 2, all were excellent for us at one point or another.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 14:01 - Aug 7 with 1692 viewsheadhoops

Too young for Allen or Springett so has to be

1 - Phil Parkes
2 - David Seaman
3 - Smithies
4 - Stays Cool.
5 - Simon Stainrod - sure he covered for 20 minutes back in the day?

No votes for Sieb Dijkstra?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 14:44 - Aug 7 with 1675 viewscolinallcars

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 14:01 - Aug 7 by headhoops

Too young for Allen or Springett so has to be

1 - Phil Parkes
2 - David Seaman
3 - Smithies
4 - Stays Cool.
5 - Simon Stainrod - sure he covered for 20 minutes back in the day?

No votes for Sieb Dijkstra?

I seem to remember Mike Leach taking over in goal in one match.
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 14:48 - Aug 7 with 1671 viewsfrancisbowles

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 14:44 - Aug 7 by colinallcars

I seem to remember Mike Leach taking over in goal in one match.

and David Webb away to Arsenal.
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 15:36 - Aug 7 with 1649 viewsCamberleyR

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 14:48 - Aug 7 by francisbowles

I read in WSC last month that when he played for the filth he actually played in goal from the start of a game once as Bonetti and all their other keepers were all injured/ill.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 17:27 - Aug 7 with 1616 viewshopphoops

... and Macca for Swindon. I don't remember him having to make a save against us, but the vid shows he made at least one tidy stop. Talk about parking the Airbus...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 18:19 - Aug 7 with 1604 viewsterryb

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 15:36 - Aug 7 by CamberleyR

I read in WSC last month that when he played for the filth he actually played in goal from the start of a game once as Bonetti and all their other keepers were all injured/ill.

Away to Ipswich, but I've no idea what the result or his performance was like!
Login to get fewer ads

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 20:07 - Aug 7 with 1571 viewsRoller

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 14:48 - Aug 7 by francisbowles

That was the first ever QPR match I went to.
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 22:02 - Aug 7 with 1548 viewslongbottom

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 20:07 - Aug 7 by Roller

That was the first ever QPR match I went to.

Seen 'em all from Ray Drink water to Smithies. For me it has to be Parksy, he was awesome for us. A close second would be Seamen but mention must also be given to Mike Kelly, a very brave keeper. Hucker and Stejskal weren't bad either were they.
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 08:46 - Aug 8 with 1510 viewsqprphil

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 10:15 - Aug 7 by colinallcars

We nearly always seem to have good keepers even lesser known ones like Ray Drinkwater and the amazing Mike Pinner who played as a part-timer amateur and was at many clubs and in two Olympic games for England.

I also remember Ray Drinkwater, was he after Allen, as I don't recall that name. Another name was Peter Springett, Ron's brother, but not a patch on Ron. The game is so different now, you can only judge them in their era.
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 15:17 - Aug 8 with 1471 viewscolinallcars

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 08:46 - Aug 8 by qprphil

I also remember Ray Drinkwater, was he after Allen, as I don't recall that name. Another name was Peter Springett, Ron's brother, but not a patch on Ron. The game is so different now, you can only judge them in their era.

Ron was in goal when I first attended as a child. Adults called him the rabbit as he had the capability to spectacularly leap from a standing start to reach shots which looked goalbound. We are lucky to have had so many fine keepers over the years. Not many clubs of our size can list such an array of keepers.
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 15:29 - Aug 8 with 1468 viewsoldranger

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 08:46 - Aug 8 by qprphil

Reg Allen was sold to Man. U. for a world record fee in 1949-50 of £11.000. We had quite a few keepers between Allen and Drinkwater. namely Harry Brown. Reg Saphin, Stan Gullen. Dave Underwood and Mike Pinner.
Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 13:37 - Aug 9 with 1404 viewsloftboy

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 13:36 - Aug 7 by simmo

In my lifetime the best keeper I have seen (and can properly remember) is probably Smithies, run very close by Stejskal.

Not much between Kenny, Camp and Day behind those 2, all were excellent for us at one point or another.

Big Jan is definitely my favourite QPR keeper, at the other end of the scale it's Nicky Johns

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 13:41 - Aug 9 with 1402 viewsbeanofire1

I'm voting for myself.

100 per cent penalty record. Faced 1, saved 1. At the School End and I have the whole match on dvd.

On a serious level, Parkes & Seaman are tied at the top, but, if Alex stays around a few years, he could well join them.

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 18:36 - Aug 9 with 1367 viewsBoston

Don't think I've seen one shout for Derek Richardson....racists.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Who is the Greatest QPR Goalie of All Time? on 23:28 - Aug 9 with 1348 viewsPunteR

I thought kenny was immense in the 10/11 season.
Smithies wouldn't even make my top ten..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024