Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does he stay or does he go now? 09:14 - Feb 25 with 11792 viewsRangersDave

I know, the last thing you want is another in or out thread, but I’m truly interested.

Ok, we know we are in the merde financially, and constraints on buying and selling are there for all to see, but........

Do we think that Ollie has now had his chance, and must be shown the door, as it’s plain he won’t go through it himself?

My opinion is that , although I love him to bits, the time is ‘almost’ upon us. I say almost as i’d Like him to stay until we are assured , mathematically, of staying up, then go. Leaving, hopefully 5-6 matches for a new sucker, sorry, manager to see what he has to work with, and what he might need for next season.

Who would replace Ollie? I’d pick one guy from a list of the top 3 managers from all the leagues below and that way there is a chance we pick a hungry one, one with nouse, intelligence and ability.

I think, sadly that Ollie is way out of his depth, and has been since arrival back.
I’d get rid of the coaches too. As they don’t seem to be up to much.

Yup, almost a nuclear option but one we have to consider unless by some miracle Shteeeeeve comes back to Rangers.

Thoughts guys?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:12 - Feb 25 with 2426 viewsNorthernr

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:08 - Feb 25 by BushRanger82

I would at least try.
You heard the old adage, you never ask, you never get?

I'm not even sure Clement would come here as number one, never mind as assistant
Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:14 - Feb 25 with 2420 viewsHendonHoop

Surely we can do better than those two.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:28 - Feb 25 with 2387 viewsPunteR

I can see it being Ramsey again.
We've effectively been mothballed by TF and co while ffp goes on. Theres no way we can afford the likes of McLaren or Clement.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:35 - Feb 25 with 2375 viewsPlanetHonneywood

It’s late February. We’re all generally of the view that we’re not going down, albeit that it’s probably more a case of we won’t go down because of the rubbish below us.

Either way, we’ve three months to sort the managerial position, and allow time for a preseason and handling the transfer market. We’re in for a shitty 2018/9 and I just don’t think going into it with Ollie at the helm is anywhere near wise.

Plenty clubs been in worse Pooh than us and indeed, there are plenty of clubs who’d take the squad we’ve got. As for who should replace Ollie? God knows; I’m just not following enough these days. However, a change is needed in the summer because come August, if that raccoon is managing us, we’re in trouble.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 16:45 - Feb 25 with 2288 viewsthemodfather

ok, olly has come to us when we are skint, again. imo an average squad has us hwere we are, mid table-ish.
3 tough games coming up could see us drawn deeper into the mire if results go badly.....
are we improving? imo, no
are we playing good flowing exciting footy ? imo, no
are fans up for it and atmosphere "rocking", imo no
who can take this team forward? there's the biggy
Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:02 - Feb 25 with 2255 viewsactonman

Please god he can go at the end of the season with a replacement lined up to smoothly transition without the usual panic appointment.

Sh!t or bust for us , stay with Ian and we will be competing with du cain boys under 13's in terms of crowds watching on a Saturday as the football is mind numbingly predictable dross.

The half decent players we have will be gone so what little bit of spark we conjure up from time to time will be replaced with total hoofball.

Having no money is no excuse to stick with something that just doesn't work, I'm sure there's some younger up and coming managers or even older ones looking to get back on the horse who would be up for the challenge ?

No I can't name any as its not my job to before you ask !!! If the director of football can't either then maybe more questions need to be asked.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:39 - Feb 25 with 2205 viewsHendonHoop

I know this may be a real off the wall shout but how about Alun Curbishley getting back into Football again? I know he's been away from management for a long while but it's just a thought.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:46 - Feb 25 with 2180 viewsEsox_Lucius

FYI IH has a contract to the end of 2018-19 season. As things stand I can't imagine the club wanting to pay him up just to have another spin on the roulette wheel, especially with what any new manager would be given to work with. Maybe have a think about who to have as manager for the 2019-20 season? We all wanted the club to stop wasting money and get some stability at the core of the club, now it's happened we find fans want to waste money and go back to changing the manager once more. This kind of nonsense hardly gives credibility to the fans knowing what's best for their club does it? Some of them can barely restrain themselves from killing one another.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:53 - Feb 25 with 2163 viewsHendonHoop

Was only just an opinion. Since we are throwing ideas about the management of the club.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 18:16 - Feb 25 with 2111 viewsJamesB1979

Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:39 - Feb 25 by HendonHoop

I know this may be a real off the wall shout but how about Alun Curbishley getting back into Football again? I know he's been away from management for a long while but it's just a thought.

Bit too long out of the game in my view. Does he even want to come back to football management?
Does he stay or does he go now? on 18:42 - Feb 25 with 2073 viewsEsox_Lucius

Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:53 - Feb 25 by HendonHoop

Was only just an opinion. Since we are throwing ideas about the management of the club.

I was merely focusing your attention to the available time frame for a feasible change.

The grass is always greener.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 19:09 - Feb 25 with 2036 viewsessextaxiboy

Lets see where we finish at the end of the season ? We have a huge fine hanging over us , we had a large part of this season with seven defenders out and in two transfer windows we have signed Scowen and one or two punts for the future.
Our players with one or two exceptions are average , our manager is committed , giving his best but is average and to be honest our support at home at least by our own standards is average .

We are winning losing and drawing in equal measure but most of us think we will be ok and finish where most of us thought we would back in August.

Yesterday was depressing , I stuck it out to the end but for once I understood those who went home .Holloway and all 11 players had shockers and we took a tonking from our bogey team , but IMO we suck it up and move on .

I am a Holloway fan , I spent hours defending him when he was here before . I like the fact that he really loves the club. I like his quirky character which for me fits with our club and its history .
I hope he has the courage to call himself in if it goes wrong but personally I would give him till 10 games into next season and see where we are..........
Does he stay or does he go now? on 19:15 - Feb 25 with 2020 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Does he stay or does he go now? on 19:09 - Feb 25 by essextaxiboy

Lets see where we finish at the end of the season ? We have a huge fine hanging over us , we had a large part of this season with seven defenders out and in two transfer windows we have signed Scowen and one or two punts for the future.
Our players with one or two exceptions are average , our manager is committed , giving his best but is average and to be honest our support at home at least by our own standards is average .

We are winning losing and drawing in equal measure but most of us think we will be ok and finish where most of us thought we would back in August.

Yesterday was depressing , I stuck it out to the end but for once I understood those who went home .Holloway and all 11 players had shockers and we took a tonking from our bogey team , but IMO we suck it up and move on .

I am a Holloway fan , I spent hours defending him when he was here before . I like the fact that he really loves the club. I like his quirky character which for me fits with our club and its history .
I hope he has the courage to call himself in if it goes wrong but personally I would give him till 10 games into next season and see where we are..........

This.

If Ian Huntley and John Terry doubled up and managed us with a deaf, blind, muted Paul Hart, I'd still cling on till June when options are clearer and more abundant.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 19:30 - Feb 25 with 1989 viewsGloucs_R

Hope - Ian picks up the 12 points we need to survive and with a big goofy smile says at the end of the season..."its been fun boys, but I'll leave it there as my garden is starting to get overgrown"

I don't think we'll sack him this season. It would cost too much to do so, but I genuinely think he'll be gone in the summer and I would hope that someone already has been lined up.

Paul Clement, Steve McLaren, Mark Warburton would be my top 3 with the latter two being my preferred.

McLaren with Clint Hill as his Assistant would be very good IMO. Hill talks highly of McLaren and maybe we need a coach more than a manager, esp when you have a DOF.

Ainsworth - still a lot to prove IMO and I don't think he is ready for the mad house that is QPR. Its risky for him as it could destroy his career before its begun.

So, to answer the original questions....

Do I want him gone - reluctantly, yes.

Do I think they will sack him - not until the summer

We should we be finishing in the league, honestly....Top 12 would be realistic. We have a half decent squad there, just don't seem to play to our strengths.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 20:01 - Feb 25 with 1956 viewsJamesB1979

Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:46 - Feb 25 by Esox_Lucius

FYI IH has a contract to the end of 2018-19 season. As things stand I can't imagine the club wanting to pay him up just to have another spin on the roulette wheel, especially with what any new manager would be given to work with. Maybe have a think about who to have as manager for the 2019-20 season? We all wanted the club to stop wasting money and get some stability at the core of the club, now it's happened we find fans want to waste money and go back to changing the manager once more. This kind of nonsense hardly gives credibility to the fans knowing what's best for their club does it? Some of them can barely restrain themselves from killing one another.

It’s an added cost that we can probably do without but don’t think we have a cash issue, it’s more profits and making sure we spend within our means for FFP. Technically cost of getting rid of a manager should be treated as an exceptional item and therefore excluded form our loss (or profit) in the FFP calculation. Therefore I don’t think it would impact FFP at all.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 20:30 - Feb 25 with 1925 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Does he stay or does he go now? on 17:46 - Feb 25 by Esox_Lucius

I won't be too bothered if this happens. One more year of getting our shit together is fine and wont hurt anyone, apart from the sensibilities of QPR fans you mentioned.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 21:17 - Feb 25 with 1842 viewsLadbrokeR

In answer to the OP I think he’ll stay and have his day in court by this I mean a single game that will ensure our survival. I haven’t done the maths and worked through the permutations of where and when this will be but it will take a game like this to inject some atmosphere back into the ground. The Blue and White bar was quite full for the whole of the second with people opting to stay and have a few pints and watch the inevitable happen on a screen.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 21:33 - Feb 25 with 1822 viewstonyQPR

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:12 - Feb 25 by Northernr

I'm not even sure Clement would come here as number one, never mind as assistant

Pay enough and he will come, irrespective of everything else they can afford it Clive mate.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 22:19 - Feb 25 with 1764 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Does he stay or does he go now? on 21:33 - Feb 25 by tonyQPR

Pay enough and he will come, irrespective of everything else they can afford it Clive mate.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 22:44 - Feb 25 with 1720 viewsDavieQPR

Terrible situation this FFP which forces us to only buy wingers to rot in the reserves if they cannot play out of position. Also forces us to play people who cannot adapt to the nine or ten tactic changes per game. I'm mean FFP forcing us to play with the tactic we finished the last game with, whatever it was (answers on a postcard please). Damn this FFP which is to blame for everything.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 00:57 - Feb 26 with 1623 viewsHooped_Pullie

Whilst I really like the lengthy (and clearly very popular) post from earlier in this thread stating that we are likely in for a very rough five or six years, with the possibility of League One for at least some of that, I can't go along with it as the only version of our future. Millwall are currently potless, with a squad seriously inferior to ours (just take a look at it) and the club's actual existence is threatened by property development issues and a shifty local council. Yet they are steadily rising substantially above us in the division (four away wins on the spin) and now seem to be looking up rather than down. And who can blame them ? I don't know if Holloway will start next season in charge, but if he did I'd be amazed to see him finish it. With little in the way of refreshment financially or squad-wise, we will certainly need fresh tactics, optimism and a large dose of feck-reality ambition for 2018/19. All the ingredients are there to be miserable for the next half-decade, sure - but we don't have to be. Tactical nous, modern thinking and a leader-coach or two who really, really want to make a name for themselves will save this football club. I love Ian hugely, and wouldn't call for his head, but come next term there'll be no room for yesterday's ambition. That's the way it is.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 1:04]
Does he stay or does he go now? on 05:07 - Feb 26 with 1551 viewsBlue_Castello

Lucky for me I am on holiday at the moment so my seat in R block was empty, that said it was still tough to take the defeat even if it's Fing hot here.
We all know that we have to win the winnable home games if we are going to get the 4 wins needed to avoid relegation, our away form is abysmal and unlike some who seem to think we are already safe I am struggling to pick the four games we are going to win. The next two games look like defeats and after those games the nine point gap will have shrunk, the Sunderland home game will look a must win again.
Saturday's game against the florists was tougher than most expected, it seems our players took it far too easy, say compared to the Wolves game and the other factor was Forest have seven new players signed in the last transfer window. In fairness to Forest they suffered a transfer embargo and have had to suffer, they now have new owners, signed 6 on transfer deadline day and then got Ben Watson as a free agent after his contract was paid up at Watford. They havnt gone mad with the money but have signed some useful Championship players permanent and on loan, the exception probably is Watson who would have demanded big wages.

The new manager question is tricky I am convinced that Clive is correct we have NO money, the last transfer window proved that, FFP has bitten very hard, we have to comply with the current rules whilst we appeal the fine on the old rules. This probably means any talk about manager change is academic, we wIll stick with Ollie because we have no option, if that's the case then we need to get behind him till the end of the season. Four more wins should see us safe and they will have to come at home because away does not seem an option.

Personally I don't agree with the people who keep saying we have a strong squad, I am not sure who they are comparing us too but our forward options are poor to average at Championship level. True on their day the midfield three can compete with the best but the back up players are still either learning or just not finding form. Defensively on paper we have the players but it's just not translating to grass, I agree with the theory that we don't have the correct players for3-5-2 and that reverting to a back four should be considered before it's too late, fed up seeing us exposed down the wings.
It's a fact that teams like Millwall are punching above their weight, it helps when you have two good strong hold up players in Morrison and Lee Gregory, they scored both goals when they beat Wednesday 2-1 recently. Credit to Neill Harris for getting all his players up for the fight every game as the saying goes it's the sum of the parts that can make all the difference, it's doubly annoying because Millwall are horrible at the best of times.
At the moment the best we can hope for is to try and achieve something similar to Millwall, it's not going to happen overnight, let's just get 4 more wins and we can plan for next season the alternative is financial meltdown again.....
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 6:08]
Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:17 - Feb 26 with 1412 viewsbaz_qpr

I dont buy the managed decline bit either, thats just death by a 1000 cuts, our crowds are in freefall. FFP is a 3 year cycle with the biggest loss cycling out, costs have to be cut to make a £4-5m loss for this year, and we lose parachute payments next but they can invest in the summer if they choose to and if they trust who they are investing in to get the most out of the assets provided, otherwise we will go to league one eventually
Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:24 - Feb 26 with 1402 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Does he stay or does he go now? on 00:57 - Feb 26 by Hooped_Pullie

Whilst I really like the lengthy (and clearly very popular) post from earlier in this thread stating that we are likely in for a very rough five or six years, with the possibility of League One for at least some of that, I can't go along with it as the only version of our future. Millwall are currently potless, with a squad seriously inferior to ours (just take a look at it) and the club's actual existence is threatened by property development issues and a shifty local council. Yet they are steadily rising substantially above us in the division (four away wins on the spin) and now seem to be looking up rather than down. And who can blame them ? I don't know if Holloway will start next season in charge, but if he did I'd be amazed to see him finish it. With little in the way of refreshment financially or squad-wise, we will certainly need fresh tactics, optimism and a large dose of feck-reality ambition for 2018/19. All the ingredients are there to be miserable for the next half-decade, sure - but we don't have to be. Tactical nous, modern thinking and a leader-coach or two who really, really want to make a name for themselves will save this football club. I love Ian hugely, and wouldn't call for his head, but come next term there'll be no room for yesterday's ambition. That's the way it is.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 1:04]

This Millwall run of form is a freak of nature, and has come after a period of shite a lot longer than we’ve been through.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 9:26]
Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:31 - Feb 26 with 1385 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:03 - Feb 25 by kensalriser

If we're going to be ambitious let's just aim high and accept nothing less than Guardiola and Klopp as number 2.

Isn't Sir Alex Ferguson at a loose end at the moment? Get him in too!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024