Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 14:11 - Jan 6 with 23004 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 10:53 - Jan 7 with 3262 viewspioneer

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 10:08 - Jan 7 by macro

Isn’t it interesting that the posters who have done nothing but whinge, complain and slag the club off for he last weeks have been absent today.

This is not a whinge and as I wasnt at the game I cannot comment on the performance, but it was obviously a great result.

Our cup form has been outstanding this season, it has been our failure to transform that into league games that has been perplexing. That is the challenge we now face now as we have after all our pevious cup performances. For that reason I am not reading too much into this result for our league struggles just yet.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:01 - Jan 7 with 3232 viewsRobinHoodDale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 09:55 - Jan 7 by ColDale

Was there anyone not up in the air when Bunney's shot went whistling past the post? Must admit, it wasn't as close on the replays as I thought it was.

Sitting where I was, I had to be somewhat reserved I'm afraid !! However, I viewed it from Bunney's angle and couldn't help but manage a lower cheek shuffle during and after the shot as that was one of the sweetest half-volleys I've ever seen.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:42 - Jan 7 with 3142 viewsSunningDale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 09:14 - Jan 7 by NorthernDale

I must admit KH got the team right, when we heard the team we were shaking our heads, but the Dale well yesterday, with Cannon being the MoM for me with his attacking role and excellent defending. I must also give credit to McNulty who organised the defence, making sure people where in the right positions when defending. I will give credit to Andrews who I still is not good enough due to his lack of positioning, lack of goals, but yesterday he played very well he got into the right positions, he played sensibly and did not get pushed around. In fact all the team should get praise for the effort they put in.

However the team something the failed to do most of the season, they passed the ball on the ground and ran at the defences to open them up and got into their faces, crucially instead of over passing the ball, we got the ball into the box straight we does not defenders to get organised. The game plan was better then the long ball football we have been seeing most of this season, which is meat and drink for defences in this league. One criticism is that we had the chances to kill the game and failed to take them, which is a weakness that as cost us all season and is one reason we have drawn 10 games this season.

Hopefully we can play like that at Gillingham next week and get some points.

What have you got against Andrews, NorthernDales?

Poll: Should James1980 stop posting pointless polls that have been done to death?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:53 - Jan 7 with 3121 viewsNorthernDale

it is nothing personally against Calvin, I accept that he works hard, but he is to me a bog standard league 2 player. He is big and strong, but his goal scoring record is poor, instead of causing havoc running into the box to meet crosses he is either standing waiting for the ball to come to him or no where near the box, how many times to you see muscled off the ball by somebody half his size. That is the difference between a good striker and a poor striker, look at how for Dale strikers like Murray and O'Grady performed and how Calvin performs most games to see why I see as a league 2 striker.

As I said yesterday he up his act and created problems for Doncaster defence and I will give him credit for that, it is a pity that he does not do that every game.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:54 - Jan 7 with 3121 viewsNorthernDale

it is nothing personally against Calvin, I accept that he works hard, but he is to me a bog standard league 2 player. He is big and strong, but his goal scoring record is poor, instead of causing havoc running into the box to meet crosses he is either standing waiting for the ball to come to him or no where near the box, how many times to you see muscled off the ball by somebody half his size. That is the difference between a good striker and a poor striker, look at how former Dale strikers like Murray and O'Grady performed and how Calvin performs most games to see why I see as a league 2 striker.

As I said yesterday he up his act and created problems for Doncaster defence and I will give him credit for that, it is a pity that he does not do that every game.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 12:05 - Jan 7 with 3085 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:01 - Jan 7 by RobinHoodDale

Sitting where I was, I had to be somewhat reserved I'm afraid !! However, I viewed it from Bunney's angle and couldn't help but manage a lower cheek shuffle during and after the shot as that was one of the sweetest half-volleys I've ever seen.

Do you not like sitting with Dale fans, RHD?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 12:11 - Jan 7 with 3074 viewsboromat

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:53 - Jan 7 by NorthernDale

it is nothing personally against Calvin, I accept that he works hard, but he is to me a bog standard league 2 player. He is big and strong, but his goal scoring record is poor, instead of causing havoc running into the box to meet crosses he is either standing waiting for the ball to come to him or no where near the box, how many times to you see muscled off the ball by somebody half his size. That is the difference between a good striker and a poor striker, look at how for Dale strikers like Murray and O'Grady performed and how Calvin performs most games to see why I see as a league 2 striker.

I found Keith's post match interview interesting he basically said Andrews performance was incredible defensively and energetically and to get a goal is a bonus as that isn't his remit. Calvin is obviously doing everything he's told to do and he isn't in the team to primarily score goals.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 15:08]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 12:19 - Jan 7 with 3059 viewsaleanddale

Calvin MOM by some distance.

Big Jim after a scary opening 40 seconds and Andy Cannon pushed him close.

Hendo had a cracker of a game too.

4th round here we come.

Despite Having a dislike for Ferguson I enjoyed Donny. Great stadium / set up / stewards and the fans were great too both pre and post match. Several good luck next round shouts as we headed back to the car.

Dale fans backing for 90 mins was immense. If only that extra energy positive created could be replicated at Spotland!!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 13:21 - Jan 7 with 2990 viewsColDale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 12:19 - Jan 7 by aleanddale

Calvin MOM by some distance.

Big Jim after a scary opening 40 seconds and Andy Cannon pushed him close.

Hendo had a cracker of a game too.

4th round here we come.

Despite Having a dislike for Ferguson I enjoyed Donny. Great stadium / set up / stewards and the fans were great too both pre and post match. Several good luck next round shouts as we headed back to the car.

Dale fans backing for 90 mins was immense. If only that extra energy positive created could be replicated at Spotland!!

Hendo (as always) was everywhere. I reckon when they do all the match stats, he may well have run 2km more than anyone else in the side yesterday. its amazing that he has so many detractors.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 13:27 - Jan 7 with 2966 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 13:21 - Jan 7 by ColDale

Hendo (as always) was everywhere. I reckon when they do all the match stats, he may well have run 2km more than anyone else in the side yesterday. its amazing that he has so many detractors.

Think Hendo needs to have a word with Davies re fitness/mybodyisatempleism..,

Great result and battling performance. Premier League team away please
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 13:33 - Jan 7 with 2944 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 13:27 - Jan 7 by JimmyRustler

Happen Davies is trying to play the bigger man?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:07 - Jan 7 with 2883 viewsRAFCBLUE

Great result from all concerned and rightly taking the credit for a win.

From what I've read (and I wasn't there) it was like chalk and cheese from poor performances against Doncaster and Blackpool?

We now need to get one or two of those 1-0 wins into our league campaign and hopefully, the players who found their feet yesterday can continue to get better.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:08 - Jan 7 with 2882 viewsRAFCBLUE

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 13:27 - Jan 7 by JimmyRustler

Has there been word of what is wrong with Davies and how long he will be out for?
[Post edited 7 Jan 2018 14:09]

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:25 - Jan 7 with 2841 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:08 - Jan 7 by RAFCBLUE

Has there been word of what is wrong with Davies and how long he will be out for?

Someone mentioned a groin injury.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:41 - Jan 7 with 2819 viewsmikehunt

Did anyone else catch the BBC's comment on our game? Saying "cup upsets come in different flavours".

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:47 - Jan 7 with 2807 viewsIknoweverything

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:41 - Jan 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Do we know Donny's team yet......at least that Ben Whiteman who scored the opener last week would n't be playing,he's gone back to his parent Club.......

Does 'nt look like we're bothered?

Why don’t you attend games that take place in Yorkshire?

If you did, you might post 5% less drivel. Lets be honest, we would still have to suffer 95% drivel though.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 17:47 - Jan 7 with 2608 viewsnordenblue

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:42 - Jan 7 by SunningDale

Its relief for an upset stomach......
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:00 - Jan 7 with 2498 viewsDaleiLama

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:41 - Jan 7 by mikehunt

Did anyone else catch the BBC's comment on our game? Saying "cup upsets come in different flavours".

I hope Fergie jr. is enjoying his White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino then?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:04 - Jan 7 with 2483 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 13:21 - Jan 7 by ColDale

Only one on here

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:14 - Jan 7 with 2458 viewsonedalefan

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 11:42 - Jan 7 by SunningDale

Who is this player you commenting on. Calvin Andrew plays for us.
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:16 - Jan 7 with 2447 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:14 - Jan 7 by onedalefan

Who is this player you commenting on. Calvin Andrew plays for us.

That's sort of his point...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 21:05 - Jan 7 with 2372 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 14:08 - Jan 7 by RAFCBLUE

There's a whisper that KFC are bringing back the Double Down...who knows?
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 08:18 - Jan 8 with 2186 viewsRobinHoodDale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 12:05 - Jan 7 by TVOS1907

Do you not like sitting with Dale fans, RHD?

Of course I enjoy being with Dale fans. I simply like watching matches from near to the half-way line. Nothing more sinister I'm afraid !
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:23 - Jan 8 with 1964 viewsD_Dale

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:46 - Jan 6 by D_Dale

At least there'd be a chance of a draw and home replay ...

Away to Millwall or Brentford would be a grimmer prospect.

Oh bugg*r!
Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 21:02 - Jan 8 with 1884 viewsdingdangblue

Match thread: Doncaster FAC3 on 19:50 - Jan 6 by TVOS1907

I bet we don't draw Brentford.

What about the other one? 😮

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024