Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. 19:05 - Feb 17 with 7170 viewsBrightonhoop

Surely safe now.

For the first time in a long time felt like we had a number of potential goal scorers out there today, just lacking a little confidence and finese. An amazing 10+ shots ON TARGET.
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 11:21 - Feb 19 with 1810 viewsisawqpratwcity

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 22:59 - Feb 18 by Northernr

No no "League One beckons with this manager" - come on we've been told often enough.

Yeah, Holloway starves his critics of oxygen at every turn...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 11:46 - Feb 19 with 1772 viewsWestbourneR

It's great to see us getting into a secure league position. We do seem to knock over the dustbins we need to knock over, which is a good habit.

I'd just like to see us look a bit fluent as unit in possession now.

Have to say Smyth stands out every time he plays.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 11:58 - Feb 19 with 1735 viewsLblock

I would hope, and certainly expect, that this "we're safe" attitude isn't spreading through the playing squad and Management - last season should be at the forefront of their minds.

Amazingly, I don't subscribe to the thinking that we are safe and I'll refuse to make that statement until the math are done and well and truly dusted. We've just put Bolton to the sword but ,in the cold light of day, we made slightly hard going of it; afterwards Ollie confirmed this was another of the must win games that we've won. He is keyed in that other must win games remain to be played.

I have a feeling in my water we're going on a little positive run - I'm thinking we are going to win tomorrow night and follow that up by putting Forest away next Saturday. Looking at who other teams below us are playing (some each other) then I do think this will give us a nice bit of breathing space. I said if we go into March near 12 points clear then we'd be on the run in with a bit of comfort......little bit to go now. I'd still say that the 12 point buffer (plus GD) is only any use if there's 4 or 5 games left to play.

I'm all for the tombola spinning faster if we make a safety level but that still needs to be done with an eye for winning games and most vitally getting pace in. I'd like to see BOS, Eze and Oteh / Smyth all featuring and showing us what they can do.

We move on..........

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 12:20 - Feb 19 with 1704 viewssimmo

Historically we're a team that had a good go in the games we probably wouldn't win and struggled against those close or below us, but since Burton away we've put that right with good 'must win' victories against Barnsley, Birmingham, Bolton and other teams beginning with B that we kept beneath us.

I don't want to do what we did last season where we got to 50 and then lost every game, but I am quietly confident we're clear of danger and it's good to see this team competitive in almost every game. More wins to come, barring another ridiculous load of injuries to our entire defence.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 12:56 - Feb 19 with 1629 viewsDavieQPR

This time last season we had 39pts and were 9pts clear and we all know what happened.
Not a time to be complacent.
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 12:58 - Feb 19 with 1625 viewssmegma

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 11:52 - Feb 18 by daveB

Gladwin was sold iN January months before that losing run. I don't think he played Doughty too often either.

Holloway changed the tactics round most games and tried out a few different players like Morison and Petresso but really we just had a run where we played teams like Derby, Villa, Sheff Wed, brentford and Brighton who were better than us and before we knew it we were in trouble

Don't let facts get in the way of a moan.
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 13:11 - Feb 19 with 1594 viewskingo

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 12:58 - Feb 19 by smegma

Don't let facts get in the way of a moan.

It wasn’t a moan, the opposite in fact. I was saying that I thought Olly got to 50 points and then started to experiment with different players. I hadn’t checked when Gladwin left but my point was he tried out fringe players, most of which Dave mentioned plus Goss. But as Dave also said we also had some tough fixtures, where maybe we should have had a steady starting 11. Every now and again adversity throws up a gem, as I think we have seen this season with Robinson in the centre and the fine early showings from Smythe, Eze, Oteh.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 13:12 - Feb 19 with 1589 viewssmegma

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 19:17 - Feb 17 by coolranger

Far from safe. In think we'll get sucked in to it.

I mean we still need eleven points minimum. Where from? Half our games are away from home, so that's 0.

At a guess I'd say half the games are at home
Login to get fewer ads

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 14:42 - Feb 19 with 1507 viewsSimonJames

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 12:56 - Feb 19 by DavieQPR

This time last season we had 39pts and were 9pts clear and we all know what happened.

No.
After 32 games last season we were 16th with 37 points - just 7 points clear of Wigan.
This time, in 15th place, we will have a 9-11 point buffer (over either Bolton, Hull or Barnsley).

100% of people who drink water will die.

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 14:56 - Feb 19 with 1486 viewsMytch_QPR

I didn't think and still don't that we'll go down.

As an aside, which teams do you reckon are going to finish in the bottom 3? - Burton fight on bravely but I just son't think they have the quality, I keep thinking Sunderland are going to finally get their act together, but time is running out. Hull are having a nightmare, despite Adkins being widely regarded as a safe pair of hands.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 14:57 - Feb 19 with 1485 viewsisawqpratwcity

Have a good look at the bottom of the league table. There are nine clubs below us, including six that have made it a season-long KPI to get a point a game or less. That was not the case last season.

Holloway would have to seriously stuff it up from here to put us in the relegation zone, which, as we all know, he is well capable of doing, but that would also have to be in conjunction with at least four of the six cellar-dwellers making some quite significant improvement.

By all means shun complacency and avoid trialling a radical 2-2-2-4 formation debuting the under 16s reinforced by Jude the Cat, the tea lady and Connor from the Shop, but take note that this is a much-worse-than-usual Championship with so many clubs circling the drain. We're in no danger of being mistaken for the 1970 Brazil team, but we're not going to get relegated.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 15:10 - Feb 19 with 1467 viewskensalriser

The form table is instructive. As I mentioned above, no team below has gained points on us over the last ten games. We'd have to perform as poorly as Burton have all season to have any serious chance of going down (on 52 points).
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 15:12]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:49 - Feb 19 with 1403 viewsterryb

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 14:56 - Feb 19 by Mytch_QPR

I didn't think and still don't that we'll go down.

As an aside, which teams do you reckon are going to finish in the bottom 3? - Burton fight on bravely but I just son't think they have the quality, I keep thinking Sunderland are going to finally get their act together, but time is running out. Hull are having a nightmare, despite Adkins being widely regarded as a safe pair of hands.

My guess would be Sunderland & Barnsley. The other spot depends on whether Burton can start converting draws to wins. If they do, Hull to join the other two.

The outside bet would be on Reading though. Ted may just be in favour of that option!
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 17:12 - Feb 19 with 1367 viewshopphoops

Based on my home-brewed algorithm (patent pending) and a comprehensive analysis of key words on this forum, I reckon we'll finish the season in fourth place.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 21:51 - Feb 19 with 1230 viewsPommyhoop

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 19:37 - Feb 17 by LongsufferingR

Only 13 points off 6th. Could still do this.

Ello Tone. How're things on twitter these days.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 13:05 - Feb 20 with 1087 viewsR_from_afar

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 17:12 - Feb 19 by hopphoops

Based on my home-brewed algorithm (patent pending) and a comprehensive analysis of key words on this forum, I reckon we'll finish the season in fourth place.

Nurse!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 13:26 - Feb 20 with 1042 viewsNorthernr

Yeh, we stayed up.
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 14:17 - Feb 20 with 1000 viewshopphoops

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 13:05 - Feb 20 by R_from_afar

Nurse!

RFA

This is what i predicted at the start of the season, and last year, and it worked (we stayed up).

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 15:51 - Feb 20 with 969 viewsqprphil

And we will start with 3pts tonight, so, 42pts tomorrow, and looking up instead of down.
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:28 - Feb 20 with 940 views2Thomas2Bowles

nm
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 16:29]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:33 - Feb 20 with 926 viewsSimonJames

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:28 - Feb 20 by 2Thomas2Bowles

nm
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 16:29]

New Mexico
Nautical Mile
Never Mind
Newton Metre
Not Meaningful
Nanometre
Nothing Much
New Moon
Nelson Mandela?

100% of people who drink water will die.

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:40 - Feb 20 with 913 views2Thomas2Bowles

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:33 - Feb 20 by SimonJames

New Mexico
Nautical Mile
Never Mind
Newton Metre
Not Meaningful
Nanometre
Nothing Much
New Moon
Nelson Mandela?

Nelly and Maybel in sins of my youth

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:40 - Feb 20 with 913 viewsPinnerPaul

39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 11:46 - Feb 19 by WestbourneR

It's great to see us getting into a secure league position. We do seem to knock over the dustbins we need to knock over, which is a good habit.

I'd just like to see us look a bit fluent as unit in possession now.

Have to say Smyth stands out every time he plays.

Every time West B?

He's only played 1 and a bit matches - you'll have Clive after you with talk like that! ;-)
39 points and 11 clear of 22nd. on 16:43 - Feb 20 with 905 viewsloftboy

Also tonight and Saturday there’s a few games where teams below us are playing each other, which means someone won’t be picking up points in these games.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024