Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robinson 21:47 - Sep 12 with 4308 viewsLblock

A walking disaster zone

Never part of 3 CB's

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Robinson on 00:09 - Sep 13 with 1074 viewsfrancisbowles

He will know he has been in a game. It was a difficult game for him, against a very experienced opponent who knows all the tricks and played very well.

I thought he didn't do too badly overall.
Robinson on 00:10 - Sep 13 with 1069 viewsNorthernr

Robinson on 23:37 - Sep 12 by stevec

Hmm, it was his reaction to over the top that nearly left us with nothing very much at all.

That nearly works.
Robinson on 00:42 - Sep 13 with 1019 viewsLazyFan

Robinson on 00:06 - Sep 13 by joolsyp

Decent prospect at this level struggling to find his form a little after a serious injury. A few heart in mouth moments tonight due to lack of match sharpness. Huge plus that he has got through 2x90 mins in 72 hours. Will get stronger and fitter as the season progresses and as someone else said, never shirks a challenge. A million miles from BAE, Chimbonda, Boswanker et. al. Please FFS don't get on his back - support him and help build his confidence.

But yes, prefer him at LB.

Was not at fault for the first, that was Freeman not tracking back in 1-2 situation. But he was at fault for the second as he did not track back on another 1-2.

First half he looked really bad. After the mistake for the second, when he was able to mark his man 1-1 then he started to get better.

LB playing out of position and it shows. However he's helping us out as we made a mistake in not signing a CB in the window.

I said at the start of the season we needed two CB. We signed one. If Ned is out for a game or two we are in big trouble.

Note to Clive:
Of course we could always do the annual resurrection of Clint Hill to save us. I wonder if we give him a season ticket when he's 60 in a few years, if we shall hear over the speaker system

"will a Mr Clint Hill report to the Club Secretaries office for player registration for tonight game as our two CB have just been injured on the warm up."

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Robinson on 03:54 - Sep 13 with 948 viewstimcocking

I presume the op meant Robinson had a bad game?

None of us has the knowledge to state whether he can or can't play centre back, because we've never seen him play.

The alternative, he's seriously being judged after two games in three years? Wow, i just can't wrap my head around such a way of thinking.
Robinson on 06:30 - Sep 13 with 907 viewseghamranger

If we had Ned, hall, Lynch or Caulker fit he wouldn't have played in that position... why has Clint just arrived in town... it's not to play up front, he will sign till Xmas and then we will see how the injurys are.

Don't knock the bloke constantly
Robinson on 08:19 - Sep 13 with 837 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Robinson on 06:30 - Sep 13 by eghamranger

If we had Ned, hall, Lynch or Caulker fit he wouldn't have played in that position... why has Clint just arrived in town... it's not to play up front, he will sign till Xmas and then we will see how the injurys are.

Don't knock the bloke constantly

Agree completely We all know he was played out of position last night as we had no choice. This was reflected in his movement for their second goal when he pressed instead of dropping off which would be correct at left-back as you press to stop the cross but not at centre-back as drop to mark the last man, but that's part of the learning process when you have to play someone in a new position.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Robinson on 08:34 - Sep 13 with 812 viewssevenhoop

couldn't disagree more. in a makeshift defence, when cohesion and understanding what you fellow cb's are doing (which clearly he has not had time to do yet), I thought he did a great job. I really think he's one for the future. Also thought Baptiste did well.

For me, our biggest issue last night was two players getting in Wzsolek's way. Baptiste in the first half played in his position for much of it, then Freeman second half.

but I am just loving the entertainment value. we wont go up, but at least we can be entertained and that for me is what it is all about
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 8:36]
Robinson on 09:29 - Sep 13 with 770 viewsbaz_qpr

Robinson on 08:34 - Sep 13 by sevenhoop

couldn't disagree more. in a makeshift defence, when cohesion and understanding what you fellow cb's are doing (which clearly he has not had time to do yet), I thought he did a great job. I really think he's one for the future. Also thought Baptiste did well.

For me, our biggest issue last night was two players getting in Wzsolek's way. Baptiste in the first half played in his position for much of it, then Freeman second half.

but I am just loving the entertainment value. we wont go up, but at least we can be entertained and that for me is what it is all about
[Post edited 13 Sep 2017 8:36]

This.

Out of all the players I would be calling out Robinson would not be one of them. Shocked to see Luongo get MOTM he was dire for 60 minutes, Freeman also had a poor game both guilty of taking too many touches and running into dead ends and we lost the midfield battle until the 2nd half. Washington was also very very poor and not up to the physical battle, Bidwell also struggled and Pavel also not the greatest game. But we fought back, I think Sylla and Smith made a real difference but 11 v 11 and we could have been on the end of a real tonking. Very Entertaining though
Login to get fewer ads

Robinson on 09:41 - Sep 13 with 749 viewsMick_S

Robinson on 22:32 - Sep 12 by VancouverHoop

Unfair to dig out any of the defenders tonight I think, especially second half. I really hope Ned isn't seriously injured, we'll be USCWAP if he is.

TFR mate.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Robinson on 09:47 - Sep 13 with 728 viewsrsonist

It's a little puzzling - makeshift is as makeshift does but Bidwell at least has some experience of playing centre back at youth level for Everton. Can only assume Ollie's seeing something in training.
Robinson on 10:12 - Sep 13 with 709 viewssmegma

The second goal apart, I thought he did well overall. If you look at the ratings you'll find the consensus is he wasn't the worse player on the pitch. I do like the referees ratings though !!!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024