Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does he stay or does he go now? 09:14 - Feb 25 with 11798 viewsRangersDave

I know, the last thing you want is another in or out thread, but I’m truly interested.

Ok, we know we are in the merde financially, and constraints on buying and selling are there for all to see, but........

Do we think that Ollie has now had his chance, and must be shown the door, as it’s plain he won’t go through it himself?

My opinion is that , although I love him to bits, the time is ‘almost’ upon us. I say almost as i’d Like him to stay until we are assured , mathematically, of staying up, then go. Leaving, hopefully 5-6 matches for a new sucker, sorry, manager to see what he has to work with, and what he might need for next season.

Who would replace Ollie? I’d pick one guy from a list of the top 3 managers from all the leagues below and that way there is a chance we pick a hungry one, one with nouse, intelligence and ability.

I think, sadly that Ollie is way out of his depth, and has been since arrival back.
I’d get rid of the coaches too. As they don’t seem to be up to much.

Yup, almost a nuclear option but one we have to consider unless by some miracle Shteeeeeve comes back to Rangers.

Thoughts guys?
Cheers
Dave

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:41 - Feb 26 with 1519 viewsPeterHucker

Does he stay or does he go now? on 09:31 - Feb 26 by CliveWilsonSaid

Isn't Sir Alex Ferguson at a loose end at the moment? Get him in too!

Yeah, we should get Bill Shankly in as well.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:19 - Feb 26 with 1475 views2Thomas2Bowles

I suppose Wenger is out of the running after yesterday, we are too good for his like.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Does he stay or does he go now? on 10:48 - Feb 26 with 1433 viewspaulparker

I get the FFP thing and I get we are cutting our cloth according , we are also in a league where Gary Madine goes for 6 million pounds FFS ,its tough and we are 9 points off from the bottom 3 which is a lot better than what I expected (I thought we would go down)
But Millwall , Preston, Ipswich, Brentford all have lower budgets than us and all are playing better than us the football since October has been dire , real lump it forward to the big man Wimbledon circa 88-93 , which is fine if you play a 4-4-2 but we play a wing back system without proper wing backs and apart from freeman the midfield lacks and creativity, that's the point of playing that system that you have width and 2 midfielders who can push up , we don't do that , I don't blame any fan for not going or not renewing for next year its to expensive for the hoofball we are being dished up
id give Holloway to the end of the year thank him and move on , hopefully our DOF has a better option or has someone lined up other than Sherwood if not then Ainsworth for me with clint as a number 2

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:20 - Feb 26 with 1398 viewsqprphil

I don't think are out of the woods yet regarding relegation, but I hope to be proved wrong with a couple of wins starting against Villa. As for sacking Holloway, not the greatest of managers tbf, but could we afford better, even if we could would they fair better.? Names crop up, but for me, we stay put, you can only work with what you have, personally I don't think the players are performing as they should, I think the main let down is his use of tactics, or should I say non use.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:48 - Feb 26 with 1371 viewsDiscodroids

Anyone got the stats in terms of wins, draws & defeats since Ollies return as manager?, much obliged in perpetuity if someone could sling it up for me. Thank You.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:49 - Feb 26 with 1372 viewsSnipper

As much as I love the fella, Ian Holloway wasn’t the right choice when he was reappointed, and he definitely isn’t the right choice now.

The way I see it, we have a decent championship squad. What we seriously lack is the know how for putting a team out that is organised and settled. We have players playing in different positions regularly, and the team is chopped and changed too bloody often. An example is Pawel Wszolek. He’s had a good couple of games at right midfield/wing, then is dropped to the bench. Now he’s playing him as a bloody wing back.

He’s not the only player to have been mucked around. Ryan Manning was a revelation in the second half of last season. It looked as though we’d unearthed a gem, but where has he been this season?

He doesn’t know from week to week who’ll play up front for us. I’ve stuck up for Conor Washington now for ages. I know there is a decent player there, but I fear it’s not going to be shown for us. I just know that he’ll end up at Brentford or Millwall, and he’ll be the player I know he can be.

What we need is somebody to come in and instill some organisation and much needed stability in the team. Who that man is, I don’t know. What I do know is that proper management scouting and due diligence has to take place. I’d say there are numerous young to middle aged people in the lower divisions who would be able to take our club forward. They are out there just waiting to be given a chance. Paul Cook (Wigan) Dean Smith (Brentford), to name but two. They are out there.

Ever since that ‘she wasn’t the prettiest girl, but we got her in the taxi’ quote went viral, Ian Holloway has thought that he’s a comedian and he’s been trying to live up to it ever since.
Saturday’s offerings were about bloody raccoons.

As I said at the start of this post, I love Ian Holloway. I loved him as a player and when he came in as manager in our darkest days. Let him see out the season, with us hopefully not being relegated. Then it has to be goodbye.

We can’t go into next season with Ian Holloway and Marc Bircham.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:59 - Feb 26 with 1339 viewsstevec

TF has got this club into such a mess that Ollie is probably the least of our worries.

No idea how many players have come in from a lower position than we stood at the time of signing but it's not worked under Ramsey, JFH or Ollie and it probably won't work under anyone else.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:59 - Feb 26 with 1339 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:48 - Feb 26 by Discodroids

Anyone got the stats in terms of wins, draws & defeats since Ollies return as manager?, much obliged in perpetuity if someone could sling it up for me. Thank You.

Played 54 W17 D10 L27 31.48% Win Ratio
Login to get fewer ads

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:01 - Feb 26 with 1327 viewsDiscodroids

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:59 - Feb 26 by Silverfoxqpr

Thanks Mate.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:16 - Feb 26 with 1283 viewsstevec

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:59 - Feb 26 by Silverfoxqpr

It's not good but, with the players at his disposal, not that bad either.

Of the two promoted sides of recent years, I'd say only Smithies and Freeman would stand a chance of getting in either of them.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:18 - Feb 26 with 1279 viewsMytch_QPR

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:20 - Feb 26 by qprphil

I don't think are out of the woods yet regarding relegation, but I hope to be proved wrong with a couple of wins starting against Villa. As for sacking Holloway, not the greatest of managers tbf, but could we afford better, even if we could would they fair better.? Names crop up, but for me, we stay put, you can only work with what you have, personally I don't think the players are performing as they should, I think the main let down is his use of tactics, or should I say non use.

I would be delighted / amazed if we get anything at Villa. In reality, we should be targeting home wins V Sunderland, Sheff Weds & Brum plus an away point somewhere (Hull, Reading maybe).
That would definitely see us safe - in reality 7 points may be enough with room to breathe.

The real concern is that we keep drifting into this position and we stay up because there are 5-6 worse teams. Unless we do have a plan for next season as a club we do run the risk of having a bad start and not recovering.

As has been the case for a long time, lack of goals is the main issue. That may be down to IH and the training staff, or it may be down to bad choices / lack of money in the transfer market - in which case it's more down to Evil Les, TF and the scouts.

Put another way, if we could secure the services of one or two decent strikers and the team seem to be pulling together, would you chop Ollie and take a gamble on a foreign manager or maybe someone from League 1 or 2? - because those would be the choices rather than a recognised name.
[Post edited 26 Feb 2018 12:19]

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Does he stay or does he go now? on 12:49 - Feb 26 with 1235 viewsR_from_afar

For all those who are talking about Ainsworth, be aware that he plays very direct football with Akinfenwa basically acting as their version of Matt Smith, i.e. the targetman for looped crosses which are then laid off to players running forward in support. The style purists will absolutely slaughter him. I wouldn't, I am more interested in passion, commitment and results, but be warned.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:17 - Feb 26 with 1207 viewsQPR_John

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:20 - Feb 26 by qprphil

" I think the main let down is his use of tactics, or should I say non use."

Support Holloway all you want that is your choice but don't come out with comments like the above. Surely the first and most important attribute for a manager is use of tactics. Agree it is not the only one and the best managers have a variety of talents but without it nothing else really matters.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:19 - Feb 26 with 1205 viewsWestbourneR

Even though he drives me mad I think it makes sense for Ollie to stay until the end of the season.

But if he doesn't go in the summer I will not be back. He has absolutely no idea how to move this team forward from running around a lot. We show zero signs of progression.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:06 - Feb 26 with 1155 viewsNorthernr

Does he stay or does he go now? on 13:19 - Feb 26 by WestbourneR

Even though he drives me mad I think it makes sense for Ollie to stay until the end of the season.

But if he doesn't go in the summer I will not be back. He has absolutely no idea how to move this team forward from running around a lot. We show zero signs of progression.

Yeh I’m pleased we’ve managed to break the cycle of giving a manager the summer budget and transfer window then sacking them in October. So counter productive it’s untrue. But once we’re through March, and assuming we do find the three wins we need, that’s the time to start thinking about this summer and next season.

Do we think it’ll get better? Do we think, with some more wiggle room created by players coming out of contract, that Holloway/Penrice will find us three or four more Freeman and Scowen types? That’s what he seems to be hanging his hat on, do we see it happening? Possibly also going to have to replace Onuoha and Robinson too (Fulham I heard for the latter on Saturday, might be bolox) and whether you rate them or not we can’t go in with bloody Lynch and Baptiste as our first choice two.

If not, then who are the viable alternatives? No point sacking a manager then starting the process, that’s how you end up doing what West Brom did this season. You need to have a really good idea of who’s realistically interested - saying that Paul Clement would come as number two and “you don’t know until you try” is a road to ruin. Warburton the only name I’ve seen so far who might come IMO.

But April/May is the time for this, just as it was last season.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:13 - Feb 26 with 1133 viewsdaveB

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:06 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Yeh I’m pleased we’ve managed to break the cycle of giving a manager the summer budget and transfer window then sacking them in October. So counter productive it’s untrue. But once we’re through March, and assuming we do find the three wins we need, that’s the time to start thinking about this summer and next season.

Do we think it’ll get better? Do we think, with some more wiggle room created by players coming out of contract, that Holloway/Penrice will find us three or four more Freeman and Scowen types? That’s what he seems to be hanging his hat on, do we see it happening? Possibly also going to have to replace Onuoha and Robinson too (Fulham I heard for the latter on Saturday, might be bolox) and whether you rate them or not we can’t go in with bloody Lynch and Baptiste as our first choice two.

If not, then who are the viable alternatives? No point sacking a manager then starting the process, that’s how you end up doing what West Brom did this season. You need to have a really good idea of who’s realistically interested - saying that Paul Clement would come as number two and “you don’t know until you try” is a road to ruin. Warburton the only name I’ve seen so far who might come IMO.

would agree with this, get the points on the board and see where we are in April.
Still a chance we could finish the season well or completely collapse, nether would surprise me.

I don't buy into the popular view that a different manager will get more from the squad, heard the same under Hasselbaink, Redknapp and Ramsey, always one change away from everything being alright.

I'd personally say thanks and goodbye to Holloway in the summer and bring in Ainsworth but no guarantee that would work
Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:22 - Feb 26 with 1113 viewshubble

Does he stay or does he go now? on 11:49 - Feb 26 by Snipper

As much as I love the fella, Ian Holloway wasn’t the right choice when he was reappointed, and he definitely isn’t the right choice now.

The way I see it, we have a decent championship squad. What we seriously lack is the know how for putting a team out that is organised and settled. We have players playing in different positions regularly, and the team is chopped and changed too bloody often. An example is Pawel Wszolek. He’s had a good couple of games at right midfield/wing, then is dropped to the bench. Now he’s playing him as a bloody wing back.

He’s not the only player to have been mucked around. Ryan Manning was a revelation in the second half of last season. It looked as though we’d unearthed a gem, but where has he been this season?

He doesn’t know from week to week who’ll play up front for us. I’ve stuck up for Conor Washington now for ages. I know there is a decent player there, but I fear it’s not going to be shown for us. I just know that he’ll end up at Brentford or Millwall, and he’ll be the player I know he can be.

What we need is somebody to come in and instill some organisation and much needed stability in the team. Who that man is, I don’t know. What I do know is that proper management scouting and due diligence has to take place. I’d say there are numerous young to middle aged people in the lower divisions who would be able to take our club forward. They are out there just waiting to be given a chance. Paul Cook (Wigan) Dean Smith (Brentford), to name but two. They are out there.

Ever since that ‘she wasn’t the prettiest girl, but we got her in the taxi’ quote went viral, Ian Holloway has thought that he’s a comedian and he’s been trying to live up to it ever since.
Saturday’s offerings were about bloody raccoons.

As I said at the start of this post, I love Ian Holloway. I loved him as a player and when he came in as manager in our darkest days. Let him see out the season, with us hopefully not being relegated. Then it has to be goodbye.

We can’t go into next season with Ian Holloway and Marc Bircham.

Agree pretty much with all of that mate. The only difference is that whereas the first time round I loved Ollie, now I can barely stand him. And thinking back to the time we got promoted at Hillsborough, I can hardly believe I'm saying that.

Back then we were all bonded as one: team, manager, club, fans. Now we're bitterly divided, the atmosphere amongst the fans is practically poisonous and Holloway just looks like an idiot. In fact, like a Shakespearian idiot:

..... a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing sums up Holloway's post-match and pre-match comments for me. However, he is apparently immune as far as the board's concerned; from a purely pragmatic, budgetary perspective, there appears to be no other candidate. Personally, whether he's route one or not ( and I suspect that's a lot to do with the players he has and the league they're in), I'd take Ainsworth in a heartbeat.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:23 - Feb 26 with 1109 viewsWestbourneR

All good points / questions Northern.

I am certain, absolutely certain, there are far better 'strategic' managers that could rebuild QPR the way it needs to be re-built over the next two years than Ian Holloway. I also think Ollie is a dreadful tactician and not very bright - and I think he has no idea how to improve us. For that reason he has to go.

However - I do not rule out the fact that TF may manage to appoint someone worse. He's very good at picking the wrong man.

Of the shortlists bandied around I'd agree that Warburton looks the most appropriate - but the job he did at Forest compared to the success Karanka has had sisnce has shaken my confidence in him. I'd like see us look around. Been very very impressed with Paul Cook at Wigan.

I do think Onouha & Robinson contract running out is a very big issue we need to look at asap. They may be on big contracts but they're probably in our top five best players. Onouha needs to be on a resigned on wages that fit the good to average Championship players that he is. Robinson deserves a good new deal, I think he's looking like he could be good enough for a higher level. We'd miss him badly.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:27 - Feb 26 with 1099 viewsSimonJames

I think part of the "wiggle room created" should probably be diverted towards incentivising the next manager.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:28 - Feb 26 with 1091 viewsAntti_Heinola

Realistic names that I've heard of...

Warburton
McClaren
Ainsworth
Monk?
Clement
Grayson

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I think I might take all of those over Ollie, except for Gaz, because I don't want him tainted.

A name I'd throw into the ring is Gary Neville. Has experience, was not great in Spain, but that was a foolhardy if brave decision by him to take it on. Passionate, tactical, fresh and has always seemed to respect QPR and LR. Risky for him, and us. Would take huge balls on both counts.

Then there's loads of foreign names and League One names I don't know too. The next Wagner, whoever that may be. Someone Portuguese.

Bare bones.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:49 - Feb 26 with 1061 viewsWestbourneR

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:28 - Feb 26 by Antti_Heinola

Realistic names that I've heard of...

Warburton
McClaren
Ainsworth
Monk?
Clement
Grayson

I'm almost ashamed to say it, but I think I might take all of those over Ollie, except for Gaz, because I don't want him tainted.

A name I'd throw into the ring is Gary Neville. Has experience, was not great in Spain, but that was a foolhardy if brave decision by him to take it on. Passionate, tactical, fresh and has always seemed to respect QPR and LR. Risky for him, and us. Would take huge balls on both counts.

Then there's loads of foreign names and League One names I don't know too. The next Wagner, whoever that may be. Someone Portuguese.

Garry Monk would be outstanding. We should move heaven and earth to get him in the summer.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:54 - Feb 26 with 1053 viewsNorthernr

I'd be amazed if Monk would come here. Spent an absolute fortune at Boro, we haven't got a pot to piss in.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:59 - Feb 26 with 1043 viewsAntti_Heinola

Does he stay or does he go now? on 14:54 - Feb 26 by Northernr

I'd be amazed if Monk would come here. Spent an absolute fortune at Boro, we haven't got a pot to piss in.

I'd be surprised too, I have to admit. But realistically he's looking at Champ clubs now. Depends how much he wants to get back into it. If we were to look, we should at least ask.

Bare bones.

Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:09 - Feb 26 with 1029 viewsvegasranger

It would make a nice change if the club could think outside the box and find us an up and coming foreign manager. Other clubs manage to do it but we seem to plod along with re -treads or ex players.
Does he stay or does he go now? on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 1010 viewskensalriser

I'm really struggling to imagine in what parallel universe Clement would come here. He thinks he's a PL manager, why would he pitch in for a Championship relegation struggle for no doubt less money than he wants?

On top of that, there's scant evidence he's actually any good.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024