Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? 07:19 - Jan 21 with 8115 viewsBushRanger82

We're ever so 'umble, Mr. Copperfield. We knows our place, Mr. Copperfield. And that's with our trousers down, bent over a table, Vaseline at the ready, and just allow ourselves to enjoy being right royally farked by a team, that if it gets promoted, IF, will spend the majority of it's time just holding up the rest of the Premier League, whilst boring the absolute shit out of everybody, Mr. Copperfield.

Can I just remind everyone that before kick-off yesterday, there was only 8, yes only 8, points between ourselves and money bags Middlesbrough.
Not quite the gulf in class some would have us believe, is it?
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 08:43 - Jan 21 with 5986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Been on holiday for the last two weeks? I notIce you haven’t posted since our defeat v MK Dons.

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:23 - Jan 21 with 5795 viewsTacticalR

Is the problem the psychology of the club or the fans (humility/lack of ambition)?

Or is the problem that we are living with the wreckage of previously failed ambitions?

Air hostess clique

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:37 - Jan 21 with 5773 viewsBushRanger82

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 08:43 - Jan 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Been on holiday for the last two weeks? I notIce you haven’t posted since our defeat v MK Dons.

And your point is......what?

Only happy clappers need post on forums?

That we should just gobble up the sort of garbage we were fed yesterday, without question?
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:38 - Jan 21 with 5771 viewsBushRanger82

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:23 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Is the problem the psychology of the club or the fans (humility/lack of ambition)?

Or is the problem that we are living with the wreckage of previously failed ambitions?

Both, I'd say.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:42 - Jan 21 with 5749 viewsNorthernr

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:37 - Jan 21 by BushRanger82

That we should just gobble up the sort of garbage we were fed yesterday, without question?

Well that it seems bit weird to only ever post after defeats.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:59 - Jan 21 with 5711 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:37 - Jan 21 by BushRanger82

Post what and where you like mate, i'm not stopping you.

It takes a bit of a sad act to come out of the woodwork every we lose just to make a shitty QPR weekend worse for everyone else.

Unless you're goldfish, we've gobbled that shit up for years. Feel free to fvck off if QPR aren't up to your standard.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 12:08]
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:02 - Jan 21 with 5698 viewsBushRanger82

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:42 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Well that it seems bit weird to only ever post after defeats.

You think it's weird that I am critical after a defeat like that, yesterday?

Would it have been any less weird, had I posted criticism of our win at Burton?

News flash!..........After watching their team lose 3-0 at home, the manager employing tactics that make little or no sense at all, football fans tend to be somewhat critical of what they've witnessed, and I've been watching football, and QPR in particular, for over 40 years.

No different now, than it was in 1972.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:04 - Jan 21 with 5690 viewsNorthernr

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:02 - Jan 21 by BushRanger82

You think it's weird that I am critical after a defeat like that, yesterday?

Would it have been any less weird, had I posted criticism of our win at Burton?

News flash!..........After watching their team lose 3-0 at home, the manager employing tactics that make little or no sense at all, football fans tend to be somewhat critical of what they've witnessed, and I've been watching football, and QPR in particular, for over 40 years.

No different now, than it was in 1972.

No it's weird that there are QPR supporters, and you're one of them, who you only ever hear from online when there's a defeat. Never hear any positives or see any signs of enjoyment after a win. We've been in good form for most of Christmas, three wins, never hear from you. First defeat, back on spitting bile. It's like you relish us losing. It's weird.
Login to get fewer ads

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:08 - Jan 21 with 5684 viewsBushRanger82

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:59 - Jan 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

Post what and where you like mate, i'm not stopping you.

It takes a bit of a sad act to come out of the woodwork every we lose just to make a shitty QPR weekend worse for everyone else.

Unless you're goldfish, we've gobbled that shit up for years. Feel free to fvck off if QPR aren't up to your standard.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 12:08]

Why are people so twee, these days?

As for farting off, who the fark do you think you are, Flávio Briatore? 😆
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:13 - Jan 21 with 5664 viewsBushRanger82

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:04 - Jan 21 by Northernr

No it's weird that there are QPR supporters, and you're one of them, who you only ever hear from online when there's a defeat. Never hear any positives or see any signs of enjoyment after a win. We've been in good form for most of Christmas, three wins, never hear from you. First defeat, back on spitting bile. It's like you relish us losing. It's weird.

Oh, I see.

I promise to come on with a sugar and spice, all things nice post, next time we win.

Promise. 😜
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:26 - Jan 21 with 5614 viewsstevec

A number of what I see as connecting threads on here today. From pis sing in our bottles, the audacity of little Watford sacking their manager to this.

The apathy that met the end of yesterday's abortion of a performance is possibly more telling than what's going on out on the pitch.

I am heartily sick of this 'well we're only little QPR, what do you expect?' mindset that has become all the rage on here.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:37 - Jan 21 with 5590 viewsPunteR

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:26 - Jan 21 by stevec

A number of what I see as connecting threads on here today. From pis sing in our bottles, the audacity of little Watford sacking their manager to this.

The apathy that met the end of yesterday's abortion of a performance is possibly more telling than what's going on out on the pitch.

I am heartily sick of this 'well we're only little QPR, what do you expect?' mindset that has become all the rage on here.

Didnt Kingo post about Qblock still defiantly singing and backing the team yesterday.?

I think posters on here are trying to be realistic to our situation.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 12:38]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 13:01 - Jan 21 with 5533 viewsconnell10

The better team won I think most just except that!Just get over it mate!!!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 13:17]

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 13:13 - Jan 21 with 5506 viewsBushRanger82

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:26 - Jan 21 by stevec

Hear, hear.

And you're no less a QPR fan for it, either.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 13:18 - Jan 21 with 5482 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 13:01 - Jan 21 by connell10

The better team won I think most just except that!Just get over it mate!!!
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 13:17]

Accept not except. Get over it.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 13:33 - Jan 21 with 5455 viewsTHEBUSH

I was totally fed up after our defeat yesterday and I´ve been a QPR fan since the middle 50´s, born and bred in Shepherds Bush.

You´d think I´d be used to seeing us getting thrashed by now, but no the enthusiasm is still there.

Suppose what I´m saying is, no matter what, I´ll be a QPR fan forever, don´t care who the manager is or what players we have, if they are at QPR, I´ll give them my support.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 13:35]
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 14:09 - Jan 21 with 5380 viewsstevec

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:37 - Jan 21 by PunteR

Didnt Kingo post about Qblock still defiantly singing and backing the team yesterday.?

I think posters on here are trying to be realistic to our situation.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 12:38]

Absolutely, and I applaud that. Conversely, I'd also applaud any who were spitting blood over that performance yesterday.

And whilst you make a fair point about realism, that in itself can and I suspect has become an excuse to apathetically accept gradual decline and will undoubtedly feed into team performances.

Personally feel it's the duty of every supporter to expect more than we can deliver, that way the club has a much greater chance of making small steps forward.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 14:28 - Jan 21 with 5348 viewsPunteR

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 14:09 - Jan 21 by stevec

Absolutely, and I applaud that. Conversely, I'd also applaud any who were spitting blood over that performance yesterday.

And whilst you make a fair point about realism, that in itself can and I suspect has become an excuse to apathetically accept gradual decline and will undoubtedly feed into team performances.

Personally feel it's the duty of every supporter to expect more than we can deliver, that way the club has a much greater chance of making small steps forward.

I think we need to keep TF and co on their toes. Their negligence has put us in this downward spiral.
But i cant fault the players, and to the same degree i cant fault Holloway as he's only trying to do his best in very difficult circumstances.
Is it the duty of fans to expect more than we can deliver?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 14:29]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 17:12 - Jan 21 with 5226 viewsrobith

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:08 - Jan 21 by BushRanger82

Why are people so twee, these days?

As for farting off, who the fark do you think you are, Flávio Briatore? 😆

You don't know what twee means, do you?
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 19:50 - Jan 21 with 5092 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 12:13 - Jan 21 by BushRanger82

Oh, I see.

I promise to come on with a sugar and spice, all things nice post, next time we win.

Promise. 😜

What a pathetic response to being called out.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 19:55 - Jan 21 with 5082 viewsoldmisery

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 11:23 - Jan 21 by TacticalR

Or rather :-
Bacon is a good breakfast and also a good supper - Frances Hope.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 20:12 - Jan 21 with 5071 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 19:50 - Jan 21 by CroydonCaptJack

What a pathetic response to being called out.

I'm torn on this subject. Personally I don't get over excited by wins or over critical about defeats. I've been a QPR fan since mid 80s and seen lots of shit and some good. Gerry Francis used to bang on about consistency. Ian Holloway talks about it now. Our fanbase have always had a c**tish element. At least they're consistent. I quite like it.

*Edit sorry didn't mean to quote anyone. Could we move the quote/post buttons further apart?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:17]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 20:44 - Jan 21 with 5019 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 20:12 - Jan 21 by CliveWilsonSaid

I'm torn on this subject. Personally I don't get over excited by wins or over critical about defeats. I've been a QPR fan since mid 80s and seen lots of shit and some good. Gerry Francis used to bang on about consistency. Ian Holloway talks about it now. Our fanbase have always had a c**tish element. At least they're consistent. I quite like it.

*Edit sorry didn't mean to quote anyone. Could we move the quote/post buttons further apart?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 20:17]

That's ok, I am so rarely quoted I quite enjoyed it.
Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 20:49 - Jan 21 with 5012 viewsBoston

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 20:44 - Jan 21 by CroydonCaptJack

Quotes is it? I’ll go 48 grand for the extension....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 20:56 - Jan 21 with 5003 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Where did the Uriah Heeps amongst our fan base spring from? on 20:44 - Jan 21 by CroydonCaptJack

Twice in one day. You're a star!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024